HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gallagher wins it in shoot out. WOoooooooooOOOoo

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2013, 01:33 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bib View Post
Sucks to see Iginla go to a team that is anything but a class act.
Such strong feeling against the penguins you have

Old
03-28-2013, 02:06 AM
Alexdaman

vCash: 50
Quote:
Sucks to see Iginla go to a team that is anything but a class act.
The Pens are pretty classy imo. Their fans are not usually a big pain the in the ass ( except the ones booing PK ), the media covering them is alright and their players ( except Matt Coke ) aren't big whiners.

Old
03-28-2013, 02:07 AM
habtastic

I'm so happy Iggy is going to the Pens and not the ruins. He is "saved" in my books. It's like turning to the dark side, except the dark side in this case is pathetic and really not alluring at all (although I imagine a force choke is in their playbook).

Not saying I want the Pens to win it all, but I don't hate them and Iggy deserves a shot on that team paired with Crosby. Best scenario is them getting Halak'd in the 1st rd and we don't have to worry about it.

Old
03-28-2013, 02:07 AM
Arctic_Hab_Fan

I am seriously LOLing at the Bruin fans who drowned their sorrows in the "atleast we get Jerome Iginla" after the lost...Priceless! Oops we did win without Price

Old
03-28-2013, 02:50 AM
sergejean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
The Pens are pretty classy imo. Their fans are not usually a big pain the in the ass ( except the ones booing PK ), the media covering them is alright and their players ( except Crosby ) aren't big whiners.
Fixed it for you.

Old
03-28-2013, 03:00 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

We beat the Booins, they miss out on Iginla what a great night to be a Habs fan.

Old
03-28-2013, 03:17 AM
Alexdaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergejean View Post
Fixed it for you.
Yes Crosby got a little dirty in last year's PO, but he was doing it against the flyers... at least.

Old
03-28-2013, 03:17 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Man, I just glanced at the GDT when it was 4-2 bruins

-Markov is MAB 2.0
-Gionta is garbage
-Cut Emelin
-MT has never heard of in game adjustments, he's an idiot

Listen, Its a b2b road game, the team lacked energy and got outplayed, but they got the two points. The team deserved a better fate in pittsburgh but got nothing, then they get outplayed tonight and get 2 points. Sometimes, the game works in crazy ways, but the extremist nature of the GDT is embarrassing.

Old
03-28-2013, 03:19 AM
bib
#believe

To clear my post up, at that point, I still thought he was going to the Bruins.

Old
03-28-2013, 03:24 AM
Alexdaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post

-Markov is MAB 2.0
-Gionta is garbage
-Cut Emelin

Listen, Its a b2b road game, the team lacked energy and got outplayed, but they got the two points. The team deserved a better fate in pittsburgh but got nothing, then they get outplayed tonight and get 2 points. Sometimes, the game works in crazy ways, but the extremist nature of the GDT is embarrassing.
Yes it's sometimes very frustrating to be a habs fan. I hope the attitude will change over time. The constant whining makes me wanna puke, I honestly think there is more criticism and negativism this year than last year.

Old
03-28-2013, 03:26 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post

-Markov is MAB 2.0
-Gionta is garbage
-Cut Emelin

Actually the funny thing is, the Habs were carrying the play and looked much better than the Bruins right until the Subban goal. After that, it was typical 2nd period collapse (which might have something to do with line changes...the only thing I can think of making the 2nd period different from 1st and 3rd).

Old
03-28-2013, 04:02 AM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
esterday, 09:26 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Resiliency gets us the point. Wonder if we see Tuuka rage if he loses the SO "

posted before the shootout, you sir, are good lol. i dont know how someone predicts THAT

great game, as i said, love playing boston, no matter what.

lets be realistic here...thats TWICE we play pittsburgh and boston back to BACK, and both times AT boston, even in the PLAYOFFS you dont even get a task as crazy as that, a back to back? sure it can happen in a playoff series, ...but back to backs with the TWO top teams in the east twice??

Those are BIGTIME tests, and i think we handled ourselves pretty well considering all 4 games, we could of gone 0-4 just as much as we could of gone 4-0, and what the outcomes turned out to be is a huge learning curve for our team, keep it up boys, were STILL building towards our future, this was supposed to be a smooth-over year and look whats happening!!

Old
03-28-2013, 04:04 AM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

**** you Boston!

Old
03-28-2013, 04:10 AM
SB164

I was on a date tonight, but I managed to catch the third period and the shootout. What a gutsy performance by this team

By the way, while reading the main board Eastern Conference I couldn't help but wonder: are Leafs fans basically living vicariously through the Bruins because they haven't made the playoffs in almost a decade? The same team that essentially gave away Seguin and Hamilton to Boston? Holy ****, some of their fans are pathetic.

Beating Boston now basically means pissing off Bruins and Leafs fan. Good riddance.

