HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[CGY/PIT] Jarome Iginla for Kenneth Agostino, Ben Hanowski, 2013 1st rounder - Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2013, 01:34 PM
mlm

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFSorcerer View Post
Haha. No, not really. Just a dig at delusional Detroit and Philly fans...and Laviolette.
haha never go there

dont even joke

Old
03-28-2013, 01:34 PM
blankall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti of the Flow View Post
Or you could provide evidence of your claim. I've read the thread. It's mostly angry posts, and correct assessments. Again. Such as?
There's been all sorts of butt hurt Bruins fans coming into this thread calling Feaster a liar or dishonest. Give it a rest.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:36 PM
Hatter
All about the Bob

Quote:
Being genuine would include saying that he had no real interest in playing in Boston. The offer was better.

Also, "class" means nothing. Stop saying it.
melty Bostonian is a great name for a sammich.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:36 PM
SilkyMitts

Quote:
Originally Posted by domaug View Post
last year the Flyers coach said something to the effect of "when you have [Giroux] the best player in the world..." after their series with the Pens
Quote:
Uh, Laviolette is who in the hell does.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorstenFrings View Post
lol lavy is such a troll

Old
03-28-2013, 01:37 PM
Burgs

Best part of Shero's press conference: "When it was done I called my kids and told them 'I just traded for Iginla' and they were all 'No you didn't, he's going somewhere else, we saw it on the news!'"

Old
03-28-2013, 01:38 PM
Yeti of the Flow

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
There's been all sorts of butt hurt Bruins fans coming into this thread calling Feaster a liar or dishonest. Give it a rest.
Which, at this point, could be completely correct.

Feaster either lied about the four team list, or handled the situation more poorly than any GM I can recall. If a player was to provide a list of teams they'd waive their NMC for, and out of those teams you get a series of offers, the best offer is the one chosen.

As that isn't what happened, we can only infer that the list of four teams was greatly exaggerated, and Iginla only had intentions of playing as a Penguin. Well, unless the Penguins failed to supply an offer.

Old
RainbowDash
20% Cooler

Holy ****, wtf?

I was watching anime this morning, and then I was like.. I'm going to go check out that BOS/CAL trade for Iginla and I had to quadruple take THEN pinch myself when I saw it said PIT.

Wtf happened?

Old
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle

I personally am glad that Iggy chose Pittsburgh over Boston. This makes it much easier for Canucks, Habs AND Leafs fans to cheer for Iginla for the cup.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:39 PM
Nsjohnson

Quote:
Or you could provide evidence of your claim. I've read the thread. It's mostly angry posts, and correct assessments. Again. Such as?
Rarely does 'angry posts' and 'correct assessments' go hand in hand. If you read through it, you would know what I'm talking about. Nice poker face, ignorance must be bliss ?

Old
Shoofyou10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattoo View Post
The Yankees of the NHL....lets buy a championship!
They have the cap space and the prospects, why not go for it? They didn't buy any big free agents in the offseason and kept cap space open for this. Nothing like the Yankees

Old
SickHandsNoShot

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
A bit of a mix.

I think the ones who are happier with the Boston deal are anti-Feaster to begin with and haven't looked at the details.

The conditional first was garbage. Bartkowski adds absolutely nothing to the Flames. Koko is a massive flight risk. There are currently 22 Russian players left in the NHL. Koko is exactly the type of player who takes a big contract in the KHL after struggling to secure a top 6 role in the NHL.
Ive been thinking about it the same way. The Boston deal has a higher chance of becoming completely useless:

Iggy doesnt resign, you don't get a first
Bartkowski shows he is what he is
Koko does exactly that, and plays for the Flames for maybe 1 season

That would be worst case.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:40 PM
MFSorcerer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowDash View Post
Holy ****, wtf?

I was watching anime this morning, and then I was like.. I'm going to go check out that BOS/CAL trade for Iginla and I had to quadruple take THEN pinch myself when I saw it said PIT.

Wtf happened?

HAHAHAHAHA. Dear lord, I have no idea why that made me laugh so fricken hard. I'm almost crying! Thanks for being unintentionally hilarious to me.

I must be in a great mood! My team on a 13 game winning streak, just picked up Iggy and I have a week off of work.

Old
GetThePuckOut

vCash: 900
Quote:

Feaster either lied about the four team list, or handled the situation more poorly than any GM I can recall. If a player was to provide a list of teams they'd waive their NMC for, and out of those teams you get a series of offers, the best offer is the one chosen.

As that isn't what happened, we can only infer that the list of four teams was greatly exaggerated, and Iginla only had intentions of playing as a Penguin. Well, unless the Penguins failed to supply an offer.
The best offer was the one without the conditional first round pick. Because the condition wouldn't be met. Because Iginla is gonna re-sign in Calgary after.

Old
mlm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickHandsNoShot View Post
Ive been thinking about it the same way. The Boston deal has a higher chance of becoming completely useless:

Iggy doesnt resign, you don't get a first
Bartkowski shows he is what he is
Koko does exactly that, and plays for the Flames for maybe 1 season

That would be worst case.
did Boston have a chance to counter?

Old
Yeti of the Flow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsjohn130 View Post
Rarely does 'angry posts' and 'correct assessments' go hand in hand. If you read through it, you would know what I'm talking about. Nice poker face, ignorance must be bliss ?
This, ladies and gentlemen, is a failing argument. You can't be angry and correct? Have you not seen the Big Lebowski? Am I wrong, Dude?

I'm legitimately curious for your examples of "illogical drivel".

