Notices

Coyotes @ Wild "The Emergency Backup GDT" | 8.00 PM CST | FSN

Old
03-28-2013, 01:37 AM
Dr Jan Itor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor View Post
1st line hasn't done **** all game. Bums! All of them!
So, it took a little while but...

Dr Jan Itor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 05:22 AM
The Apt

This team just keeps... winning!

That Suter goal... from Parise's amazing work ethic, to Koivu's amazing pass, then the Suter goal... remarkable stuff. Of course, Koivu's beautiful game winning goal... Koivu has two back to back games where he has played like perfection. He has been SO GOOD. Suter and Parise, worth every penny.

I am so happy with our team right now. We are getting close to where we can say we are FOR SURE making the playoffs too which is a victory in itself... to think we are quite possibly winning the division as well!

The Apt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 06:33 AM
BusQuets

Just watched the game and wow. What a game and I'm happy for Koivu must be funny to play with Parise and co.

BusQuets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 06:45 AM
grN1g

great comeback win, but this streak has me worried tho. i feel we might be peaking too early, cause we had our struggles and now are clound 9 but you can only continue this success for so long until you hit those stuggles again.

LA peaked at the perfect time last year, and rode that success to the cup win, i wish these past 10 games have been playoff games =/

grN1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:20 AM
Oan

So, who has been the best player of the team so far this season? Parise, Suter, Koivu, Backström?

Oan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:32 AM
Kaptain
WarBortles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oan View Post
So, who has been the best player of the team so far this season? Parise, Suter, Koivu, Backström?
Koivu.

Kaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:32 AM
pbunder

I missed this game, but watched a bunch of the highlight videos. The one that really stands out to me is the Falk hit+fight. This guy has been on his game for the last 10 in my opinion. Destroys Moss with a hit, then fights him in a second after being challenge and puts him on the ground. I like this angrier Falk.

EDIT: Also, "Jump for Koi" on NHL.com. Really??

pbunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:35 AM
Sharppi
5 more years of Dub.

vCash: 1139
Quote:
Tough call... Koivu/Suter

Sharppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:41 AM
PRo0902

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard6411 View Post
Remind me again, is he only good because of Suter or is Suter only good because of Brodin?
They're both only good because of Shea Weber.

PRo0902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:50 AM
DANOZ28

we didnt play our best hockey but i'll take the win. giving up a 2 goal lead, backs looked overworked & tired. parise, suter & koivu looked great. not sure how long this rodeo will last but im luvn it!

DANOZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:51 AM
The Apt

Quote:
Koivu/Suter. I can't decide. Both has to be the answer but all four have been incredible. All four have contributed in huge ways.

The Apt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 08:39 AM
rynryn
Reluctant Optimist

vCash: 50
ah yes, the what have you done for me lately poll.

ALL season, Backstrom. during the win streak? Suter.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 09:10 AM
DANOZ28

i cant believe what a difference a quality breakout pass makes. suter & brodin have been studs. the futures so bright i gotta wear shades!

DANOZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 09:12 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Wild hung in there in the first, kind of got shelled in the second and third, but what an exciting finish. Big dogs came out to play.

Backstrom needs a rest. At least two of those goals he should have had. Not saying his defense wasn't atrocious for large stretches, but the last couple games he hasn't been as sharp.

Didn't like Bouchard's game last night. Seemed ineffective. Heatley actually created some chances but nobody could do anything with them. Second line had some nice speed but was neutralized, as will happen with Phoenix. Top line looked great, even Coyle (although he still isn't up to par with his linemates of course). Their aggressive forecheck and really good hands created turnovers and kept Phoenix from setting up their offense until the third period.

I'll be honest I kind of tuned out while they were getting killed, was playing guitar and watching out of the corner of my eye so I don't know what the hell happened.

But that tying goal, what a great play. Mikko with the drop pass, Spurgeon moves it to Suter, right in the corner as I think Coyle was screening the goalie. Awesome. And Suter's look-off to just make the two Phoenix defenders either before that or in OT was brilliant.

And the OT goal...they had it seemed like a dozen shots in OT, Mikko gets the puck AND SHOOTS IT. FINALLY. So awesome.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 09:21 AM
BusQuets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Wild hung in there in the first, kind of got shelled in the second and third, but what an exciting finish. Big dogs came out to play.

Backstrom needs a rest. At least two of those goals he should have had. Not saying his defense wasn't atrocious for large stretches, but the last couple games he hasn't been as sharp.

Didn't like Bouchard's game last night. Seemed ineffective. Heatley actually created some chances but nobody could do anything with them. Second line had some nice speed but was neutralized, as will happen with Phoenix. Top line looked great, even Coyle (although he still isn't up to par with his linemates of course). Their aggressive forecheck and really good hands created turnovers and kept Phoenix from setting up their offense until the third period.

