HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal/Trade Rumour Thread II (NHL rumors/trades talk in here as well)

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2013, 12:15 PM
Hawkaholic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Then we better make at least some noise in the playoffs the next couple seasons.
Yeah, because I'm sure Kane and Toews are sick of playing on one of the top teams in the league with a sold out building and a great city to live in.

This thread has become a joke.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:17 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Yeah, because I'm sure Kane and Toews are sick of playing on one of the top teams in the league with a sold out building and a great city to live in.

This thread has become a joke.
No it's not. We're just talking. Every player has different priorities. The great ones seem to want to win in the playoffs more than anything else. I'm just saying I hope that we can start doing that in case that is important to those two guys.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:18 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
I think its more that Sharp doesn't like playing center just like Kane doesn't like playing center. If you move Sharp to center, now you have a hole in your top 6 at left wing. Sharp is probably the 2nd best left wing in hockey (after Vanek)
probably not.

sharp should play centre again. the hole it would leave at lw is easier for us to fill than the hole we have at centre right now.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:21 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Then we better make at least some noise in the playoffs the next couple seasons.
Might be nice if Toews, Kane, Hossa (who was hurt, still) and Sharp combined for more than 3 goals and 6 assists in 20 (combined) games. You can't win when your best players don't score.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:24 PM
SLarmer28

Quote:
You can look back and blame Dale Tallon for the current second line center debacle. Dale Tallon could have drafted a center either in the first round of the 2008 NHL Draft or, at worst, a center in the first round of the 2009 NHL Draft. Instead, Dale Tallon selected a worthless immature punk winger in 2008 and a defensive pylon (Cam Barker v2.0) in 2009.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:25 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Might be nice if Toews, Kane, Hossa (who was hurt, still) and Sharp combined for more than 3 goals and 6 assists in 20 (combined) games. You can't win when your best players don't score.
Yeah, that would help. Still, it's hard to get on those guys. They are doing their best and have given so much to this team.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:25 PM
KanetoToews2883

Quote:
Barker for Johnsson and Leddy (February 12, 2010)
Skille, Jessiman, and Pacan for Frolik and Salak (February 10, 2011)
Ryan Potulny and a 2nd round pick for Chris Campoli (February 28, 2011)
2nd and 3rd round pick for Johnny Oduya (February 27, 2012)
John Scott for a 5th round pick (February 27, 2012)
So wait, let me get this straight. We get Leddy for nothing, A useful PKer/bottom 6 player who has played on the top 6 and been an energy guy for nothing.

One of our best Dmen for a few draft picks.

and get a 5th round pick for a guy people wanted to send to the ECHL.

And you're being critical of Bowman? What the....

Look he may not get the biggest name out there because he doesn't have to. We're not skating Tyler Kennedy on our 2nd line (no offense to Tyler Kennedy).

When healthy our top 6 is as good as the Pens Top 6.

Saad/ Toews/ Hossa vs Kunitz / Crosby/ Iginla
Sharp / Bolland / Kane vs Neal / Malkin / Morrow

An upgrade for 2C is needed but not really critically... The Hawks will need good goaltending and to avoid defensive lapses and they'll be primed for a deep run.

Stay off the ledge...

Old
03-28-2013, 12:26 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLarmer28 View Post
You can look back and blame Dale Tallon for the current second line center debacle. Dale Tallon could have drafted a center either in the first round of the 2008 NHL Draft or, at worst, a center in the first round of the 2009 NHL Draft. Instead, Dale Tallon selected a worthless immature punk winger in 2008 and a defensive pylon (Cam Barker v2.0) in 2009.
Tallon ****ed up in picking Skille, no question. Still, 5 years later we need to pick up the pieces and move on.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:26 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
No it's not. We're just talking. Every player has different priorities. The great ones seem to want to win in the playoffs more than anything else. I'm just saying I hope that we can start doing that in case that is important to those two guys.
You're right, I'm sure Kane and Toews would rather go to .....who? What team could they go to that will win in the playoffs more than the Hawks? Phoenix? Nashville? Buffalo? Winnipeg?

Old
03-28-2013, 12:31 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Yeah, that would help. Still, it's hard to get on those guys. They are doing their best and have given so much to this team.
Da ****? So, Toews, Kane, Hossa and Sharp get passes for not showing up in a playoff series, at least on the scoresheet, because they were doing their "best".. but Bowman, who's clearly been working the phones over the summer and through this season gets continually **** on by you because he can't get anything done? Are you serious?

