HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Speculation/Be a GM Thread/Go CrAzY!!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-28-2013, 05:16 AM
  #126
5 4 Fighting
Big member
 
5 4 Fighting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bk all day
Country: United States
Posts: 6,056
vCash: 783
Lol at Gaborik for a scrub in Gryba and lol at playing McDonagh with Gilroy. You my friend, are something.

5 4 Fighting is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 07:03 AM
  #127
NJDEVIL
Registered User
 
NJDEVIL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Old Bridge, NJ
Posts: 1,517
vCash: 500
welp, looks like the two of us will be the evil 7/8 seeds that upset the top two eh!? I relish these kinds of opportunities lol

I'm curious I feared Kreider very much so after his playoff stint last year. He soooo fast. Where has he fallen short this year? Passing? Vision? Position?

Thanks guys

NJDEVIL is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 07:06 AM
  #128
DMPD
Offseasons Greetings
 
DMPD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 21,428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDEVIL View Post
welp, looks like the two of us will be the evil 7/8 seeds that upset the top two eh!? I relish these kinds of opportunities lol

I'm curious I feared Kreider very much so after his playoff stint last year. He soooo fast. Where has he fallen short this year? Passing? Vision? Position?

Thanks guys
Effort, compete level and playing tentative. He's coming around finally.

__________________
DMPD is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 07:09 AM
  #129
NJDEVIL
Registered User
 
NJDEVIL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Old Bridge, NJ
Posts: 1,517
vCash: 500
ugh! We're having the same exact problem with Larsson.

NJDEVIL is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 07:45 AM
  #130
Krams
what an tiem
 
Krams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 4,839
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDEVIL View Post
welp, looks like the two of us will be the evil 7/8 seeds that upset the top two eh!? I relish these kinds of opportunities lol

I'm curious I feared Kreider very much so after his playoff stint last year. He soooo fast. Where has he fallen short this year? Passing? Vision? Position?

Thanks guys
Tortorella hadn't been using him properly, either. Benching the kid for very minor mistakes but giving JT Miller free rein. Sent him down to the AHL, tore it up for a month, and has looked wonderful in the two games since returning.

Krams is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 07:53 AM
  #131
bernmeister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDEVIL View Post
welp, looks like the two of us will be the evil 7/8 seeds that upset the top two eh!? I relish these kinds of opportunities lol

I'm curious I feared Kreider very much so after his playoff stint last year. He soooo fast. Where has he fallen short this year? Passing? Vision? Position?

Thanks guys
Fear him you should, esp. after he denied Marty B a shutout with a major highlight shot goal. Thanks Marty for volunteering to be so embarrassed, to be so undressed. Kreider's skating is obvious, his shooting skill we are still finding out. Didn't know his shot could go THERE.

bernmeister is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 07:55 AM
  #132
bernmeister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDEVIL View Post
ugh! We're having the same exact problem with Larsson.
For the right price, we'll take him off your hands.

bernmeister is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 07:57 AM
  #133
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 30,005
vCash: 500
I am interested to see how teams try and match those deals by the Pens. Clowe? Klesla? Yandle? Gaborik? Havlat? Boyle? Weiss?

Lots of teams with cap room for this season, not a lot of teams willing to take on next years as well.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 08:22 AM
  #134
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,538
vCash: 500
If Calgary is selling I would like Glencross on LW. Some picks and Pyatt?

Vitto79 is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 08:38 AM
  #135
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 30,005
vCash: 500
All I am going to say is that now may be the time to maximize the return on Gaborik. NTC to only 10 teams. Teams like LA and Boston will be looking to respond. I am sure they both offered hefty packages for Iginla. Iginla had a very short list and it seems like Pitt was the place for him.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 08:48 AM
  #136
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10,598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I am interested to see how teams try and match those deals by the Pens. Clowe? Klesla? Yandle? Gaborik? Havlat? Boyle? Weiss?

Lots of teams with cap room for this season, not a lot of teams willing to take on next years as well.
The great thing for a master like Shero to relish is that your opponents will feel pressure to match you. You sit back and watch them hurt themselves.

Pizza is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 08:58 AM
  #137
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato
 
HatTrick Swayze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 10,346
vCash: 500
For those who say Clowe is too slow: was Brandon Prust too slow? Would you take a version of him that is better at fighting with better hands and a better shot?

Noone is saying Clowe can come in, run the PP, and be a consistent offensive difference maker. His lack of production this year is a huge question mark - but there is no $ commitment past this season. For the right price he would be the perfect 3rd liner.

No any trade involving a first or top prospects is not the right price.

__________________
"Here we can see the agression of american people. They love fighting and guns. when they wont win they try to kill us all." -HalfOfFame
HatTrick Swayze is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 09:01 AM
  #138
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 17,620
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
All I am going to say is that now may be the time to maximize the return on Gaborik. NTC to only 10 teams. Teams like LA and Boston will be looking to respond. I am sure they both offered hefty packages for Iginla. Iginla had a very short list and it seems like Pitt was the place for him.
Bruins have $6M in cap space next year, and that's if they let Rask, Khudobin, Ference and Horton walk. Horton or Rask alone should eat up most of that. They can buyout Savard's contract, but that only gives them $4M to work with. So they'd have to send a core piece back in the deal for Gaborik, which is something I can't see them doing.

