HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Oilers taking calls on Ales Hemsky

Old
03-28-2013, 11:17 AM
Bryanbryoil
Magician

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ds246pit View Post
The big deal is he is signed at 5 million next season and with the cap going down, guys without expiring contracts actually have LESS value to most of the teams competing for the cup.

The only teams right now looking to add 5 million (non-elite dollars) on next year's cap who are in the playoff hunt might be someone like the Islanders who are way under next season as it is. I can't see teams like Boston, Chicago, LA, wanting to commit that much money to a guy like Hemsky with the cap dropping almost 7 million next year
You realize that with the new CBA that the Oilers could eat some of him cap hit right? Say one of those teams come to you and say that you get a B prospect and a 2nd because of his contract and you tell then that you'll eat $2 million of it if they bump that to a 1st rounder and a B prospect, IMO you eat that salary and get the better assets.

03-28-2013, 11:19 AM
jokerboysmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
Why do Bruins fans feel that Bartowksi has any value? Whitney's not worth much but he is worth more than a 25 year old AHL defenseman. The Barons don't need another 2nd pairing defenseman. Could take a flyer on Caron for Whitney.

Khokhlachev is another small skilled forward that would never crack the top 6 in Edmonton. Even with Hemsky gone-
Hall-RNH-Eberle
Paajarvi-Gagner-Yakupov

Khokhlachev would be heading back to the KHL
Just saying, this is all the B's are likley offering (Based on rumors to date and yesterdsays debacile)
Edmonton is better off trading with L.A. or perhaps Montreal...

jokerboysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 11:23 AM
Ovechking

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerboysmith View Post
Just saying, this is all the B's are likley offering (Based on rumors to date and yesterdsays debacile)
Edmonton is better off trading with L.A. or perhaps Montreal...
What does Montreal have to offer for Hemsky? And don't say Lars Eller because we've technically still got Omark's rights and they are the same human being (still waiting for confirmation on that).

Ovechking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 11:27 AM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechking View Post
What does Montreal have to offer for Hemsky? And don't say Lars Eller because we've technically still got Omark's rights and they are the same human being (still waiting for confirmation on that).
Are you...serious.

The Habs would be complete morons to trade Eller for Hemsky. And the fact you think Eller is identical to Omark is probably the most ridiculous thing I've read on this forum in a good long time.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 11:28 AM
Patch101

Send a message via ICQ to Patch101 Send a message via AIM to Patch101 Send a message via Yahoo to Patch101
Easily the most under-rated player in the league. Hemsky looks more like the player he was before the injury that has cause him many problems. Surgery and the long break looks to have fixed it. Hemsky is one the few guys in the league who can make Defenceman pay and look stupid. I'd be fine with keeping him in Edm, but the problem here is TOO MANY skilled players, we need sandpaper.

Patch101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 11:28 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

If teams want Hemsky, pay the price, because nothing is pushing the Oilers to trade him and if you don't like the price walk away. Remember this there is a team that will be willing to pay the price just to get into the playoffs and win the cup.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 11:30 AM
Reign Nateo

Quote:
WTF they are nothing alike... Oilers would be laughing if they got Eller for Hemsky.

Reign Nateo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 11:31 AM
Robert Theodorson

Hemsky may not be worth the money but Edmonton has plenty of cap room and moving one of the veteran guys on a team made up of basically kids is not a good move.

Unless you purposely want to lose more games, then by all means...

Robert Theodorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 11:33 AM
Reign Nateo

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
If teams want Hemsky, pay the price, because nothing is pushing the Oilers to trade him and if you don't like the price walk away. Remember this there is a team that will be willing to pay the price just to get into the playoffs and win the cup.
Sure, but are there teams that beleive Hemsky will make an impact in the playoffs? Hard to say. I don't blame Edmonton for keeping the asking price high, but as long as it is, he'll be an Oiler.

Production, injury and grit issues plague him an his value. That's not someone you give up a 1st for to make a playoff run. That's like saying you want your team to pay the moon to get Sergei Kostitsyn to lead you into the playoffs...

A gritty team with some scoring issues may have some interest near the price the Oilers potentally are asking, that's about it.

Reign Nateo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 11:34 AM
LolClarkson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds246pit View Post
The big deal is he is signed at 5 million next season and with the cap going down, guys without expiring contracts actually have LESS value to most of the teams competing for the cup.

The only teams right now looking to add 5 million (non-elite dollars) on next year's cap who are in the playoff hunt might be someone like the Islanders who are way under next season as it is. I can't see teams like Boston, Chicago, LA, wanting to commit that much money to a guy like Hemsky with the cap dropping almost 7 million next year
Do you think Jeff Carter is elite ? Because he's not. And he has a 10 year contract. Yet he was traded 2 times.

You cant ask for better term then Hemsky's deal.

LolClarkson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 11:40 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo View Post
Sure, but are there teams that beleive Hemsky will make an impact in the playoffs? Hard to say. I don't blame Edmonton for keeping the asking price high, but as long as it is, he'll be an Oiler.

Production, injury and grit issues plague him an his value. That's not someone you give up a 1st for to make a playoff run. That's like saying you want your team to pay the moon to get Sergei Kostitsyn to lead you into the playoffs...