Bowman can't do anything, come playoff time, if the best players on his team don't score in a playoff series. That's not on Bowman, that's on the players and on the coaches. There's nothing wrong with the Chicago Blackhawks talent level. If they don't get it done, or flame out in the 1st round, it will be on the coaches/players.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:32 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
You're right, I'm sure Kane and Toews would rather go to .....who? What team could they go to that will win in the playoffs more than the Hawks? Phoenix? Nashville? Buffalo? Winnipeg?
I don't know. We'll find out soon enough. I hope they decide to stay, two world class players and it has been a joy to watch their careers. I love watching them do their thing in the Blackhawks jersey, it's been a privilege.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:34 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Da ****? So, Toews, Kane, Hossa and Sharp get passes for not showing up in a playoff series, at least on the scoresheet, because they were doing their "best".. but Bowman, who's clearly been working the phones over the summer and through this season gets continually **** on by you because he can't get anything done? Are you serious?
I see the effort coming from the stars. That's why they get a pass. I don't see Bowman "clearly been working the phones over the summer and through this season" or any results from it except possibly a high phone bill which gets passed on to me and everyone else buying tickets so he doesn't get a pass.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:34 PM
Hawks82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
I think its more that Sharp doesn't like playing center just like Kane doesn't like playing center. If you move Sharp to center, now you have a hole in your top 6 at left wing. Sharp is probably the 2nd best left wing in hockey (after Vanek)
I believe a hole a LW is far easier to fill than at C. Q could put a Stalberg-Sharp-Kane line out there and I think it'd be a big improvement.

I'd rank Sharp in the top 10, just off the top of my head I'd place Jamie Benn (LW in NHL 13), James Neal, Tyler Seguin (thought I read somewhere that he's been playing LW), Semin and Ovechkin ahead of Sharp.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:35 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Tallon ****ed up in picking Skille, no question. Still, 5 years later we need to pick up the pieces and move on.
And he ****ed up picking Beach (and I'm a Beach support). I still like Olsen, and at 29th overall, it's really, really a crapshoot.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:35 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

Quote:

Bowman can't do anything, come playoff time, if the best players on his team don't score in a playoff series. That's not on Bowman, that's on the players and on the coaches. There's nothing wrong with the Chicago Blackhawks talent level. If they don't get it done, or flame out in the 1st round, it will be on the coaches/players.
Quote:
I see the effort coming from the stars. That's why they get a pass. I don't see Bowman "clearly been working the phones over the summer and through this season" or any results from it except possibly a high phone bill so he doesn't get a pass.
^ some of the worst logic I've ever heard on this board

Old
03-28-2013, 12:36 PM
slappipappi

Quote:
I don't know.
Just make that part of your avatar, would save a lot of time and trouble.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:36 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
And he ****ed up picking Beach (and I'm a Beach support). I still like Olsen, and at 29th overall, it's really, really a crapshoot.
So you're going to blather about **** that happened 4-5 years ago? Who cares anymore? How does that help the team now, to just make excuses when the **** happened years ago?

Old
03-28-2013, 12:38 PM
slappipappi

Quote:
I don't see Bowman "clearly been working the phones over the summer and through this season" ....
Do you have any comprehension of the absolute absurdity of what you just wrote?

(sigh)

Old
03-28-2013, 12:38 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
I see the effort coming from the stars. That's why they get a pass. I don't see Bowman "clearly been working the phones over the summer and through this season" or any results from it except possibly a high phone bill which gets passed on to me and everyone else buying tickets so he doesn't get a pass.
Of course you don't see it, you're not in the room. That doesn't mean it's not happening. We know Chicago was heavily involved in the Parise sweepstakes. We know he tried to go after Brodeur. We know he was in on Iginla, for a while at least and we know he's been talking to teams around the league because there's a lot of rumors between Chicago and basically every team in the league (Toronto, Calgary, Montreal, TB, Winnepeg, etc).

There were no results in the playoffs from the "effort" of our stars. They don't get a pass, if Bowman doesn't.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:39 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappipappi View Post
Do you have any comprehension of the absolute absurdity of what you just wrote?

(sigh)
I am so tired with talking about baby **** up. Can't you see that? I just want to talk about the Hawks players.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:40 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
So you're going to blather about **** that happened 4-5 years ago? Who cares anymore? How does that help the team now, to just make excuses when the **** happened years ago?
I'm not blathering on and on about it. You only pointed out Skille as a significant draft failure. Beach was arguabley worse.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:40 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Of course you don't see it, you're not in the room. That doesn't mean it's not happening.
Then don't say it is clear if you don't know either.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:41 PM
slappipappi

Quote:
I am so tired with talking about baby **** up. Can't you see that? I just want to talk about the Hawks players.

I'll take that as a "no".

Are you capable of answering a direct question?

Do you ever stop and actually read what anyone else has written?

And no, all you want to do is bash.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:42 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Says the guy who created a "Fire Bowman" thread and was sporting a "Lolman" Stan Bowman avatar for months.

You're absolutely ridiculous.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:44 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Then don't say it is clear if you don't know either.
Did you not read the examples I gave. Chicago was directly linked to Parise, Brodeur and Iginla, by Bobby Mac, Darren Dreger and the like.

Closed Thread