LA has the same problem. There just aren't many (if any) cup contenders this season that can afford Gaborik next year.

Trxjw is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 09:03 AM
  #139
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 30,005
vCash: 500
I would LOVE to sign Clowe in the off-season IF he is asking for something reasonable, say 2.5-3 million/season. However, I am almost 100% sure he gets more than that. He would be a great 2nd/3rd line LWer who can provide size, strength and toughness to this line-up full of skilled guys.

Pyatt + Boyle = Traded

Clowe Signed. Salaries are practically equal.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 09:03 AM
  #140
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 30,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTruck View Post
Could he potentially play tonight?
Yes, but I would HIGHLY doubt he does.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 09:04 AM
  #141
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 21,703
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
For those who say Clowe is too slow: was Brandon Prust too slow? Would you take a version of him that is better at fighting with better hands and a better shot?

Noone is saying Clowe can come in, run the PP, and be a consistent offensive difference maker. His lack of production this year is a huge question mark - but there is no $ commitment past this season. For the right price he would be the perfect 3rd liner.

No any trade involving a first or top prospects is not the right price.
Uh, Prust was never slow. Clowe is really really slow and has struggled through injuries year after year. He's the prototypical guy you look at and wonder if his physical style has prematurely hurt his career.

For a song and a dance, sure why not, but I somehow doubt the Rangers are interested if he can't keep up with the rest of his line

Levitate is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 09:04 AM
  #142
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
you sure you guys dont want Dan Boyle. seems to have some JAM. id take him if his contract was 3 mil instead of 6 or whatever he is making...


bad break..






id take Clowe on NYR... he would be the only one to provide grit and toughness who can actually still play a regular shift...




at least he goes to the net... i wish some of current Rangers would do that on the powerplay

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 09:06 AM
  #143
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 30,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Bruins have $6M in cap space next year, and that's if they let Rask, Khudobin, Ference and Horton walk. Horton or Rask alone should eat up most of that. They can buyout Savard's contract, but that only gives them $4M to work with. So they'd have to send a core piece back in the deal for Gaborik, which is something I can't see them doing.

LA has the same problem. There just aren't many (if any) cup contenders this season that can afford Gaborik next year.
All the "experts" were saying Boston would re-sign Iginla. If they would have been able to do that, they can afford Gaborik.

If LA moves Stoll they can afford Gaborik as well.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 09:09 AM
  #144
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato
 
HatTrick Swayze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 10,346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Uh, Prust was never slow. Clowe is really really slow and has struggled through injuries year after year. He's the prototypical guy you look at and wonder if his physical style has prematurely hurt his career.

For a song and a dance, sure why not, but I somehow doubt the Rangers are interested if he can't keep up with the rest of his line
Call me crazy but I don't think the disparity between the two is that large.

HatTrick Swayze is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 09:12 AM
  #145
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 30,005
vCash: 500
Serious question, would anyone mind paying Clowe 3 million/season for 4 years as opposed to Prust 2.5 million/season for 4 years? That would be a contract I could get behind for Clowe.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 09:24 AM
  #146
Mikos87
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 3,149
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Serious question, would anyone mind paying Clowe 3 million/season for 4 years as opposed to Prust 2.5 million/season for 4 years? That would be a contract I could get behind for Clowe.
Oh yeah big time. Would go up to 3.75... but he'd get close to Hartnell money on the open market, and term. Interesting to hear Bob McKenzie say that he wants to go to a place that will play him in the top 6, and would only waive his no trade for that.

Mikos87 is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 09:30 AM
  #147
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 24,705
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikos87 View Post
Oh yeah big time. Would go up to 3.75... but he'd get close to Hartnell money on the open market, and term. Interesting to hear Bob McKenzie say that he wants to go to a place that will play him in the top 6, and would only waive his no trade for that.
I've scored 0 goals in the NHL this season as well. Can I go play in the top 6 as well?

(Just kidding, for those who think I'm serious)

Don't want Clowe in the top 6. Although he's big, slow, and can't score. Fits this team like a glove.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 09:41 AM
  #148
Jackpot
Registered Abuser
 
Jackpot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Syracuse, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 673
vCash: 500
Yeah, that's like Brian Boyle asking for a pay raise and top six minutes... That's hilarious....

Jackpot is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 09:52 AM
  #149
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 33,058
vCash: 500
Clowe is taking a paycut? He is making $4M in salary this season. He has enough fans around the NHL in management positions where one of them will step up with a crazy contract which will be Clowe's final contract.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 10:18 AM
  #150
Mikos87
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 3,149
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Clowe is taking a paycut? He is making $4M in salary this season. He has enough fans around the NHL in management positions where one of them will step up with a crazy contract which will be Clowe's final contract.
Yeah and he wants to showcase his worth since he isn't getting prime ice time (Burns is playing as a top 6 winger). He may come to NY for cheap leveraging his NTC if he feels he won't get top 6 time in Boston. If he is out of shape, and thats the reason as to his dip in play, then Torts is not playing him double digit minutes a night.

I would kill for Glencross, but he would cost a considerable amount cause of his contract, but then again Feaster is a lame duck, maybe he hooks up his old boys in NY during the fire sale.

Mikos87 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:56 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.