HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal/Trade Rumour Thread II (NHL rumors/trades talk in here as well)

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2013, 11:16 AM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
The downside is he's a turnover machine thats not ready for the the NHL, let alone the pace and physicality of playoff hockey. Brandon Saad has had 2 bad defensive plays that have cost his team the game in the past week (turnover at the blue line against Anaheim, and completely whiffing on Brown on the LA game winner). Jimmy Hayes has definitely been a drag on the 2nd line. There's no reason to think Pirri can come up and be a productive NHL player at this point. At that point 2/3rds of your 2nd line should in reality be playing in the AHL. Prospects are like back up QB's, everyone loves them until they are in the game. Its amazing how quickly people forget how lost guys like Kruger and Leddy looked last year.
You're also forgetting how good Leddy looked in his first 20-30 games with the team. All rookies will slump and make mistakes, but IMO, Dave Bolland can't carry an offensive minded line and I'm not sure why he's allowed to blow chunks but it's unacceptable for a rookie. Once again, Kane/Sharp/Bolland are our only line that's on the ice for more shots against than shots taken.

If we could get a solid young NHL 2C I'd move Sharp + Bolland.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:17 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Quote:
Agree and he'll get his chance next year in the preseason and probably some during the regular season. The Hawks have the best record in the NHL, its not time to start giving guys tryouts. If the Hawks were sitting around the 5th or 6th seed maybe you give it a shot, but not when you have the best team in the NHL. They do need an upgrade over Bolland but if you are going to do that, you better be sure the guy is better than Bolland and not just hoping.
Doesn't having the best record allow the team to call him up for 5 or 6 games and give it a shot? If it doesn't look like it is going anywhere and we are losing because of it, put Bolland back in there for the playoffs. The team will still be a 1 or 2 seed whether it works or bombs. You never know, as lost as Hayes was at times, when he first came up he was rolling for a good 2-3 weeks.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:27 AM
Hawks82

Hard to blame Iginla for choosing Pittsburgh...if he's on the first line he gets to play with Crosby, if it's the second its with Malkin. Not a bad situation to be in.

Hottest team in the league just got better, and they should get Malkin back soon.

Bowman needs to fix some holes ASAP.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:33 AM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks82 View Post
Bowman needs to fix some holes ASAP.
I know it hurts brother but they aren't coming. Making deadline moves, it's just simply something that is not for us. As an NHL fan, it is exciting to see the movement, but as a Hawks fan, we must just appreciate what we have and hope to get a little lucky.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:40 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
I know it hurts brother but they aren't coming. Making deadline moves, it's just simply something that is not for us. As an NHL fan, it is exciting to see the movement, but as a Hawks fan, we must just appreciate what we have and hope to get a little lucky.
Thats weird to say as Bowman has made a deadline deal every season he's been GM.

Barker for Johnsson and Leddy (February 12, 2010)
Skille, Jessiman, and Pacan for Frolik and Salak (February 10, 2011)
Ryan Potulny and a 2nd round pick for Chris Campoli (February 28, 2011)
2nd and 3rd round pick for Johnny Oduya (February 27, 2012)
John Scott for a 5th round pick (February 27, 2012)

Old
03-28-2013, 11:40 AM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

vCash: 1868
Quote:
I know it hurts brother but they aren't coming.Making deadline moves, it's just simply something that is not for us. As an NHL fan, it is exciting to see the movement, but as a Hawks fan, we must just appreciate what we have and hope to get a little lucky.
What were Johnsson, Campoli, and Oduya then?

Old
03-28-2013, 11:41 AM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gootie View Post
What were Johnsson, Campoli, and Oduya then?
Non-impact moves to say the least. You tell me what impact they had on this team.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:41 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
Quote:
Non-impact moves to say the least. You tell me what impact they had on this team.
Remind me of the Hawks record since acquiring Oduya...

Old
03-28-2013, 11:42 AM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
Remind me of the Hawks record since acquiring Oduya...
40-5 or something like that if you don't include the playoffs.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:42 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Campoli and Oduya got the Hawks into the playoffs (and Oduya has played a huge role on the Hawks this year). The Barker trade netted us an awesome prospect that is contributing on the best team in hockey right now.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:44 AM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Thats weird to say as Bowman has made a deadline deal every season he's been GM.

Barker for Johnsson and Leddy (February 12, 2010)
Skille, Jessiman, and Pacan for Frolik and Salak (February 10, 2011)
Ryan Potulny and a 2nd round pick for Chris Campoli (February 28, 2011)
2nd and 3rd round pick for Johnny Oduya (February 27, 2012)
John Scott for a 5th round pick (February 27, 2012)
Except for Leddy, that list is enough to put anyone to sleep.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:45 AM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

vCash: 1868
Quote:
We seem to be doing ok since we added Oduya.

And by some miracle we still won the Cup in 2010 without an "impact" move.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:47 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
Except for Leddy, that list is enough to put anyone to sleep.
Campoli and Oduya both played on the 2nd pairing and both of them really helped the Hawks get to the playoffs. People remember the Campoli turnover but don't remember how he helped the Hawks get to the playoffs and get them to a game 7 vs the eventual NHL finalist.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:48 AM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Campoli and Oduya got the Hawks into the playoffs (and Oduya has played a huge role on the Hawks this year). The Barker trade netted us an awesome prospect that is contributing on the best team in hockey right now.
Yep, and I need to appreciate that more. We got to see a little hockey in April and that's a great thing to see as a Hawks fan. It'll be 5 years in a row in the playoffs now, great time to be a Hawks fan, get to be a part of the dance, all you can ask for as a Hawks fan.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:50 AM
Illinihockey

