HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Subban's play since coming back Part 2

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-28-2013, 03:54 AM
  #401
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15,170
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
We need another Subban (Jordan Subban)...and then I can rest in peace!
How's Jordan play from your point of view ?

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 05:53 AM
  #402
Mr. Hab
Registered User
 
Mr. Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
Apparently PK had a Bobby Orr-esque moment tonight? Anyone have a clip of it?
Sorry...no clip.

It was better than Orr...Subban was stickhandling the puck between his legs at full speed! I didn't see any moves like that (Subban in full speed) in the 70s.

But, yes it was Orr-esque since he was going all the way...came very close to being a goal. Goal or no goal...PK Subban is simply put...amazing. He was amazing 2-3 seasons ago for me...not just realizing it now.

Still some doubters out there saying he's playing for money...
Haters
Imo, PK Subban has that winner's personality only a few can have in the NHL (ex: Crosby).
PK wants to be the best...I just don't see him slacking off (same with Crosby).


We can't get any expensive UFAs this summer...we need to take care ($$$$$$$$$$) of our own first...PK Subban.
He was treated like **** by Bergevin and many Hab fans/doubters...time to pay up before Subban gets those 70pts+seasons...and he will/can do it.
Doubters shall be proven wrong. Doubters should go cheer for Toronto and Boston.

Love how Therrien used Subban for 30minutes against Bruins.
You know he wanted to do it before...but now it's time to get a top 4-5 dman to help Subban, Gorges, Markov, so they can get some rest before playoffs. I like Tinordi there but 6-7-8min/game...might as well get a #4-5 dman who can log 16min+ to help Subban, Gorges, Markov to get less ice-time (more rest).


Last edited by Mr. Hab: 03-28-2013 at 06:00 AM.
Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 06:00 AM
  #403
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,701
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Sorry...no clip.

It was better than Orr...Subban was stickhandling the puck between his legs at full speed! I didn't see any moves like that (Subban in full speed) in the 70s.

But, yes it was Orr-esque since he was going all the way...came very close to being a goal. Goal or no goal...PK Subban is simply put...amazing. He was amazing 2-3 seasons ago for me...not just realizing it now.

Still some doubters out there saying he's playing for money...
Haters
Imo, PK Subban has that winner's personality only a few can have in the NHL (ex: Crosby).
PK wants to be the best...I just don't see him slacking off (same with Crosby).


We can't get any expensive UFAs this summer...we need to take care ($$$$$$$$$$) of our own first...PK Subban.
He was treated like **** by Bergevin and many Hab fans/doubters...time to pay up before Subban gets those 70pts+seasons...and he will/can do it.
Doubters shall be proven wrong. Doubters should go cheer for Toronto and Boston.

Love how Therrien used Subban for 30minutes against Bruins.
You know he wanted to do it before...but now it's time to get a top 4-5 dman to help Subban, Gorges, Markov, so they can get some rest before playoffs.
L'Antichambre showed the play a few times in this clip

http://www.rds.ca/vid%C3%A9os/nos-ex...diens-1.602964

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 06:03 AM
  #404
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15,170
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Sorry...no clip.

It was better than Orr...Subban was stickhandling the puck between his legs at full speed! I didn't see any moves like that (Subban in full speed) in the 70s.
come on man, I know you really LOVE the kid... but better than Orr ? be serious for a sec here...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 06:05 AM
  #405
Alexdaman
Registered User
 
Alexdaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,227
vCash: 50
Amazingly Subban is 3pts away from being our #1 scorer, with 5 games less played than Ryder.

Alexdaman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 06:55 AM
  #406
hockeyfan2k11
Registered User
 
hockeyfan2k11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
That's the idea. Bergevin will not be "punished" for Subban's next contract.

It's like with anything. You perform, you get rewarded. Having Subban play at this level and then paying him a big contract is the ideal.

