HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

One good thing at least...

Closed Thread

Old
12-24-2003, 09:42 AM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

vCash: 500
One good thing at least...

I caught most of last nights game and we really did look great when I was watching. Just couldn't put the puck on the net, but constant pressure. And MAN I was impressed with the play of Brewer and Cross.

Brewer really seems to have turned it around and is looking like a force out there. That one play where he simply skated down Donnovan on a partial break and layed the shoulder into him and still collected the puck to bring it back up ice. That is the Brewer I remember from a few years ago. Skating MILES every game, covering every inch of the ice and absolutely dominating every shift.

And Cross, carrying the puck, making moves at the blue line, pinching at the right times and never getting caught. He is playing with a lot of confidence right now and now that he is starting to be more physical he is looking great. I am liking this pick up more and more.

Old
12-24-2003, 01:23 PM
OilerMania83

On one of the penalty kills, Brewer was creaming everyone. I think it was Reinprecht and uhh...I forget the other Flamer but Brewer kept knocking them down. I was quite happy with Brewer last night. That Shean Donovan partial breakaway where Brewer put the shoulder into him was also a very good play. Hopefully Brewer will continue to play like he has the last couple games.

Old
12-24-2003, 01:41 PM
Hyped

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerMania83
On one of the penalty kills, Brewer was creaming everyone. I think it was Reinprecht and uhh...I forget the other Flamer but Brewer kept knocking them down. I was quite happy with Brewer last night. That Shean Donovan partial breakaway where Brewer put the shoulder into him was also a very good play. Hopefully Brewer will continue to play like he has the last couple games.
Wasn't Reinprecht...

Old
12-24-2003, 02:05 PM
zoidberg

Reinprechts injured.

A couple thoughts on Oilers, being at the game:

I thought Smith was great. He was a total ***** to the Flames and my section was riled up about him. He was awful chippy and eager to drop the gloves.

Laraque looked useless out there. He had like 3 shifts to my knowledge and did nothing.

Salo... I didn't think he was that bad. He didn't really have much of a chance on either goal IMO.

Oates won a lot of key faceoffs but was otherwise invisible.

Smyth.. oh boy, my section hated him. He was everywhere, bugging the **** out of Kipper and actually his antics made Kipper give him a few slashes . He was gritty and a pretty good player. As a side note someone in my section wore a Flames jersey, taped 94 on it, and taped Mullets Suck on it. I'll leave that for you guys to figure out.

Brewer was very good tonight.

Hemsky was invisible for the most part. Gauthier/Warrener creamed him as he was trying to make a fancy play. Good stuff.

They had a hilarious clip in the jumbotron too. It was obviously bashing the Oilers. There were a few segments that I recall.

Mullet in a Can - Had a man in an Oilers jersey spray stuff on his head and end up with a mother of a mullet. Hilarious.

Chimera Pet - Like a Chia pet. Chi Chi Chi Mera. Also funny.

Pet Laraques - Like a Pet Rock. Funniest one IMO. Had a rock with googley eyes just running into things and used as a doorstop.

Last one was a 5 hole from Tommy Salo. Had pads on each post and then a big gap. Some more punchline that I forgot. It was pretty great.

The Oilers bench wasn't very happy about it. It occured right after the 2nd goal IIRC and I don't think they found it as funny as we did.

Old
12-24-2003, 03:03 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Laraque had the flu and shouldn't even have played.

12-24-2003, 03:07 PM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
was harvey the hound anywhere nearby?

Old
12-24-2003, 03:32 PM
OilerMania83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyped
Wasn't Reinprecht...
I don't know why I was thinking reinprecht...I knew he was injured too ..

Is there a Flamer called Betts? Coulda been him...if not I'm completly retarded.

Old
12-24-2003, 03:41 PM
Cujo_31

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerMania83

Is there a Flamer called Betts? Coulda been him...if not I'm completly retarded.

yeah..Blair Betts is on the flames

Old
12-24-2003, 03:44 PM
Allan

He didn't play last night either, due to injury, I believe.

Old
12-24-2003, 06:52 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg
Reinprechts injured.

A couple thoughts on Oilers, being at the game:

I thought Smith was great. He was a total ***** to the Flames and my section was riled up about him. He was awful chippy and eager to drop the gloves.

Laraque looked useless out there. He had like 3 shifts to my knowledge and did nothing.

Salo... I didn't think he was that bad. He didn't really have much of a chance on either goal IMO.

Oates won a lot of key faceoffs but was otherwise invisible.

Smyth.. oh boy, my section hated him. He was everywhere, bugging the **** out of Kipper and actually his antics made Kipper give him a few slashes . He was gritty and a pretty good player. As a side note someone in my section wore a Flames jersey, taped 94 on it, and taped Mullets Suck on it. I'll leave that for you guys to figure out.

Brewer was very good tonight.

Hemsky was invisible for the most part. Gauthier/Warrener creamed him as he was trying to make a fancy play. Good stuff.

They had a hilarious clip in the jumbotron too. It was obviously bashing the Oilers. There were a few segments that I recall.

Mullet in a Can - Had a man in an Oilers jersey spray stuff on his head and end up with a mother of a mullet. Hilarious.

Chimera Pet - Like a Chia pet. Chi Chi Chi Mera. Also funny.

Pet Laraques - Like a Pet Rock. Funniest one IMO. Had a rock with googley eyes just running into things and used as a doorstop.

Last one was a 5 hole from Tommy Salo. Had pads on each post and then a big gap. Some more punchline that I forgot. It was pretty great.

The Oilers bench wasn't very happy about it. It occured right after the 2nd goal IIRC and I don't think they found it as funny as we did.

Yeah, Smith has been great all year, at this rate we won't be able to afford him next summer

Old
12-24-2003, 07:12 PM
kraigus

Send a message via ICQ to kraigus Send a message via MSN to kraigus
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabi_sultan
was harvey the hound anywhere nearby?
He almost took a header, I think in the second, looked like he tripped going up the steps. He didn't go anywhere near the Oilers bench though, although some loudmouth right behind the penalty box was giving Jason Smith a hard time on one of his trips there.

Old
12-25-2003, 07:07 AM
Yanner39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky83
Laraque had the flu and shouldn't even have played.
Flu or not, I can think of a few players that should be playing instead of Laraque.

Old
12-25-2003, 07:25 AM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

exactly doctor. laraque has been invisible and pretty much useless most of the year.

Old
12-25-2003, 07:35 AM
Hemmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. van Nostrin
Flu or not, I can think of a few players that should be playing instead of Laraque.
I'd sooner dress Risto Siltanen.

Old
12-25-2003, 02:16 PM
copperaddict

Could it be time to give Rita and Salmelain a shot?Rita is working his ass off in the minors!

Closed Thread