Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Trade Deadline

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2013, 08:34 AM
Dallasman

vCash: 500
Throw Jagr at Boston hard. They need players and they would be all over Jagr. Hell, they'd probably overspend to get someone like him, just because of what Pittsburgh is doing.

Roy can be had for more probably as well.

Joe, get it right and do it right. Now is the time to transform this team.

Old
03-28-2013, 08:38 AM
BigG44

Tell me that doesn't sound like Nieuwendyk.

Quote:
Thatís why Ray Shero is at the top of his profession: He goes for it.

Isn't that refreshing, in a world of cost-cutting GMs and timid managers that hold onto their assets like a child would a security blanket?

Old
03-28-2013, 09:07 AM
BigG44

I get the feeling Jagr would only get traded to Boston if it was for a 1st and Koko, and I don't think Boston would do that.

I'm really concerned they're just not going to trade Jagr. It makes no sense. You can just sign him in the off-season if we have such a good relationship with him.

This trade deadline could be great for the future of this team by adding additional potential important pieces other than just Joe Morrow. I'm nervous we're going to miss that.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:32 AM
Lesky
Le Magnifique #66

Lol. Imagine if Jagr would eliminate the Penguins with Boston this season after beating them with Flyers last year

Old
03-28-2013, 09:50 AM
Fly Like a C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
I don't think that very fair to Nieuwendyk. He's traded Neal, Ott, Ribeiro, Ryder, Niskanen, Grossman, and Fistric. He attempted to trade Richards. Obviously his reasoning and execution of those trades has been questionable, but he has shown a willingness to move assets. Hopefully he continues to trade players as we approach the trade deadline. If he messes up handling Roy then I might change my views.

Old
03-28-2013, 10:39 AM
Hull Fan
trou du cul rapide

Quote:
My guess is it would probably be Koko and a 2nd.
If they're adamant about the 1st that I can compromise on, I would just request another prospect too or their 2nd in next year's draft too. Perhaps Khokhlachev, 2nd 2013, 2nd 2014 spreads things out enough that Boston doesn't feel like they got pillaged and Dallas gets good assets in return, even if they have to wait a year on adding one.

Last edited by Hull Fan: 03-28-2013 at 11:13 AM.
Old
03-28-2013, 10:43 AM
BigG44

I've been following Heika's chat. He is very clear that he doesn't think there's much of a chance at all Jagr gets traded.

He's honestly been pretty spot on this year.

For what it's worth, just like Morrow, he's pretty certain Roy is a goner.

Old
03-28-2013, 10:48 AM
Sports

I think he'll wait as long as possible on dealing Roy to see if Washington re-signs Ribeiro.
Ribs resigning should raise Roy's value considerably.
And I hope they at least entertain offers on Jagr.

Old
03-28-2013, 10:50 AM
BigG44

This is positive:

Quote:
Q: What sort of offer would it take for the Stars to deal Jagr? First rounder and a top prospect similar to Joe Morrow?

A: That seems high to me. I would think a Morrow-like prospect would be enough. But again, I'm not sure how they are viewing this. They want to do what's best for the player, too.
I think that's doable. I just assumed when everyone was saying blown away they were talking 1st round picks and top prospects.

I could see LA giving Dallas a decent prospect. Boston ... ehh ... IDK. I would not be surprised at all if they weren't in to KoKo, but I think that would be Boston's offer.

EDIT: Well ... then there is this [Important background. When previously discussing Jagr, he mentioned that trading him would mean they couldn't sign him. That's why I asked this question.]

Quote:
Q: Why do you think the teams feels trading Jagr would mean he wouldn't sign? As long as they are open and honest about the process with him, why would he be angry? Jagr lives and breathes hockey. I find it hard to believe he wouldn't want an opportunity for playoff hockey. If anything, I think he'd appreciate being moved to a contender only to return to Dallas in the summer via a new contract.

A: I think he's made it clear to them that he wants to be wanted and he wants to build consistency. This is his first run in the West, and he's still adjusting. He likes to feel comfortable, and he is a difficult guy to read at times. While we can sit here and map out a plan of what we think is logical for the organization and what will bring the most assets in return, the people in charge are still dealing with humans and their personalities. Some of it is feel. I think they just feel that if they let Jagr go, they will not get him back.

Old
03-28-2013, 10:55 AM
BigG44

Some Robidas stuff:

Quote:
Q: Stephane Robidas and Brenden Dillon have looked like a solid, legitimate Top 4 pair. Still, the team has 4 smaller D, and several young D progressing nicely in the AHL. Acquiring Joe Morrow adds another potential NHL defender in 2013-14 as well. This seems to be a sellers market. Do you think the Dallas Stars have considered trading Stephane Robidas in order to receive maximum value?