Old
03-28-2013, 04:23 AM
bib
#believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
I was on a date tonight, but I managed to catch the third period and the shootout. What a gutsy performance by this team

By the way, while reading the main board Eastern Conference I couldn't help but wonder: are Leafs fans basically living vicariously through the Bruins because they haven't made the playoffs in almost a decade? The same team that essentially gave away Seguin and Hamilton to Boston? Holy ****, some of their fans are pathetic.

Beating Boston now basically means pissing off Bruins and Leafs fan. Good riddance.
Sounds about right.

Another pathetic team.

Old
03-28-2013, 04:32 AM
StellerEller
DeadliestSekac

vCash: 351
Alright, I've had a bit to drink, but the following is 10 THINGS I'd like to say:
1)Plekanec was unreal tonight. Controlled the play, had his legs pumping, clean passes and ended up with 3A. Big game player.
2)Markov and Emelin had a horrid game but I am of the opinion that its not a trend that we'll see. They simply played too much, PK needs to be the #1.
3)PK Subban = Norris finalist, possibly winner. Unreal. Elite, takes over a game, no weakness in his skillset. Not to mention he's a heart and soul player. He never gave up.
4)Gallagher was once again a warrior. Calder? Maybe. Playoff beast? Hard to say no. So excited to see him grow and improve.
5)Galchenyuk and Eller seemed to have better chemistry tonight. While Galch played better IMO, I'm happy Eller started passing and cycling more. It's the step he needs to take to make his puck possession result in points. Awesome job by these two and Army.
6)Price was pretty strong tonight. Obviously gassed, but he was left out to dry too often. Budaj is a blessing. Great #2, and a great team player. Came in cold, but was absolutely Clutch.
7)Other than our defensive slip ups, we kept the pace, intensity, and compete level high. So happy we stole the win. Hit the road, Bawwwston.
8)Ryder is amazing in traffic/the slot. Bergevin.
9)Bruins prove in their Post-game interviews that they are the lowest, classless and most pathetic organization. Keep crying, it sustains us. It's No Excuses vs. No Excuse to small. Classic.
10)Moen, Blunden, Halpern were all great tonight. Blunden threw his weight around and Moen looks to be rebounding from a quiet season. Halpern is just perfect at #4C.

Old
03-28-2013, 04:37 AM
bib
#believe

I just knew we would win.

The Bruins represent everything that is reprehensible about hockey.

The very attitude of their team, from management, to coach to players is the antithesis of class.

Their cup win is a black eye on the sport.

I hope their team implodes into itself and never resurfaces.

Old
03-28-2013, 06:02 AM
googlymoogly

Iginla saw that Rask tantrum and said no way to Boston

Old
03-28-2013, 06:08 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Just saw Marchand talking about what he thinks was embellishing again in tonight's game.. Such a good player but a pathetic whiner.
But he had no ptoblem with Segeuin falling in OT to give them a PP......Marchand of all people whining...

Old
03-28-2013, 06:11 AM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post

Yeah, the Leafs have been on their own date with Bruins fans, licking their rear with compliments about how much they want to be just like them. All that's missing is "Me love you long time!". From "Fan Base" to "Debase". Sad. What they don't realize is you can't just start measuring yourself against the big boys with an identity created 10 weeks ago. Leafs fans fancy themselves to be part of a big, hated rivalry with us, but they're still in rivalry diapers.

Hope your date went well.

Old
03-28-2013, 06:30 AM
Kikizaz

Quote:
I just knew we would win.

The Bruins represent everything that is reprehensible about hockey.

The very attitude of their team, from management, to coach to players is the antithesis of class.

Their cup win is a black eye on the sport.

I hope their team implodes into itself and never resurfaces.
Wow.

I think someone finally accurately described how I feel about the bruins.

Bravo.

Old
03-28-2013, 07:25 AM
PricePkPatch

So NOBODY has a recording of TSN's PERFECT ANGLE on Subban's goal?!

Old
03-28-2013, 07:37 AM
LyricalLyricist

Not sure if its been done but can someone YouTube subbans rush to the net in 2nd? Was a beauty play.

Old
03-28-2013, 07:39 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
Yeah, the Leafs have been on their own date with Bruins fans, licking their rear with compliments about how much they want to be just like them. All that's missing is "Me love you long time!". From "Fan Base" to "Debase". Sad. What they don't realize is you can't just start measuring yourself against the big boys with an identity created 10 weeks ago. Leafs fans fancy themselves to be part of a big, hated rivalry with us, but they're still in rivalry diapers.

Hope your date went well.
Ya I don't get it. I understand being neutral but wow bruins fans ripped them a new one for years.

Old
03-28-2013, 07:50 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

A bit lost in all of this is Budaj coming in and being a brick wall. I find it comical he was called basically an AHL goalie after 2 starts(with no preseason) and he comes into TWO Boston games on back to back and gets the win(s). 5-0-0 1.59 and .930 since the Buffalo game.

He made 2-3 huge saves before the shootout then looked like he knew what the Bruins were trying to do before they did it in the SO.

Closed Thread