HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

David Desharnais - Black or White Edition

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2013, 10:54 AM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

vCash: 500
So much stupidity and negativity and bashing of our own players in this thread... I'm ashame to be a Habs fan everytime I come here.

Wake up guys. The Habs are one of the best team in the NHL this year, and not later than yesterday, they beat the hard hitting big bad Bruins once again, and yes, DD is part of that success, no matter if you like it or not.

But apparently, you dislike it a lot, to a point were it becomes a dangerous obessive fixation. If you dislike the team having that success with its current players, and if you dislike the players that make this team win that much, well I'm sure that other fanbases would be happy to add some more fans, no matter how bad they are.

But please, this circus has to end. You make this fanbase look crazy. If you're not happy, you can always GTFO.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:19 AM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
So much stupidity and negativity and bashing of our own players in this thread... I'm ashame to be a Habs fan everytime I come here.

Wake up guys. The Habs are one of the best team in the NHL this year, and not later than yesterday, they beat the hard hitting big bad Bruins once again, and yes, DD is part of that success, no matter if you like it or not.

But apparently, you dislike it a lot, to a point were it becomes a dangerous obessive fixation. If you dislike the team having that success with its current players, and if you dislike the players that make this team win that much, well I'm sure that other fanbases would be happy to add some more fans, no matter how bad they are.

But please, this circus has to end. You make this fanbase look crazy. If you're not happy, you can always GTFO.
DD was a total non-factor in this game how can you say he's part of the success

It's not about liking or disliking anyone. It's about doing whats best for the team.

If you're a boss of a company and you hire all your friends to work with you I assure you it will not go well with atleast one of them 75% of the time. Hockey is a business, it's all about finding whats best for your team.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:21 AM
Cyclones Rock

DD's save percentage while at ES is .868 this season vs. .919 last season. That is plain fluky.

His defensive coverage is generally decent. I look at all the replays of goals against and he has not been the "at fault" guy all that often.

He and Pacioretty need to be split on the PP.

Pacioretty is an interesting case. He's only got 2 PP goals this year and of his 44 goals over the past 2 seasons, only 8 have come on the PP. As prolific a scorer that he is ES, he's a very mundane PP producer.

Last season, DD's split on points was 40 ES/20 PP. This season it's 15 ES/4 PP. His ES scoring is about the same (.45ppg vs. .49 ppg) but the PP is down sharply (.12ppg vs .25 ppg).

DD's PP production has been as low as it could possibly have been this season. It's an aberration; not a trend. Plus, Subban has had such a great streak on the PP this season that all of the play is (rightfully) geared toward him.

DD-after his slow start-has been ok this year. Cole's performance negatively impacted DD's productivity this season, but DD's ES point production rate will likely be the equivalent of last season's. His PP production will rise sharply in due course.

He'll be a 60 point producer when the next full season comes.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:22 AM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
DD was a total non-factor in this game how can you say he's part of the success
He got the takeaway that leaded to the 4th goal and brought hope back. How can you say he was a "total non factor"???

Old
03-28-2013, 11:28 AM
Mrb1p

Quote:
He got the takeaway that leaded to the 4th goal and brought hope back. How can you say he was a "total non factor"???
Right.. He got the take away. more like it bounced on him by pure luck, but youre right.

He was also a total non-factor when he gave up 3 goals.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:35 AM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

Quote:
Right.. He got the take away. more like it bounced on him by pure luck, but youre right.

Yes of course, everything he does good is nothing but "pure luck", even the takeaways. You guys are unbelievable... At least you should have the common sense to recognize when a player you hate makes a good play that leads to a dramatic win against our greatest rival. But no, no credit. The Habs might have won by accident, after all. It must be painful to be a fan like you.

Had this same play been made by Eller, I'm sure he would be crowned as a hero, his fans would post 18 one-line messages in a row in the GDT saying "Eller is a monster", and the title of the PGT would probably make a reference to it. But hey, DD made that play, so it's probably just pure luck. Actually, it can ONLY be pure luck to make the "he's a non-factor theory" stands. Don't let facts get in the way of opinions!

Last edited by DDs not undersized: 03-28-2013 at 11:41 AM.
Old
03-28-2013, 11:40 AM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Yes of course, everything he does good is nothing but "pure luck", even the takeaways. You guys are unbelievable... At least you should have the common sense to recognize when a player you hate makes a good play that leads to a dramatic win against our greatest rival. But no, no credit. The Habs might have won by accident, after all. It must be painful to be a fan like you.
He did good, you're right he was totally awesome that game.

Let's get real, DD did not play well yesterday, neither did he play well in the last 10 or so games. It's all that matters. If this guy's name was Andrei Kostitsyn he would be the scapegoat.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:47 AM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

Quote:
He did good, you're right he was totally awesome that game.

Let's get real, DD did not play well yesterday, neither did he play well in the last 10 or so games. It's all that matters. If this guy's name was Andrei Kostitsyn he would be the scapegoat.
And I never said he was awesome that game. I don't wear any pink colored glasses. But he made an important play that led to a very crucial goal, and we have to give credit where credit is due. But I'm not scared to say that him and Pacioretty are pretty invisible since 6 or 7 games.

