HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* Sarnia Sting 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
03-27-2013, 09:27 AM
honey bee

vCash: 500
Will be a tough game again tonight for sure. Maybe JB needs to mix up his lines, Charlie and Reid on top line are being totally shut down. Maybe Latta up there, or Davis Brown, Moore, Addesi is a big guy. Spread his top guns out over 4 lines. I just don't know but it seems anything different is worth a try. Certainly Plymouth has us figured out, as was mentioned re: power play. Feel bad for the boys, cannot be much fun. Hope more fans are there tonight too. Go Sting Go!

Old
03-27-2013, 12:53 PM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by honey bee View Post
Will be a tough game again tonight for sure. Maybe JB needs to mix up his lines, Charlie and Reid on top line are being totally shut down. Maybe Latta up there, or Davis Brown, Moore, Addesi is a big guy. Spread his top guns out over 4 lines. I just don't know but it seems anything different is worth a try. Certainly Plymouth has us figured out, as was mentioned re: power play. Feel bad for the boys, cannot be much fun. Hope more fans are there tonight too. Go Sting Go!
Can't really hurt eh. I think the lack of secondary scoring all year has hurt Sarnia. Come playoff time, teams with good depth scoring tend to always go far. Riding one hot line (albeit, arguably the league's most productive) is difficult come playoff time.

Old
03-27-2013, 02:31 PM
overtheboards

Anderson hasn't done much for the sting in the past 2 playoffs , maybe need to start barrick

Old
03-27-2013, 02:38 PM
BoxerMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by overtheboards View Post
Anderson hasn't done much for the sting in the past 2 playoffs , maybe need to start barrick
Next year

Old
03-27-2013, 03:26 PM
truestingfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerMax View Post
Next year
And I was criticized for my earlier comments on game 1! Game 1 and 3 were over in the first 5 minutes of the game. Let's go JP. We all know how well you can play.

Go Sting Go

Old
03-27-2013, 03:32 PM
massey

Quote:
Originally Posted by truestingfan View Post
And I was criticized for my earlier comments on game 1! Game 1 and 3 were over in the first 5 minutes of the game. Let's go JP. We all know how well you can play.

Go Sting Go
Dont know how anybody could blame JP for game 3.The team was having a Ciesta on those first 2 goals and left him out to dry.It could have been 10 -2 easily.JP gave them a chance to get back in the game.I like the idea of mixing up the lines for sure.Also dress Nemecek and throw DeAngelo up on forward and try that.

Old
03-27-2013, 04:12 PM
dansk55

Quote:
Originally Posted by massey View Post
Dont know how anybody could blame JP for game 3.The team was having a Ciesta on those first 2 goals and left him out to dry.It could have been 10 -2 easily.JP gave them a chance to get back in the game.I like the idea of mixing up the lines for sure.Also dress Nemecek and throw DeAngelo up on forward and try that.
i don't think you'll nemecek in a sting uni again... not sure why but gut says that... jocko i think is not even aware what goes on... honestly say, two years ago when i lobbied for him, i've made a mistake.
on a more positive note, I do hope they win tonite...hate to see it end this early.

Old
03-27-2013, 05:53 PM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

No lineup changes up front based on the media lineup

Basso in, Nemecek out

Dawe is backup

Boucher-Sarault-Moore
Goldy-Latta-Nikandrov
Brown-Hargrave-Addesi
Renaud-Ciccarelli - DiPaolo

Like Massey said, game 3 would've been an absolute blowout without JP. He was great. Can't blame him for games 2 and 3

Old
03-27-2013, 07:23 PM
SarniaSting101

Quote:
Originally Posted by truestingfan View Post

Go Sting Go
The criticism came from the comment that you said JP didn't show up to play. That assumption was where the criticism came from. Saying he didn't have a great game is acceptable but that doesn't mean he didn't show up to play.

Old
03-27-2013, 07:32 PM
Jeez
Jay Jay

D-Nemecek (Sarnia Sting) is not playing tonight. injured ?

Old
03-27-2013, 09:17 PM
bobbygore

A predictable end for yet another disappointing season for the long suffering Sting fans. Its a tired old conversation but the one constant in this ongoing 20 year failure has been the ownership. The owners are clearly way over their heads(and have been for years) in trying to compete with the successful franchises in this league. The Sting will NEVER be successful until there is change at the top.It would be nice to see some one from the local media actually call out the owners on their abysmal record for once.

To make matters worse the fans now have the rebuild phase to look forward to in the next couple of seasons after being eliminated in the first round this year and last. No wonder half the building was empty tonight.And its likely to get worse next year.