No losers in this scenario.
Well, I can think of some negatives. Playing hardball with your best player could sour the relationship a bit. It also will cost Bergy an extra 2M+ on the cap. I just don't get the "prove it" crap when he has proven to be a top player for 2+ years already. He's improved every year. He is no Tyler Myers.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 06:57 AM
  #407
snakeye
Registered User
 
snakeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,786
vCash: 500
The whole point of a bridge contract is to see what the player is capable of and then paying him accordingly. It's beneficial to both the player and the organization. Now that Subban has shown just how good he is you guys are mad because he should have been undercut with a long term contract paying him much less than what he's worth.


snakeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:04 AM
  #408
hockeyfan2k11
Registered User
 
hockeyfan2k11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeye View Post
The whole point of a bridge contract is to see what the player is capable of and then paying him accordingly. It's beneficial to both the player and the organization. Now that Subban has shown just how good he is you guys are mad because he should have been undercut with a long term contract paying him much less than what he's worth.

No..no one is mad. But the contract would have been his current value + potential value. $5M over 6 years would have been good for both groups. Salary is important in today's cap world. Every bit counts.

Now he will get $7.5M over 6+. He's going to get his Doughty money. The team was unsure about him, period....and gave him the bridge because of that. It's simply silly.

Still, that PK holdout thread was downright pathetic with some of the crap I heard in there.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:10 AM
  #409
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
That's the idea. Bergevin will not be "punished" for Subban's next contract.

It's like with anything. You perform, you get rewarded. Having Subban play at this level and then paying him a big contract is the ideal.

No losers in this scenario.
There are exceptions, that's the whole point.
People were saying to lock him up long term early because they expected him to perform as he has been. Maybe his play is surprising to you, but plenty of people knew he could be that good and believed he would be, and yes, as early as this year.

You say you perform, you get rewarded. So PK has played like. 2m+ player so far? Is that what you're saying? Over his last two year, he only showed that he was worth a 5.1m/2y contract?? Really??
That contract was garbage. Not even the guys criticizing PK for holding out thought Bergevin was offering such a small deal, you realize that?

Stop trying to defend this deal. PK was as sure a bet as they come when speaking of young players. What he had done over the past 2 years was incredible, especially on a team that suffered so many injuries and was just poorly managed from top to bottom. It was more than enough to see this kid was a special gem. You lock him up. We're not talking about Eller or DD, heck, not even talking about Price.
PK already was our best player last year.

This was a mistake. Stop defending it. Lets just hope Bergevin will extend him this summer.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:15 AM
  #410
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeye View Post
The whole point of a bridge contract is to see what the player is capable of and then paying him accordingly. It's beneficial to both the player and the organization. Now that Subban has shown just how good he is you guys are mad because he should have been undercut with a long term contract paying him much less than what he's worth.

You should go back to read the negotiation threads. There's plenty of people that absolutely wanted PK signed long term and felt the bridge deal (for PK) was dumb. So no, it's not something people are just starting to say now.
You also had people not giving PK any credit. They felt he wasn't even a top 30D in the NHL despite effectively shutting down top opponents as a #1 for almost 2 years. The crap that some people said in order to justify a bridge deal was just nuts.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:31 AM
  #411
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bat Country
Posts: 4,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
The crap that some people said in order to justify a bridge deal was just nuts.
A million times this.

I almost feel like searching some of the stupid comments posted, just to initiate a crow buffet, but I am in too good of a mood. Thanks Pittsburgh

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:35 AM
  #412
hockeyfan2k11
Registered User
 
hockeyfan2k11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
You should go back to read the negotiation threads. There's plenty of people that absolutely wanted PK signed long term and felt the bridge deal (for PK) was dumb. So no, it's not something people are just starting to say now.
You also had people not giving PK any credit. They felt he wasn't even a top 30D in the NHL despite effectively shutting down top opponents as a #1 for almost 2 years. The crap that some people said in order to justify a bridge deal was just nuts.
I remember reading PK was similar to Del Zotto and should be paid as such.

That thread was unreal.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:37 AM
  #413
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bat Country
Posts: 4,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
I remember reading PK was similar to Del Zotto and should be paid as such.

That thread was unreal.
The venom spewed by a lot of "fans" was simply disgusting, yet laughable. Oh well, I am glad those simpletons were dead wrong.

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:43 AM
  #414
hockeyfan2k11
Registered User
 
hockeyfan2k11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
The venom spewed by a lot of "fans" was simply disgusting, yet laughable. Oh well, I am glad those simpletons were dead wrong.
This one was great...I won't name the poster
"We've an above .500 team without him and Markov is back.. we can use him to fetch us a solid 2nd or 3rd liner with size."

"To Pittsburgh: PK Subban
To Montreal: Pascal Dupuis, Simon Despres"

Southernhab had many, many gems too:
"We cannot give every "good" player a very high contract and expect to have enough depth to ice a competitive team."


hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:50 AM
  #415
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,577
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
I remember reading PK was similar to Del Zotto and should be paid as such.

That thread was unreal.
Yep. And several analysts felt it was a fair comparison too. It was ridiculous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
That move that he almost pulled off would have been goal of the year had it come off.
Yes, it would have. Coast to coast, goes through the entire team, awesome move at the end... too bad it didn't go in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post

PK Subban is the best dman to wear the Habs jersey ever. Period. Point final.
Pretty sure that Doug Harvey and Larry Robinson would have something to say about this. How about we say that PK is the best we've seen since Chelios? That sounds a lot more reasonable to me.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:53 AM
  #416
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bat Country
Posts: 4,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Pretty sure that Doug Harvey and Larry Robinson would have something to say about this. How about we say that PK is the best we've seen since Chelios? That sounds a lot more reasonable to me.
Agreed. I'm a huge Subban fan, but I think that is obviously a hyperbole. Harvey is arguably top 3 d-men all time.

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 08:00 AM
  #417
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey
 
BenchBrawl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,173
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
Agreed. I'm a huge Subban fan, but I think that is obviously a hyperbole. Harvey is arguably top 3 d-men all time.
He's not ''arguably'' top 3 of all-time.He is number 2 on most lists and at worst number 3 behind Bourque.

And Robinson is a top 10 dman no question.

Mr.Hab should calm himself down , Bobby Orr made some way more spectacular play , even if it was in the 70s.I will agree with one thing though , Subban has some Orr in him.Probably one of the dman that ressemble Orr the most as far as STYLE goes.

BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 08:05 AM
  #418
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bat Country
Posts: 4,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jafar View Post
He's not ''arguably'' top 3 of all-time.He is number 2 on most lists and at worst number 3 behind Bourque.
I actually think he's a top 3, but I have seen good arguments for other players, thus the word "arguably".

I can't exactly state it as fact since there's no way of proving it, know what I mean?

But yeah, he reinvented the game at D, so for that he's in MY top 3 d-man list of all time.

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 09:07 AM
  #419
Saundies
Registered User
 
Saundies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NB, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 445
vCash: 500
Here's his Orr-esque rush: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cw-THi4eBQ

Imagine if that goes in... Highlight of the Night and goal of the year candidate. I was like watching the entire time. If only he doesnt fan on the shoot and gets the puck up like he wanted to do. Man...

And yeah, I agree with you guys above about how bad it was that people were trying to justify that he get a bridge contract. And it wasn't just here, I frequent quite a bit of Habs sites and read all of the comments and some of them were just as bad/worse. Even on TSN when they'd update the contract negotiations there were cries of "Trade him! He's cancer!" Blah blah blah.... It really goes to show what some people REALLY know about hockey and hockey players.

Even last night, the Habs Bruins highlights were pretty much overshadowed with that idiot Julien's comments about SUBBAN embellishing, not just the team. And then it shows Marchand clearly raking PK's face with his stick, and Onrait goes "Subban draws the penalty." Then when they finish, it pans over to the biggest D-bag hockey has seen in years, Brad Marchand, and he's whining about how Subban embellished.

I don't know if TSN's that stupid, or if they're truly trying to besmirch Subban intentionally at this point because they have to pander to a Toronto audience. Nevermind the fact that he's probably going to get at least nominated for the Norris this year because he's playing so well, no, he's a diver because the "we-whine-even-when-we-win" Bruins claim he is.

/rant.

Saundies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 09:38 AM
  #420
hockeyfan2k11
Registered User
 
hockeyfan2k11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saundies View Post
Here's his Orr-esque rush: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cw-THi4eBQ

Imagine if that goes in... Highlight of the Night and goal of the year candidate. I was like watching the entire time. If only he doesnt fan on the shoot and gets the puck up like he wanted to do. Man...

And yeah, I agree with you guys above about how bad it was that people were trying to justify that he get a bridge contract. And it wasn't just here, I frequent quite a bit of Habs sites and read all of the comments and some of them were just as bad/worse. Even on TSN when they'd update the contract negotiations there were cries of "Trade him! He's cancer!" Blah blah blah.... It really goes to show what some people REALLY know about hockey and hockey players.

Even last night, the Habs Bruins highlights were pretty much overshadowed with that idiot Julien's comments about SUBBAN embellishing, not just the team. And then it shows Marchand clearly raking PK's face with his stick, and Onrait goes "Subban draws the penalty." Then when they finish, it pans over to the biggest D-bag hockey has seen in years, Brad Marchand, and he's whining about how Subban embellished.

I don't know if TSN's that stupid, or if they're truly trying to besmirch Subban intentionally at this point because they have to pander to a Toronto audience. Nevermind the fact that he's probably going to get at least nominated for the Norris this year because he's playing so well, no, he's a diver because the "we-whine-even-when-we-win" Bruins claim he is.

/rant.
Looks like he fanned on the shot a bit too. So close. He's had a lot of those kind of rushes but just could not finish.

Frankly, I don't care what outsiders say about PK. I love the fact that he pisses people off...and all he does is smile. Love it! The more criticism, the better he gets. It's like they fuel him to be better. Both Marchand and Subban will play together in Sochi.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 10:03 AM
  #421
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,577
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
I actually think he's a top 3, but I have seen good arguments for other players, thus the word "arguably".

I can't exactly state it as fact since there's no way of proving it, know what I mean?

But yeah, he reinvented the game at D, so for that he's in MY top 3 d-man list of all time.
Harvey is considered the defacto number 2 of all time with Eddy Shore being number 3. Some people disagree of course but that's the consensus.

With all due respect to PK Subban, he's got a long way to go before he's considered that highly.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 10:31 AM
  #422
FranksterQc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 164
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Looks like he fanned on the shot a bit too. So close. He's had a lot of those kind of rushes but just could not finish.

Frankly, I don't care what outsiders say about PK. I love the fact that he pisses people off...and all he does is smile. Love it! The more criticism, the better he gets. It's like they fuel him to be better. Both Marchand and Subban will play together in Sochi.

No way.

FranksterQc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 12:31 PM
  #423
SB164
Registered User
 
SB164's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,861
vCash: 500
PK and Doughty are so similar it's scary (for the opposition )

The strength along the boards, the ability to skate effortlessly through the neutral zone, the point shot, the hockey IQ, the way they can just dominate a game both defensively and offensively. I wanna see these two together on the powerplay for Team Canada

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 12:48 PM
  #424
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,376
vCash: 500
still not getting enough respect for some reason...even PJ Stock was on AC last night saying there's still question marks about Subban

I find the reluctance to give him his credit really baffling...

Kid is a thoroughbred

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 12:51 PM
  #425
CrAzYNiNe
Registered User
 
CrAzYNiNe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,020
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
still not getting enough respect for some reason...even PJ Stock was on AC last night saying there's still question marks about Subban

I find the reluctance to give him his credit really baffling...

Kid is a thoroughbred
Question marks, like how PJ Stock has an appearance on a TV show giving his useless opinions. Question marks indeed.

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.