HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

[CGY/PIT] Jarome Iginla for Kenneth Agostino, Ben Hanowski, 2013 1st rounder - Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2013, 01:13 PM
kihei

vCash: 3140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
I really don't know if this trade puts the Pens on the level of the Hawks or Ducks.

Three head scratchers by Shero says he didn't have the confidence in the team he had and put on some desperation blinders and locked himself in a dark room with his cell phone.

The Pens just got a lot older and slower. Hardly something teams in the East should worry about. PP gets an awful lot better, what else?
Putting the best possible spin on it for your team's chances, eh? Whatever gets you through the night.

Old
mich25

vCash: 500
Unbelievable. Chiarelli just said in his press conference they were informed by Feaster the deal was done and the Bruins won at 12 pm yesterday. They were giving Jarome his space and time before doing the final paperwork and then Chiarelli got a call until 11:45 pm last night telling them Iginla was a Penguin and it was ultimately his decision.

Old
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNumber1Centre View Post
Really? Pretty sure every playoff contender would have liked to get their hand on the old and slow Iginla, Morrow and Murray.
I don't. Trying to roll the dice on older players who's best days are blips in the rear view mirror isn't gonna suddenly make teams want to aquire them.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:14 PM
AK

This is why GMs hate giving out NTCs. Can't blame Iginla for using the power he negotiated for himself.

Old
fallsviewafro*
truculent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solus View Post
since when is KoKo a flight risk? i've seen it mentioned a few times in this thread. he started the season playing in the KHL but why would he return to NA to play on a bad junior team then play in the AHL if he wasnt committed to making it in the NHL?
The point is that its not a guarantee. Is it unlikely that he's a flight risk? Probably. Does that exclude the chance of him every doing so? Absolutely not.

If BOS fans are able to insist Ago/Hank are bad and Koko is undeniably a better return, other people are allowed to make similar guesses and both sides are equally valid since they are both ultimately unknown outcomes.

Old
SickHandsNoShot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
ames Mirtle ‏@mirtle 1m

Yikes. RT @HackswithHaggs: Peter Chiarelli: "We were told at noon yesterday that we'd won the Jarome Iginla sweepstakes."

wow bush league CGY
Problem is they were told by Aron Ward

Old
mich25

BUSH league by Calgary!

Old
03-28-2013, 01:15 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mich25 View Post
BUSH league by Calgary!
If Feaster told Boston it was done then he ****ed up, he asked Iggy where he wanted and he said Pitts. Feaster should have told Boston that Iggy was going to Pitts unless they really added to the deal.

Old
MFSorcerer*

Quote:
I don't. Trying to roll the dice on older players who's best days are blips in the rear view mirror isn't gonna suddenly make teams want to aquire them.

Morrow and Iggy are absolutely built for the playoffs.

Old
mich25

Wow at 5pm Chiarelli making calls to Calgary and Feaster ignoring them! Wow just wow after telling them they won the Iginla sweepstakes and Chiarelli scratching players, and after Chiarelli signed Bart to a deal for Calgary and now they are stuck with that contract agains their tight cap.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:16 PM
MFSorcerer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickHandsNoShot View Post
Problem is they were told by Aron Ward

Hahaha. Nice.

Old
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS 4m

Jarome Iginla decided not to play for the Bruins, even if Boston was a team on his list. Deal was done with Flames. #RDS

Old
Solus

chia says first rounder was firm, not conditional

Old
fallsviewafro*
truculent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti of the Flow View Post
When you get a real prospect and an NHL defenseman?

Yeah, I'm the only person to have any issue about the way this trade was handled. The sole person on these forums.
You're the only one in this thread repeatedly dragging on an argument with no purpose, and a Boston fan to boot. The fact remains that Iggy is not a Bruin, and you're choosing to stomp your feet and cry about that big meanie Feaster instead of getting on with your life.

Remember what I said about continuing to make yourself look like a sore loser? Sarcasm doesn't do anything to help your cause. Keep it up.

