HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Eugene Melnyk says he'll prove Cooke on Karlsson was intentional

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2013, 06:25 AM
ihatebraydenschenn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRagingBolshevik View Post
So you truly, as a person, feel that Matt Cooke did this on purpose?
Why is this so hard to believe? It's like a fifty-fifty split between those who think it was intentional and those who think it was an accident.

Given Cookie's track record, it's not hard to believe that it was intentional. When I first watched the video, I thought it was simply an unfortunate accident. Upon further review, I can't help but think he did it on purpose. I've never seen someone chop down like that with their skate at such an odd angle.

Did he mean to slice Karlsson's achilles? Maybe not, but it sure looked like he was aiming that leg thrust.

Old
03-28-2013, 06:32 AM
Tender Rip
No cap on coaching!

He will PROVE it? What is this? How dumb can a multi millionaire really be? As out there as I think it is, people can think Cooke did a no look tendon slice to perfection, but to whine about proving intent... He is going to try and get the NHL to force Cooke to take a lie detector test for starters?

Old
03-28-2013, 06:43 AM
Nut Upstrom
JIMMY GO GANGBUSTERS

Whether he is on to something, a bit of a whack-job or full on nuts, I admire his passion. He's one crazy-feisty SOB and I have to say I like him.
Glad to see Ottawa doing so well despite the bad luck they have had this season.

Old
03-28-2013, 06:53 AM
Ceremony
Ten Tons

vCash: 499
Now I'm not a scientist and I don't watch CSI, but I don't think you can use forensics to prove intent.

ďItís embarrassing. Iím embarrassed to be here right now. Itís not even funny. And itís just embarrassing, the way we, you know, the energy we have in the room and the way we approach practices and the way we approach this game. Itís not how youíre going to win any games in this league." - Jean-Sebastien Giguere, April 8 2013
Old
03-28-2013, 06:57 AM
tony d
The franchise

I'm a Senators fan and all but Eugene is making both the team look bad and himself look stupid. Give it up Eugene and feel glad that the team is playing so well and that Karlsson should be back in time for next season.

03-28-2013, 07:01 AM
Dysentery
Ottawa Senators

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
I'm a Senators fan and all but Eugene is making both the team look bad and himself look stupid. Give it up Eugene and feel glad that the team is playing so well and that Karlsson should be back in time for next season.
Eugene owns life. Why would he care if some/lots of people think he's nuts.

Old
03-28-2013, 07:06 AM
EDDIE20*

What's next? Will Eugene turn this whole thing into a TV show?

Old
03-28-2013, 07:09 AM
Droc
Classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by galvo View Post
Why is this so hard to believe? It's like a fifty-fifty split between those who think it was intentional and those who think it was an accident.

Given Cookie's track record, it's not hard to believe that it was intentional. When I first watched the video, I thought it was simply an unfortunate accident. Upon further review, I can't help but think he did it on purpose. I've never seen someone chop down like that with their skate at such an odd angle.

Did he mean to slice Karlsson's achilles? Maybe not, but it sure looked like he was aiming that leg thrust.
Agreed.
Its funny how things go. The dirtiest player in the league, who has a history of "unintentionally" seriously injuring players and ending careers happens to seriously injure the best player in the league and everyone on HF defends him.
Not only do they defend him, but they seem shocked that some people think its intentional. Im all for people having different opinions, but those who are surprised that others think Cook is guilty...those people are straightup stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tender Rip View Post
He will PROVE it? What is this? How dumb can a multi millionaire really be? As out there as I think it is, people can think Cooke did a no look tendon slice to perfection, but to whine about proving intent... He is going to try and get the NHL to force Cooke to take a lie detector test for starters?
I don't see what the big deal is. Karlsson is Melnyk's baby. The teams means everything to the guy and Karlsson is the present and future of his team. Its only through some miracle that Ottawa is still in a playoff position, but everyone will agree that Ottawa would make it further with a healthy Karlsson. Ottawa needs to make it to the 2nd round to break even financially.
Melnyk, like myself, like many others thinks Cooke is a danger to others in the game and possibly not intending to slice the tendon, but he sure intended to hurt EK.
If I was Melnyk, if anyone here was Melnyk, you'd be pissed to high hell with Cooke. I don't see why people are shocked that he is pissed and wants to do something about it, and when asked, speaks his mind.
Thing with Melnyk, he has never been one not to be honest with the media.

Bottom line is Cooke is scum. He has ended too many careers and injured too many players to still be in the league. Every time Cooke has an "incident", half this forum defends him as a saint, the other half want him out of the league.
If Melnyk wants to do whatever he can to get the guy out of the game, power to him....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capital O TEETEE 613 View Post
Eugene owns life. Why would he care if some/lots of people think he's nuts.
exactly
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDDIE20 View Post
No, Canadian based shows never take off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
Im a Sens fan and Im not insecure enough to care what other teams fans think.
When Montreal called the cops on Chara, no one cares. Their owner also makes crappy beer.

I think this is less about Karlsson and more about getting Cooke out of the game.

Last edited by Droc: 03-28-2013 at 07:16 AM.
Old
03-28-2013, 07:37 AM
EDDIE20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droc View Post
I think this is less about Karlsson and more about getting Cooke out of the game.
How is this supposed to take Cooke out of the game? Even if his CSI team did manage to prove it (which is incredibly unlikely), what will the league do? Melnyk even said himself that if the league rejects it, so be it.

If I'm Cooke and the Penguins, I'm using this as extra motivation.