Having balanced opinions is not a crime, you know.

Last edited by DDs not undersized: 03-28-2013 at 11:52 AM.
Old
03-28-2013, 12:17 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
And I never said he was awesome that game. I don't wear any pink colored glasses. But he made an important play that led to a very crucial goal, and we have to give credit where credit is due. But I'm not scared to say that him and Pacioretty are pretty invisible since 6 or 7 games.

Having balanced opinions is not a crime, you know.
I can give credit where its due. But DD doesnt deserve much lately.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:26 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:

Had this same play been made by Eller, I'm sure he would be crowned as a hero, his fans would post 18 one-line messages in a row in the GDT saying "Eller is a monster", and the title of the PGT would probably make a reference to it. But hey, DD made that play, so it's probably just pure luck. Actually, it can ONLY be pure luck to make the "he's a non-factor theory" stands. Don't let facts get in the way of opinions!
Ah yes, don't let the fact that eller made an equal (if not better) play on the goal subban scored and yet his thread is where? On page 4. No bumps in a long time. No mention of him in the GDT thread title either. So there goes your little theory.

facts, indeed.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:31 PM
Et le But

Where does Plekanec fall in this conspiracy? Considering he was our best center by a longshot last night, and only was talked about briefly immediately after both Ryder goals that he set up.

Did fans think he was Desharnais? Or is was it part of the great Eller fanboy conspiracy?

Old
03-28-2013, 12:39 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Like I said before, DD is more effective than Gionta or Gallagher on the PP. DD hasn't produced on the PP, but not many have. Our PP is pretty one dimensional now.

I'm all for adding Eller though. I think he'd be able to keep the puck in a lot better than most of our team.
More effective is a stretch. Both Gionta and Desharnais are wasting their 3 min/game on the PP. One can argue Gionta has scored 3 PPG but doesn't change that both have both have a hand on only 4 PPGs each.

Gallagher is interesting case though, he has an intriguing net presence. Pacioretty/Plekanec/Ryder are PP locks based on being the only forwards with half decent production.

Unit 1 - Ryder - Plekanec - Pacioretty
Unit 2 - (Gallagher/DD/Gionta/Bourque) - Eller - Galchenyuk

I don't understand why Galchenyuk is getting the Eller treatment...even Seguin averaged more PP time in his rookie season on a cup winning team.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:42 PM
Et le But

I wouldn't mind seeing Pacioretty with Plekanec and Ryder on the power play, could break him out of his funk.

Or even Desharnais, though that would make Desharnais the net presence.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:46 PM
Mrb1p

Gallagher is really effective on the PP, his play along the boards, behind the net and in front of the net is better than most on this team.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:47 PM
Habs Junkie

The fact is 29 other GM's would of went with Pleks-Eller-Gallchenyuk at this point down the middle. Maybe picked up another center with size, and some defensive abilities. But only in Montreal would a player like DD still be getting the royal treatment and a fresh new contract extension.

He's played ok in about half the games this year (and that's being generous) and the other half has been a no show. What makes me laugh is people calling out Paccioretty now. First Cole, now him, for sure Gallagher will be next.

I look at our healthy roster, and it's obvious that DD is the weak link and the one I'd try and expose if I was the opposition. And that's regular season. Can you imagine the playoffs, when teams will be studying our whole lineup?

Old
03-28-2013, 01:17 PM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Ah yes, don't let the fact that eller made an equal (if not better) play on the goal subban scored and yet his thread is where? On page 4. No bumps in a long time. No mention of him in the GDT thread title either. So there goes your little theory.

facts, indeed.
There was no bump on Eller's thread because nobody felt the need to say that he was a non-factor during that game, unlike DD.

But Eller's pass (it was not a takeaway) happened on the 2nd goal, which was not as crucial as the 4th goal in that game. That doesn't remove him any credit, but that explains why his fanboys were not extatic. If Eller had a takeaway on the 4th goal, do you seriously believe that many people would call him a non-factor in that game? No, he would get the credit for it and it would be normal.

Anyway, what's wrong with this fanbase? Why is it so hard to give a some credit to DD for that 4th goal??? We just beat the big bad Bruins, for god sake! Should we not be happy with the players performances??? Why do people feel the need to hit on DD once again??

I don't know for you, but personally, I'll give credit to any player who helps the Habs to beat the Bruins, no matter if he's not my fave.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:21 PM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Junkie View Post
The fact is 29 other GM's would of went with Pleks-Eller-Gallchenyuk at this point down the middle.
If the History of the misusage of words was documented, I think the misusage of the word "fact" here would be an historical highlight. (unless you interviewed yourself the 29 other GMs)

But here's a fact : There's 26 GMs in the NHL right now who need to look up in the standings to see where the Habs are, and who wonder what exactly has MB done so well.