Old
03-28-2013, 01:43 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:

How? He never released the 4 team list it was all media speculation such as Kipper won't report to a new team which was 100% BS. Feaster heard all the offers and deceded they were close enough that he would let Iginla pick where he goes out of respect( or stupidity), and Iginla choose Pitts (who wouldn't). He never lied the medai jumped the gun and ****ed it up.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:43 PM
blankall

Quote:

Yeah I agree. Feaster is the first person in history to ever exaggerate or not reveal in its entirety his position during a negotiation.

The correct way to negotiate is to automatically lay all of your cards on the table.

Assuming Feaster knew only a Pitts offer was acceptable (which we don't know), he did exactly the right thing. He created the illusion of an auction to add additional value to the Pitts deal.

This is pro sports. The GMs are not buddies. They are competitors. Get over it. It's business. Are you going to give Toronto Hamilton back, because the deal was unfair? Did you go to great lengths to disclose each and every single weakness in Kessel's game to Toronto before the deal?

Old
03-28-2013, 01:45 PM
RainbowDash
20% Cooler

Quote:
HAHAHAHAHA. Dear lord, I have no idea why that made me laugh so fricken hard. I'm almost crying! Thanks for being unintentionally hilarious to me.

I must be in a great mood! My team on a 13 game winning streak, just picked up Iggy and I have a week off of work.
Oh, well, you're welcome. I'm just an outsider though. I'm glad Murray has the best chance to raise the cup with the Pens now that your team landed Iginla.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:46 PM
Panj

I wonder what it takes to get Cammalleri.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:47 PM
MFSorcerer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowDash View Post
Oh, well, you're welcome. I'm just an outsider though. I'm glad Murray has the best chance to raise the cup with the Pens now that your team landed Iginla.

Now I'm gonna watch some anime. I haven't watched Akira in years!

Old
03-28-2013, 01:47 PM
SickHandsNoShot

Quote:
Originally Posted by bourque77bourque View Post
did Boston have a chance to counter?
Thats the other thing ive been wondering. Im thinking really, like they couldnt try bump up the offer? Are Bruin fans mad that Chi didnt just put a non-conditional first on the table AT LEAST...

But I think its all moot... Iggy was choosing Pits.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:51 PM
Johnsie19

But did we have ample time to counter? Our offer was way better. Feaster is a dishonest GM. This is the worst move Ive seen a GM do in recent times. Drippy Boston fans whinging away haha get over it. Pitts was the better offer and the better fit for Iggy.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:53 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsie19 View Post
But did we have ample time to counter? Our offer was way better. Feaster is a dishonest GM. This is the worst move Ive seen a GM do in recent times. Drippy Boston fans whinging away haha get over it. Pitts was the better offer and the better fit for Iggy.
How is he dishonest when did he tell Boston it was a done deal?

Old
03-28-2013, 01:54 PM
Nsjohnson

Quote:
This, ladies and gentlemen, is a failing argument. You can't be angry and correct? Have you not seen the Big Lebowski? Am I wrong, Dude?

"Took a dump on the fan base that treated him so well for a decade and a half. At least when our icon left, he made sure the deal was going to be in the best interest of the Bruins as well. Makes me appreciate Ray all the more.

What a ****ing clown. So much respect lost."

"Way to skip out on the question their you ****ing fraud...."

"**** you, Iggy"

"no because Iginla had the trump card and used- screw Iginla, I dont want him anymore"

"If Iginla's only choice was the Pens, why did he gave a list with 4 teams he would accept a trade in the 1st place? Is there any honesty left in pro sports these days?

**** that bald mother****er and his stupid Pens. May they all burn in hell!"

-----------------------------------------------------
And an example of a fantastic post:
"This is very true but I think it's still up in the air whether Iginla blew this up 100% on his own or Feaster knew that Iginla wouldn't approve the Boston deal and led them on to create more of a market. I think we are going to find out at 2 o'clock. If it was all Iginla, expect Chiarelli to take the high road and not say much. If Feaster was in on this, I expect a blow up...at least of Chiarelli's mild mannered proportions.

My hunch right now is that it was all Iginla. I have a hard time seeing Feaster being dumb enough to alienate another GM like that, because with how this business works, you also alienate his friends. It's bad business, and he got a horrific return in the end anyways so the ends don't justify the means. But like I said, we'll find out soon. Good chance at 2 o'clock and at worst, the next time Cam talks to the media. You know he won't be afraid to speak up if he thinks Feaster was in the wrong."

And from a flames fan:
"Really?

I'm a Flames fan living in Boston, and I was ecstatic to have Jarome in Boston to chase the Cup. That said he has the NMC in his contract and went where he felt the most comfortable, as shocking as it may be to all of you. So good for him.

Honestly both returns were meh, that's not the point. Iginla has transcended the Flames franchise the last couple years for me. Nothing on the table is going to replace him, simple as that, and frankly the franchise is ****ed either way. Some of us less spoiled fans understand we have no control over hockey ops and I am glad he is going to play where he wants to play. He has earned the right not to be treated like a faceless commodity sold to the highest bidder. But I would have loved to him have in Boston."

I fully expecting you to apologize, say you get it, and move on. Except this is the Internetzz- especially HFB.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:55 PM
fallsviewafro*
truculent

Quote:

You do realize that you're the only one wailing and stomping his feet about this, while the rest of the world has moved on already?

The fact that you are very obviously a Boston fan just makes it worse. You didn't get Iginla, so you can stop whining and crying about Big Bad Feaster being a meanie and hurting your feelings. I'm not being facetious, either - at this point, with the deal done, you're just being sour grapes. If the Bruins didn't get the shaft here and it was any other team in their situation, you wouldn't even be in this thread crying foul. Give it a rest.

Closed Thread