HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Anyone listening to 97.5 right now?

Old
03-27-2013, 06:26 PM
PayItForward

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Top players get boo'ed all the time when they touch the puck in different cities.

Go over to the Pens board and look in their "Around the NHL" thread, a good amount posts are about the Flyers. Go to the main boards and any Flyers related topic there's a ton Pens fans trolling in it. The obsession goes both ways, it's a rivalry.
I remember at a Penguins @ Bruins game at the end of last season Bruins fans started chanting Crosby sucks. I thought it was stupid, but Philly fans are far from the only fan base that does that sort of thing.

PayItForward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 06:29 PM
lancer247

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkyMitts View Post
Anyone listening to 97.5? Flyers talk. Just curious is anyone else is listening and wants to discuss
i called in. I was the guy he asked, "what do you see in Schenn that you like?"

I like Misanelli but like every other host outside of knowing the positions and the names of a few players he knoww nothing about hockey. Atleast he let some hockey fans on to actually voice an opinion.

lancer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 06:31 PM
SuchySays

vCash: 50
it's not Crosby sucks at hockey...

SuchySays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 06:35 PM
flyershockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer247 View Post
i called in. I was the guy he asked, "what do you see in Schenn that you like?"

I like Misanelli but like every other host outside of knowing the positions and the names of a few players he knoww nothing about hockey. Atleast he let some hockey fans on to actually voice an opinion.
Misanelli is a complete jackass. He's one of those radio guys that just yells and says obnoxious **** just get people listening. I can't believe he got another gig in Philly after he was basically ran out of town about ten years ago.

flyershockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 06:40 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

If you're listening to 97.5 for the Flyers...hell if you're listening to sports radio for anything other than emotionally driven rants to get ratings, you're doing it wrong.

Mike M. is awful. I called him last year and said to watch Cooter shut down Malkin when he had the Pens winning it, he hung up on me. I called after to remind him what I said and he hung up on me again hahaha.

I listen for Tony Bruno only, and only because he's amusing. I can't fathom anyone listens for well thought out sports discussions.

JohnnyOnTheSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 09:51 PM
Eastburn1224

Whenever I listen to hockey being talked about on sports radio in this town this is exactly how I feel:

Edit - Video not working, but it's the scene from Billy Madison saying "everyone is now dumber for having heard that"

Last edited by Beef Invictus: 03-27-2013 at 10:02 PM. Reason: I've got it
Eastburn1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 10:15 PM
Jray42

vCash: 91
Speaking of Missanelli...

Jray42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 10:59 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Wow.

03-28-2013, 06:14 AM
ihatebraydenschenn

Mike Miss is a jackass. Hearing that guy talk about soccer and the World Cup a couple of years ago made me sick.

Nevertheless, I still listen to him. Howard Stern appeal.

ihatebraydenschenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 06:45 AM
phlflyer1

Mike Missanelli is an ignorant tool that knows nothing about hockey and just says stuff to generate calls.

I stopped listening to him talk about hockey back in the 90s when he called Flyers fans stupid and stepfords for supporting the team even though they hadn't won a cup in years.

He also continually used to argue that the Flyers only have the 18,000 fans that go to games and that, outside of them, nobody cares about hockey in Philadelphia.

phlflyer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:15 AM
SilkyMitts

Quote:
Originally Posted by galvo View Post
Mike Miss is a jackass. Hearing that guy talk about soccer and the World Cup a couple of years ago made me sick.

Nevertheless, I still listen to him. Howard Stern appeal.
He does have some good sports insight, granted its limited mostly to basketball and baseball.

SilkyMitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:15 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
The Flyers talk in the philly media has been awful...even more brutal than the season itself. I've heard various segments on WIP, 97.5, and DNL over the past couple weeks and have not heard the NHL Draft brought up once. Instead, everyone is just picking names out of a hat of who we should trade for. Just wait til these guys find out Nurse is McNabb's nephew, they will have a field day.
Surprisingly Gargano already knows. He mentioned it like a week ago, and he even knew that he wasn't McNabb's actual nephew, but his wife's. I was completely shocked.

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:58 AM
Mylec 22

It's not even that they don't know much about with what's going on with the Flyers or hockey in general. But it's that they seem to actually have disdain for the Flyers. I heard someone call up a year or two ago and ask why they practically never talk about hockey, and Gargano got all heated up and likened Flyers fans as "cult followers". Then you have people like Rob Charry who openly confesses to not liking the Flyers at all. I understand how big the other 3 are, but in a city where the pro hockey team is also very popular, it baffles me that Philly sports talk radio gives hockey little to no attention.

Mylec 22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 08:11 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylec 22 View Post
It's not even that they don't know much about with what's going on with the Flyers or hockey in general. But it's that they seem to actually have disdain for the Flyers. I heard someone call up a year or two ago and ask why they practically never talk about hockey, and Gargano got all heated up and likened Flyers fans as "cult followers". Then you have people like Rob Charry who openly confesses to not liking the Flyers at all. I understand how big the other 3 are, but in a city where the pro hockey team is also very popular, it baffles me that Philly sports talk radio gives hockey little to no attention.
IMO the biggest "cult following" in the city is the freakin Eagles. You want a team that is supported despite never having won anything? Case in freakin point!

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 08:45 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylec 22 View Post
It's because hockey fans don't call in; if they did the hosts would talk hockey. However, hockey fans don't call in because usually the host don't know hockey. It's a never ending cycle.

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 09:25 AM
Mylec 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
It's because hockey fans don't call in; if they did the hosts would talk hockey. However, hockey fans don't call in because usually the host don't know hockey. It's a never ending cycle.
True. But that works both ways. If they did talk about hockey more, maybe more fans would call in. And the times when a hockey fan does call in, they talk about it for a minute, then it jumps right back to PhillesEaglesSixersPhilliesEaglesSixers etc.

Mylec 22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 12:27 PM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jray42 View Post
Speaking of Missanelli...

I actually listed to this live, I can still remember too!

Sniped is offline   Reply With Quote