2013 Trade Deadline

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2013, 12:05 PM
Ambassador Of Fun

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dingo View Post
How would Stars fans feel about Robidas to the Kings?

It would almost be like when the Kings traded Norstrom to Dallas a few years back
Sure.
A spare defenseman and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd

for

Robidas, 3rd, 4th

Even Steven

Old
03-28-2013, 12:06 PM
Fly Like a C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Karp View Post
I'm not a big fan of Khokhlachev, but I'd rather him than Spooner (yes I'm prepared to be **** on).
Interesting. What don't you like about Spooner?

Old
03-28-2013, 12:07 PM
BigG44
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Karp View Post
Gotcha.

I'm not a big fan of Khokhlachev, but I'd rather him than Spooner (yes I'm prepared to be **** on).

For me, I'd love Dallas to get Knight. He may not have the highest offensive upside but his game is adaptable.

I'd be pleased with him, a middle tier prospect and a 1st for Jagr. I enjoy Jagr but the arms race is happening so might as well take advantage.
No one should fault you for asking for Spooner. I think most of us here prefer him.

The problem is, he wasn't even included in the potential deal for Iginla. Therefore, I have a hard time believing they'd include him for anyone else.

Boston has shown their hand though. This is the 2nd time Koko was almost trade ... of course this time it was even closer. I think he's gone, IMO. He'll go to some team for a rental.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:24 PM
LordHelmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Kari View Post
If GMJN doesn't move Jagr in this market he is a ****ing moron. The same goes for Robidas and Roy. We have several pieces other teams want. Robidas in particular with his recent play, additional year on his contract, and reputation could get a good deal.
Your '****ing moron' comment reminds me of the people who criticize Joe for not trading Richards at the deadline. BR had a concussion and wouldn't have passed a physical. It was impossible to trade him at the deadline.

This situation is also out of Joe's control if we want Jagr back next season (which I do).

Old
03-28-2013, 12:26 PM
LordHelmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
I'm really concerned they're just not going to trade Jagr. It makes no sense. You can just sign him in the off-season if we have such a good relationship with him.
Trading him if he wants to stay could ruin that relationship. Again, if we want Jagr back, then we do what he wants.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:30 PM
BigG44
HFB Partner

One more season of Jagr isn't worth an 18 to 21 year old decent prospect. If one's not being offered .... fine don't trade him. I just find it hard to believe that a guy scoring like Jagr right now wouldn't command a good return.

Honestly ... I still don't buy what Heika is saying. If he wants to play a big role on a team next season ... chasing points and goals ... few teams are going to promise Top 6 minutes to a then almost 42 year old Jagr.

It's a potentially mutually beneficial move for both parties. If that pisses him off ... oh well.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:30 PM
DaStars99
Purdue Alumnus

vCash: 1425
If Jagr gets traded he will not be signing here come July, end of story. Stars want to keep him and gamble on next near and I'm 100% okay with that.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:33 PM
Fly Like a C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndBoards View Post
Trading him if he wants to stay could ruin that relationship. Again, if we want Jagr back, then we do what he wants.
If the Stars 100% want Jagr back then they need a new contract in place by the trade deadline. It would be a shame to lose Jagr to FA this summer when teams are willing to pay a premium for him right now.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:34 PM
BigG44
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaStars99 View Post
If Jagr gets traded he will not be signing here come July, end of story. Stars want to keep him and gamble on next near and I'm 100% okay with that.
That's an opinion, not a fact. I'm cool with us having different opinions about this situation, but you shouldn't present it as a fact.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:35 PM
BigG44
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Like a C5 View Post
If the Stars 100% want Jagr back then they need a new contract in place by the trade deadline. It would be a shame to lose Jagr to FA this summer when teams are willing to pay a premium for him right now.
I am glad you brought that up. I knew there was something I should have asked in chat.

Two weeks ago Heika said that Jagr would not negotiate a contract mid-season. Now he's saying it is happening .... so which is it?

Old
03-28-2013, 12:39 PM
txomisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Like a C5 View Post
Yeah if Jagr really wants to stay in Dallas he will sign before the trade deadline. This franchise is not in a position to pass up valuable assets for a chance to sign Jagr for one more year.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:51 PM
LordHelmet

Quote:
That's an opinion, not a fact. I'm cool with us having different opinions about this situation, but you shouldn't present it as a fact.
Maybe not fact, but a very likely assumption.

If the guy doesn't want to pick up and move, but we trade him anyway, then he wouldn't appreciate it and wouldn't return.

If he wants to move to a contender now, that's fine but I doubt he'd come back even if he says he wants to now. We'd have to compete with 29 other teams to sign him, some of which are likely to win more than us and Jagr hates to lose..

Old
03-28-2013, 12:55 PM
BigG44
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndBoards View Post
Maybe not fact, but a very likely assumption.

If the guy doesn't want to pick up and move, but we trade him anyway, then he wouldn't appreciate it and wouldn't return.

If he wants to move to a contender now, that's fine but I doubt he'd come back even if he says he wants to now. We'd have to compete with 29 other teams to sign him, some of which are likely to win more than us and Jagr hates to lose..
One of those things is not like the other.

