Notices

Iginla to Pittsburgh!!

Old
03-28-2013, 09:44 AM
Gary83*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre gagnon View Post
as a bruin fan Im glad we kept koko, he had a great year in the CHL, played in the subway series was the 2nd best russian in the world juniors and has played in the KHL against men
Cool story bro

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 09:50 AM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Pens fan here - Kenny Agostino was considered the best of the Pens NCAA prospects. I heard him called that by the Pens assistant GM a month or so ago. That's not saying much considering all the real top prospects the Pens have are in junior, AHL or just breaking into the NHL but still. He does have some upside.

Hanowski was having a good year before he suffered a concussion and cooled off a bit after returning. I think people question his speed but he apparently is a pretty good shooter.

Anyway, I'm surprised the Pens got Iggy for this return. I would have gladly paid you guys more but it ain't up to me. Hopefully the pick and prospects you did get work out.

Captain Hook is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 10:00 AM
Fleury14
Kipper

Don't know how I feel.

The Flames have drafted Gaudreau, Arnold, Gillies out of USHL/NCAA, they definitely scout the US Programs more heavily than the Flames have in the past. But these are also 3rd/4th year NCAA players, so based on typical stat progressions it's hard to predict either would ever be more than roleplayers in the NHL.

Did not like the Bruins package though with the Khoklachev (and the 'Russian factor'), a future 3rd pairing D (maybe), and a conditional 1st. At least we get a guaranteed additional 1st for this year's draft.

I thought it'd be for more of a return either way. At this point, you just have to hope for the best. It's happened.

Fleury14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 10:00 AM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 1200
Hey guys look!

The sun came up this morning after all.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 10:11 AM
Fleury14
Kipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisUlrich View Post
Hey guys, Pens fan;

Super happy to find out this morning!!!

Some Flames fans wondered over saying they were going to jump on the "Do it for Iggy" bandwagon so I posted this on there:
awesome.

Fleury14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 10:15 AM
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.

As a Pens fan I'm a little surprised by the return for Iggy but I really hope everyone pans out for you. Personally what I'm hoping for is Iginla to win his Cup this season and go back to Calgary next year. It seems weird seeing him play in any other sweater, even if it's with my team.

Dying Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 10:19 AM
Kyungnam

Hey guys. Oil fan here. I really feel for you guys. It was the same when Smyth got traded away. But I don't think iggy comes back in the summer. I think he will exhaust his talents looking for a cup and come back when he's a shell of himself to retire. But that's just my opinion

Kyungnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 10:25 AM
Hand of Gaudreau
Gaudreaubey Baker

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyungnam View Post
Hey guys. Oil fan here. I really feel for you guys. It was the same when Smyth got traded away. But I don't think iggy comes back in the summer. I think he will exhaust his talents looking for a cup and come back when he's a shell of himself to retire. But that's just my opinion
Except Smyth got traded when he wouldn't take a $100000 paycut, stupid on both sides but not the same situation, teams were fighting over Iginla and you have to think better offers were out there, the Oilers just unloaded Smyth.

Hand of Gaudreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 10:25 AM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

Jarome Iginla News Conference

Jarome Iginla will hold a news conference in Calgary today at 12:30pm et/9:30am pt to discuss his trade to Pittsburgh. Watch it LIVE on TSN and TSN.ca and listen on TSN Radio 1050, 690 and 1290.

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 10:35 AM
Sir Mango

At least the Flamers got a 1st round pick in return. The 2 minor leaguers they got are just 'fluff' and will never make the team anyways. If Iggy had gone with the B's, you'd have gotten a conditional 1st round pick and a possibility of it being wiped if he didn't choose to sign with the B's after the season.

You'll get Iginla back this summer, you'll steal the Pens 1st round pick AND Iggy gets his ring. It's not like the Flames were going to win the cup this year anyways. Right?

I'd be happy if I was a Flame fan. Be happy you got a 1st round pick at all ... those are gold. Think the Canucks will get a 1st round pick for Luongo? Fat chance ... even if Lu is an elite goaltender.

Sir Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 10:44 AM
Devilspuppet666

vCash: 250
alex tanguay looks like a lost puppy in his post game interview...

