HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

David Desharnais - Black or White Edition

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2013, 12:05 AM
WakeUpNHL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Very mediocre game again. Yikes.

But he got a point and we won. That's good enough for tonight but he really needs to pick it up.
Mediocre game for DD? I would hate to see a bad one if that's the case!

DD :
16 Min ice time including over 3 Min PP,
0 Shots On Goal,
4 for 12 on faceoffs, 25%
0 hits
1 secondary asssit on Gally's lucky goal.

It was a WAR out there against the Bruinsand Desharnais was MIA! Again.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:26 AM
SNM87
Habby Habitants

People will always hate on this guy because he is 5"7 and undrafted. He's still one of our top players and would be top 9 on any team in the NHL.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:30 AM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars0987 View Post
People will always hate on this guy because he is 5"7 and undrafted. He's still one of our top players and would be top 9 on any team in the NHL.
No he isn't and no he won't. We have several more well rounded players. I like DD but some people make him a bigger player than he is. He wouldn't be top 9 on most Cup contenders.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:39 AM
SNM87
Habby Habitants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
No he isn't and no he won't. We have several more well rounded players. I like DD but some people make him a bigger player than he is. He wouldn't be top 9 on most Cup contenders.
Contenders such as who? Chicago? Anaheim? Pittsburgh? Boston? If you know anything....at all.....you have to agree that Desharnais would be a top 9 forward on anyone of those clubs. I look at 3rd lines on these clubs, even players off of their 2nd lines and Desharnais trumps them. I am not one to praise Desharnais as a lot have come to do, but when I hear such negativity about him over and over from others it makes me scratch my head.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:27 AM
SNM87
Habby Habitants

Always compared to other smaller stature players. Lets fully compare right now for how others careers started off over 1st 3 seasons.

Roy after 194 games
GP 194 G 48 A 80 PTS 128 PIM 129

Ennis after 172 games
GP 172 G 47 A 69 PTS 116 PIM 60

Steve Sullivan after 187 games
GP 187 G 41 A 72 PTS 113 PIM 122

Desharnais after 163 games
GP 163 G 32 A 70 PTS 102 PIM 54

Gionta after 166 games
GP 166 G 37 A 37 PTS 74 PIM 67

Hudler after 173 games
GP 173 G 29 A 41 PTS 70 PIM 74

St. Louis after 147 games
GP 147 G 22 A 38 PTS 60 PIM 44

Those are the only names I'm using right now, Desharnais is either on pace with these guys or doing better then they were at this part of their career. Facts don't lie, he is good enough to be on any teams Top 9. We are a scoring by committee team and need complimentary players like him who have potential to become something better.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:29 AM
Ginu

Quote:
Contenders such as who? Chicago? Anaheim? Pittsburgh? Boston? If you know anything....at all.....you have to agree that Desharnais would be a top 9 forward on anyone of those clubs. I look at 3rd lines on these clubs, even players off of their 2nd lines and Desharnais trumps them. I am not one to praise Desharnais as a lot have come to do, but when I hear such negativity about him over and over from others it makes me scratch my head.
Desharnais wouldn't get near Pittsburgh, Chicago or Boston's 3rd lines. Not even close.

He def wouldn't be a top 6 forward and he's not defensively responsible enough for a Cup contender to put him on the third line, ESPECIALLY not at center. Third liners have a very unique skill set.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:31 AM
Ginu

Quote:
Always compared to other smaller stature players. Lets fully compare right now for how others careers started off over 1st 3 seasons.

Roy after 194 games

Ennis after 172 games

Gionta after 166 games

Hudler after 173 games

Those are the only names I'm using right now, Desharnais is either on pace with these guys or doing better then they were at this part of their career. Facts don't lie, he is good enough to be on any teams Top 9. We are a scoring by committee team and need complimentary players like him who have potential to become something better.
None of those players are on a Cup contender. He is a third line player in the league. He just wouldn't make any team's top 9.

Old
03-28-2013, 05:25 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
None of those players are on a Cup contender. He is a third line player in the league. He just wouldn't make any team's top 9.
lol.., might want to read that post again

Old
03-28-2013, 05:40 AM
Kikizaz

Quote:

Roy after 194 games

Ennis after 172 games

Gionta after 166 games

Hudler after 173 games

Quote:

Each of the bold players played on a strong stanley cup contending team at least 1 year of time they accumulated those points, within the first 3 seasons.

Old
03-28-2013, 06:25 AM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUpNHL View Post
Mediocre game for DD? I would hate to see a bad one if that's the case!