Last edited by DDs not undersized: 03-28-2013 at 01:27 PM.
Old
03-28-2013, 01:25 PM
Manix58

The Habs have more depth than 90% of the league...I love how they play their cards....nothing but upwards thanks to Bergevin.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:27 PM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Junkie View Post
The fact is 29 other GM's would of went with Pleks-Eller-Gallchenyuk at this point down the middle. Maybe picked up another center with size, and some defensive abilities. But only in Montreal would a player like DD still be getting the royal treatment and a fresh new contract extension.

He's played ok in about half the games this year (and that's being generous) and the other half has been a no show. What makes me laugh is people calling out Paccioretty now. First Cole, now him, for sure Gallagher will be next.

I look at our healthy roster, and it's obvious that DD is the weak link and the one I'd try and expose if I was the opposition. And that's regular season. Can you imagine the playoffs, when teams will be studying our whole lineup?
I'm pretty critical of DD at center ice- I don't think he belongs there. He doesn't have the two way play to play center, nor the size. But he is an asset on the wing where he doesn't have to mark centers that are much bigger than him in his own zone and he can mark higher up to cover defensemen. And we're not Boston with two big wingers on the top two lines.

I've been saying since last year that we should be looking long term at a line of Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Desharnais. If Patches and DD do have the chemistry, that line has two scorers and a set up man. It doesn't matter if the winger is more pass first. Though you may put them on your off wing.

It's not that I bash DD. It's just so glaringly obvious that if we want to compete for a Cup, he can't be centering one of your top two lines.

Have you ever heard of a Stanley Cup winner that has to shelter one of their top two centerman? I haven't. And I see no problem in being able to shift anybody around in the lineup. Nobody is entitled to their position if it's for the betterment of the team. That's more where my disdain comes from because people have anointed him as a centerman and the mere talk of shifting him around is a sin.

Why do we have to put DD on the wing?

Well why did we have to play Weber on the fourth line? Why is Ryder playing on the left wing, not the right? Why does Eller have to shift to wing?

Anybody and everybody is a candidate to be shifted around. That's the start and end of it for me. And when people have a problem with that, they're biased. That's all there is to it.

Last edited by Ginu: 03-28-2013 at 01:36 PM.
Old
03-28-2013, 01:30 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:

gave up 3 goals? what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post

facts, indeed.
To be fair, the same can be said for when Eller screws up that his thread doesn't get bumped.

Desharnais has a Price like situation to him. Most fans like Eller.

DD (and Price) have extreme haters and extreme lovers and not many people who meet in the middle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
More effective is a stretch. Both Gionta and Desharnais are wasting their 3 min/game on the PP. One can argue Gionta has scored 3 PPG but doesn't change that both have both have a hand on only 4 PPGs each.

Gallagher is interesting case though, he has an intriguing net presence. Pacioretty/Plekanec/Ryder are PP locks based on being the only forwards with half decent production.

Unit 1 - Ryder - Plekanec - Pacioretty
Unit 2 - (Gallagher/DD/Gionta/Bourque) - Eller - Galchenyuk

I don't understand why Galchenyuk is getting the Eller treatment...even Seguin averaged more PP time in his rookie season on a cup winning team.
Desharnais was better on the PP when he either 1) got the puck (he rarely does now) or 2) played the net presence (which is weird considering he's a big as my large toe).

Old
03-28-2013, 01:34 PM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
gave up 3 goals? what?
Price gave up 3 goals? #blameDD

North Korea wants to throw a nuclear bomb? #blameDD

Life is so much easier when you can blame someone for everything instead of taking the time to think.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:37 PM
Ginu

Quote:
Price gave up 3 goals? #blameDD

North Korea wants to throw a nuclear bomb? #blameDD

Life is so much easier when you can blame someone for everything instead of taking the time to think.
This is part of the problem. When Desharnais has the worst +/- on the team and he only has 4 PPs in 33 games, are you saying he's not at fault at all? Stop being sensational.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:44 PM
WakeUpNHL

Quote:

HFboards ia a venue for fans to discuss their opinions in a civil manner. If you don't like this perhaps to quote 'you can always GTFO'.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:44 PM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
This is part of the problem. When Desharnais has the worst +/- on the team and he only has 4 PPs in 33 games, are you saying he's not at fault at all? Stop being sensational.
Actually, Moen and Markov have the worst +/- on the team. Where are the threads about them?

DD is -2.

It means while on the ice at ES, there was 2 more goals against than goals for, over 33 games. Big deal. Seriously, that's not even worth saying. His ES play is good.

On the other hand, his PP play should be better, definitely, but there are many other players in the same boat, like Gionta and Pacioretty. But these 2 don't get the same amount of blame.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:49 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Actually, Moen and Markov have the worst +/- on the team. Where are the threads about them?

DD is -2.

It means while on the ice at ES, there was 2 more goals against than goals for, over 33 games. Big deal. Seriously, that's not even worth saying. His ES play is good.

On the other hand, his PP play should be better, definitely, but there are many other players in the same boat, like Gionta and Pacioretty. But these 2 don't get the same amount of blame.
I love DD, but he's struggling at ES. A mix of bad luck and mediocre play puts him behind Eller and Plekanec.

He'll step up huge in the playoffs though and everyone will love him.. until next year.

Closed Thread