HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rask-Trying to get a feel for the average Bruins fan on here, please help

View Poll Results: How Many of the Goals Were Rask's Fault Tonight?
1 goal was his fault 41 24.55%
2 goals were his fault 25 14.97%
3 goals were his fault 8 4.79%
4 goals were his fault 1 0.60%
5 goals were his fault 7 4.19%
None of the goals were his fault. Bad luck and big breakdowns on D to fault 85 50.90%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-28-2013, 10:05 AM
  #101
Scotto74
First in line...
 
Scotto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Kingston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,670
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaylorJ1 View Post
They aren't same emotionally as a fan because there's a feeling of helplessness that comes with them.

In terms of value, they're virtually identical.
even more dramatic.


a goal 5 mins in give you as a player/team 55 to tie it up.

a goal in OT give's you well nothing you lose.


not equal.

__________________
Love the city, hate the Hab™


BOSTON STRONG!!!
Scotto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 10:05 AM
  #102
MTaylorJ1
Registered User
 
MTaylorJ1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotto74 View Post
no they lost in the end and a lot of it was due to Luongo's meltdowns. If he was consistant thoughout and didn't fold under the pressure the Buins would not have won the cup.

We had the goalie that was clutch thoughout they had the one that was clutch one game and folded the next. that is not elite.
If he was consistent throughout (allowed 2.5 gpg), they get swept.

MTaylorJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 10:06 AM
  #103
MTaylorJ1
Registered User
 
MTaylorJ1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotto74 View Post
even more dramatic.


a goal 5 mins in give you as a player/team 55 to tie it up.

a goal in OT give's you well nothing you lose.


not equal.
A goal in OT means you already made it through regulation tied.

A goal 5 minutes in means you're already losing and need to make up a goal just to get it into OT.

You're wrong.

MTaylorJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 10:07 AM
  #104
Scotto74
First in line...
 
Scotto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Kingston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,670
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaylorJ1 View Post
If he was consistent throughout (allowed 2.5 gpg), they get swept.
consistent clutch not consisted average.

he was clutch in the games you pointed out. If he played that way consistantly they would have had a much better chance to win. but he didn't he folded every other game. so if you make his total average consistant he is not clutch.

exactly my point thank you.

Scotto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 10:07 AM
  #105
Colt.45Orr
Registered User
 
Colt.45Orr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,524
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaylorJ1 View Post
See, that's the problem though Lou, the argument isn't collapses vs. whatever, it's do you help the team to more wins. And the answer is a resounding freaking yes.

Rask has never played behind a top 10 offense as a starter. Never. Think that has a little something to do with "collapses" i.e. your team in front of you isn't building on leads.

People ascribe the 34-0-0 thing to Timmy, but what they miss out on is when Timmy was the starter, the Bruins forwards were deep. They could roll 4 lines and pressure, pressure, pressure. Now they're hfboards patience level thin, and they're sitting back constantly trying to protect the leads that Rask has gotten them. The difference isn't the goalie and whether he can fly out of nowhere and save the team from certain doom, it's what is going on in front of them.
well said.

Colt.45Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 10:09 AM
  #106
Scotto74
First in line...
 
Scotto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Kingston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,670
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaylorJ1 View Post
A goal in OT means you already made it through regulation tied.

A goal 5 minutes in means you're already losing and need to make up a goal just to get it into OT.

You're wrong.
sorry still not the same value.


ok let me ask you this. you are in game 7 of the SCF's you have a choice. Give up one soft goal in this game. do you want it to happen in the first 5 of the game or in OT?

a simple first 5, OT or it is equal will do.

Scotto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 10:10 AM
  #107
MTaylorJ1
Registered User
 
MTaylorJ1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotto74 View Post
consistent clutch not consisted average.

he was clutch in the games you pointed out. If he played that way consistantly they would have had a much better chance to win. but he didn't he folded every other game. so if you make his total average consistant he is not clutch.

exactly my point thank you.
To expect Luongo ... to allow 0, 1, 0 for 7 games is massively unreasonable. You aren't looking for clutch, you're looking for historic. You don't have a point. You haven't this entire thread. I don't know why you keep belaboring it.

MTaylorJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 10:10 AM
  #108
MarchandNoseBest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Or Lundqvist, who in the biggest game of his life gave up 3 goals 10 minutes into the first period...then flopped around in OT.

We have seen plenty of big time statistical goalies that cannot hack the pressure of big time hockey...
In the biggest game of his life, he won a Gold medal.

I'd love to have a goalie who "can't hack it" like Henrik Lundqvist. Sign me up every day of the week.

MarchandNoseBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 10:11 AM
  #109
NastyNate17
Registered User
 
NastyNate17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fort Sam Houston
Country: United States
Posts: 2,211
vCash: 500
I fear the day he becomes an UFA, somebody is gonna pay him big money and if things with this team don't start straightening out I wouldn't blame him if he booked it cause this team has a history of leaving him out to dry

NastyNate17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 10:13 AM
  #110
Scotto74
First in line...
 
Scotto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Kingston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,670
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaylorJ1 View Post
To expect Luongo ... to allow 0, 1, 0 for 7 games is massively unreasonable. You aren't looking for clutch, you're looking for historic. You don't have a point. You haven't this entire thread. I don't know why you keep belaboring it.
sorry I disagree you have not conviced me that goals are equal no matter the timing. you can keep trying but I don't think it will happen. You brought up the specific games. I am talking about him as a goalie in genearl. It was a well known fact that while he is a great regular season goalie he is not clutch that is the point.

Scotto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 10:13 AM
  #111
MTaylorJ1
Registered User
 
MTaylorJ1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotto74 View Post
sorry still not the same value.


ok let me ask you this. you are in game 7 of the SCF's you have a choice. Give up one soft goal in this game. do you want it to happen in the first 5 of the game or in OT?

a simple first 5, OT or it is equal will do.
They are equal. A soft goal is a soft goal. Sorry. Yes, the OT goal means we lose. But it's very possible, even likely, the lack of a soft goal in the first 60 got us to OT in the first place. And that's what you're either failing to understand or can't understand.

MTaylorJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 10:14 AM
  #112
Scotto74
First in line...
 
Scotto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Kingston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,670
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaylorJ1 View Post
They are equal. A soft goal is a soft goal. Sorry. Yes, the OT goal means we lose. But it's very possible, even likely, the lack of a soft goal in the first 60 got us to OT in the first place. And that's what you're either failing to understand or can't understand.
ok one means you lose the other means you have 55 mins to make it up. They are not the same value adn that is what your either failing to understand or can't understand.

Timming matters.

Scotto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 10:15 AM
  #113
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,306
vCash: 500
Despite the anticipation of fans in New England and Quebec it wasn't a gem of a game. Only one goaltender played well: Peter Budaj. Both Rask and Price wished they had mulligans on more than one goal scored against them.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 10:15 AM
  #114
MTaylorJ1
Registered User
 
MTaylorJ1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotto74 View Post
sorry I disagree you have not conviced me that goals are equal no matter the timing. you can keep trying but I don't think it will happen. You brought up the specific games. I am talking about him as a goalie in genearl. It was a well known fact that while he is a great regular season goalie he is not clutch that is the point.
That's fine. Really, I mean I've probably wasted too much of my valuable time trying to teach you a simple concept that you're not grasping anyway. You admitting you'll never get it isn't going to make my day worse.

MTaylorJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 10:15 AM
  #115
Scotto74
First in line...
 
Scotto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Kingston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,670
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaylorJ1 View Post
That's fine. Really, I mean I've probably wasted too much of my valuable time trying to teach you a simple concept that you're not grasping anyway. You admitting you'll never get it isn't going to make my day worse.
back at you. you know what lets make a poll.

does timing of a goal matter and see what other think what do you say.

