Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Iginla to Pittsburgh!!

Old
03-28-2013, 06:17 AM
Gary83*

vCash: 500
Also curious to know if this means Iggy will be returning next year?

Will be good to have a reason to watch the playoffs this year, go get'em Iggy!

Flames did a great service to Iginla here. Shame on everyone lumping on Feaster.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 06:37 AM
100 Third Graders
BBQ Anyone?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
Also curious to know if this means Iggy will be returning next year?

Will be good to have a reason to watch the playoffs this year, go get'em Iggy!

Flames did a great service to Iginla here. Shame on everyone lumping on Feaster.
I got the impression from the presser that one of the reasons they never talked extension with Iginla was because they had decided that they were not going to offer him a contract for next year due to the direction the club was heading (downward) and the upcoming drop in the cap.

So in short I do not foresee the Flames trying to bring Iginla back.

100 Third Graders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 06:52 AM
Kranix

vCash: 471
I love the trade.

Kranix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:02 AM
Flames92

I preferred Iggy to the Pens but CMON thats all we get? Stars got a top prospect for Morrow and we couldn't get one for Iggy? It does suck that Iggy controls the whole process, we have no leverage whatsoever, anyways the thought of Iggy playing with Crosby again should hopefully cheer me up

Flames92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:11 AM
Feel The Heat
Flames in 6

vCash: 492
Feeling great this morning. Iginla goes to the team he wants and The Flames can finally move forward .Breath of fresh air!!

To the posters screaming at Feaster. JAROME Chose the team Not Feaster. Iginla's was in total control of his destination.

Remember Joe who from Cornel? Look how that turned out.

Feel The Heat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:14 AM
kshinkman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Koko >= 1st, Agostino = 2nd, Hanowski> Bart.

Again the problem was it wasn't so much better that Feaster made Iggy only have the Bruins option he saw them fairly close and let Iggy pick.
This is pure fantasy. Hanowski is marginal to ever play in the NHL. At least Bartkowski is an NHL player. D'Agostino and Hanowski rank at best 10-15 among Penguin prospects, which overall ranked about middle of the pack.

Bottom line, the Flames got the number 28-30 pick in the draft and two marginal fillers who are long shots even to see the NHL.

kshinkman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:17 AM
oilers4life5

Can anyone confirm Guy from the pipeline show said Howiski is a UFA at the end of this year?

oilers4life5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:19 AM
JB51Hockey
51Hockey

Gosh dang it. Why is Feaster in love with college players? Our AHL team is gonna be stacked with draft picks who will never play in the NHL in a few years!!!!! #HeatCalderCup

I am so furious. I would've rather seen him in Pittsburgh but Boston was offering so much more. We didn't send Pitt anything else, did we?

JB51Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:23 AM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers4life5 View Post
Can anyone confirm Guy from the pipeline show said Howiski is a UFA at the end of this year?
He's just finished his senior year so if he wasn't happy with the trade I think he could wait it out and sign elsewhere if he wanted.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:35 AM
Nordberg

Wouldn't have been upset with this deal if it wasn't for the fact that Brendan f-ing Morrow got more return than Iginla.

At the very least I'm not really surprised about this but when I woke up and saw Iggy to PIT I was expecting a good D prospect our way...

So apparently Feaster said we'd be busy going towards the trade deadline? Very interesting.

Nordberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:37 AM
Lim Ran

Pens guy (from Canada - grew up on the Penguins with Mario, who wouldn't be a fan?) here, come to say a few things if nobody minds:

I personally think you got as good a return or better than you would have gotten from Boston here. The fact of the matter is that you got that first rounder in a deep draft that you weren't likely getting before (that everyone is up in arms about ... including myself), and added to that, two college prospects that your college-savvy organization likes a lot. Instead of what? KoKo? He's projected as a good second liner or an average first liner. It's not a crushing loss.

Me? I'd roll the dice on a deep draft and the college guys. Hanowski has a high ceiling offensively. He was drafted because he was the highest scoring player in Minnesota high school history (73 goals, 62 assists in 31 games in his last year).

Second, to those calling for Feaster's head. Remember, Jarome was in control of which deal got taken here. That he got to make his choice shows class on the part of your organization, and on the part of Jay Feaster. Don't railroad him for allowing Jarome his choice to essentially go to Winger Heaven. Jarome deserved that choice.

Third. I'm now a big Flames fan. Iginla has always been one of my favourite players, but seeing the abuse you guys are taking on the main forums (from people including Oilers fans no less) about your rebuild and such... well, it just makes me hope the Oilers are still wallowing in ineptitude when Calgary emerges from its rebuild with guns blazing.