He wouldn't appreciate being moved from Dallas, a .500 team with a small chance of making the playoffs. But he hates to lose, and he'd sign with a team in the summer that's in a positing to win. But he he'd also hate to be traded to a situation where he'd be in a position to win.

I'm not saying trade Jagr against his wishes if he's willing to sign in Dallas. If he'd sign a contract right now, great. Please get it done. I'd be very happy.

I don't buy the logic though that he wouldn't want a chance to play in the playoffs. He's only missed them twice in his entire NHL career. If he's committed to Dallas, he signs right now. If he's not signed by the deadline, he needs to be traded. He should be treated exactly like Roy.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:59 PM
Dallasman

If he truly wants to stay here and they are talking contract, something would have been signed by now I have to think.

He's being shopped and that's fine by me. Worth it to see what's out there for us.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:34 PM
eartotheground
steam powered gmjn

Send a message via AIM to eartotheground
my ps3 says we can move roy and jagr for seguin. clearly gmjn fails if we get anything less.

Old
03-28-2013, 02:21 PM
BigG44
HFB Partner

Pierre LeBrun mentioned some people have said the Nashville Predators could be a team after Derek Roy:

Quote:
They’ve been linked by some to pending UFA Derek Roy who ironically plays for a Stars team that began Thursday just one point behind Nashville in the standings. Not quite sure how that deal would work between two teams battling for a playoff spot.

Old
03-28-2013, 02:24 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games Seen: 13

vCash: 1495
Quote:
I am glad you brought that up. I knew there was something I should have asked in chat.

Two weeks ago Heika said that Jagr would not negotiate a contract mid-season. Now he's saying it is happening .... so which is it?
I'm pretty sure we know just as much information about it as he does.

Who cares about us battling for a playoff spot. What should matter more is that we're going to be in the same division next year.

Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs - 1997 to 2011 - WPHL Champions 1998, 1999, 2000 - CHL Champions 2011
Old
03-28-2013, 02:25 PM
BigG44
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by eartotheground View Post
my ps3 says we can move roy and jagr for seguin. clearly gmjn fails if we get anything less.
You're right. It's silly to hope this team attempts to acquire as many long term assets by flipping short term assets as possible.

We should just hope for the glory that is missing the playoffs and holding on to as many expiring contracts as possible. They say the 5th missed year of playoffs is the sweetest. Wouldn't want to muddle that accomplishment with future assets.

Old
03-28-2013, 05:16 PM
Amazing Larry
FOR PEVS BRUH

vCash: 869
Just a thought.
I wonder if there is a possibility Joe would try to push Roy on Chicago to try and keep Ribs out of the division.

Old
03-28-2013, 05:30 PM
BigG44
HFB Partner

I could be wrong, but I don't think Chicago has much interest in signing a 2nd line center in free agency. Even if Ribs was traded, I'd expect him to sign elsewhere.

So far next season, they only have $5 million in cap space with 17 players signed.

Old
03-28-2013, 05:35 PM
Hull Fan
Duck Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars99Lobo37 View Post
I'm pretty sure we know just as much information about it as he does.

Who cares about us battling for a playoff spot. What should matter more is that we're going to be in the same division next year.
That's only an issue if you're concerned about him re-signing there. I don't think there's a way in the world Roy ends up in Nashville long term so trading him there isn't a problem.

Old
03-28-2013, 05:37 PM
Fly Like a C5

Quote:
If he's not signed by the deadline, he needs to be traded. He should be treated exactly like Roy.
That is the perfect way to view the situation with Jagr. Either get a contract for one more year or trade him for other assets and try to lure him back this summer.

Old
03-28-2013, 06:52 PM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull Fan View Post
Really I like Jagr and could understand if that's how he feels but is his not returning the end of the world if you get an NHL ready prospect like Khokhlachev back? Jagr does bring things to the table that no one else does but as long as Whitney is in the locker room I'm not too concerned about needing another veteran voice, even if it is the hall of famer.

What's best for Dallas? 15 more games of Jagr and the possibility he returns next year or 6 years of control for a young NHL ready asset plus a pick? The math on this seems pretty clear especially since there's probably going to be some roster turnover this summer anyway.
The math is clear but there are very few players who command the respect that Jagr does. Actually, I can't think of another player off the top of my head who doesn't have a NTC who should basically be allowed to ask for or veto a trade before it happens. Jagr has earned that. Worse case is he wants to stay, we miss the playoffs, and he retires this summer. Even then he would have gone out on his terms.

IMO this doesn't have to do with not trading him to sign him next year it has to do with what this particular player has earned.

Old
03-28-2013, 06:55 PM
eartotheground
steam powered gmjn

Send a message via AIM to eartotheground
Quote:
You're right. It's silly to hope this team attempts to acquire as many long term assets by flipping short term assets as possible.

We should just hope for the glory that is missing the playoffs and holding on to as many expiring contracts as possible. They say the 5th missed year of playoffs is the sweetest. Wouldn't want to muddle that accomplishment with future assets.
it was a joke, biggs. and as much as i'd be just fine with jagr staying, or resigning roy, i'd be fine with a trade assuming the return is equitable. i'd love to pull a doug weight/st. louis deal, and trade roy just to resign him after the season.

Old
03-28-2013, 06:56 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Eriksson has a NTC that kicks in first day of the 2013 season...would he be available?

Closed Thread