HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

F Alexander Khokhlachev (2011, 40th overall, Boston)

Old
03-27-2013, 11:38 PM
bruinsfan46

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma View Post
So how good do you guys think this guy will be?
I've always really, really liked him. Not the biggest, fastest or quickest (pretty quick though) but he has tremendous skill. Competes really hard, uses his great hands on both sides of the puck picking guys off on defense.

bruinsfan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 12:01 AM
Noori

vCash: 50
Skill and compete, I like that. The fact that he isn't that big isn't exactly great for us. All three of our top prospects (Baertschi, Koko, Gaudreau) are pretty tiny along with most of our forward lineup.

Hoping for the best.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 12:02 AM
Shaun
beauty

vCash: 50
Really think he could be a top line player. Really talented kid and it's tough to see him go.

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 08:03 AM
Fulcrum

Hmmn, I think he is a bit disappointing so far.
I saw 3 Spartak games with him in KHL and he looked actually poor. He started with good minutes early on in the season but he really let his team down with lots of bad turnovers and was benched quiet a bit for being somewhat a liability. He was trying to do stuff that worked in junior, obviously it didn't work in KHL. The later games that I saw with him it looked like he didn't really improve from the first 2.

Most commonly he would try to skate in to the zone but was overpowered or forced to give the puck up very often. It got to a point where it was pretty predictable and bland. His stats were pretty bad too.

Fulcrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 10:08 AM
Reikai
Neutral fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
Hmmn, I think he is a bit disappointing so far.
I saw 3 Spartak games with him in KHL and he looked actually poor. He started with good minutes early on in the season but he really let his team down with lots of bad turnovers and was benched quiet a bit for being somewhat a liability. He was trying to do stuff that worked in junior, obviously it didn't work in KHL. The later games that I saw with him it looked like he didn't really improve from the first 2.

Most commonly he would try to skate in to the zone but was overpowered or forced to give the puck up very often. It got to a point where it was pretty predictable and bland. His stats were pretty bad too.
Probably the reason why Boston is including him in every trade offer right now. Doesnt sound like a typical Bruin.

Reikai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2014, 12:24 AM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
Interesting prospect here not getting enough talk. One of the AHL leading rookies and is almost a PPG at 20 there, which isn't entirely common. Has really exploded in the second half of the AHL season with 23 points in his last 15 games (8G - 15A)

Curious if he has a future with the Bruins considering the Center depth they have. Not much of a flight risk considering he has been in North America since he was 15, so he should be getting some NHL looks eventually.

Has his projections changed any since this point last year?

Vagrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2014, 01:03 AM
Grasshopperking
Oh salad days

I wonder if he'd convert to wing. The Bruins tried Spooner at wing and it wasn't a fit, same with Soderberg. He's really turned it on recently. He has great chemistry with Seth Griffith. The two have been point machines.

I'd imagine the B's will give him a shot toward the end of the season if they've locked up a playoff spot. He came up and practiced in between Lucic and Iginla while Krejci was at the Olympics.

Grasshopperking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2014, 01:49 AM
Bergeron47

Anyone care to take a stab at his NHL projection?

Bergeron47 is offline   Reply With Quote