DD :
16 Min ice time including over 3 Min PP,
0 Shots On Goal,
4 for 12 on faceoffs, 25%
0 hits
1 secondary asssit on Gally's lucky goal.

It was a WAR out there against the Bruinsand Desharnais was MIA! Again.
When was the last time DD was MIA against the Bruins?

Old
03-28-2013, 07:08 AM
Milhouse40

Quote:
Gorges is undrafted and poeple seems to like him (in majority)
Gallagher is 5'9" and everybody seems to like him too (in majority)

A guy who gets major Powerplay Time
A guy who gets lots of ice-time
A guy who gets the majority of O-zone start
A guy who gets to play with the best winger on the team
A guy who gets to be on an all-offensive
A guy who gets to play against defensive minded-player
A guy who have only an offensive upside

That guy should be leading the team or at least being on the top 3.
But he is not.

That guy should be better than our 3rd liner playing with Armstrong.....but he is not.
That guy should be better than our 2 way center Plek.....but he is not
That guy should be better than aging 5'7", two-way line forward Gionta....but he is not.
That guy should be better than 21 years orld green rookie Gallagher.....but he is not.

That guy shouldn't be our worst defensive player.....but he is!
That guy shouldn't be our worst PP player........but he is!
That guy shouldn't be our worst offensive puck possession player....but he is!

That guy is Desharnais!!

You claim he would be a top 9 players on most team.

But what poeple should realize is that right now, he is producing as a 3rd liner with all the advantage of a 1st liner. So if you give him the ice-time/winger/PPtime of 3rd liner......his production would be even worst

P.S. Can somebody tell him that his junior move he keep doing in the Shootoout might word well in the Swiss LEague....but we're in the NHL

Last edited by Milhouse40: 03-28-2013 at 07:17 AM.
Old
03-28-2013, 07:11 AM
onemorecup*

Quote:

bang on brother , not some all contenders he wouldnt be top 9

Old
03-28-2013, 07:17 AM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebinne4pres View Post

But he is not.

That guy should be better than our 3rd liner playing with Armstrong.....but he is not.
That guy should be better than aging 5'7", two-way line forward Gionta....but he is not.
That guy should be better than 21 years orld green rookie Gallagher.....but he is not.

That guy is Desharnais!!
great post like I said it was BS move from day one , he was an RFA and let the year ride out and take it from there.

we have overachieved this year , be happy , but no need to rush a signing for DD , total mistake IMO

No team would of made him a stupid RFA offer , who would of put 4-5 mil on the line with a first round pick as compensation ..NO ONE

you have 3 centers better right now , one is going to be a star and ready to play next year on the#1 line in Galchy

this deal was made to make the media and some local fans happy , no doubt about it

Last edited by onemorecup*: 03-28-2013 at 07:25 AM.
Old
03-28-2013, 07:23 AM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Desharnais wouldn't get near Pittsburgh, Chicago or Boston's 3rd lines. Not even close.

He def wouldn't be a top 6 forward and he's not defensively responsible enough for a Cup contender to put him on the third line, ESPECIALLY not at center. Third liners have a very unique skill set.
exactly what I have said from day one

do u guys watch the playoffs at all , he is a total liability as a bottom 6 and isnt good enough for a top 6

ship him to Calgary and let him get 50 points centering Cammy going nowhere

Old
03-28-2013, 07:30 AM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Swap Eller for him already, Pacioretty/Desharnais have been absolute garbage defensively and offensively.. Eller will at least help that line out a lot defensively.

When Prust is back I'd like to see a Galchenyuk - Desharnais - Prust third line, Prust will help out physically/defensively and I think Gally and Desharnais can put up some points against other team's 3rd lines.

Old
03-28-2013, 07:45 AM
DAChampion

You can't give to many of DD's offensive minutes to Eller, because that would mean you're giving Eller's defensive minutes to DD, which would be catastrophic to our position in the standings.

Old
03-28-2013, 07:48 AM
Milhouse40

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Chainz View Post
Swap Eller for him already, Pacioretty/Desharnais have been absolute garbage defensively and offensively.. Eller will at least help that line out a lot defensively.

When Prust is back I'd like to see a Galchenyuk - Desharnais - Prust third line, Prust will help out physically/defensively and I think Gally and Desharnais can put up some points against other team's 3rd lines.
I think that could really work.
Prust would create time and space for DD, just like Cole was doing last year.
Not the same offensive outpout obviously but better defensive awareness , that could work well.

