HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Trade Rumors 2013 Part III

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2013, 10:50 AM
eleventy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Just a complete fleecing of Feaster.
Would you call it... a FLEASTING?
*be here all week*

In all seriousness, if we ended up being on that final list of teams, there's a huge possibility that Feaster didn't want to deal with a team that will be a division rival next year.

Old
03-28-2013, 10:55 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

From Helene's article in the LA Times this morning:
Quote:
Despite rumors that the Kings were contenders for Iginla, they haven’t really focused on him. It’s General Manager Dean Lombardi’s job to listen to any offer, but acquiring an aging winger who’s a rental player wouldn’t have solved the Kings’ real problem, which is the lack of a beefy defenseman to replace the injured Matt Greene and Willie Mitchell. And Lombardi was not contemplating trading goaltender Jonathan Bernier for Iginla. Bernier is worth more than a rental player, even one as respected as Iginla. With Jonathan Quick still not at last season’s level and a jampacked calendar in this post-lockout schedule, the Kings need Bernier to help keep them in a playoff spot.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:02 AM
kovacro
"Jazz Hands" by Alec

What about acquring a guy like Greg Zanon? He's making just a little over 2 million for the next 2 years and is a pretty decent stay at home d-man who can block shots. Plus he has a wicked beard.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:05 AM
BigKing
Spot Picker

Yep...Iginla only seemed to make sense if you ignored reality and just imagined a 2004 level Iginla because he would be back with Sutter.

A veteran on defense is the obvious need but, again, DL isn't going to pay a ridiculous price for a rental.

I still stand by the belief that Bernier is not moved during the season with DL's ultimate goal with Bernier being getting back into the 1st round of this year's draft. Problem there is the teams needing a goalie are primarily those with high first rounders so it may be difficult, plus there are more proven names out there like Lou and Miller...possibly Bryz if bought out.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:14 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

DL listens to Iggy offer and counters with what he thinks is fair. Feaster says he can do better and goes out and makes a terrible deal. Still, likely more than what DL would offer.

JB at or around the draft is what most people are saying and I agree. It would have to be a stupid return to us before we would move him any sooner.

Remember the DL won't overpay for a rental thing when RR is dealt.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:27 AM
Basilisk

Would you guys favor a dealing involving Toffoli and Bernier for Bouwmeester and Kiprusoff? Just curious...

Old
03-28-2013, 11:28 AM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
Would you guys favor a dealing involving Toffoli and Bernier for Bouwmeester and Kiprusoff? Just curious...
Not only no, but hell no. Bouwmeester would destroy our cap next year and Kiprusoff carries very little value to us

Old
03-28-2013, 11:36 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
No. Why? I don't see how that makes any sense for the Kings.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:45 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovacro View Post
What about acquring a guy like Greg Zanon? He's making just a little over 2 million for the next 2 years and is a pretty decent stay at home d-man who can block shots. Plus he has a wicked beard.
Would love Zanon. I remember when he was on the Wild the Kings had a close to full 2 minute 5-3 PP, and Zanon was one of the d-men with I think Burns. Both D got caught in the Wild's end for pretty much the whole 5-3. Zanon was all over the place blocking shots and passing lanes but couldn't get the puck out of the zone. When Backstrom covered the puck for a whistle Zanon literally just fell over in the crease from being so tired and lay there for a second. Became an instant fan of the guy! Isn't he getting up there in age though? 34-35? Could be a cheap stop gap until a long-term replacement could be found.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:47 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
DL listens to Iggy offer and counters with what he thinks is fair. Feaster says he can do better and goes out and makes a terrible deal. Still, likely more than what DL would offer.

JB at or around the draft is what most people are saying and I agree. It would have to be a stupid return to us before we would move him any sooner.

Remember the DL won't overpay for a rental thing when RR is dealt.
Who's RR?