Scotto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 10:16 AM
  #116
MTaylorJ1
Registered User
 
MTaylorJ1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotto74 View Post
ok one means you lose the other means you have 55 mins to make it up. They are not the same value adn that is what your either failing to understand or can't understand.

Timming matters.
But no soft goal in regulation means you gave your team 60 minutes to WIN.

Sorry, you're wrong.

MTaylorJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 10:17 AM
  #117
MTaylorJ1
Registered User
 
MTaylorJ1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotto74 View Post
back at you. you know what lets make a poll.

does timing of a goal matter and see what other think what do you say.
Ohh really, you mean you'll poll the very rational posters of HFBoard on something that has entirely to do with fan emotions?

Sorry, don't do me any favors.

MTaylorJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 10:17 AM
  #118
Scotto74
First in line...
 
Scotto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Kingston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,670
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaylorJ1 View Post
But no soft goal in regulation means you gave your team 60 minutes to WIN.

Sorry, you're wrong.
you can keep saying sorry you're wrong that doesnt make you right.


The timing of a save as important as the number of saves.

Scotto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 10:17 AM
  #119
putabergeronthegrill
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 904
vCash: 500
not like its a big deal but I'd put the first goal on him just because of where it was placed. It wasn't really a "snipe" didn't it go in between his glove and left pad?

Regardless the rest of the goals definitely not his fault

putabergeronthegrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 10:18 AM
  #120
Scotto74
First in line...
 
Scotto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Kingston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,670
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaylorJ1 View Post
Ohh really, you mean you'll poll the very rational posters of HFBoard on something that has entirely to do with fan emotions?

Sorry, don't do me any favors.
ok no problem I wont bother we will just say your right because that is all you want to hear. Why get other opinions on a discussion board anyway.

I guess in your opinion then your opinion is not equal to others. All goals are equal no matter the timing but your opinion trumps all.

good for you

Scotto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 10:19 AM
  #121
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Kate08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Medford MA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaylorJ1 View Post
Ohh really, you mean you'll poll the very rational posters of HFBoard on something that has entirely to do with fan emotions?

Sorry, don't do me any favors.
It doesn't, though. Are you honestly telling me that you have never seen the body language of players change when a goal is allowed at an inopportune time, or resultin gin a momentum swing?

You're looking at this in a completely black and white way, when the reality is there are shades of gray all over the place.

Kate08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 10:19 AM
  #122
MTaylorJ1
Registered User
 
MTaylorJ1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotto74 View Post
you can keep saying sorry you're wrong that doesnt make you right.


The timing of a save as important as the number of saves.
No, the fact that I'm right makes me right. I'm saying it because I'm grumpy due to the fact that the slimeball Penguins got Iginla for nothing.

MTaylorJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 10:20 AM
  #123
Scotto74
First in line...
 
Scotto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Kingston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,670
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaylorJ1 View Post
No, the fact that I'm right makes me right. I'm saying it because I'm grumpy due to the fact that the slimeball Penguins got Iginla for nothing.
no your not right you 100% wrong and I bet if you poll the players they would back the opinion that timing of a goal matters.

but hell what would they know either.

Scotto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 10:21 AM
  #124
MTaylorJ1
Registered User
 
MTaylorJ1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
It doesn't, though. Are you honestly telling me that you have never seen the body language of players change when a goal is allowed at an inopportune time, or resultin gin a momentum swing?

You're looking at this in a completely black and white way, when the reality is there are shades of gray all over the place.
And you've never seen a team gain more confidence because their goalie kept them in it through the first 40 when they haven't deserved to be?

MTaylorJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 10:23 AM
  #125
MTaylorJ1
Registered User
 
MTaylorJ1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotto74 View Post
no your not right you 100% wrong and I bet if you poll the players they would back the opinion that timing of a goal matters.

but hell what would they know either.
You're trying to tell me that there can be no key saves in period 1 and period 2, that key saves can only happen late in the game, when you're winning.

That's blatantly wrong and yes, NHL players will tell you that. You're saying I'm wrong because you have no comprehension of what I'm saying.

MTaylorJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:29 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.