A: I just think they like what he gives them. I know there is the feeling that the Stars need to rebuild, but having someone like Robidas around is part of the rebuild. He has meant so much to Dillon both on and off the ice, and the Stars could reap the benefit of this relationship for the next decade. I would consider trading Robidas, but I would have to be blown away by the offer. If you get someone to play in the top pair, then you can always trade Robidas in the summer or even next season.
Quote:
Q: Mike, I'm not crazy to assume the Stars hold onto Robidas unless they get an offer that blows them away, am I?

A: Nope, they like Robidas and want to keep him. He only becomes expendable if the team gets a No. 1 defenseman, and then has to ponder moving Robidas, Daley or Goligoski (even then, I'm not sure Robidas is the first choice to go). That said, if someone knocks them out with an offer, they have to consider it (especially if they lose these next two games).

Old
03-28-2013, 11:23 AM
BigG44

Someone in the Heika chat said there are internet rumors of Jaromir Jagr for Tyler Kennedy. Is that true?

I haven't seen anything.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:24 AM
Nemeth
Mo Money Mo Problems

Quote:
Erik Cole not practicing today. Will get update after practice. Jordie Benn taking his place on a line with Cody Eakin and Reilly Smith.
Trade?

Old
03-28-2013, 11:24 AM
txomisc

Quote:
Someone in the Heika chat said there are internet rumors of Jaromir Jagr for Tyler Kennedy. Is that true?

I haven't seen anything.
i havent seen them. man heikas answering all your questions today

Old
03-28-2013, 11:28 AM
MetalGodAOD*

I have to agree with Heika. I think if Jagr is traded, he's not coming back.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:34 AM
txomisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalGodAOD View Post
It could be. Its not like that would be the end of the world though. Even if they get him back next year do we think he is going to stick around a season after that?

Old
03-28-2013, 11:46 AM
Hull Fan
trou du cul rapide

Really I like Jagr and could understand if that's how he feels but is his not returning the end of the world if you get an NHL ready prospect like Khokhlachev back? Jagr does bring things to the table that no one else does but as long as Whitney is in the locker room I'm not too concerned about needing another veteran voice, even if it is the hall of famer.

What's best for Dallas? 15 more games of Jagr and the possibility he returns next year or 6 years of control for a young NHL ready asset plus a pick? The math on this seems pretty clear especially since there's probably going to be some roster turnover this summer anyway.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:52 AM
Chaos
And the winner is...

Send a message via MSN to Chaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalGodAOD View Post
Then so be it. It's far better for this team going forward to trade him.

-Vagrant
Old
03-28-2013, 11:52 AM
Dave Karp

Quote:
I get the feeling Jagr would only get traded to Boston if it was for a 1st and Koko, and I don't think Boston would do that.
Who is Koko? I thought it was Koekkoek but he plays for the Lightning, not the Bruins.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:56 AM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Karp View Post
Who is Koko? I thought it was Koekkoek but he plays for the Lightning, not the Bruins.
I was being lazy about selling Alexander Khokhlachev.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:56 AM
Captain Mittens*
Catquistador

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Kari View Post
If GMJN doesn't move Jagr in this market he is a ****ing moron. The same goes for Robidas and Roy. We have several pieces other teams want. Robidas in particular with his recent play, additional year on his contract, and reputation could get a good deal.
How would Stars fans feel about Robidas to the Kings?

It would almost be like when the Kings traded Norstrom to Dallas a few years back

Old
03-28-2013, 11:58 AM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dingo View Post

It would almost be like when the Kings traded Norstrom to Dallas a few years back
I don't think it would be a big deal. They aren't in the same division next season.

I think the return would have to be significant though. That sucks .... but I still don't have confidence Dallas is fully committed to selling.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:59 AM
Fly Like a C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dingo View Post

For the right price he can go anywhere. What would the Kings offer?

Old
03-28-2013, 12:03 PM
BigG44

IMO .... it would need to be a player like Forbort. I don't think they'd do it for less.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:03 PM
Satan
edit your hometown

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by starsfan17 View Post
Trade?
Probably needs to rest his old bones..

Old
03-28-2013, 12:04 PM
Dave Karp

Quote:
I was being lazy about selling Alexander Khokhlachev.
Gotcha.

I'm not a big fan of Khokhlachev, but I'd rather him than Spooner (yes I'm prepared to be **** on).

For me, I'd love Dallas to get Knight. He may not have the highest offensive upside but his game is adaptable.

I'd be pleased with him, a middle tier prospect and a 1st for Jagr. I enjoy Jagr but the arms race is happening so might as well take advantage.

Closed Thread