Old
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowDash View Post
Holy ****, wtf?

I was watching anime this morning, and then I was like.. I'm going to go check out that BOS/CAL trade for Iginla and I had to quadruple take THEN pinch myself when I saw it said PIT.

Wtf happened?
I was watching the TSN feed--Aaron Ward announcing the deal and then went to the bathroom came back 5 minutes later and he was a Pen? I talked to a few bruins fans and they went to bed at 11pm Boston time thinking Iggy was a Bruin and woke up to this

They are confused

Talking with one--they were saying the bruins had scheduled a 930am press conference--that got cancelled

Welcome to Edmonton Connor McDavid--the rest of you HA HA HA HA HA HA
Old
03-28-2013, 01:17 PM
Jeremyisgood

Quote:
I really don't know if this trade puts the Pens on the level of the Hawks or Ducks.

Three head scratchers by Shero says he didn't have the confidence in the team he had and put on some desperation blinders and locked himself in a dark room with his cell phone.

The Pens just got a lot older and slower. Hardly something teams in the East should worry about. PP gets an awful lot better, what else?
You seem to be unaware of what the weaknesses of the Pens were. Grit, right handed shot on the PP, crease-clearing defenseman. Then the obvious benefit of bringing in veteran leadership, who have all missed out on chances of having their name put on the Stanley Cup. Those 3 guys have to believe, right now, is the best chance of their lives to win it all. That's going to pay dividends when games get tough.

And LA didn't seem desperate when they acquired Richards and Carter, did they? Playoff teams better themselves almost every year.

Old
AK

Quote:
I could go through recent NHL history and name all the older players rented at the deadline who then played pivotal roles in Cup wins, but I'd run out of bandwidth.

The Morrow pickup always seemed somewhat unnecessary to me, so I see your point, but how you could deduce that Jarome ****ing Iginla doesn't help a team's chances to win a championship is well beyond me.

Old
Johnsie19

Quote:
You realize Pascal Dupuis is a forth line player on any other line than Crosby's right. You also realize Iggy has never played with a good center. Is he ageing yup but this move will get him going again. Morrow is a heart and soul character guy who hits and frustrates teams and he has some scoring touch. Im assuming your a Hawks fan and a soiling your pants at the prospect of the Penguins now being better than the Hawks. Doug Murry is slow but could fill a role.

Old
ean

Would love to hear some details as to how this whole situation went down.

Sounds like Pittsburgh was ultimately the desired destination, either by Iggy or the org's determining, and Calgary used Boston to get a (better?) offer out of Pittsburgh.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:18 PM
Yeti of the Flow

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallsviewafro View Post
You're the only one in this thread repeatedly dragging on an argument with no purpose, and a Boston fan to boot. The fact remains that Iggy is not a Bruin, and you're choosing to stomp your feet and cry about that big meanie Feaster instead of getting on with your life.

Remember what I said about continuing to make yourself look like a sore loser? Sarcasm doesn't do anything to help your cause. Keep it up.
You should attempt reading posts and responding to them as written, as you clearly haven't. Numerous people have expressed angst at this situation.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:19 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

They stopped returning his calls from 5p yesterday.

Thats ****ed up jesus

Old
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelFish87 View Post
lol. why u so scared of the pens?
I truly wish I was. I see a team that's very pedestrian that just took what was out there on the trade market instead of actually placing themselves head and shoulders in the company of the elite teams of the league, the Ducks and Hawks.

Making trades for the sake of making a trade is counter productive if you don't have the faith in the team you have at the moment considering what it was that was acquired.

Old
Shinsuke Nakamura
King of Strong Style

Quote:
Pens over Hawks in 6 AINEC.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:20 PM
Turrican*
Not a homer

hahaha Feaster keeps gong showing his franchise.
First the potential waiver loss of ROR and now telling Bruins deal on!.. And deal off in 5 mins.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:20 PM
nTsplnk*

If your a GM and don't realize that, unless it is in writing, it isn't official, you should be fired.

What a stupid GM.

Closed Thread