HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[CGY/PIT] Jarome Iginla for Kenneth Agostino, Ben Hanowski, 2013 1st rounder - Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2013, 09:32 AM
emmjayb

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepty View Post
Presenting speculation as fact seems to be Aaron Wards modus operandi.
Trying to make a name for himself , he overreached.

Its a black eye for TSN whose most respected insider, Bob McKenzie, prided himself on never jumping the gun.
I feel bad for ward. He's obviously a rookie when it comes to the whole insider game and should have known that until one of the organizations confirmed Iggy had waived NMC and agreed to the deal it wasn't done. But he obviously heard from a trusted source that did believe it was done done. But TSN is not without blame. They let him go off and take his call and make the announcement. Mackenzie and producers should have verified the source and statement before letting him say it on live TV. They took a commercial break right after and immediately backtracked. They should have done that before. They are the experienced vets, no ward. He and they made a mistake. I guarantee he and they won't do that again. They all need to learn from it. But at the end of the day, who really cares. No one died. Cut the guy some slack. It's a high pressure job to be first out with news and he learned a big lesson, just like everyone does when new in a job. That's where you count on the vets to show you the ropes. And his vets let him down. I enjoy him on the panel.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:32 AM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanHortonFan View Post
Iginla royally ****ed over his franchise and the GM with his dick move.

Wants to take the easy way to the Cup, where he is simply a passenger? Alright, I hope karma never let's him win a Cup, ever.

This trade is putrid for Calgary, lol.
Since when has there been an easy way to win the cup? How has he ****ed over his franchise? he only leads them in goals, points and games played after all.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:33 AM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugene Malkin View Post
Hard decisions need made for sure, and I'm positive some won't be on that roster when it matters then.
Exactly, Martin and Orpik will be gone to make room for our young D's that will be pretty much making 875 000 for 3 years. Anyways I still think the Cap will be going up again in a few years

Old
KarmaPolice
Masterdebater

vCash: 777
Send a message via MSN to KarmaPolice
Probably been said many times, but Calgary waited too long. They trade him two years ago and they get a MUCH better return. Hung on to him too long with still only being longshots to being contenders, and now they get a return that's probably not really going to be much of a kickstart for rebuilding ("retooling") anytime soon.

Old
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking Mode View Post
At the end of the day he was still given a say since he has been the face of that franchise for his entire career. It's called respect.
thats what the originl list was for though....

Buisness is Buisness...

Feaster has more of an obligation to the franchise and the fans than too Iggy...

Old
SirPaste

vCash: 50
Quote:

Wants to take the easy way to the Cup, where he is simply a passenger? Alright, I hope karma never let's him win a Cup, ever.

Wow, bitter much?

Old
Sevren

Now Bruins can get Alfie, come on Ottawa let's make a deal!!

Old
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

Quote:

God forbid a guy who gave countless years of loyalty to decide on where he wants to be.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:34 AM
p.l.f.
mvp

why wasnt boston willing to offer a 1st rounder?
bizzarre

Old
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jones View Post
It sounds like there was a huge coincidence with certain players in both organizations being benched on the same night. From what I could see late in the game is that people put 2 and 2 together and came up with 16.
I think Feaster had offers on the table from three teams he said. Then because Iggy had a NMC, he asked him which team he wanted to go to. As Feaster said, he choose Pgh.

So why was Boston putting out this "unfortunate" info that even had some of the best hockey insiders fooled?

Old
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevren View Post
Now Bruins can get Alfie, come on Ottawa let's make a deal!!
Why the sens are out of a playoff spot?

Spezza and Anderson are coming back and Ottawa is going to give everyone in the East a hard ****ing time

Old
MD Bruins Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Someone is clearly jealous/hurt.

We can sign him easily if he takes $5m or less.
No, I can just add numbers together. What millionaire sports athletes do really don't hurt my feelings all that much.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:35 AM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Below View Post
The dude spent the prime of his career carrying the Flames... he's earned the right to play on a contender and on a line with Crosby
The Bruins won the Cup 2 years ago and are also an elite team in the East. If he'd rather be a passenger on his way to the Cup than an actual impact player (ala the Bruins) then good for him. Shows what type of player he truly is. Still hope Karma never let's him raise the Cup over his head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Magnifique 66 View Post
Wow bitter Bruins fans aren't we this morning

Didn't you guys cheer on when Ray Bourque took the easy road and won a Cup in Colorado?
Apples and Oranges. Iginla vetoed a trade to one contender in favor of another contender that can easily be seen as the easy road to the Cup. Calgary also got a laughable return as a result. After supplying the list of teams he'd go to... not many positive ways to look at Iginla after all is said and done.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:36 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD Bruins Fan View Post
No, I can just add numbers together. What millionaire sports athletes do really don't hurt my feelings all that much.
Well, you clearly can't add numbers together if you think that us being able to signing him would make the salary cap pointless. He can fit in easily.