Devilspuppet666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 10:52 AM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Just out of curiosity, would you guys have preferred the package that the Stars got for Morrow? Obviously it's difference circumstances and trading Iggy was much tougher, plus you did right by him by sending him where he wanted to go, but I'm just curious.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 10:54 AM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

vCash: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilspuppet666 View Post
alex tanguay looks like a lost puppy in his post game interview...
Him and Cammy seemed genuinely down about it

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 10:55 AM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Just out of curiosity, would you guys have preferred the package that the Stars got for Morrow? Obviously it's difference circumstances and trading Iggy was much tougher, plus you did right by him by sending him where he wanted to go, but I'm just curious.
Iggy and a third for Morrow and a 5th?

No.

Iggy for Morrow and a 1st? Yes. Doubt if that was on the table though - it probably wasn't.

Old
03-28-2013, 10:57 AM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

I'm losing IQ points reading some of the stupid **** people are posting on the main boards. Good lord.

I Hate Chris Butler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 11:03 AM
Nordberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Hate Chris Butler View Post
I'm losing IQ points reading some of the stupid **** people are posting on the main boards. Good lord.
Would you care to provide some examples? I haven't been on the main board in years and see no reason to start now

Nordberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 11:04 AM
Anth93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleury14 View Post
Don't know how I feel.

The Flames have drafted Gaudreau, Arnold, Gillies out of USHL/NCAA, they definitely scout the US Programs more heavily than the Flames have in the past. But these are also 3rd/4th year NCAA players, so based on typical stat progressions it's hard to predict either would ever be more than roleplayers in the NHL.

Did not like the Bruins package though with the Khoklachev (and the 'Russian factor'), a future 3rd pairing D (maybe), and a conditional 1st. At least we get a guaranteed additional 1st for this year's draft.

I thought it'd be for more of a return either way. At this point, you just have to hope for the best. It's happened.
This is probably the most refreshing part. Feaster has made some great depth picks who look like they could be impact picks.

He's been awful at trying to win, but so was Brian Murray before he went into "rebuild" mode. Don't forget there should be a Mackinnon or Drouin in Calgary's future. Don't look at this trade, but rather the acceptance of a rebuild. Things will turn around very quickly.

Anth93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 11:07 AM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Hanowski 4 PPG in Minnesota High School.. Leading Minnesota high school scorer ever. Wish you guys the best.

Blad Meaning Gud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 11:09 AM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
Would you care to provide some examples? I haven't been on the main board in years and see no reason to start now
Some ******** Boston fan said he hoped Iginla broke his leg. Some Chicago guy thinks Feaster should have not traded Iginla out of spite.

I Hate Chris Butler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 11:22 AM
Roadrage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
I think it's highly unlikely Hanowski can make it in a bottom 6 role, He's got size but not particularly physical and while he's improved his skating it's still his biggest question mark. Hanowski's upside is a Matt Moulson type and his downside is career top 6 AHL forward. Agostino I could see working out in a 3rd line role, he hustles and battles along the board.
Awesome, all he needs then would be an elite level player that makes his linemates better ala John Tavares. Hope the Flames have one in the pipeline or able to get one in the upcoming draft.

Roadrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 11:22 AM
useless

So lets say the Penguins win the cup Jerome goes back to Calgary to finish his career and the Flames still have what they got after the rental, do you still throw your pitch forks at feaster?

useless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 11:24 AM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by useless View Post
So lets say the Penguins win the cup Jerome goes back to Calgary to finish his career and the Flames still have what they got after the rental, do you still throw your pitch forks at feaster?
No but that is a lot of ifs.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 12:14 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Mango View Post
At least the Flamers got a 1st round pick in return. The 2 minor leaguers they got are just 'fluff' and will never make the team anyways. If Iggy had gone with the B's, you'd have gotten a conditional 1st round pick and a possibility of it being wiped if he didn't choose to sign with the B's after the season.

You'll get Iginla back this summer, you'll steal the Pens 1st round pick AND Iggy gets his ring. It's not like the Flames were going to win the cup this year anyways. Right?

I'd be happy if I was a Flame fan. Be happy you got a 1st round pick at all ... those are gold. Think the Canucks will get a 1st round pick for Luongo? Fat chance ... even if Lu is an elite goaltender.
What makes you think so? Have you see them play?

Just curious.

Oilers Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 12:43 PM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers Chick View Post
What makes you think so? Have you see them play?

Just curious.
Guarantee that answer is a no. Wasn't one of the sexy prospects in the Penguins stable so naturally they must be garbage.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:53 PM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadrage View Post
Awesome, all he needs then would be an elite level player that makes his linemates better ala John Tavares. Hope the Flames have one in the pipeline or able to get one in the upcoming draft.
Moulson and Tavares work extremely well together but Moulson's a strong enough player that he'll score 20 goals on most top 6s in the league.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote