HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Trade Proposal/Trade Rumour Thread II (NHL rumors/trades talk in here as well)

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2013, 12:45 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 1948
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Says the guy who created a "Fire Bowman" thread and was sporting a "Lolman" Stan Bowman avatar for months.

You're absolutely ridiculous.
Well, I've changed. I don't care anymore and I don't have any use for baby **** up or the same arguments we've been having for years. We have what we have and it'll end up the way it ends up.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:46 PM
KanetoToews2883

vCash: 500
Quote:
Did you not read the examples I gave. Chicago was directly linked to Parise, Brodeur and Iginla, by Bobby Mac, Darren Dreger and the like.

So you're saying SB can't close then

(Italics is my sarcasm font so that my sarcasm is easily understood)

Old
03-28-2013, 12:49 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by KanetoToews2883 View Post

So you're saying SB can't close then

(Italics is my sarcasm font so that my sarcasm is easily understood)
- : sarcasm :

Old
03-28-2013, 12:49 PM
SLarmer28

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Tallon ****ed up in picking Skille, no question. Still, 5 years later we need to pick up the pieces and move on.
Either you play Brandon Pirri or you trade him, since there will be a log-jam at center in Rockford next season:

Danault
McNeill
Nordstrom
Flick
Froese
Gilbert

Old
03-28-2013, 12:52 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLarmer28 View Post
Either you play Brandon Pirri or you trade him, since there will be a logjam at center in Rockford next season:

Danault
McNeill
Nordstrom
Flick
Froese
Gilbert
Froese and Flick could be in ECHL next year

Neither has shown much to warrant secure jobs in Rockford

Old
HockeySensible
NHL Says...

Quote:
Well, I've changed. I don't care anymore and I don't have any use for baby **** up or the same arguments we've been having for years. We have what we have and it'll end up the way it ends up.
Lololololololololololololol.

You take every oppurtunity you get to **** on Bowman.

"I've changed. I don't care anymore and I don't have any use for baby **** up".

Do you even understand how ironic that statement is? "I've changed", "I don't care", yet you won't even address Bowman by his name.

x1000000000000000

Old
KanetoToews2883

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
- : sarcasm :

I suppose that's easier.... a sarcasm smiley...

Old
03-28-2013, 12:53 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLarmer28 View Post
Either you play Brandon Pirri or you trade him, since there will be a logjam at center in Rockford next season:

Danault
McNeill
Nordstrom
Flick
Froese
Gilbert
Agreed 1000%. The logjam is going to result in diminished returns (if any) on these assets. You want to build from within, call guys up when they have proven themselves. Pirri is what he is, an offensive minded player. If that isn't a fit, move him. You're so right though, what happens when there are too many guys in Rockford. Teams will start offersheeting them on cheap contracts and we won't be able to match because of the cap and the 23 man roster limit. Talk about embarassing if that happens.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:54 PM
Central PA Hawk Fan

LOL, coldsteel has finally snapped. This is pretty epic.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:55 PM
slappipappi

Quote:
We currently have a team that has lost 4 games all year.

We have a team with an enviable (and still improving) core, a young and relatively cheap bunch of complimentary players, and a prospect system which should be feeding us complimentary players (and maybe a few elite players) for the foreseeable future.

We have likely the best roster of players in the NHL, based on a combination of current players and prospects.

That's what we have.

And if you can't enjoy that you need to find another team to cheer for, because this is as good as it gets.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:55 PM
SLarmer28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Froese and Flick could be in ECHL next year

Neither has shown much to warrant secure jobs in Rockford
Add Alex Broadhurst to the list of centers, as well.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:58 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central PA Hawk Fan View Post
LOL, coldsteel has finally snapped. This is pretty epic.
I'm not going to sit back and care about transactions when it's clear that so few do anymore, including the guy running the team. It's stupid to keep hoping for something that is clearly never going to happen. I don't like giving up, that's why it has been so hard but enough is enough.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:05 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappipappi View Post
We currently have a team that has lost 4 games all year.

We have a team with an enviable (and still improving) core, a young and relatively cheap bunch of complimentary players, and a prospect system which should be feeding us complimentary players (and maybe a few elite players) for the foreseeable future.

We have likely the best roster of players in the NHL, based on a combination of current players and prospects.

That's what we have.

And if you can't enjoy that you need to find another team to cheer for, because this is as good as it gets.
I am enjoying it. This is just not what I thought we were trying to do. I don't like the build from within strategy as an end all, be all. I think it is just as extreme as Milbury flipping his roster every year and I don't think it leads to success. I think a balance is very important. Of course I hope they win and prove me wrong but it just seems so unecessary to handicap yourself and make it harder than it has to be but they are committed to that and anyone that has a problem with it is just going to have to live with the results of their plan, whatever they may be.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:07 PM
BronYrAur

The Hawks could be headed for cap hell again in a few years when they need to re-sign Kane & Toews. So at that point you are going to need cheap players. That's why the "logjam" talk is just such nonsense. You would much rather have young cheap players outperforming their salary than high-profile, aging free agents that cost young talent and cost you more in cap hit.

However, the issue as I see it is that all of our prospects on ELC's now (or who will be soon, Pirri/Morin/McNeill/Danault/Saad) will be up for raises at the same time that Kane/Toews are going to be getting 9 million a year. So last year's draft and the next couple drafts are hugely important for the Hawks, and it might be a good idea to try to trade away one of our big salary guys in a couple of years if there are any takers.

But at this point it just seems very foolish to trade the guys I mentioned when we will need them to fill in and become important depth/role players in a couple of years. And you don't know which of those guys will succeed, which will fail.

The fact of the matter is there simply is no room for large contracts on this team. The Hawks chose the big-name players they wanted to roll with. Perhaps a year or so later maybe it would have been better to let one of Seabrook/Sharp walk to give the team more flexibility.

But it is extremely, EXTREMELY foolish to now trade away multiple important prospects/picks in order to get 15 games + a playoff run out of a guy who will only increase your chances of winning very marginally. Even the best players (Iginla) are not going to increase your chances that much.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:07 PM
HockeySensible
NHL Says...

Quote:
I'm not going to sit back and care about transactions when it's clear that so few do anymore, including the guy running the team. It's stupid to keep hoping for something that is clearly never going to happen. I don't like giving up, that's why it has been so hard but enough is enough.
Giving up? Giving up on what? A deal happening? The season? Stop being so dramatic. The Hawks are on top of the NHL standings, but, woe is the Hawks. Woe is the Hawks.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:08 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Giving up? Giving up on what? A deal happening? The season? Stop being so dramatic. The Hawks are on top of the NHL standings, but, woe is the Hawks. Woe is the Hawks.
A deal happening. It's not the road I would have chosen but it seems it's set in stone so we'll take it where it goes.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:10 PM
Central PA Hawk Fan

so you honestly believe the Hawks will make zero trades before the trade deadline?

Old
03-28-2013, 01:11 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central PA Hawk Fan View Post
so you honestly believe the Hawks will make zero trades before the trade deadline?
Nothing impactful, no.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:13 PM
HockeySensible
NHL Says...

Quote:
Nothing impactful, no.
Well, if the Hawks can get a player as unimpactful as Johnny Oduya, than we should be jumping for joy.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:14 PM
slappipappi

Quote:
I am enjoying it.
I can tell you, if you are really enjoying it, you have a deep mental problem with expressing enjoyment.

Thongs don't just happen because you want them too.

Ask Boston, who thought they have Iggy. It's just not that simple.

For everything you do to increase your chances of winning the Stanley Cup this year, you decrease it in the future.

The Hawks are not in a one and done situation. They don't need to panic and do something just because you want it.

With 16 teams in the playoffs, the average team has about a 6.25% chance of winning it all. The best teams maybe have a 12% of winning it. The odds are always stacked against them. There is simply too much randomness in play in a short series.

Pittsburgh was likely one of those 12% teams who have likely incresed their chances to about 14% at best. That's it. They are certainly one of the elite contenders, but better teams than them have gotten knocked out in the first round.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:15 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Well, if the Hawks can get a player as unimpactful as Johnny Oduya, than we should be jumping for joy.
Yep, he helped get us to the playoffs last year and is doing it again this year. They should be clinching a spot pretty soon so how can anyone complain. The team will be in the dance, that much is for sure, Go Hawks!

Old
03-28-2013, 01:17 PM
slappipappi

The funny think is, as a Hawks fan living in Calgary, I see Iggy playing 30 or more games per year. I'm in Chicago right now, and Iggy was invisible on Tuesday night. As he has been for most of the season. He's a perimeter player now, and poor defensively.

Though he could certainly get it going for a playoff run, no doubt.

But his days of being an elite player are likely over.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:23 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
At that point, you ask yourself one question. Is Saad better as a 2nd line LW than Bolland is as a 2nd line C. Then you'll have your answer. It is close but I still give the edge to Saad as a LW over Bolland as a 2C.

As for the other top 6 line, I believe that you can put just about anyone else we have with Toews and be absolutely fine.
Wait, if Saad goes to 2nd line LW who is on the 1st line?

Old
WarriorofTime

Quote:
I am enjoying it. This is just not what I thought we were trying to do. I don't like the build from within strategy as an end all, be all. I think it is just as extreme as Milbury flipping his roster every year and I don't think it leads to success. I think a balance is very important. Of course I hope they win and prove me wrong but it just seems so unecessary to handicap yourself and make it harder than it has to be but they are committed to that and anyone that has a problem with it is just going to have to live with the results of their plan, whatever they may be.
Since Bowman has taken over we've acquired Hossa, Kopecky, Madden, Johnsson Leddy, Boynton... Cap purge so acquiring ANOTHER SUPERSTAR was unrealistic.. but then still we added Turco, Stalberg, Scott, Pisani, Ryan Johnson, Frolik, Salak, Campoli, Montador, Mayers, Brunette, O'Donnell, Carcillo, Lepisto, Emery, Morrison, Oduya, Brookbank, and Roszival.

Some of those acquisitions have worked out, others haven't. That can be a separate topic but to say Bowman has ONLY TRIED TO BUILD FROM WITHIN is stupid. And the Hawks have a good home-grown nucleus so no I don't think ditching Kane, Toews, Keith, or Seabrook or some of the other Cup-winning core because we got beat two whole bloody years in the playoffs for the sake of CHANGES is the right answer.

But we all know you think Bowman is the joke of the league. Meanwhile the rest of the league sees all the Hawks have on the roster and in the system and is envious. I'm sure if it were up to you we would have unloaded Saad at the trade deadline last year.

Old
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
I can tell you, if you are really enjoying it, you have a deep mental problem with expressing enjoyment.
I enjoyed the run. The season is coming to close though. It's time to accept the realities of our chances and that is a different reality for everyone. It's going to be a rough road for the Hawks to win the Cup this year but they definitely have a chance and it is a better chance than last year, no question about it.

Quote:
Things don't just happen because you want them too.
Sure they do, how can you accomplish something if you don't go out and make it happen.

Closed Thread