Also I understand to want a blockbuster move at the deadline but that just doesn't seem to happen. Teams understand that you can't compete on a regular basis unless you draft and develop your own guys. The NHL is becoming like the NFL in that way. Teams that try to go out and sign guys every year end up paying for it in the end.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:54 AM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Also I understand to want a blockbuster move at the deadline but that just doesn't seem to happen. Teams understand that you can't compete on a regular basis unless you draft and develop your own guys. The NHL is becoming like the NFL in that way. Teams that try to go out and sign guys every year end up paying for it in the end.
I disagree. I agree that the Hawks are becoming like an NFL team but the best teams in the NHL still make the big moves and go for it. That has always been a part of the NHL and always will. Whether that be Pronger to Edmonton, Iginla to the Pens, Stuart to the Wings, Kaberle to the Bruins, about 4 or 5 quality guys to the Canucks, and all of the other teams who fell short of the finals but still had the desire for the Cup to go for it, they did everything they could. It's fine though, you are the fan of the team you are a fan of and that is something I personally need to come to terms with and am trying to do so.

And you know, you see the occasional post from a Hawksfan82 or whoever about making moves but not as much as last year, not even close. I think we are all getting on board with reality and that is a good thing, appreciate the little things and enjoy them.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:58 AM
Hawks82

Quote:
I think the Hawks have needlessly created the hole at 2nd line C themselves. There's a very good 2LC on the roster right now, that's what hurts. I wonder how much time is spent by the FO searching for something that isn't out there when it would just make more sense to start putting the screws to Patrick Sharp.

Overall, I can't really complain. We have a good team and it's been a good season.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:00 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks82 View Post
I think the Hawks have needlessly created the hole at 2nd line C themselves. There's a very good 2LC on the roster right now, that's what hurts. I wonder how much time is spent by the FO searching for something that isn't out there when it would just make more sense to start putting the screws to Patrick Sharp.

Overall, I can't really complain. We have a good team and it's been a good season.
I don't know what's going on with Sharp. The worst part about it is that nobody will find out. You can bet your ass if I was a reporter, I'd be asking the question to Q after every game until I got an answer, on the record. So I would probably have my access revoked before I got the answer. Nevertheless, an explanation would be nice. I feel like maybe Q doesn't think he works well at 2C for some reason.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:04 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
I disagree. I agree that the Hawks are becoming like an NFL team but the best teams in the NHL still make the big moves and go for it. That has always been a part of the NHL and always will. Whether that be Pronger to Edmonton, Iginla to the Pens, Stuart to the Wings, Kaberle to the Bruins, about 4 or 5 quality guys to the Canucks, and all of the other teams who fell short of the finals but still had the desire for the Cup to go for it, they did everything they could. It's fine though, you are the fan of the team you are a fan of and that is something I personally need to come to terms with and am trying to do so.

And you know, you see the occasional post from a Hawksfan82 or whoever about making moves but not as much as last year, not even close. I think we are all getting on board with reality and that is a good thing, appreciate the little things and enjoy them.
The thing is though, none of those are big moves. Kaberle was a 3rd pairing guy for Boston. Stuart was about the equivalent of the Oduya trade. A 2nd and a 4th for a guy to play on the 2nd pairing. And we'll see about Iginla to the Pens...could be a good move, could be a guy with nothing left.

Also, Pronger wasn't an in season trade. Big trades do still happen in the off season. Hell we were part of one when we dumped Campbell's big salary (like the Blues did when they dumped Pronger due to salary reasons).

Old
03-28-2013, 12:06 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Oh coldsteel. Poor, poor coldsteel.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:06 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
I don't know what's going on with Sharp. The worst part about it is that nobody will find out. You can bet your ass if I was a reporter, I'd be asking the question to Q after every game until I got an answer, on the record. So I would probably have my access revoked before I got the answer. Nevertheless, an explanation would be nice. I feel like maybe Q doesn't think he works well at 2C for some reason.
I think its more that Sharp doesn't like playing center just like Kane doesn't like playing center. If you move Sharp to center, now you have a hole in your top 6 at left wing. Sharp is probably the 2nd best left wing in hockey (after Vanek)

Old
03-28-2013, 12:08 PM
coldsteelonice84

As long as Toews and/or Kane don't get fed up and go elsewhere, we should at least keep making the playoffs every year. From there, who knows what can happen. I think Bowman should be spending the next 6 days reaching out to the agents of those two guys to get extensions worked out. This isn't really something that should be put off until their last season under contract. It needs to get done this offseason or it very well could become a mess.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:10 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
I think its more that Sharp doesn't like playing center just like Kane doesn't like playing center. If you move Sharp to center, now you have a hole in your top 6 at left wing. Sharp is probably the 2nd best left wing in hockey (after Vanek)
At that point, you ask yourself one question. Is Saad better as a 2nd line LW than Bolland is as a 2nd line C. Then you'll have your answer. It is close but I still give the edge to Saad as a LW over Bolland as a 2C.

As for the other top 6 line, I believe that you can put just about anyone else we have with Toews and be absolutely fine.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:12 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
As long as Toews and/or Kane don't get fed up and go elsewhere, we should at least keep making the playoffs every year. From there, who knows what can happen. I think Bowman should be spending the next 6 days reaching out to the agents of those two guys to get extensions worked out. This isn't really something that should be put off until their last season under contract. It needs to get done this offseason or it very well could become a mess.

You can't start working out extensions until the summer prior to them becoming RFA/UFAs.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:13 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post

You can't start working out extensions until the summer prior to them becoming RFA/UFAs.
Then we better make at least some noise in the playoffs the next couple seasons.

Closed Thread