HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around The NHL: Part XLV

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2013, 09:27 AM
Thunderhead

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
No. Hate the Pens because they would have folded long ago in 2005 had Mario not whined like a little girl to Bettman and gotten Cindy on a silver platter.

How about the unprecedented tanking? MAF, Malkin, Cindy, Staal. Building though the draft, my ass.

Or maybe we should focus in the diving and whining that their stars do when things don't go their way? And the league's reward of that behavior afterwards. Malkin tomahawks Staal? That's OK! Crosby slewfoots everyone? Well, that's an OK as well!

Their "fans" don't deserve anything, save for a collapse of their pathetic franchise.
I understand that. Btw, I don't like them either but, I admire Shero . Anyway, are you folks saying that the Pens don't deserve to be an NHL team and/or to win anything ?

Old
03-28-2013, 09:29 AM
Krams
what a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhead View Post
Anyway, are you folks saying that the Pens don't deserve to be an NHL team and/or to win anything ?
Pretty much.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:29 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
I understand that. Btw, I don't like them either but, I admire Shero . Anyway, are you folks saying that the Pens don't deserve to be an NHL team and/or to win anything ?
Pretty much.

What, did they have like 11000 "fans" in their arena when things weren't going their way?

Of course, no one could have predicted that Mario and Gary would be boyfriend-girlfriend.

They whine about dirty hits? This is the team that employs Matt Cooke.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:33 AM
Thunderhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
How much better? They are riding high right now. They did the same thing last year during the season. They looked unstoppable. First round came and they were bounced.

Still a week to the deadline and there are teams that will give them problems still available. Chicago will make moves. So will LA. So will Boston. So will Montreal. So will the Rangers.

Iginla is 36. Morrow is shell of himself. Murray is old and was buried in SJ. Tell me, where is this HUGE addition?
You may be right, but I think they improved a whole lot and they'll win it all this time around. The ugly exit from the hands of the Flyers last year woke them up, imo. Can they tank two yrs in a row? Possible, but not likely.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:35 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
Guys, let's not make this a "Pittsburgh sucks" conversation. You want to discuss the trade, great. The Penguins tanking/viability as a franchise/etc don't need to be covered in here again.

It's just pain.
Old
03-28-2013, 09:38 AM
Thunderhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Guys, let's not make this a "Pittsburgh sucks" conversation. You want to discuss the trade, great. The Penguins tanking/viability as a franchise/etc don't need to be covered in here again.
OK.Good move by getting Iginla.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:45 AM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
I really just want to win a game against Pittsburgh. It would show some stones, maybe some adaptation and some ******* progress. Their forward depth is obscene but that D and Goaltending is very suspect.

03-28-2013, 09:47 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Interesting turn of events. Wonder how much the Bruins performance last night had to do with the last minute decision.

At best, even if the Pens can get their lineup in order without disrupting the success they've had so far, they still have to try and make a run with a suspect defense and a couple of Jekyll and Hyde goaltenders.

Boston was likely going to pay more because they were going to try and re-sign him. Pens paid less because he'll be going back to Calgary this summer. Simple as that. Feaster's hands were tied.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:57 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Good move for the Pens, bad for everyone else in the Conference.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:58 AM
Thunderhead

All the experts were wrong.

Old
03-28-2013, 10:00 AM
SuchySays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
This will be the second straight season where all Atlantic teams sans Pittsburgh join forces.

hahahaha. agreed

Old
03-28-2013, 10:03 AM
Thunderhead

Quote:
I really just want to win a game against Pittsburgh. It would show some stones, maybe some adaptation and some ******* progress. Their forward depth is obscene but that D and Goaltending is very suspect.
We still have to play them twice.

Old
03-28-2013, 10:14 AM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blooblood View Post
you would love him if he was here
No. There are certain players I never want to see in a Rangers jersey.

Malkin, Marchand, Crosby, Thomas, Chara, Pacioretty and Evander Kane, just to name a few.

03-28-2013, 10:15 AM
esidebill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing Kreiderman View Post

Malkin, Marchand, Crosby, Thomas, Chara, Pacioretty and Evander Kane, just to name a few.
I certainly wouldn't mind a few of those in a Rangers jersey...

Old
03-28-2013, 10:20 AM
Grumpy Humphrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by esidebill View Post
I certainly wouldn't mind a few of those in a Rangers jersey...
I would do unforgivable things to see a few of them in a Rangers jersey.

Old
03-28-2013, 10:21 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:

id take him on the Rangers blueline.... at least Lundqvist wouldnt be run into as much. wouldnt mind Pacioretty, Kane as well..

Old
03-28-2013, 10:22 AM
16 To Stanley*

Quote:
Pittsburgh's problems have never been offense. I guess I understand making these moves for leadership etc, but they've now given up the following for rental players and a 3rd Rounder, none of which really address the reason they were knocked out of last years playoffs.

1st Rounder
2nd Rounder 2013
2nd Rounder 2014 (Cond.)
5th Rounder
Joe Morrow
Kenneth Agostino
Ben Hanowski

I guess that's the luxury of having Crosby, Malkin and Letang all being young, but still, that's a significant amount of prospect pieces.

Would have been better off paying a good amount for JBO, jokes aside, he is a very good top pairing D-Man.

Old
03-28-2013, 10:23 AM
16 To Stanley*

Quote:

Give me a break.

Old
03-28-2013, 10:36 AM
Thunderhead

Quote:

They are all very good players. I'll take them all now.