Last edited by bobbygore: 03-27-2013 at 09:26 PM.
Old
03-27-2013, 10:18 PM
WhalerBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbygore View Post
A predictable end for yet another disappointing season for the long suffering Sting fans. Its a tired old conversation but the one constant in this ongoing 20 year failure has been the ownership. The owners are clearly way over their heads(and have been for years) in trying to compete with the successful franchises in this league. The Sting will NEVER be successful until there is change at the top.It would be nice to see some one from the local media actually call out the owners on their abysmal record for once.

To make matters worse the fans now have the rebuild phase to look forward to in the next couple of seasons after being eliminated in the first round this year and last. No wonder half the building was empty tonight.And its likely to get worse next year.
We had some Sting fans in our building for games 1&2. They had some interesting perspective on things. They did not like the owners, they did not like your coach. Has anyone tried to buy Sarnia in recent years? You could guarantee a big shake up if it ever sells. My guess is that Jacques will not get the boot and your owners will get a piece of two before next year to appear to be trying to do something. On a lighter note. Although Plymouth beat you 4-0 in the series, I saw somethings that make me think that there is some players that show potential on that team. The big problem in this series was that Sarnia could not play with Plymouth in 5 on 5 situations. That killed them as far as I was concerned.

Old
03-28-2013, 08:01 AM
dansk55

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhalerBlue View Post
We had some Sting fans in our building for games 1&2. They had some interesting perspective on things. They did not like the owners, they did not like your coach. Has anyone tried to buy Sarnia in recent years? You could guarantee a big shake up if it ever sells. My guess is that Jacques will not get the boot and your owners will get a piece of two before next year to appear to be trying to do something. On a lighter note. Although Plymouth beat you 4-0 in the series, I saw somethings that make me think that there is some players that show potential on that team. The big problem in this series was that Sarnia could not play with Plymouth in 5 on 5 situations. That killed them as far as I was concerned.
what do you mean by a piece of two?
Here is my perspective on irony. Jocko says Plymouth great team 13 NHL picks...lots of depth yada... Ironically, Sarnia hired Jim the scout, to helped build Plymouth powerhouse, away from the Whalers. Then Jocko fired him... irony or karma? Take your pick. And who does Jim the Scout scout for now... the Whalers...

Old
03-28-2013, 08:23 AM
honey bee

Maybe Jocko needs to step aside as coach and concentrate on being GM. Driving all over the countryside to scout and then trying to coach as well, it is ridiculous. How can he concentrate on doing anything well?? Seems to me he can find players, just not figure out the coaching aspect of it. Too bad we wil probably lose Alex Sr. next year, I am sure he had some great input with his experience. However, how much was he able to contribute?? I've heard JB is a one man show and does not listen to input from anyone else. Anyway, same old, same old.

Old
03-28-2013, 08:30 AM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Maybe Jocko needs to step aside as coach and concentrate on being GM. Driving all over the countryside to scout and then trying to coach as well, it is ridiculous. How can he concentrate on doing anything well?? Seems to me he can find players, just not figure out the coaching aspect of it. Too bad we wil probably lose Alex Sr. next year, I am sure he had some great input with his experience. However, how much was he able to contribute?? I've heard JB is a one man show and does not listen to input from anyone else. Anyway, same old, same old.
Owners of the team have asked Beaulieu to do all jobs as a way to save money.

If Galchenyuk only was behind the bench because his son was there, then I question the motivation. If he was in it for the coaching, he wont get a better gig then he currently has.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:19 AM
WhalerBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansk55 View Post
Here is my perspective on irony. Jocko says Plymouth great team 13 NHL picks...lots of depth yada... Ironically, Sarnia hired Jim the scout, to helped build Plymouth powerhouse, away from the Whalers. Then Jocko fired him... irony or karma? Take your pick. And who does Jim the Scout scout for now... the Whalers...
Should have read piece OR two...

Old
03-28-2013, 09:26 AM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Owners fired Jim in a cost cutting move FYI.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:31 AM
HockeyCritics

Quote:
I think that Jacko did a amazing job with what he had. It's hard to do all jobs yes. with the adversity that he faced this year. losing 2 key players . the prospects that he recruted and this year draft he should be a power house in 2 years . have faith my friends. Stings will be the team to beat in 2015/16

