HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs on Tradecentre Part 3 (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?)

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2013, 09:09 AM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
What about a deal with Phoenix for a package of Torres AND Klesla?

One of our 2nds, a 4th and a mid-tier prospect should do the trick...
Klesla would be interesting and welcomed but I do not believe this club needs another 4th line player.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:09 AM
The Doors

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapVirus View Post
He is supposed to be available (Streit).
He's a UFA to be with a past here, unfortunately the Isles are one win out of 8th. Hab fans should be pulling for them to lose their next three games vs the Pens, Flyers, and Devils. That would go a long way towards making their captain more available. The chances that he gets dealt seem unlikely, same with Boyle and the Sharks hovering around a playoff spot.

Maybe Klesla is the most likely add?

Old
03-28-2013, 09:10 AM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
I'd love to get Giordano out of Calgary somehow.

Giordano-Subban
Markov-Gorges
Bouillon-Diaz/Emelin
Unless the return is amazing, never gonna happen. Giordano is pretty much the part of the core they'll keep for rebuilt.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:12 AM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Klesla would be interesting and welcomed but I do not believe this club needs another 4th line player.
Depth is just too important to disregard. A guy like Torres can fit pretty much everywhere in the lineup in case of injuries. He also provides grit and an energetic presence. Injuries always happen in the playoffs and a guy like Torres could step up without looking out of place.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:12 AM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBarker View Post
Unless the return is amazing, never gonna happen. Giordano is pretty much the part of the core they'll keep for rebuilt.
Probably true, but it would be nice to get him. He would eat serious minutes alongside Subby

Old
03-28-2013, 09:14 AM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
Depth is just too important to disregard. A guy like Torres can fit pretty much everywhere in the lineup in case of injuries. He also provides grit and an energetic presence. Injuries always happen in the playoffs and a guy like Torres could step up without looking out of place.
Aye, I agree with you. Just worry about the stigma that comes with Torres but if he's liked in the room and has reformed like it appears he has it would be a fine pick up.

We can agree that if MTL is serious about doing some damage in the playoffs they need to add some more depth.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:14 AM
The Doors

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBarker View Post
It seem like J-Bo, Sarich, Babchuk will be the guys they look to deal... Bouwmeester will have lots of bidders, Sarich sucks and is signed for another year, and Babchuk, well, whatever.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:19 AM
SnapVirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Not this year.
You are right. We should wait another year just to see Markov, Gionta and Plekanec get a year older and suck even more. Plus we all know, that they look at their best when they play a physical 82 games season, instead of a 48' one.

Seriously, this year we have no 'major' injuries in our top9 (Bourque will be back same for Prust). On a 82 games season our smallish forwards are never healthy. Plus we are starting to see signs of slowdown to Gionta/Markov. It's time NOW. Not next year. You never heard the proverb: when you see the train, jump on it? Waiting is not the key when you have an opportunity, because you never know what can happen if you wait.

HOCKEYSFUTUREboard is full of people always loving the future. But the future means **** if you never try to win. And now we have a possibility to do it. Well, we're one of the two best team in the East. What do you want more? A season with 0 defeats? It wont happen.

I'm not talking about trading Eller/Galchenyuk etc. Im talking about trading a first round pick, or one of Beaulieu/Ellis/Collberg/Kristo. Look what the Pens gave for Iginla (1st round pick and 2 ****** prospects). Its not destroying the future of their organisation and they have a much better team now.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:21 AM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doors View Post
It seem like J-Bo, Sarich, Babchuk will be the guys they look to deal... Bouwmeester will have lots of bidders, Sarich sucks and is signed for another year, and Babchuk, well, whatever.
Totally, I could 1-2 if not all of them changing homes when comes the deadline.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:22 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chael Sonnen View Post
Is Streit available at all? Or is all the Streit talk just hoping/wishing?
The talk is the Isles are trying to extend him and Visnovsky in the coming days.