A gritty team with some scoring issues may have some interest near the price the Oilers potentally are asking, that's about it.
I agree, nothing is pushing the Oilers to trade him. I do disagree with you about Hemsky's questionable grit, I cannot remember who said it, but he said the Hemsky would go into areas that he would even think of going.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 11:56 AM
ds246pit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
You realize that with the new CBA that the Oilers could eat some of him cap hit right? Say one of those teams come to you and say that you get a B prospect and a 2nd because of his contract and you tell then that you'll eat $2 million of it if they bump that to a 1st rounder and a B prospect, IMO you eat that salary and get the better assets.
True, but i believe that the argument prompting this reply was "why should the Oilers pay part of his salary when it is only a 1.5 million contract". Having them pay a portion defeats the point of the initial argument of it not being that big of a deal that he signed next year at 5 million.

ds246pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 12:22 PM
zeus3007*

If we trade Hemsky, I hope its for a good d-man, or a Rich Peverly type. No more prospects please.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 12:27 PM
Buckets and Gloves
#NotMyBruinsGm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeSpeedBackstrom View Post
Hemsky may not be worth the money but Edmonton has plenty of cap room and moving one of the veteran guys on a team made up of basically kids is not a good move.

Unless you purposely want to lose more games, then by all means...
remember this IS Edmonton we are talking about...

Buckets and Gloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 12:31 PM
MCDAVIDISH

vCash: 50
Quote:
This has to be the most ill informed lost I have read...... Don't embarrass Oilet fans like that.

MCDAVIDISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 12:58 PM
kypredsfan
Smashville Subban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Blum looked a lot better this year in Nashville than he did last year and in the AHL when I saw him this year IMO. Josi is now a pipe dream, that kid is one hell of a hockey player!
Yes, Blum is now playing really well. Maybe being showcased? He definitely has a future in the nhl at the minimum of a bottom 6/ pp guy. With the cap going down next year and Ales making 5mil, I don't think it's too unrealistic to think of a blum/Hemsky swap. Makes sense and edmonton might as well try something to change their recent trends. Ellis I think is off the table for now. Still very high hopes/ceiling.

And you are correct on Josi, he is untouchable. We tried telling everyone last year but no one wanted to listen.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 01:03 PM
kypredsfan
Smashville Subban

Quote:

That's exactly Nashville. I'm torn on whether I want Hemsky or not. He's only signed for one more year. But on the plus side, that's 1 year to get a deal hammered down. hmmm

Old
03-28-2013, 01:20 PM
BarDownBobo

vCash: 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
That's exactly Nashville. I'm torn on whether I want Hemsky or not. He's only signed for one more year. But on the plus side, that's 1 year to get a deal hammered down. hmmm
Hemmer and Nashville just seem to be a match for some reason. I'd love to get Ellis on Edm, but I think it would take more than just 83.

BarDownBobo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 01:27 PM
kypredsfan
Smashville Subban

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarDownBobo View Post
Hemmer and Nashville just seem to be a match for some reason. I'd love to get Ellis on Edm, but I think it would take more than just 83.
That's why I think Blum would be the guy. Actually, Blum is playing better right now anyways.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:29 PM
Chfan

Quote:
Please watch some Habs games...

Chfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 01:34 PM
Evets 81

I hope Hemsky gets traded this year. I feel his time in Edmonton is about done. Good player with a lot of skill, but from my perspective, he doesn't seem to have the greatest work ethic or attitude sometimes.

In my opinion, the ideal return would include a 2nd line LW with size, which would make the top-6 a bit bigger and tougher, and also open a spot for Yakupov to play on the RW for the 2nd line now or in the near future.

If we were to trade for a defenseman, it would have to be an established one who has already made an impact in the NHL. We have enough young defenders with potential, and also enough defenesemen on the NHL team. The trade should be sending one of the Oilers current defensemen out as well. Whitney seems to be a likely candidate to move elsewhere, so that could help free up a spot for whoever would be acquired.

Evets 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 02:12 PM
stoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chfan View Post
Please watch some Habs games...
Do people not understand jokes?

stoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 02:39 PM
Slatsmsg

Quote:
WTF they are nothing alike... Oilers would be laughing if they got Eller for Hemsky.
Ummmm...no

Slatsmsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 02:45 PM
sansabri
Pepsi = Peace?

Montreal is looking for the same thing the Oilers are - grit. if we had a need for skill upfront, we'd be all over Hemsky. but we don't.

sansabri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 02:54 PM
oilexport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
Give me a break. That was 7 years ago with many games lost do to injury since. He's a career -31. Those 2 seasons where he had his playoff stats padded just happen to be the years that Pronger was around and almost single handily won the oilers a cup. If Hemsky was a playoff game changer like you claim he'd have been gone years ago when the Oil started first shopping him. This tip is free.
In a dozen years in the NHL Hemsky missed 3/4 of one season and 1/4 of another, thats basically it.

Hemsky has played on a non-playoff team for a few years and when your the teams best player and the trade deadline comes, talk heats up.

If the Oilers don't get a B+ prospect that fits our needs, I would not trade him. He's a game changer that has consistency problems like many other top players.

Your out to lunch and don't know what your talking about. Any smart hockey mind knows Hemsky is a very good player.

oilexport is offline   Reply With Quote