HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal/Trade Rumour Thread II (NHL rumors/trades talk in here as well)

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2013, 06:37 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndgt10 View Post
Feaster said that the list of 4 teams was accurate that Iginla would accept a trade to and that he was in negotiations with 3 of them (Pitt, Boston, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand LA Kings).

I guess the price was just to rich for Bo, right guys!????????
Or Iginla isn't a need. When healthy the Hawks have Sharp, Kane, Hossa and Saad on the top 6 wings. Who do you drop? Saad? way to shatter a kids confidence, you played great kid but this is here is the 4th line. You certainly aren't moving Hoss and Kane off the RW either, so you ruined team chemistry, crushed a kids confidence all to have an aging vet having his worst year play out of position? NO THANKS!

Old
03-28-2013, 07:29 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidusAKA View Post
Sorry if this is dumb, but is Teuvo Teravainen on the table at all? or McNeill? Something along the lines of Jagr and Roy? Picks involved?
mcneill would probably be made available - i doubt tt would.

Old
03-28-2013, 07:43 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidusAKA View Post
Sorry if this is dumb, but is Teuvo Teravainen on the table at all? or McNeill? Something along the lines of Jagr and Roy? Picks involved?
If we are talking about Eriksson or Benn, sure he is on the table. For Roy and Jagr? Easy to say no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
Or Iginla isn't a need. When healthy the Hawks have Sharp, Kane, Hossa and Saad on the top 6 wings. Who do you drop? Saad? way to shatter a kids confidence, you played great kid but this is here is the 4th line. You certainly aren't moving Hoss and Kane off the RW either, so you ruined team chemistry, crushed a kids confidence all to have an aging vet having his worst year play out of position? NO THANKS!
this. Iginla would have been a luxury and giving up a 1st with prospects wouldn't have been worth it.

Old
03-28-2013, 07:51 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

I say that Goc or Gordon ends up in Chicago... that's my call

Old
03-28-2013, 10:00 AM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Yeah, I like both of those guys too, would be happy with either. Goc seems more likely only because Phoenix is still in the race.

Old
03-28-2013, 10:16 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Yeah, I like both of those guys too, would be happy with either. Goc seems more likely only because Phoenix is still in the race.
and Tallon is more likely to deal with Chicago.

Old
03-28-2013, 10:20 AM
digdug41982

Funny how everyone in the organization came ready this year expect for Stan. That **** is going to cost us a great season. I've learned my lesson before about waiting until after the deadline. This time I'm assuming he will not make the move we need and am just going to lambast the mother****er all week leading up to the deadline, for doing nothing, even though there is still plenty of time left.

Old
03-28-2013, 10:20 AM
Illinihockey

This is like the 04 Lakers when they added Payton and Malone....guys past their prime. Iggy and Morrow. Iginla is at his lowest PPG since he was 21 years old (13 years ago). Morrow's PPG total is at the lowest of his career (and by a good margin)

Old
03-28-2013, 10:22 AM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
This is like the 04 Lakers when they added Payton and Malone....guys past their prime. Iggy and Morrow. Iginla is at his lowest PPG since he was 21 years old (13 years ago). Morrow's PPG total is at the lowest of his career (and by a good margin)
With those centers, Iginla will be right back up and over PPG. Morrow will get a boost too. At worst, you have a 2nd line as your 3rd line.

Old
03-28-2013, 10:41 AM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Phoenix has to go roughly 11-4 the rest of the way to make the playoffs.....they are basically out.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:19 AM
ChiHawk21

Can we overpay for Pavelski???

Saad-Toews-Hossa
Sharp-Pavelski-Kane
Bickell-Bolland-Shaw
Carcillo-Kruger-Frolik

O MY

Stalberg Mcneil +

Old
03-28-2013, 11:22 AM
BobbyJet

Quote:

Morrow’s acquisition had nothing to do with how many points he can put up and I have no doubt Iginla will thrive in the Pens top 6 and add some much needed grit up there. It was widely speculated that a team would overpay to get Iginla. Pens did, and now are on the hot seat to win the Cup and are the favourite to do so. Sounds like a pretty good situation to be in. A # 1 pick is tough to lose but that may end up to be what the 29th or 30th pick overall? Not exactly the big loss the tag of #1 implies.
If Hawks are willing to take the risk and overpay to do something similar they need a player like Morrow and probably more importantly a gritty 2nd line centerman. I wouldn’t mind a physical stay-at-home dman either. (I’m not overly thrilled with the goalies we have either but I won’t go there). Grabbing all 3 will be no easy task, but not impossible. If Stan sits on his hands, then no, we are not in the same class as Pens. No team will want to meet them in the PO’s, but I doubt very much we could get that far anyway.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:26 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
Morrow’s acquisition had nothing to do with how many points he can put up and I have no doubt Iginla will thrive in the Pens top 6 and add some much needed grit up there. It was widely speculated that a team would overpay to get Iginla. Pens did, and now are on the hot seat to win the Cup and are the favourite to do so. Sounds like a pretty good situation to be in. A # 1 pick is tough to lose but that may end up to be what the 29th or 30th pick overall? Not exactly the big loss the tag of #1 implies.
If Hawks are willing to take the risk and overpay to do something similar they need a player like Morrow and probably more importantly a gritty 2nd line centerman. I wouldn’t mind a physical stay-at-home dman either. (I’m not overly thrilled with the goalies we have either but I won’t go there). Grabbing all 3 will be no easy task, but not impossible. If Stan sits on his hands, then no, we are not in the same class as Pens. No team will want to meet them in the PO’s, but I doubt very much we could get that far anyway.
Morrow is a shell of himself. He isn't even getting 15 mins a game anymore. The Pens were plenty gritty last year. They lost because their defense and goalie sucked.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:39 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiHawk21 View Post

Saad-Toews-Hossa
Sharp-Pavelski-Kane
Bickell-Bolland-Shaw
Carcillo-Kruger-Frolik

O MY

Stalberg Mcneil +
Stalberg is pending UFA and isn't as valuable as people want to think while McNeill is overated

Sharks wont trade NHL #2C in his prime for that type of package

Old
03-28-2013, 11:48 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Stalberg is pending UFA and isn't as valuable as people want to think while McNeill is overated

Sharks wont trade NHL #2C in his prime for that type of package
Plus I don't think the Hawks and Sharks will do business. Still bad blood from the Hjalmersson/Niemi saga

Old
03-28-2013, 11:51 AM
digdug41982

Just call up Pirri, it's the least they can do. He's coming up on 40 assists after a great year last year. What's the holdup? Don't even have to give anything up to make this move and he'll be cheap to pay.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:54 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiHawk21 View Post

Saad-Toews-Hossa
Sharp-Pavelski-Kane
Bickell-Bolland-Shaw
Carcillo-Kruger-Frolik

O MY

Stalberg Mcneil +
The Sharks aren't moving Pavs so it's a moot point but...

You think a bottom 6 pending FA winger and a good but not great prospect is over payment for Pavelski? Not even close.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:54 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Just call up Pirri, it's the least they can do. He's coming up on 40 assists after a great year last year. What's the holdup? Don't even have to give anything up to make this move and he'll be cheap to pay.
I'd rather not bring up a rookie with 15 games left in the season. The stretch and playoffs aren't the time to be learning on the job. I definitely want them to give him a look at 2C next season though for sure.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:57 AM
digdug41982

Quote:
I'd rather not bring up a rookie with 15 games left in the season. The stretch and playoffs aren't the time to be learning on the job. I definitely want them to give him a look at 2C next season though for sure.
I don't see the downside unless you are blown away by Bolland's play at 2C. As it is, I get the impression everyone has had enough with that experiment.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:04 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
I don't see the downside unless you are blown away by Bolland's play at 2C. As it is, I get the impression everyone has had enough with that experiment.
The downside is he's a turnover machine thats not ready for the the NHL, let alone the pace and physicality of playoff hockey. Brandon Saad has had 2 bad defensive plays that have cost his team the game in the past week (turnover at the blue line against Anaheim, and completely whiffing on Brown on the LA game winner). Jimmy Hayes has definitely been a drag on the 2nd line. There's no reason to think Pirri can come up and be a productive NHL player at this point. At that point 2/3rds of your 2nd line should in reality be playing in the AHL. Prospects are like back up QB's, everyone loves them until they are in the game. Its amazing how quickly people forget how lost guys like Kruger and Leddy looked last year.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:07 PM
TheDoorDoctor

Would Ryane Clowe be a match for this team or you think he'd be to slow. and if yes what would you give up for him ( dont know if this has been talked about before)

Old
03-28-2013, 12:09 PM
digdug41982

They've got to be given a chance at some point. I know there will be growing pains like with the others but we have what we have and since they are hell belt on this very rigid build from within system, you have to call these guys up. I'm trying to think of other teams that used this system in the NHL and am drawing a blank but the Montreal Expos come to mind as a team in another sport that did it and they didn't hesitate to throw their guys out there and let them work through the growing pains. If it plays a part in us losing this year, at least that is experience in their back pocket for next year. If Pirri is ready to be a productive center by the end of next season, we have the hole filled.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:10 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoorDoctor View Post
Would Ryane Clowe be a match for this team or you think he'd be to slow. and if yes what would you give up for him ( dont know if this has been talked about before)
For me, the speed is an issue but I would put him on the 4th line and use him in front of the net on the PP. I think he could help us there. I don't see Wilson and Bowman dealing though. Wilson will likely want a lot from the Hawks for Clowe and we don't make deals like that.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:11 PM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Bolland at 2C is much better right now then Pirri at 2C.

Pirri isn't even ready for the NHL let alone playing in the NHL on a top line in the play-offs.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:12 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
They've got to be given a chance at some point. I know there will be growing pains like with the others but we have what we have and since they are hell belt on this very rigid build from within system, you have to call these guys up. I'm trying to think of other teams that used this system in the NHL and am drawing a blank but the Montreal Expos come to mind as a team in another sport that did it and they didn't hesitate to throw their guys out there and let them work through the growing pains. If it plays a part in us losing this year, at least that is experience in their back pocket for next year. If Pirri is ready to be a productive center by the end of next season, we have the hole filled.
Agree and he'll get his chance next year in the preseason and probably some during the regular season. The Hawks have the best record in the NHL, its not time to start giving guys tryouts. If the Hawks were sitting around the 5th or 6th seed maybe you give it a shot, but not when you have the best team in the NHL. They do need an upgrade over Bolland but if you are going to do that, you better be sure the guy is better than Bolland and not just hoping.

Closed Thread