Old
03-28-2013, 11:49 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Who's RR?
I am guessing Robyn Regehr

Old
03-28-2013, 11:51 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
I'd rather go for Jagr and Robidas anyways.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:52 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dingo View Post
I am guessing Robyn Regehr
Ah, was thinking Rob Ray or Reijo Ruotsalainen.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:54 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
My first guess was the Railroad but even I know that DL isn't that aggressive

Old
03-28-2013, 12:01 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
Would love Zanon. I remember when he was on the Wild the Kings had a close to full 2 minute 5-3 PP, and Zanon was one of the d-men with I think Burns. Both D got caught in the Wild's end for pretty much the whole 5-3. Zanon was all over the place blocking shots and passing lanes but couldn't get the puck out of the zone. When Backstrom covered the puck for a whistle Zanon literally just fell over in the crease from being so tired and lay there for a second. Became an instant fan of the guy! Isn't he getting up there in age though? 34-35? Could be a cheap stop gap until a long-term replacement could be found.
Zanon is the worst D-man on the Avs this season. Do not want.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:03 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleventy View Post
Would you call it... a FLEASTING?
*be here all week*

In all seriousness, if we ended up being on that final list of teams, there's a huge possibility that Feaster didn't want to deal with a team that will be a division rival next year.
Assuming Feaster is still with the Flames next season.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:06 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
MSL would fit the team so well. Cost is high but I would pay it without a doubt. Of course Tampa would have to be interested in trading him. Now that would be hard to believe. That being said, if he was, DL would be in on that. The cap and questions about Quick this year be damned. Whatever it took would be traded, see ya to those guys. Guy is not just a good fit but the best fit, the perfect fit. Nobody else on the team and hardly anyone else in the league sees the game like him.

But I doubt that will ever happen because the guy should be a Bolt for life. Jagr would be a nice addition.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:13 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Kipper would cost a lot, likely more than Bernier, and he'd just be our backup anyways. And Bouw has a $6.8 million cap hit. I'd have no idea what amount of good, quality assets we'd need to dump from our pro roster just to fit them in next season too, as botha re under contract next season. That trade not only sees us giving up to much in relation to how little it actually improves our team, it also creates a cluster**** for next year and likely several years down the road.

DL would deserve a kick in the testicles for that.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:33 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dingo View Post
My first guess was the Railroad but even I know that DL isn't that aggressive
Nope, both wrong.

Its a little known UFA playing somewhere down in the black hills of South Dakota named Rocky Ra.......... nevermind. Appears to have had some messy family issues and a significant injury.

Regehr. Or who some call the old grey mule. I like that one because he plays cantankerous and is slow.

It is comforting knowing that DL won't overpay for him.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:49 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post
Yep...Iginla only seemed to make sense if you ignored reality and just imagined a 2004 level Iginla because he would be back with Sutter.

A veteran on defense is the obvious need but, again, DL isn't going to pay a ridiculous price for a rental.

I still stand by the belief that Bernier is not moved during the season with DL's ultimate goal with Bernier being getting back into the 1st round of this year's draft. Problem there is the teams needing a goalie are primarily those with high first rounders so it may be difficult, plus there are more proven names out there like Lou and Miller...possibly Bryz if bought out.
I think Varlamov might have had more value than Bernier when he was traded but I'm looking at that trade as a benchmark for return. I don't know that somebody will be willing to pay that but the Kings should be able to at least get a 2nd rounder out of him, if not more.

Even though he is unproven compared to Ryan Miller et al, he also takes a much smaller cap hit and is younger which could be seen as a positive by teams that might be interested.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:54 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3 View Post
When did I say their GM should keep him ? You really have some reading problems sometimes, Ronny, same for Axl.

You both seem to miss quite a lot. Its astonishing.
I was referring to your sentimentality creeping into your decision making. Treat it like a business.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:56 PM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

Would love to make a run at Iginla this summer.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:58 PM
DontgoZiggy

Braydon Coburns name was mentioned by a Philly fan as a possible mover. Any interest in him? Big dman signed longterm with a Philly connection.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1387857

Old
03-28-2013, 12:58 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Boom boom boom

Let me hear you say Reijo!

Sorry, my niece had me watching that youtube clip for a couple of hours and I can't get it out of my head.

Rob Regehr.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:00 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontgoZiggy View Post
Braydon Coburns name was mentioned by a Philly fan as a possible mover. Any interest in him? Big dman signed longterm with a Philly connection.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1387857
We talked about him here too.

I like his game. He is having an off season. He gets paid waaaaay to much. We can do without him.

Closed Thread