Old
03-28-2013, 08:16 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
You can't give to many of DD's offensive minutes to Eller, because that would mean you're giving Eller's defensive minutes to DD, which would be catastrophic to our position in the standings.
He's not brutal defensively but far from shutdown and below average. You could do this if he has defensively responsible wingers.

Changes CAN be made. It's for the team so changes can be good. I have no issues with even removing DD on PP. Let him earn back his ice time. I have no doubts he'll work harder next time in compensation.

Old
03-28-2013, 08:24 AM
The Doors

Quote:

I'm not a huge Desharnais fan and think he has shortcomings and isn't an ideal centre at all for the Habs, but I appreciate his game, love the backstory and local connection... and I'm sorry but he's easily a good enough player to play top nine on any of those teams. If he didn't it's because the teams adopt a third line checking line where he doesn't fit that role, but to say he's not a player on those rosters is pretty ridiculous.

Old
03-28-2013, 08:26 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:

Roy after 194 games

Ennis after 172 games

Gionta after 166 games

Hudler after 173 games

Talk about skewed logic.

Old
03-28-2013, 08:28 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:

But he is not.

That guy is Desharnais!!

But what poeple should realize is that right now, he is producing as a 3rd liner with all the advantage of a 1st liner. So if you give him the ice-time/winger/PPtime of 3rd liner......his production would be even worst

P.S. Can somebody tell him that his junior move he keep doing in the Shootoout might word well in the Swiss LEague....but we're in the NHL
Bravo!

Old
03-28-2013, 09:09 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
He's not brutal defensively but far from shutdown and below average. You could do this if he has defensively responsible wingers.

Changes CAN be made. It's for the team so changes can be good. I have no issues with even removing DD on PP. Let him earn back his ice time. I have no doubts he'll work harder next time in compensation.
Some changes, but not many.

We still want Galchenyuk very sheltered.

We're still missing a lot of injured players.

We're still going to have to drain Plekanec and Eller's stamina in shutdown duty.

However:

We can reduce some of DD's power play time, and Halpern can play better shutdown than White could, so we can add defensive minutes to Halpern, remove some from Eller/Plekanec, and give them some of DD's offensive minutes.

Those changes are modest but they could mean a solid 2 points in the standings by the end of the season.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:19 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Some changes, but not many.

We still want Galchenyuk very sheltered.

We're still missing a lot of injured players.

We're still going to have to drain Plekanec and Eller's stamina in shutdown duty.

However:

We can reduce some of DD's power play time, and Halpern can play better shutdown than White could, so we can add defensive minutes to Halpern, remove some from Eller/Plekanec, and give them some of DD's offensive minutes.

Those changes are modest but they could mean a solid 2 points in the standings by the end of the season.
DD barely even touches the puck on the PP these days. The PP is so one dimensional now.

No one, aside from Plekanec & Ryder, is really producing as far as forwards go.

DD gets a lot of hate, but Gionta has even less PP production than him. Gallagher hasn't been producing either.

IMO, we should go with, for the PP,;

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Ryder
Galchenyuk - Desharnais - Eller

Quote:

But he is not.

That guy is Desharnais!!

I'm not going to defend Desharnais because he hasn't been playing well, but a few questions.

Why no threads/posts about Gionta by you? He produces even less than DD on the PP. Gallagher doesn't produce on the PP either.

He is better than Gionta. Gionta plays, with right now, the best two players on the team and he's still not producing more than DD, who is struggling along with Pacioretty.

Calling DD the worst defensive player on our team ... is close to true. But I don't think anyone is worse than Pacioretty these days.

DD / Patches need to be split up.. and we need our depth back.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:24 AM
Ghetto Sangria
Groupthink

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Chainz View Post

I think that line would get eaten a live 5 on 5... DD and Gally arn't the best defensively, and Prust can only do so much on the wing.

I think the lines should stay the same 5 on 5, but Eller should replace most of DD's PP minutes, because he's clearly ineffective on it this season.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:26 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
I think that line would get eaten a live 5 on 5... DD and Gally arn't the best defensively, and Prust can only do so much on the wing.

I think the lines should stay the same 5 on 5, but Eller should replace most of DD's PP minutes, because he's clearly ineffective on it this season.
Like I said before, DD is more effective than Gionta or Gallagher on the PP. DD hasn't produced on the PP, but not many have. Our PP is pretty one dimensional now.

I'm all for adding Eller though. I think he'd be able to keep the puck in a lot better than most of our team.

Closed Thread