HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 5.0

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2013, 09:33 AM
WeThreeKings

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Poirier and Carrier in the 2nd round would make the draft successful for me.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:47 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Poirier and Carrier in the 2nd round would make the draft successful for me.
Yeah getting those 2 would be nice. I think Carrier might still be there in the 3rd though...

Old
03-28-2013, 09:50 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Zykov is gonna go before the 20s.
He may sneak to our pick because of the Russian factor. I'm not sure MB would draft him. I see Mb wanting a Hartman/Rychel type.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:13 AM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
He may sneak to our pick because of the Russian factor. I'm not sure MB would draft him. I see Mb wanting a Hartman/Rychel type.
If we take Rychel over Zykov you will all see me burst in tears.

Zykov is ranked about 15-18 ATM, he'll go 18-25. I don't think he can fall down to the second round, so he will not be there when we pick(Or we will pick him)

See what I did there

Old
03-28-2013, 11:19 AM
WeThreeKings

If we pick late 1st.. I don't mind taking Rychel there.. even if he only becomes a 20 goal scorer who can drop the mitts, that's valuable.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:21 AM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
If we pick late 1st.. I don't mind taking Rychel there.. even if he only becomes a 20 goal scorer who can drop the mitts, that's valuable.
That could very well be what Lazar becomes too, and I'd rather take a flyer on him than Rychel.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:22 AM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
That could very well be what Lazar becomes too, and I'd rather take a flyer on him than Rychel.
I'd rather take a flyer on Lazar than most of the players in this draft. He's going to play in the NHL and he's going to make an impact. Book this please.

Rychel is a floater who just benefits from better players.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:26 AM
Nitehowl

Quote:
I get the feeling Lazar is one that doesn't do any thing great ..just good to average in all skillsets...doesn't have great size either...would rather take a chance on someone with a higher ceiling in the 1st round

Old
03-28-2013, 11:34 AM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehowl View Post
I get the feeling Lazar is one that doesn't do any thing great ..just good to average in all skillsets...doesn't have great size either...would rather take a chance on someone with a higher ceiling in the 1st round
He scored 38 goals as a 17 year old in the WHL playing 2nd line minutes. I would say his scoring tool is very good.

BTW, Lazar and the Oil Kings will be on TV tomorrow night as Sportsnet is showing Game 5 of their series vs Kootenay.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:34 AM
Mrb1p

Quote:
I get the feeling you havent watched the kid.

Hockey IQ is elite for starters.
Compete level is off the charts.
He's an outstanding leader(AT 18)
And yes offensively and Defensively he does it all right. He's a jack of all trades kind of guy. I don't think it's bad at all.

What type of player are you looking at ? A very lite version of Crosby(Again not skillwise but the way they play.)

Isnt that enough? He's 6' 190 at 18 years. He has room to grow. (Keep in mind that a guy like Prust isnt all that much bigger.)

Old
03-28-2013, 11:38 AM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
I don't see Lazar falling to us.. but yes, I'll take Lazar first.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:53 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoteshot View Post
Was in Sherbrooke yesterday for the 4th Baie-Comeau/Sherbrooke game. Sherbrooke played one of the worst games I've seen live, yet it was only 2-1 Drakkar after 2 (before Sherbrooke started to take dumb penalties in the 3rd). Ended 5-2, but the shots were something like 40-17. Chouinard (Sherbrooke's goalie) was just great, allowing only 2 goals ES and keeping the team in a game they had no business being in.

Individual reviews:
-Liked Zykov's game, was really dangerous on the PP, he is big too! His line with Straka and Bussières on the PP was just too much to handle for Sherbrooke. Don't know if I'd take him first round, but early second sounds good for him.
-I liked what I saw from Jeremy Gregoire, don't know where he is slotted for the draft, but I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on him in later rounds. He is fast, but really seems smart with and without the puck, always in good position, had some quality chances too.
-I know he was drafted already, but since he was on some wanted lists here, I'll talk about him… I thought Bussière has a great game and will be for sure an NHLer. He is stocky, plays with an edge (maybe a little too much yesterday, considering the score and opponent) and very strong on the puck.
-Daniel Audette will never amount to anything.
Grégoire plays with a chip on his shoulder in Sherbrooke, being an hometown boy.

I think you're being harsh on Audette. It wasn't an easy situation for him. At the U-17, he was the most talented Q player, and the only better player there for the team was Aubé-Kubel, who plays a more mature game already. 16 year olds that play on a first line are a rare breed.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:58 AM
Nitehowl

Quote:
I get the feeling you havent watched the kid.