If they can't get extensions done, it's possible they will both be available.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:23 AM
hockeyfan2k11

I think we should go all in. We're 2nd in the conference and have depth. Markov is not getting any younger...neither is Pleks, Gio, etc. We have Ryder as a rental. We have some really good prospects and a crapload of picks. Don't mortgage the future, but I don't mind trading a pick or some mid level prospects for someone that can help us challenge for the cup.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:24 AM
Aznrx8

Quote:
You are right. We should wait another year just to see Markov, Gionta and Plekanec get a year older and suck even more. Plus we all know, that they look at their best when they play a physical 82 games season, instead of a 48' one.

Seriously, this year we have no 'major' injuries in our top9 (Bourque will be back same for Prust). On a 82 games season our smallish forwards are never healthy. Plus we are starting to see signs of slowdown to Gionta/Markov. It's time NOW. Not next year. You never heard the proverb: when you see the train, jump on it? Waiting is not the key when you have an opportunity, because you never know what can happen if you wait.

HOCKEYSFUTUREboard is full of people always loving the future. But the future means **** if you never try to win. And now we have a possibility to do it. Well, we're one of the two best team in the East. What do you want more? A season with 0 defeats? It wont happen.

I'm not talking about trading Eller/Galchenyuk etc. Im talking about trading a first round pick, or one of Beaulieu/Ellis/Collberg/Kristo. Look what the Pens gave for Iginla (1st round pick and 2 ****** prospects). Its not destroying the future of their organisation and they have a much better team now.
+ 1

I feel the same way where we should take advantage of the situation. Usually by the end of a 82 games calendar Plekanec is out of gas and so are most of our players. And add to that we don't have injuries to our key player. Maybe not a huge trade but someone like Clowe to help out and add a little more depth

Old
03-28-2013, 09:24 AM
Avim86

Kunitz-Crosby-Iginla
Morrow-Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Sutter-Dupuis
Bennett- Jeffrey - Kennedy

Will be a really tough team to beat...

Old
03-28-2013, 09:25 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:

I'm all in with you, bro. We should make a push.

Old
Capitano

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
I think we should go all in. We're 2nd in the conference and have depth. Markov is not getting any younger...neither is Pleks, Gio, etc. We have Ryder as a rental. We have some really good prospects and a crapload of picks. Don't mortgage the future, but I don't mind trading a pick or some mid level prospects for someone that can help us challenge for the cup.
I would be interested in doing something in the middle...I think a guy like Jagr would be perfect...don't know what it would take to get him though, but personally a move like that would be perfect for this year. He would run the PP by himself...give PK and Markov even more space to operate out there...just thinking about it makes me like it more and more.

Old
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avim86 View Post
Kunitz-Crosby-Iginla
Morrow-Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Sutter-Dupuis

True. But they still have weak goaltending and D. Then there's the injury bug.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:28 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitano View Post
I would interested in doing something in the middle...I think a guy like Jagr would be perfect...don't know what it would take to get him though, but personally a move like that would be perfect for this year. He would run the PP by himself...give PK and Markov even more space to operate out there...just thinking about it makes me like it more and more.
Yes. I'm down with Jagr for a 3rd and someone like Leblanc or a prospect of his caliber? I think we really need a dman, though. NEED a top 4 guy who can also play on the 2nd waive of the PP. Not sure if one is available but...that would be nice.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:30 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:

The current draft year has the potential to be more impacting to the Habs than any of the previous 30. More Dominic Moore trades will not make the team more competitive with the Pens and will hurt the future. Pens are not going to lose to Montreal in a 7 game series this year might as well keep all the assets the organization has and add more.

If MB tries to match deals with the Pens he's not as good a GM as I think he is.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:32 AM
Capitano

Quote:
The current draft year has the potential to be more impacting to the Habs than any of the previous 30. More Dominic Moore trades will not make the team more competitive with the Pens and will hurt the future. Pens are not going to lose to Montreal in a 7 game series this year might as well keep all the assets the organization has and add more.