I'll be honest I kind of tuned out while they were getting killed, was playing guitar and watching out of the corner of my eye so I don't know what the hell happened.

But that tying goal, what a great play. Mikko with the drop pass, Spurgeon moves it to Suter, right in the corner as I think Coyle was screening the goalie. Awesome. And Suter's look-off to just make the two Phoenix defenders either before that or in OT was brilliant.

And the OT goal...they had it seemed like a dozen shots in OT, Mikko gets the puck AND SHOOTS IT. FINALLY. So awesome.
Nope, it was Parise.

BusQuets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 09:21 AM
Bookman

vCash: 600
Quote:
You could make legit arguments for all of them.

I'd pick Parise because has provided the all-important example of what happens when you shoot and crash the net. Has the guy scored from more than a few feet away from the goal? He's been doing it all year, and now the rest of the team is doing it as well, and the goals are coming by the bucketfull now.

Bookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 09:28 AM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

vCash: 133
Quote:
It's a cop-out answer, but I'm going to say ALL OF THEM. If any one of those are out of the line-up , we are screwed. Each one brings something different, but all are equally important to the success the Wild have been having.

MuckOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 09:29 AM
Bookman

vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
That's hilarious - Torres fixated by puck, Brodin, making a play.

Was that that moment where Brodin had two guys on him in the corner and made the little backhand feed up to the winger?

Impressive kid.

Bookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 09:37 AM
Uberdachen
Posts Last 5 Minutes

Backoivuterise.

That game was pretty brutal aside from the finish. But it's a nice flip from earlier in the season where a couple of deserved wins went the other way.

Was Clutterbuck playing hurt? I noticed he was out there at one point. That was all I noticed from him.

Does everybody else pretty much just watch Brodin when he's out there? There'll be stuff going on, but I just like to see all the little things he's doing and it's always worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharppi View Post
Oh yeah btw, Wild-killer Iginla is out of the conference.
Clearly, the Penguins are afraid of facing the Wild in the championship.

Uberdachen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 09:39 AM
tyratoku

Pretty much missed the entire game.

I was watching Modern Family, then saw most of the second period, then my eyes were hurting so bad I had to go to bed. They're still red as ****, but feel better now. I'm watching the replay on FSN right now.

tyratoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 09:50 AM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Just horrendous games from Bouchard and Gilbert. Thought both looked over-matched whenever either was expected to make something happen.

Yeo and his decisions still drive me batty. With under two minutes left in the second, he throws his 4th line out on the ice. With the long change, that's a mistake high school coaches do not walk into. Of course, Tippett gets his top line out there and now they're hemmed in for a significant stretch which then turns into the remainder of the period and Phoenix comes out flying to enter the 3rd. They then score.

Very nice to get a win against a team notorious for not allowing teams back into games. The Wild didn't have a very strong game, especially after the mid-second, but they still found a way. Traits of a team moving in the right direction. Hopefully they can pull another win out of Dallas on Friday.

Will be interesting to see which rookie goaltender gets the nod Friday. I'd have Bouchard on a very short leash as well. Can't afford to have that 2nd line go MIA.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 09:54 AM
rynryn
Reluctant Optimist

vCash: 50
yeah I sort of overlooked that...IF Phoenix goes up on you it's doubly hard to get it back. I imagine we're going to have to foster that come from behind attitude if we want to make it past the first round in the playoffs (should we make it in).

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 09:54 AM
tyratoku

So is Backstrom hurt, or what? I've seen a couple mentions of someone else starting on Saturday, but no real reason why?

tyratoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 09:57 AM
elnewby
We got em'!

vCash: 287
I want to see what Clark can do. The defense has been shaky the last two games. Give the guy a chance, heck, I'd even put in Prosser. As much hate as he gets, he's only been on the ice for 2 goals this year(I think)

elnewby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 09:58 AM
Casper
30 goal grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
Just horrendous games from Bouchard and Gilbert. Thought both looked over-matched whenever either was expected to make something happen.

Yeo and his decisions still drive me batty. With under two minutes left in the second, he throws his 4th line out on the ice. With the long change, that's a mistake high school coaches do not walk into. Of course, Tippett gets his top line out there and now they're hemmed in for a significant stretch which then turns into the remainder of the period and Phoenix comes out flying to enter the 3rd. They then score.

Very nice to get a win against a team notorious for not allowing teams back into games. The Wild didn't have a very strong game, especially after the mid-second, but they still found a way. Traits of a team moving in the right direction. Hopefully they can pull another win out of Dallas on Friday.

Will be interesting to see which rookie goaltender gets the nod Friday. I'd have Bouchard on a very short leash as well. Can't afford to have that 2nd line go MIA.
I beleive he put them out with less than 5 minutes to go in the third as well. I like Yeo but his dedication to rolling 4 lines baffles me.

Fugly, frustrating game to watch until Koivu went beast mode in the last minute of the third.

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote