HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Top 50: Islanders well represented in 11-20 section of 2013 Spring prospect rankings

Old
03-28-2013, 01:12 PM
SI90

vCash: 500
Love the strome and Reinhart love...

Esspecially Reinhart. People look at his point totals and get dissapointed but his game is so much more than that....

He STOPS goals and is so calm under pressure.

He will be back in EDM next year IMO and will be ready in time for Brooklyn...

As for Strome he will have a shot to be with the big club next year, mayby on the wing and then Center aftr he adjust to the NHL...

If he starts in the AHL i wouldnt be mad....

All in all very excited about these 2

SI90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 01:15 PM
19NYSports91

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
Love the strome and Reinhart love...

Esspecially Reinhart. People look at his point totals and get dissapointed but his game is so much more than that....

He STOPS goals and is so calm under pressure.

He will be back in EDM next year IMO and will be ready in time for Brooklyn...

As for Strome he will have a shot to be with the big club next year, mayby on the wing and then Center aftr he adjust to the NHL...

If he starts in the AHL i wouldnt be mad....

All in all very excited about these 2
Brock Nelson should definitely be on the list too.

19NYSports91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 01:18 PM
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning

vCash: 1800
Every fan has players they think should be on the list.

Ryan Murphy, Brock Nelson, Nicklas Jensen, etc.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 01:19 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Whoever is/has been watching the WCHA from their writing team is missing the mark in a big way.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Trafalgar McLaw
Waive Dallas Eakins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Every fan has players they think should be on the list.

Ryan Murphy, Brock Nelson, Nicklas Jensen, etc.
Yeah no...

Trafalgar McLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
forthewild

So Brodin who at 19 is in the NHL and playing so well that he's getting rave reviews from guys like, now I'm not sure if anyone here knows him but SCOTTY BOWMAN is 20th while guys who are still in juniors and have not shown a thing to say they will be better then Brodin.

I get the "lets rank guys for fun" but doesn't the body of work matter at all?

This list is just pure fail

forthewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jacko95

I appreciate that HF makes these lists, but sometimes I think a little more research could help a lot.
Vasilevski will most likely play in NA next season, as he isn't that happy with how his KHL team handled his situation and he wants to be in NA badly. So I (Tampa fan) expect him to play in the AHL next season.

Jacko95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 01:23 PM
start winnin
NO MORE TANK BOYS

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretskidoo View Post
Kreider sticks out like a sore thumb.
I really don't get the hype. Yes he's big and skates well but his hockey and his shot is slightly above average, but his hockey IQ will seriously hold him back.

start winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 01:24 PM
forthewild

Not one guy in the 11-20 category i'd take over Brodin at all, not even close to one guy.

forthewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SI90

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19NYSports91 View Post
Brock Nelson should definitely be on the list too.
when they came out with 41-50 and he was not there, I knew he wouldnt be on it...

Its ok because in 2 years the league will know who he is....

I wouldnt be shocked if he was our #2 center in the future and forced Strome to the wing...

SI90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Chaos
And the winner is...

Send a message via MSN to Chaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop Winnin View Post
I really don't get the hype. Yes he's big and skates well but his hockey and his shot is slightly above average, but his hockey IQ will seriously hold him back.
Thats all it is. They see size and great skating, and it blinds them to his lack of production over his entire college career, and now his brief time in both the AHL and the NHL.

Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 01:30 PM
Sidney the Kidney
Simmons' Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert View Post
He certainly isnt a better prospect then any D men listed in this list. Here is some perspective Wiercioch is playing in Ottawa's to four first pp is 5th in overall rookie scoring and wasnt even on the list. I think Despres was too high to be honest.
Why are you only comparing Despres to other defense prospects? I'm talking prospects, period.

Also, the Oilers hope Klefbom can perform as well for them as Despres is performing for the Pens. That's at least 1 defense prospect that *at this point in time* Despres should be ahead of, if you base it on actual performance and not on their draft position.

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 01:35 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

So based off of this we'll see Reinhart and Murray step in next year and be top 4 immediately? And then after that be top 20 defenseman?

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 01:35 PM
Felix Unger
formerly Dan-o16

Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
So Brodin who at 19 is in the NHL and playing so well that he's getting rave reviews from guys like, now I'm not sure if anyone here knows him but SCOTTY BOWMAN is 20th while guys who are still in juniors and have not shown a thing to say they will be better then Brodin.

I get the "lets rank guys for fun" but doesn't the body of work matter at all?

This list is just pure fail
Islanders fan, and I completely agree this is a huge problem. Brodin at 19 looks just like Kenny Jonsson at 22-23. If he gets better and stays healthy?

Cheers,

Dan-o

Felix Unger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 01:41 PM
Nolanitis

Lists are lists. They are going to be many changes in this list when they rank career stats. In all honesty, making a list of the top 50 prospects seems a bit impossible to me. They play in so many different leagues, develop differently etc. it is simply fodder to debate about.

Nolanitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 01:46 PM
ecemleafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop Winnin View Post
kreider has one of the best shots on our team...

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 01:53 PM
airforceones25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
kreider has one of the best shots on our team...
Guess that explains why the Rangers are fighting for the 8th spot in the East and 3rd to last in goals scored!

airforceones25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 01:53 PM
SirPaste
#HitchGonnaHitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macch View Post
There has always been some favoritism for certain teams. Like St. Louis, LA, and Rangers. Schwartz and Kreider that high? Eh
Yet no mention of Dmitri Jaskin or Ty Rattie

SirPaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 02:00 PM
CarvinSigX
The Toilet

vCash: 1000
Schwartz was clearly judged by stats, not by actually watching the player. He's behind Steen, Perron, and McDonald...Of course he doesn't get premium ice time. He's already making McDonald expendable for next year...And that's when I expect people to begin taking notice.

Edit: Also, don't knock Schwartz because your prospect was ranked poorly. Say where they should be on the list. You really think Team Canada chose him as a captain for the hell of it? Get real.

CarvinSigX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 02:06 PM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 925
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
And little disappointed that there's no Lindholm on this list. He may not have huge numbers or have played in many games but he's been Norfolk's best defender by quite a large margin as a 19 year old.
Don't worry, people we'll notice him in few years.

I think. I think he was the second best D behind Murray in12 draft. Granted, I'm no scout and haven't seen too much of all of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8bandarmadillo View Post

So based off of this we'll see Reinhart and Murray step in next year and be top 4 immediately? And then after that be top 20 defenseman?
This list is not based just on this season or next.

But I wouldn't be surprised at all if Murray jumps right in to Columbus top4 and shines like Brodin.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 02:09 PM
RomersWorld*

Just incredible that Chris Kreider is 10 spots better than Brandon Saad. Just laughable just like most of this list. What is Jaden Schwartz' upside that he is 12 spots better than Saad? I've seen Schwartz play a lot and I really think he will be one of those great 2nd/3rd line players who is great defensively. Brandon Saad is already a top 6 player and has the potential to be a 30/30+ player and I think he definitely hits that. I'll take Saad over Schwartz and day since 1) his potential is higher and 2) he is already better.

Vasilevskiy above Lehner...fine, whatever. But 10 spots better is crazy. Lehner should be lower than him anyways.

This whole list is just awful IMO. Guys like Brodin and Saad should be much lower. Just because they are better players right now doesn't mean their ceilings are somehow lower than some project prospect.

Just seems to me like HF collectively refuses to admit their rankings were bad in the fall. Chris Kreider and Brendan Smith should have had huge drops. Smith was 12th in the fall and Kreider was 11th. They dropped Smith to 26th and Kreider to 19th. These two guys are older prospects who were ranked so high in the Fall IMO because they were NHL ready and more mature. Yet, Smith has proven he is nothing special, an offensive defenseman who doesn't generate offense and Kreider can't even stick in the NHL on one of the worst offensive teams in the league. Most the time when a prospect reaches Smith's age they are a 3-4 year vet...not a rookie. For instance Nick Leddy was always behind Smith in prospects lists but Leddy is younger and better...just simply a better player/prospect. It is just annoying that is all. Of course a 23 year old in the AHL will do good...otherwise he won't be an NHLer. Jaden Schwartz as you remember was laughably put as the 7th best prospect in the fall ranking...he is now 18th but I'd put him closer to 30. That is just too far of a rankings fall though!!

RomersWorld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 02:10 PM
gretskidoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8bandarmadillo View Post

Top 4? They need to be real #1s playing 25 mins a night to be better than Brodin has been this year.

gretskidoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 02:14 PM
19NYSports91

Quote:
Originally Posted by InjuredChoker View Post
Don't worry, people we'll notice him in few years.

I think. I think he was the second best D behind Murray in12 draft. Granted, I'm no scout and haven't seen too much of all of them.

This list is not based just on this season or next.

But I wouldn't be surprised at all if Murray jumps right in to Columbus top4 and shines like Brodin.
How can you make a statement like that then?

19NYSports91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 02:18 PM
Sweech
Alles zu seiner Zeit

vCash: 6085
If this entire pool of players was put in a draft I would take Brodin, Murray, Trouba, and Gormley (probably in that order) over Reinhart without even thinking about it.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 02:28 PM
Vinegar Strokes
Grumkin

vCash: 1832
Griffin Reinhart, Ryan Murray, Derick Pouliot, Matt Dumba, Jacob Trouba all make the top-50, yet Hampus Lindholm doesn't, even though he was drafted higher than a few, plays in the best league out of all of them and has been Norfolk's best all around defender...makes sense.

Vinegar Strokes is offline   Reply With Quote