Northern Europe Norway, Denmark, Iceland

Danes in the NHL and their exploits.

Closed Thread

Old
03-26-2013, 06:14 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

vCash: 500
Yeah, Jannik has been a star so far.. Really showing top6 potential.

Philip Scored last night but his team were blown out 7-4 by Minnesota.. Still Larsen managed to be -1. I don't know to much about Dallas, but they don't seem to impressed with him this year. Well to be fair, they don't seem impressed with any of the defence.. THey have let in 4 or more goals in at least 10 games :O

Eller - Still happy with Eller, but he needs to use his linemates more.

Boedker - im back at being displeased.. What is it now? 5-6 games without a single point?
I just can't put my finger on what the hell it is with him.

Regin - He is most definitely done in the NHL.

Frans Nielsen - Finally amping up his stats

Old
03-26-2013, 07:23 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
Yeah, Jannik has been a star so far.. Really showing top6 potential.

Philip Scored last night but his team were blown out 7-4 by Minnesota.. Still Larsen managed to be -1. I don't know to much about Dallas, but they don't seem to impressed with him this year. Well to be fair, they don't seem impressed with any of the defence.. THey have let in 4 or more goals in at least 10 games :O

Eller - Still happy with Eller, but he needs to use his linemates more.

Boedker - im back at being displeased.. What is it now? 5-6 games without a single point?
I just can't put my finger on what the hell it is with him.

Regin - He is most definitely done in the NHL.

Frans Nielsen - Finally amping up his stats
Well Larsen scored which might save him a spot in Dallas defense at least for a little while.
Regin actually played more minutes that he has done in a very long time - around 15 where usually he is around 9-11 min. No points and no minus statistics either.
Bødker is certainly a bit weird. You think he finally found some stability in production and then this slump.

But so far I agree that Jannik Hansen is the danish NHL player of this season. He has been good allround (plays hard and physical, defensively solid, offensively going forward constantly - both with goals and good passes).

Old
03-26-2013, 06:46 PM
Bank

Wow hey ho.... Blown out? One goal game with about 1:30 to go

Philip Larsens goal was nice - and good for him to get some confidence, but I don't think the lack of offense is the reasons he's not gotten the favor of the coaches. It his defensive play. The times I've seen him it's been bad. That need to change. But lets see the duel between him and Jordie Benn play out. Like his odds.

About Regin... it would seem Daugavins has been waived. The best(for Regin) would be him getting claimed. That would remove him completely from the Ottawa system. Yay. But alone the fact that Ottawa is waiving a depth forward that isn't Regin is good.

Old
03-27-2013, 05:00 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bank View Post
Wow hey ho.... Blown out? One goal game with about 1:30 to go

Philip Larsens goal was nice - and good for him to get some confidence, but I don't think the lack of offense is the reasons he's not gotten the favor of the coaches. It his defensive play. The times I've seen him it's been bad. That need to change. But lets see the duel between him and Jordie Benn play out. Like his odds.

About Regin... it would seem Daugavins has been waived. The best(for Regin) would be him getting claimed. That would remove him completely from the Ottawa system. Yay. But alone the fact that Ottawa is waiving a depth forward that isn't Regin is good.
So if Daugavins isn't claimed you think they might try waive Regin to see if anyone would claim him??

Otherwise it sure looks like they want to keep Regin to the end of his contract (that ends this season). He have positioned himself on the fourth line right now with all their injuries. But with a healthy roster he would likely be benched.
So if Regin keep this season out being stable, dependable and healthy he might get a minimum salary 1 year contract (550k, right?) with a team next year to build from. But I very much doubt he will get any contract extension with Ottawa?!

Last night games saw another Frans Nielsen assist and being +1 in the NYI 3-2 win over Washington. Frans Nielsen looked really good for what I could see from the highlights. But he missed a good scoring chance. Even with no goals he has 5 assist the last 7 games now!

Montreal lost 0-1 to Pittsburgh and Vancouver won (1-0) in a shootout over Columbus. Jannik Hansen was 2'nd star. The other stars going to the two goalies - Bobrovsky and Schneider.

Old
03-27-2013, 07:01 AM
Bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
So if Daugavins isn't claimed you think they might try waive Regin to see if anyone would claim him??