Old
Mike Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
So why was Boston putting out this "unfortunate" info that even had some of the best hockey insiders fooled?
Again, it sounds like people on both sides (On the Flames side it probably had more to do with the media than management itself) seriously misread the tea leaves.

Old
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Still not sure how we gave up a better prospect for Brenden Morrow than Jarome Iginla. Not that I'm complaining. I guess Calgary was really stuck on forward prospects in an Iggy deal. Pens didn't have much to offer but they seemed to have let Iginla pick his team and he picked the Pens.

Agostino is considered the best Pens prospect in the NCAA. I heard assistant GM Tom Fitzgerald call him that a while back. It's not saying much since all the other really high end prospects are in junior, AHL or just breaking into the NHL like Bennett and Despres but it is a good compliment to him anyway.

Thanks for Iggy Calgary. Jump on the bandwagon and hopefully we can get him a Cup.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:37 AM
mlm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Magnifique 66 View Post
Wow bitter Bruins fans aren't we this morning

Didn't you guys cheer on when Ray Bourque took the easy road and won a Cup in Colorado?
After Samuelsson wrecked Neely, Boston was toast ...but thats just how Penguins roll

and Ray didnt choose Colorado

Last edited by mlm: 03-28-2013 at 09:42 AM.
Old
03-28-2013, 09:38 AM
Bond

Brutal return. I think Feaster didn't check with Iggy if he would actually accept a trade to Boston.

Boston had the better return.

Man, at least Iggy has a great chance of winning a cup.

Old
madmike77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jones View Post
How? He had a choice and he made it. I wish him well and hope he wins the cup.
I'm not sure I'd say "royally". The Boston offer wasn't much better - in fact if the 1st was conditional it was worse.

If Boston really wanted him they could have offered more. They didn't and they'll have to deal with it.

Old
MikeK

vCash: 8000
Quote:
The Bruins won the Cup 2 years ago and are also an elite team in the East. If he'd rather be a passenger on his way to the Cup than an actual impact player (ala the Bruins) then good for him. Shows what type of player he truly is. Still hope Karma never let's him raise the Cup over his head.

Apples and Oranges. Iginla vetoed a trade to one contender in favor of another contender that can easily be seen as the easy road to the Cup. Calgary also got a laughable return as a result. After supplying the list of teams he'd go to... not many positive ways to look at Iginla after all is said and done.

Give me a break. Talk about crying in your cornflakes.

Old
kihei

vCash: 4702
My mind is completely blown. How is it not a single reporter smelled a rat? I can't wait to find out the inside story of how the past 24 hours unfolded for Iginla. And Pittsburgh, damn, what a powerhouse.

Old
mpp9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD Bruins Fan View Post
The cap problems start after next year. I have a hard time believing Iginla is going to take a one year deal at 5 million.
The cap is going to rise back near what it is now. The league is doing just fine after the lockout. Letang/Malkin's extensions will be paid for with our cheap blue line and moving vets like Orpik and Martin.

Bennett will be a top 6 fixture on his ELC as well. Shero has set us up extremely well for the future.

Longterm, I'll bank on one of Dumoulin, Maatta, Pouliot, Harrington as a top 4 D-man for us as well. On the cheap.

Old
pspot

Literally the only way this makes sense and Feaster should keep his job is if Iggy resigns with the Flames in the offseason

Old
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Quote:
You guys got crap in the Bourque trade but at the end of the day the trade was made for 1 reason and 1 reason only. Deciding to join the Avs clearly better then anyone else he took the easy road to the Cup and i'm sure everyone in Boston was happy seeing him lift that Cup he had deserved all of his career

Old
03-28-2013, 09:39 AM
SERE 24
LGR

So... Still waiting to hear who the hell ken agostino and ben hankowski are.

Closed Thread