Hockey IQ is elite for starters.
Compete level is off the charts.
He's an outstanding leader(AT 18)
And yes offensively and Defensively he does it all right. He's a jack of all trades kind of guy. I don't think it's bad at all.

What type of player are you looking at ? A very lite version of Crosby(Again not skillwise but the way they play.)

Isnt that enough? He's 6' 190 at 18 years. He has room to grow. (Keep in mind that a guy like Prust isnt all that much bigger.)
I just get the feeling that he will be another Leblanc type player ...average size, does a little of everything etc etc ... so a 3rd line player basically

Old
03-28-2013, 12:04 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
If Lazar's upside is 2nd line winger or #3 center I prefer gambling on a higher upside in a draft as deep as this.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:06 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
He scored 38 goals as a 17 year old in the WHL playing 2nd line minutes. I would say his scoring tool is very good.

BTW, Lazar and the Oil Kings will be on TV tomorrow night as Sportsnet is showing Game 5 of their series vs Kootenay.
Thanks for the heads up.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:07 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
I just get the feeling that he will be another Leblanc type player ...average size, does a little of everything etc etc ... so a 3rd line player basically
So many wrong in this.

How is Leblanc only a 3rd liner ?
Oh and theres a difference where Lazar is also able to fight with most of the people. He'll be worth a lot. Look at guys like Iggy, Clowe, Morrow. He's that kind of player. Every one wants them.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:20 PM
Nitehowl

Quote:
So many wrong in this.

Oh and theres a difference where Lazar is also able to fight with most of the people. He'll be worth a lot. Look at guys like Iggy, Clowe, Morrow. He's that kind of player. Every one wants them.
he is 6' 190lbs ..how is he gonna fight with everyone?? and to compare him to an Iggy ,Morrow, Clowe doesn't make any sense..those guys are physical guys that played wing in junior and NHL ..... not sure about Clowe in junior but Iggy and Morrow were dominant physically and in scoring in junior...i don't see anything similiar from Lazar ...JMHO

Old
03-28-2013, 12:20 PM
Nitehowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
If Lazar's upside is 2nd line winger or #3 center I prefer gambling on a higher upside in a draft as deep as this.
this

Old
03-28-2013, 12:23 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
he is 6' 190lbs ..how is he gonna fight with everyone?? and to compare him to an Iggy ,Morrow, Clowe doesn't make any sense..those guys are physical guys that played wing in junior and NHL ..... not sure about Clowe in junior but Iggy and Morrow were dominant physically and in scoring in junior...i don't see anything similiar from Lazar ...JMHO
That's why I said that.. The guy is dominant physically and he's scoring...
This proves overall you don't watch him.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:28 PM
Nitehowl

Quote:
That's why I said that.. The guy is dominant physically and he's scoring...
This proves overall you don't watch him.
No I haven't seen him play ..I am just basing everything on what i have read.....how many times have you seen him play??

Old
03-28-2013, 12:32 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
No I haven't seen him play ..I am just basing everything on what i have read.....how many times have you seen him play??
Around 10 times with Edmonton, he plays tomorrow I suggest you watch him.

You shouldn't base yourself on a player you never watched. It gives people bad reviews on players.

If you ever want to know more about a prospect I think it's safe to say someone will help you in this thread, just don't go and say things about players you never really watched.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:19 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Around 10 times with Edmonton, he plays tomorrow I suggest you watch him.

You shouldn't base yourself on a player you never watched. It gives people bad reviews on players.

If you ever want to know more about a prospect I think it's safe to say someone will help you in this thread, just don't go and say things about players you never really watched.
I've watched him play 20 times or so and I'm on the fence about him. If we are drafting 25th or so it almost becomes an automatic pick (he'll probably go higher) if he's available but there are other players I'd rather have.

I think Doan would be a comparable player and one if I remember correctly, MB wanted him as a Hab.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:51 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
I would like to see the Habs draft one of Justin Bailey,Ryan Hartman or Curtis Lazar in the 1st.Then William Carrier,Laurent Dauphin and Johnathan Diaby in the 2nd rd.,then Samuel Morin and Nick Moutrey in the 3rd rd. The Habs need some bigger,nastier players on defence and offence,plus some really good talent.In the 5th rd get John Hayden or Tyler Hill or Nick Betz,if they can get these three as their 5th,6th and 7th round picks.Finally giving the system some muscle,so other teams don't take liberties with our players.This also gives the team Power Forwards in depth for years to come.

Old
03-28-2013, 02:35 PM
zaluty

I would like the Habs to draft Kujawinski in the second and Moutrey in the 3rd. Big and skilled forwards.

Old
03-28-2013, 02:36 PM
HCH

Quote:
So many wrong in this.

Even that might be optimistic when you look at the Habs depth chart

Closed Thread