Otherwise it sure looks like they want to keep Regin to the end of his contract (that ends this season). He have positioned himself on the fourth line right now with all their injuries. But with a healthy roster he would likely be benched.
So if Regin keep this season out being stable, dependable and healthy he might get a minimum salary 1 year contract (550k, right?) with a team next year to build from. But I very much doubt he will get any contract extension with Ottawa?!

Last night games saw another Frans Nielsen assist and being +1 in the NYI 3-2 win over Washington. Frans Nielsen looked really good for what I could see from the highlights. But he missed a good scoring chance. Even with no goals he has 5 assist the last 7 games now!

Montreal lost 0-1 to Pittsburgh and Vancouver won (1-0) in a shootout over Columbus. Jannik Hansen was 2'nd star. The other stars going to the two goalies - Bobrovsky and Schneider.
Wasn't thinking that far ahead for Regin. Just that there was a chance that one of the guys he's competing with is leaving Ottawa for good. One less to deal with. And the fact that it was Daugavins and not Regin gotta mean that Regin is at least useful at the moment. If he's useful now he could be useful next year.

Old
03-27-2013, 11:06 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bank View Post
Wasn't thinking that far ahead for Regin. Just that there was a chance that one of the guys he's competing with is leaving Ottawa for good. One less to deal with. And the fact that it was Daugavins and not Regin gotta mean that Regin is at least useful at the moment. If he's useful now he could be useful next year.
I think he is useful now because of all of Ottawa's injuries.
I hope he can make it but he is finding himself sitting on the last chair (and Daugavins found himself seatless). The problem is that Regin is really not a NHL-type fourth line player so I doubt he will be staying in Ottawa. Hope he can find a 3C spot somewhere....

Hopefully Regin can find a bit of his old pre-injured-shoulder-form again before this season runs out. It would make his chances for next season so much better.

Old
03-27-2013, 08:26 PM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Well looks like Daugavins was claimed by Boston

I hate Boston, but exiting for Daugavins...

Time will tell if this is good for Regin.

Old
03-28-2013, 06:23 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Watched both games last night.

Eller was OK and got an assist and a +1 rating in an Insane Habs comeback game.
People want more from him as he has had 2 or 3 games now that has "only" been solid.

They apparently want him to be great. He does hold on to the puck to much, I will give them that.

Boedker and the Yotes lost 3-4 to the Wild. Another pointless night for Boeds.. Man I dunno what it is with him. I think we are at 7 games without points now.

He was + 1 though.

Well to sweaten the sourpot, here is a beaut of a SO Jensen scored last night to seal the deal for Chicago.

Old
03-28-2013, 06:24 AM
Justinov

Not a very spectacular danish night.
Lars Eller with 1 assist in the 6-5 shootout win over Bosten. Lars Eller missed his shootout attempt.
Mikkel Bødker again without any points in the 4-3 OT loss to Minnesota.
Both danes were +1.

Edit: Vikingnuck was one minute faster and have time to include that spectacular Nicklas Jensen shootout goal. Hope he can start to score more in regular time....
He has 2G 1A in 9 games, and got an assist last night beside the shootout win.

Old
03-28-2013, 06:36 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Not a very spectacular danish night.
Lars Eller with 1 assist in the 6-5 shootout win over Bosten. Lars Eller missed his shootout attempt.
Mikkel Bødker again without any points in the 4-3 OT loss to Minnesota.
Both danes were +1.

Edit: Vikingnuck was one minute faster and have time to include that spectacular Nicklas Jensen shootout goal. Hope he can start to score more in regular time....
He has 2G 1A in 9 games, and got an assist last night beside the shootout win.
Haha looks like we are insync time wise

Yeah, Jensen has not been playing as we wished.. But allot comes down to Arniel being a bad coach, and Chicago not being owned by the Canucks.

Arniel had Jensen as the 6th shooter. and puts him in bad situations and on the 3rd line most of the time.

Old
03-28-2013, 06:40 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Haha looks like we are insync time wise

Yeah, Jensen has not been playing as we wished.. But allot comes down to Arniel being a bad coach, and Chicago not being owned by the Canucks.

Arniel had Jensen as the 6th shooter. and puts him in bad situations and on the 3rd line most of the time.
It is obvious to most people that Nicklas Jensen is a sniper type. But in AIK they played him on the 4'th line over half the season and now on the 3'rd line in Chicago. Is it a plan to force some defensive skills into him or just no plan at all?

Old
03-28-2013, 06:47 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
It is obvious to most people that Nicklas Jensen is a sniper type. But in AIK they played him on the 4'th line over half the season and now on the 3'rd line in Chicago. Is it a plan to force some defensive skills into him or just no plan at all?
In AIK I think it was because of the team not liking his attitude... You know Swedes and their disciplin

In Chicago, his D has been good, not super but good.. I know the plan is to make him a 2 way force but still..

It comes down to hierarchy in Chicago, a player like Haydar who used to be an AHL star for example will get allot of time over a guy like Jensen..

Chicago are not owned by the Canucks and allot of the players only have contractual obligations to Chicago, and they will ofcourse be chosen over a guy that is Canucks property and prolly won't do Chicago any good in the long run.. There has been allot of talk of not having our own AHL team is very bad for our prospects. A guy like Schroeder was and is also misused in Chicago.

Old
03-28-2013, 06:54 AM
Justinov

Quote:
In AIK I think it was because of the team not liking his attitude... You know Swedes and their disciplin

In Chicago, his D has been good, not super but good.. I know the plan is to make him a 2 way force but still..

It comes down to hierarchy in Chicago, a player like Haydar who used to be an AHL star for example will get allot of time over a guy like Jensen..

Chicago are not owned by the Canucks and allot of the players only have contractual obligations to Chicago, and they will ofcourse be chosen over a guy that is Canucks property and prolly won't do Chicago any good in the long run.. There has been allot of talk of not having our own AHL team is very bad for our prospects. A guy like Schroeder was and is also misused in Chicago.
That's sounds totally reasonable from a Chicago Wolves point of view. But it is perplexing that a team like Vancouver is without an AHL team to build up a strategy for their prospects. That can explain why Vancouver fans always are complaining about lack of prospect developing.
So you think Vancouver will keep him in Chicago to the playoffs and then bring him on the team? before that? or not at all?
Good to hear though that Nicklas Jensen's defensive at least is ok now.

Old
03-28-2013, 06:57 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Well looks like Daugavins was claimed by Boston

I hate Boston, but exiting for Daugavins...

Time will tell if this is good for Regin.
Latvian-Danish rivalry between fans too it seems,looks like we cant be friends me beeing a Bruin fan and you beeing a Nuck

Old
03-28-2013, 07:00 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
That's sounds totally reasonable from a Chicago Wolves point of view. But it is perplexing that a team like Vancouver is without an AHL team to build up a strategy for their prospects. That can explain why Vancouver fans always are complaining about lack of prospect developing.
So you think Vancouver will keep him in Chicago to the playoffs and then bring him on the team? before that? or not at all?
Good to hear though that Nicklas Jensen's defensive at least is ok now.
Well yeah people are really blaming our AHL situation for our dire prospect pool.

The dominant opinions is that, at least Manitoba was a Canadian team. But yes people REALLY want us to have our own AHL team for propper prospect development. It is the best thing. no doubt.

I think he will stay in Shytown for now, AV or MG are not the kind to rush prospects. Maybe if we hit a major injury spree again before the PO. But otherwise NO.. I think they want him to play out the season in the AHL. Arniel the coach in Chicago has stated that there is no denying Jensens talent and ceiling, but that he is not 100% NHL ready.

Old
03-28-2013, 07:00 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
Latvian-Danish rivalry between fans too it seems,looks like we cant be friends me beeing a Bruin fan and you beeing a Nuck
It looks like I would have to settle as "the neutral in between guy" having no special team affiliation.
Though I'm all NT (but with Latvia in the other group for WC, there is no clash this year )

Old
03-28-2013, 07:02 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Haha no no, that's ok, I can deal with a Bruins friend.. had you been a Hawks supporter, then the situation might have been as you described

Old
03-28-2013, 07:03 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
It looks like I would have to settle as "the neutral in between guy" having no special team affiliation.
Though I'm all NT (but with Latvia in the other group for WC, there is no clash this year :laugh
Yeah ,but you will get to play against norway,so you know "Enemy of my enemy is my friend"

Old
03-28-2013, 07:04 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Well yeah people are really blaming our AHL situation for our dire prospect pool.

The dominant opinions is that, at least Manitoba was a Canadian team. But yes people REALLY want us to have our own AHL team for propper prospect development. It is the best thing. no doubt.

I think he will stay in Shytown for now, AV or MG are not the kind to rush prospects. Maybe if we hit a major injury spree again before the PO. But otherwise NO.. I think they want him to play out the season in the AHL. Arniel the coach in Chicago has stated that there is no denying Jensens talent and ceiling, but that he is not 100% NHL ready.
For Denmark I hope it doesn't break his scoring skills. We have a desperate lack of danish snipers. Having seen both Kirill Starkov & Morten Madsen being "broken" in AHL and losing their sniping skills. Morten Madsen could evolve to a two-way forward but Starkov simply lost his talent. I really hope it doesn't happen to Nicklas Jensen that is (so far in his development) a classical top6 or bust forward.

Old
03-28-2013, 07:05 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Haha no no, that's ok, I can deal with a Bruins friend.. had you been a Hawks supporter, then the situation might have been as you described
It`s funny that you would mention it i used to follow Hawks a while back but as my NHL team i have settled the Boston Bruins and it will remain so

Old
03-28-2013, 07:11 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
For Denmark I hope it doesn't break his scoring skills. We have a desperate lack of danish snipers. Having seen both Kirill Starkov & Morten Madsen being "broken" in AHL and losing their sniping skills. Morten Madsen could evolve to a two-way forward but Starkov simply lost his talent. I really hope it doesn't happen to Nicklas Jensen that is (so far in his development) a classical top6 or bust forward.
Yeah Madsen and Starkov are to major dissapointments from an early expectational p.o.w. Especially Starkov.

I don't think it is as dire with jensen.. He has obvious undeniable talent and the Canucks know that.. They won't let Chicago ruin him, and they know that he is not being used optimally in Chicago.

Old
03-28-2013, 07:12 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
It`s funny that you would mention it i used to follow Hawks a while back but as my NHL team i have settled the Boston Bruins and it will remain so
Well thank god for that.. I just cannot grasp the horror that is Chicago and all that comes with it

Old
03-28-2013, 07:18 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Well thank god for that.. I just cannot grasp the horror that is Chicago and all that comes with it
Also it seems that for us Bruins fans its inevitable to to hate Pittsburgh now after that Iginla trade

Old
03-28-2013, 07:19 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Yeah Madsen and Starkov are to major dissapointments from an early expectational p.o.w. Especially Starkov.

I don't think it is as dire with jensen.. He has obvious undeniable talent and the Canucks know that.. They won't let Chicago ruin him, and they know that he is not being used optimally in Chicago.
Yeah when you see Starkov in WHL 2006-07 for Red Dear Rebels:
72 Games: 34G 31A (71P). That is the same level as Nicklas Jensen and Oliver Bjørkstrand! And with more goals than assist that is better than both of them!
We have already talked about Morten Madsen with 32G and 68P (100P!) in only 62 games in QMJHL also in 2006-07. Best of all danes ever.

They were two of the most likely to succeed of all danish prospects and a warning that nothing is certain if being mishandled - by Columbus and Minnesota organisations respectively.

So hopefully Vancouver doesn't throw Nicklas Jensen to the "wolves" but save him in time!!

Old
03-28-2013, 07:22 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Yeah when you see Starkov in WHL 2006-07 for Red Dear Rebels:
72 Games: 34G 31A (71P). That is the same level as Nicklas Jensen and Oliver Bjørkstrand! And with more goals than assist that is better than both of them!
We have already talked about Morten Madsen with 32G and 68P (100P!) in only 62 games in QMJHL also in 2006-07. Best of all danes ever.

They were two of the most likely to succeed of all danish prospects and a warning that nothing is certain if being mishandled - by Columbus and Minnesota organisations respectively.

So hopefully Vancouver doesn't throw Nicklas Jensen to the "wolves" but save him in time!!
Yeah prospects are mostly unpredictable some who seem to be destined NHLers bust and some who are drafted in 9th round like your Jannik Hansen flourish under the right circunstances .

Closed Thread