Let's Go Flames.

Let's Go Penguins.

Last edited by Lim Ran: 03-28-2013 at 07:43 AM.
Lim Ran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:40 AM
TravisUlrich
Eternal Optimist

Hey guys, Pens fan;

Super happy to find out this morning!!!

Some Flames fans wondered over saying they were going to jump on the "Do it for Iggy" bandwagon so I posted this on there:

TravisUlrich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:41 AM
100 Third Graders
BBQ Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers4life5 View Post
it would be mid August I believe as he is done school.

Old
03-28-2013, 07:41 AM
Lim Ran

That rocks.

Lim Ran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:43 AM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeder9 View Post
I think you'll be happy with Hanowski once you see him playing for you, and he will. Doubtful Agostini becomes anything more than an AHL regular though. Plus you have the pick. It probably seems worse than the bruins offer now, but it isn't. Koko was boom or bust and Bart wasn't adding anything you couldn't find off the scrap heap. Hanowski will at least have a shot at a bottom 6 role if top 6 doesn't work. Koko is top 6 or KHL
I think it's highly unlikely Hanowski can make it in a bottom 6 role, He's got size but not particularly physical and while he's improved his skating it's still his biggest question mark. Hanowski's upside is a Matt Moulson type and his downside is career top 6 AHL forward. Agostino I could see working out in a 3rd line role, he hustles and battles along the board.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:45 AM
Noori

vCash: 763
If Pens are knocked out in the first, that pick is a 22nd overall. I think there'll still be some great talent at that spot.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:50 AM
100 Third Graders
BBQ Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noori View Post
If Pens are knocked out in the first, that pick is a 22nd overall. I think there'll still be some great talent at that spot.
It's unlikely the pick will be better than 25th overall with a 1st round exit. All 1st & 2nd round exits gets a better 1st round pick than any division winner. Since the Pens are likely at worst going to be 2nd overall in the regular season the worst their pick would be is 25th if they are eliminated in either round 1 or 2.

Old
03-28-2013, 08:06 AM
KrejciMVP

Iggy went from Boston's most loved player to most hated player in a matter of hours. What a turn of events lol

KrejciMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 08:08 AM
SB47MVP

The Flames might not got a good package for Iginla, but know this...we basically got Baertschi in the deal too because he will be playing full time now.

SB47MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 08:10 AM
SB47MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
It's unlikely the pick will be better than 25th overall with a 1st round exit. All 1st & 2nd round exits gets a better 1st round pick than any division winner. Since the Pens are likely at worst going to be 2nd overall in the regular season the worst their pick would be is 25th if they are eliminated in either round 1 or 2.
Can also trade that pick to move down and get a 2nd and 3rd rd pick.

SB47MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 08:16 AM
Gabriel6676

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames92 View Post
I preferred Iggy to the Pens but CMON thats all we get? Stars got a top prospect for Morrow and we couldn't get one for Iggy? It does suck that Iggy controls the whole process, we have no leverage whatsoever, anyways the thought of Iggy playing with Crosby again should hopefully cheer me up
How can you be surprised? Your management waited 5 years too long to start a rebuild and the entire time hockey analysts and fans have been commenting in amazement that this has been allowed to continue. And all the no trade clauses....geesh. I feel for you guys but seriously you should have seen this coming.

Gabriel6676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 08:20 AM
FlamingTelepath

vCash: 78
I'm just glad it's over with and the Flames can move on. I have no idea if those NCAA guys are any good but I can only hope Weisbrod and his scout army do. Draft position be damned, I hope Iggy lifts the cup in June.

FlamingTelepath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 08:20 AM
saillias

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrejciMVP View Post
Iggy went from Boston's most loved player to most hated player in a matter of hours. What a turn of events lol
Blame it on your GM, the conditional 1st thing was insulting. Feaster's story about Iginla telling him he wants to play in Pittsburgh sounds silly to me

saillias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 08:23 AM
Nordberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingTelepath View Post
Draft position be damned, I hope Iggy lifts the cup in June.
Well, if he does win it seems a lot more likely he'd sign here again in the off season, given that management is interested, so there should be no qualms about rooting for the Pens this year.

Nordberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 08:24 AM
dtam83

Quote:
Originally Posted by saillias View Post
Blame it on your GM, the conditional 1st thing was insulting. Feaster's story about Iginla telling him he wants to play in Pittsburgh sounds silly to me
According to Bob Mackenzie, Flames preferred Boston's offer so it's silly to say it was our GM's fault

dtam83 is offline   Reply With Quote