Old
03-28-2013, 09:37 AM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyCritics View Post
I think that Jacko did a amazing job with what he had. It's hard to do all jobs yes. with the adversity that he faced this year. losing 2 key players . the prospects that he recruted and this year draft he should be a power house in 2 years . have faith my friends. Stings will be the team to beat in 2015/16
Some people do enjoy finding a scapegoat. If Bealeau had his way, hed have nothing to do with with the scouting, but the owners want to keep hockey ops costs to the minimum.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:42 AM
dansk55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers1992 View Post
Some people do enjoy finding a scapegoat. If Bealeau had his way, hed have nothing to do with with the scouting, but the owners want to keep hockey ops costs to the minimum.
Thanks for the, and i a guessing, inside 411...I am sure there are other expense to trim. I can think of a few off the bat.
The only thing i hate is rebuilding year after rebuilding. I don't care if we lose as long as there is an honest effort on everyone's part, and frankly, I don't see it.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:55 AM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Thanks for the, and i a guessing, inside 411...I am sure there are other expense to trim. I can think of a few off the bat.
The only thing i hate is rebuilding year after rebuilding. I don't care if we lose as long as there is an honest effort on everyone's part, and frankly, I don't see it.
Just make sure you put the blame at the feet of those who deserve it is all. Dave MacQueen had the plan, the owners didn't like the timeline. Your now back at square one.

Old
03-28-2013, 10:13 AM
massey

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyCritics View Post
I agree that he did pretty well with what he had.The only huge mistake the Sting organization made was keeping Hottot and dealing Charilliti.They avoided the warning signs Hottot was throwing up last year that he could be trouble.He also showed me in his training camp he wasnt committed.I dont know if they kept him because he was local or because he said he wouldnt report to another team.So what.I know on this board there was a lot that wanted to keep him.I was shocked when Jocko said at the trade that he felt his D was still strong w/o him.Oh well hope the boys develop over the summer and some draft picks work out but it could be a long season next year for sure.

Old
03-28-2013, 10:15 AM
NewStingfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers1992 View Post
Just make sure you put the blame at the feet of those who deserve it is all. Dave MacQueen had the plan, the owners didn't like the timeline. Your now back at square one.
Another early exit which is quite dissappoining but all in all a good year. I think Jocko got a lot out of this team especially after losing Gally and Murphy. They had a very young team versus Plymouth and the match up was the worst they could of hoped for. Tigers for someone that I have much respect for your posts, you obviously didn't know Dave MacQueen very well. He was not a very good GM. In fact he did not even see Galchenyuk play in his minor midget year the year the Sting drafted him 1st overall. Also the reason Jocko is scouting all the time is because he wants to do it. It was his decision to let the head scout go. If you don't believe this, ask him. When I signed up I mentioned I was a friend of Jocko's and I still think he brings this team to the promised land before he is done. Cheers!

Old
03-28-2013, 10:52 AM
HockeyCritics

Quote:
Originally Posted by massey View Post
I agree that he did pretty well with what he had.The only huge mistake the Sting organization made was keeping Hottot and dealing Charilliti.They avoided the warning signs Hottot was throwing up last year that he could be trouble.He also showed me in his training camp he wasnt committed.I dont know if they kept him because he was local or because he said he wouldnt report to another team.So what.I know on this board there was a lot that wanted to keep him.I was shocked when Jocko said at the trade that he felt his D was still strong w/o him.Oh well hope the boys develop over the summer and some draft picks work out but it could be a long season next year for sure.
yes i do agree massey but in the other hand . u always have hope and that it works out , im sure if he would of known in august what he knows now , lots of things would of want differently im sure. but keep faith my friend a few years and hopefully were right back on track.

Old
03-28-2013, 10:53 AM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewStingfan View Post
Another early exit which is quite dissappoining but all in all a good year. I think Jocko got a lot out of this team especially after losing Gally and Murphy. They had a very young team versus Plymouth and the match up was the worst they could of hoped for. Tigers for someone that I have much respect for your posts, you obviously didn't know Dave MacQueen very well. He was not a very good GM. In fact he did not even see Galchenyuk play in his minor midget year the year the Sting drafted him 1st overall. Also the reason Jocko is scouting all the time is because he wants to do it. It was his decision to let the head scout go. If you don't believe this, ask him. When I signed up I mentioned I was a friend of Jocko's and I still think he brings this team to the promised land before he is done. Cheers!
Where do you think I got my info from lol. Sometimes people are more honest with people in the league (or where in the league) with friends? Im not sure.

In regards to MacQueen, he trusted his people to do the right thing and implemented a plan. He was also the head coach, so like a lot of head coach and GMs (Beaulieu included) they don't see a lot of players over the year. The re-build was done because the Sting where in a situation that they now see themselves in, a young team who needed to be built. The owners pulled the cord because the timeline was not what they wanted.

You may not like MacQueen, but he brought in both Galchenyuk and Yakupov among others. He had a plan and put most of the pieces that the Sting had or used in the last two years.

Its now Beaulieu time to do the same, he did it in St. Johns, so now its time for him to do it again.

Closed Thread