If MB tries to match deals with the Pens he's not as good a GM as I think he is.
If MB can turn some stale prospects and players (like Weber, Leblanc, etc) into a player that can make us better I'm all for it. I've seen enough of Weber personally...Leblanc doesn't seem to be anything to write home about either...I'm not saying those guys could get a deal done though..just saying that if MB could turn players like that into a good short term solution I'm all for it.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:38 AM
SnapVirus

Quote:

Yes or we could have another A. Kostitsyn, D. Fisher, L. Leblanc, K. Chipchura, J. Tinordi with the 25th pick? Come on. Stop with the future will help us in the longterm. Yeah that late 20s pick will MAYBE help us in what? 4-5 years? When we will be there, the team will be COMPLETELY different. Stop please. And to have an actual IMPACT player with a late 20s pick is almost impossible.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:38 AM
The Doors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avim86 View Post
Kunitz-Crosby-Iginla
Morrow-Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Sutter-Dupuis

Plekanec and Gionta would get the big assignment, probably with Subban. I think Markov would be up to handling his countryman in the playoffs. Some may say no, but I think he could give it a go. If Therrien can find a line to help handle Malkin, that's the key. Some combo of big bodies that can skate. Eller would have to get a little nasty, it could be his coming out party. Sutter would have Desharnais line, it would be interesting to see who the RW would be. Maybe Ryder, I think you want Bourque skating w/ Pleks and Gio vs Crosby.

The interesting thing would be creating the Eller shutdown line, maybe w/ Prust and Halpern/Moen/Armstrong would let Galchenyuk and Gallagher skate vs the Pens fourth line? I don't know. There would be tons of interesting coaching decisions, and it would be an amazing series, Price would need steal at least one game, and the team needing either a healthy Diaz or one more dependable 20+ minute defenceman.

It's why it's so important that Bergevin make a move to shore up the blueline. If he does they can comfortably play with anyone.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:40 AM
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Yes or we could have another A. Kostitsyn, D. Fisher, L. Leblanc, K. Chipchura, J. Tinordi with the 25th pick? Come on. Stop with the future will help us in the longterm. Yeah that late 20s pick will MAYBE help us in what? 4-5 years? When we will be there, the team will be COMPLETELY different. Stop please. And to have an actual IMPACT player with a late 20s pick is almost impossible.
By completely different you mean a 22 year old star in galchenyuk right? A 26 year old elite Dman in pk I could go on but do I really have too?

Old
03-28-2013, 09:41 AM
Mrb1p

I agree with you guys, Klesla should be our main target.

The guy WAS the Yotes in last years playoff.(Along with OEL.)

We could recreate the same with Subban!

He's one of the best Dman in the league at playing D. And thats what we need.

Old
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitano View Post
If MB can turn some stale prospects and players (like Weber, Leblanc, etc) into a player that can make us better I'm all for it. I've seen enough of Weber personally...Leblanc doesn't seem to be anything to write home about either...I'm not saying those guys could get a deal done though..just saying that if MB could turn players like that into a good short term solution I'm all for it.
Sure, if MB can turn water into wine then to him I am with you on that. I am not in favour of trading real future pieces for temporary now pieces.

The goal for me is sustainable contender status. Pens are a powerhouse without this trade, they took a step now that MB can't match.

Old
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:

Such a defetist attitude. A Moore deal will not help....but a Jagr and/or Bouwmeester deal will!

There won't be a much better time to go all in. I'm all for picks and prospects, but you can't just stockpile them and expect to be great. You need to use those picks prospects sometimes for real assets that can help the team now.

2nd in the conference with a healthy team that has lost...what 7 games in regulation and people don't want to "go for it" What? If you're a top 5 team in the league, you do what you can to win the cup. I don't care about Pittsburgh...they can be beaten.

Closed Thread