Old
03-28-2013, 07:56 AM
roboninja
EYG

The only people that agree with Melnyk are some Sens homers (or Pens haters) that are more delusional than he is. Which is a feat, because he is proving to be possibly the craziest and most embarrassing owner in the NHL.

This is not the first time someone got their achilles sliced with a skate. It's a freak accident that happens every now and then. Mandate kevlar socks and move on with life.

Old
03-28-2013, 07:57 AM
RedWhiteBlackGold

Quote:
I would definitely watch that and be entertained.

03-28-2013, 07:59 AM
EDDIE20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboninja View Post
The only people that agree with Melnyk are some Sens homers (or Pens haters) that are more delusional than he is. Which is a feat, because he is proving to be possibly the craziest and most embarrassing owner in the NHL.

This is not the first time someone got their achilles sliced with a skate. It's a freak accident that happens every now and then. Mandate kevlar socks and move on with life.
+1000

And I thought Mark Cuban was nuts!

The point about kevlar socks is interesting. I wonder if more players willl consider them now that this freak accident happened to Karlsson.

Old
03-28-2013, 08:01 AM
The Kessel Run

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
Hire theives to invade his Dreams and extract his thoughts. I saw a movie about this once.
Ha ha, awesome.

Old
03-28-2013, 08:02 AM
nTsplnk*

Who cares about this guy?

Pens don't, they got JAROME IGINLA.

Let haters hate. We all know he's going to make a fool of himself.

Old
03-28-2013, 08:05 AM
Nordique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droc View Post

Bottom line is Cooke is scum. He has ended too many careers and injured too many players to still be in the league. Every time Cooke has an "incident", half this forum defends him as a saint, the other half want him out of the league.
If Melnyk wants to do whatever he can to get the guy out of the game, power to him....

exactly

No, Canadian based shows never take off.

Im a Sens fan and Im not insecure enough to care what other teams fans think.
When Montreal called the cops on Chara, no one cares. Their owner also makes crappy beer.

I think this is less about Karlsson and more about getting Cooke out of the game
This.

I'm not the only one sick of these "accidents" involving Cooke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by galvo View Post
and this.

Old
03-28-2013, 08:06 AM
nTsplnk*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post
This.

I'm not the only one sick of these "accidents" involving Cooke.
There's no legal precedent for kicking Cooke out of the game.

None of Cooke's incidents can be proven in court, criminal or otherwise.

If Cooke is kicked out half the league should be, as well.

Old
03-28-2013, 08:12 AM
EDDIE20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherDigest View Post
There's no legal precedent for kicking Cooke out of the game.

None of Cooke's incidents can be proven in court, criminal or otherwise.

If Cooke is kicked out half the league should be, as well.
This.

You really have to wonder what kind of "experts" he's hired. I know people will do most anything for money, but risking your professional reputation just to appease a fool is something else.

Old
03-28-2013, 08:15 AM
Max Power

Quote:

The NHL made the right choice by not suspending cook since they can't prove it, period.

But to say there is no possible way cook could have had malicious intentions is as narrow minded as those who say it was 100% intentional. Both sides who are convinced one way or the other are simply biased and should stop the incoherent blabber

Old
03-28-2013, 08:17 AM
Nordique

Quote:
This.

You really have to wonder what kind of "experts" he's hired. I know people will do most anything for money, but risking your professional reputation just to appease a fool is something else.
Maybe in addition to forensic evidence, he has material witnesses that overheard things. Just guessing, I honestly don't know what he has up his sleeve.

Old
03-28-2013, 08:17 AM
Dysentery
Ottawa Senators

Quote:

Give examples immediately.

Old
03-28-2013, 08:20 AM
HarrisonFord
He's baaaaaack

Man, Melnyk sure sounds crazy....

I'm not kidding when I say that I wouldn't be surprised to hear he tried to tap Cookes phone

Old
03-28-2013, 08:26 AM
EDDIE20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post
Maybe in addition to forensic evidence, he has material witnesses that overheard things. Just guessing, I honestly don't know what he has up his sleeve.
Thing is, witnesses mean nothing if there are no pending charges. It could all be hearsay.

Old
03-28-2013, 08:34 AM
pigpen65

Does anybody remember when Neil hit Drury and the Sabres owner at the time Tom Golisano wrote a letter to Bettman about the danger of hits like that? And the Sens fans led by their beat writer Garrioch blasted Golisano about being a whiner and a complainer and how he doesn't understand hockey? Now the Sens owner is hiring CSI guys to prove intent on hits...... Bwahahahahahahahahaha! Talk about friggen Karma huh?

Old
03-28-2013, 08:38 AM
Wolfpuck
5/5 Compete Level

Go get 'em, Gene.

Old
03-28-2013, 08:39 AM
EDDIE20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigpen65 View Post
Does anybody remember when Neil hit Drury and the Sabres owner at the time Tom Golisano wrote a letter to Bettman about the danger of hits like that? And the Sens fans led by their beat writer Garrioch blasted Golisano about being a whiner and a complainer and how he doesn't understand hockey? Now the Sens owner is hiring CSI guys to prove intent on hits...... Bwahahahahahahahahaha! Talk about friggen Karma huh?
Garrioch should never be taken seriously under any circumstance.. Even die-hard Sens fans will tell you that. The guy is the definition of the word "tool". He's worse than Steve Simmons, and that's saying something.

A letter is one thing, hiring detectives is quite another. Must be nice to have such deep pockets. Now what's that saying about a fool and his money?

Closed Thread