Old
03-28-2013, 10:47 AM
16 To Stanley*

Quote:
They are all very good players. I'll take them all now.
I don't really need Thomas, but all the other ones, come on down!

I'd chop off body parts for some of them. Crosby, Malkin!

Alright, back to earth.

Old
03-28-2013, 10:55 AM
silverfish
KEVIN!

I agree with Kreiderman in some aspects.

If Crosby, or Pat Kaleta were Rangers, I would cease to be a Rangers fan until they were gone. A guy like Malkin would take me a while to come around to, but I think I'd be able to live with it.

Perhaps a bit hypocritical, because I was LIVID when the Rangers traded for Avery. And now? I'm still one of Avery's biggest supporters

On topic:

I finally understand how Islanders fans feel. I'm almost at the point where I want the Penguins to lose just as much as I wan the Rangers to win.

...Almost.

Old
03-28-2013, 10:57 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

A number of thoughts on this news:

1) Iginla had a NTC clause. If he didn't want to go, he wasn't going. Feaster has said at the end of the day it was Jarome who chose Pittsburgh. I have no reason to doubt him. So, what else was Feaster to do?

2) Even if he still had the option of trading to Boston, my understanding is that as of late last night the Boston #1 pick was conditional. Let's face it, none of the prospects in any of the rumored packages were top tier. The most important piece was the pick. If one was conditional and the other wasn't... again, kind of an easy call for Feaster.

3) So the Pens are going for it this year? So what? All three of these guys are on expiring contracts - they don't help that team for more than another 90 days. Even if you think the Iginla deal was highway robbery, they've still shipped out a ton of assets in the last month for 3 graying gunslingers who are leaving town after this showdown. Good.

4) Everyone hears the names and freaks out - but none of these guys are who they were in their primes. If they were, they wouldn't have been available for rental. This isn't acquiring a Hossa or a Kovalchuk in midseason. This is acquiring a Glenn Anderson.

5) The Pens added Murray, Iginla and Morrow. We're adding Fast and MZA, maybe Lindberg and maybe more through trades. I don't mean to say that the players are comparable, but there are other ways to add guys and other guys to add. It's not like we don't have help coming or that this team doesn't have tons of talent that hasn't yet come to the fore. Presuming we can start pulling it together (keeping the lines from last game intact would be a start, Torts), I still like our chances in the playoffs.

I've never been a fan of anything more than around-the-edge-of-the-roster rentals. Living through the way the 94 cup team disintegrated not long after, I am firmly against deals for guys on the wrong side of 30, especially if they're intended to play big roles and especially at the deadline, when you only get them for a few months and you have to pay up to get them.

The Pens just made THREE of these deals. We'll see if it helps them this year. Whether it does or not, I can't wait to see how the Pens fare next year and beyond. They'll never be in terrible shape as long as they have Crosby, but they've just traded away a first and two seconds (plus pieces) for old guys who won't be there longer than June. I hate deals like that and sincerely hope Slats doesn't make any.

Last, but not least - for the love of God, NO REACTIONARY DEALS! Stay the course.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:01 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tender Rip View Post
Chemistry is a worry for sure, but I don't think you can really talk about turnover, when we haven't given up any roster players. We've added three players, and after the deadline we can bring Despres and Bennett back up. Letang on IR settles the last position.

All to be decided on the ice, but I would hate us to, if I wasn't a Pens fan .
I didn't realize that the Penguins get to dress 21 skaters every game. My bad then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
How much better? They are riding high right now. They did the same thing last year during the season. They looked unstoppable. First round came and they were bounced.

Still a week to the deadline and there are teams that will give them problems still available. Chicago will make moves. So will LA. So will Boston. So will Montreal. So will the Rangers.

Iginla is 36. Morrow is shell of himself. Murray is old and was buried in SJ. Tell me, where is this HUGE addition?
In the words of my Pens fan brother in law.. These guys are replacing AHL players. If the big lesson from the Bruins and Kings Cups is that you need a deep forward group, the Penguins took a significant step towards having it.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:05 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Good point BRF.

That 1st round pick is the prize of the deal for them. This draft is gonna have to be a crucial one for the Flames. They're still not done unloading, bet they'll have a handful of picks in the top 60.

As for the Pens, they have enough depth to make a trade like that. The loss of prospects and the pick will hurt but not too bad. Detroit used to trade a first every other year, does not hurt them as much.

Our chances against the Pens in the playoffs? We've never beaten them in the playoffs. Couldn't beat Mario. Doubt we can beat a Crosby and Malkin one two punch if they're healthy.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:05 AM
Richter Scale

Wow. Talk about the most undeserving franchise there is to keep having **** go their way... Beyond frustrating. I'm with everyone on here who has said that all they want besides a Rangers cup is to see Pitt lose. They reached that level for me during last year's playoffs - but this is just icing on the cake for that sentiment to fester.

Anyway; that said... going to go ahead and call the Rangers sweeping the home and home they have with Pitt coming up. Boom. Laying down the crazytown gauntlet.

Also agree with people saying that despite the stacked forward corps and our seeming inability to win against them the past few years, I almost want to see them in the first round and face our demons rather than get the 6th spot and hope to avoid them. Their defense is still pretty bleh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
Stop with the Cup crowning. Their goalie is a sieve. All it takes is one hot goalie and goodbye picks, goodbye prospects, goodbye rentals and goodbye Cup.
I agree with the sentiment; the games still have to be played and anything can happen. But the bold is not true so far this year. He's had bad stretches the past couple years and was awful in the playoffs last year, but so far in this regular season he's been quite a bit more solid.

Closed Thread