HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[CGY/PIT] Jarome Iginla for Kenneth Agostino, Ben Hanowski, 2013 1st rounder - Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2013, 02:20 PM
Grandpabuzz

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Grandpabuzz
Well looks like there won't be any Flames/Bruins trades for a while.

Old
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
They stopped returning his calls from 5p yesterday.

Thats ****ed up jesus
Yea it sounds like Feaster really ****ed up.

Old
mich25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
They stopped returning his calls from 5p yesterday.

Thats ****ed up jesus
After being told they won the trade by Feaster. Like come on.....that's just reallllly bad!

Old
PsYcNeT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mich25 View Post
BUSH league by Calgary!
I've never heard of the bush league.

The Busch League on the other hand...

Old
03-28-2013, 02:21 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Cgy has to be the biggest joke org maybe in NHL history.

Almost losing ROR for a 1st and now this fiasco

Old
saillias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti of the Flow View Post
Yes, angry posts. People are angry. They should be angry.

Iginla did "take a dump" on the Flames organization. He could have given them a better return. Had he abided by the list Feaster has spoken about, his team would have had a great prospect, and a 6/7 D man on their way to Calgary, with a possible 1st if he were to sign with the Bruins for next season.

For what should I apologize? You haven't listed any "illogical drivel", other than people saying that they are angry.
The rumored Bruins package sucked. It was garbage.

22(?) Russians in the NHL, it's not the 90s anymore. They either become superstars or sign in the KHL for millions.

A conditional 1st with no certainty Iginla was going to re-sign. The fact it was conditional was pretty insulting in the first place

As an asset the D is not even worth mentioning he has negative value to the Flames, none whatsoever he simply costs us a contract spot. We have 5 of him. Potentially the next Chris Butler? ok. I'll take the less predictable college guys and the guaranteed 1st over Iggy for a 24 year old AHL dman.

Old
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFSorcerer View Post
Morrow and Iggy are absolutely built for the playoffs.
I would hope so considering neither have been to the playoffs in quite some time.

Old
03-28-2013, 02:22 PM
blankall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solus View Post
since when is KoKo a flight risk? i've seen it mentioned a few times in this thread. he started the season playing in the KHL but why would he return to NA to play on a bad junior team then play in the AHL if he wasnt committed to making it in the NHL?
All Russians are flight risks. Their numbers in the NHL have dramatically dwindled over the last few years. That's a fact.

It's not a guarantee that Koko goes to Russia, but a very real and substantial risk. He would not be the first Russian player to play in the OHL, struggle in the NHL, and then go back to the KHL for lots of money. I don't blame them. I'd rather be making millions in my home country now, than play in the AHL for 100k or so and have no guarantees of making the NHL. It doesn't matter if he is commited to the OHL now, when the reality of his economic/professional situations sets in, things can change.

Old
03-28-2013, 02:23 PM
MFSorcerer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
I would hope so considering neither have been to the playoffs in quite some time.

Laugh all you want, man. They are warriors and will absolutely punish the opposition in the playoffs opening up the ice for the two best players in the world.

Old
mich25

1st was also guaranteed no conditional per Chia. Bruins players were informed they were being traded. Feaster could have stopped the rumors and damage control the Bruins have to do know if he simply returned his call at 5 pm! Just so so wrong.

Old
nTsplnk*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leman Russ View Post
hahaha Feaster keeps gong showing his franchise.
First the potential waiver loss of ROR and now telling Bruins deal on!.. And deal off in 5 mins.
He was telling the truth.The deal was done from Flame's perspective-just needed Boston's and Iginla's approval.

Can't blame Iginla for not wanting to go to Boston. Their starting goalie throws temper tantrums.

Old
Yeti of the Flow

Quote:
Originally Posted by saillias View Post

22(?) Russians in the NHL, it's not the 90s anymore. They either become superstars or sign in the KHL for millions.

A conditional 1st with no certainty Iginla was going to re-sign. The fact it was conditional was pretty insulting in the first place

As an asset the D is not even worth mentioning he has negative value to the Flames, none whatsoever he simply costs us a contract spot. We have 5 of him. Potentially the next Chris Butler? ok. I'll take the less predictable college guys and the guaranteed 1st over Iggy for a 24 year old AHL dman.
You're incorrect. Also, the first, as it turns out, wasn't conditional.

Old
Johnsie19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
I truly wish I was. I see a team that's very pedestrian that just took what was out there on the trade market instead of actually placing themselves head and shoulders in the company of the elite teams of the league, the Ducks and Hawks.

Making trades for the sake of making a trade is counter productive if you don't have the faith in the team you have at the moment considering what it was that was acquired.
dude the Ducks are going out first round. How could ever think they are better than Pitts. And how could adding two captains, heart and soul playoff guys who can score while not losing a roster player be a bad thing. You my friend are MR. stats and standings and basketball is likely your favorite sport you probably haven't watched a full hockey game this year.

Old
03-28-2013, 02:24 PM
Shoofyou10

Feaster shouldn't have told Boston they were getting Iggy without checking with him first. But in the end it seems like Jarome used his veto power to veto the Boston trade and make the deal happen in Pittsburgh. He wanted to play in Pittsburgh and that was it. The power of the NTC

Old
03-28-2013, 02:24 PM
mlm

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherDigest View Post
He was telling the truth.The deal was done from Flame's perspective-just needed Boston's and Iginla's approval.

Can't blame Iginla for not wanting to go to Boston. Their starting goalie throws temper tantrums.
what ever

Old
03-28-2013, 02:25 PM
mich25

You could have had the curtsey Feaster to at least answer Chiarelli's phone calls at 5pm. He could have prevented all the rumors, false reports and players on the Bruins being told they have been traded!

Old
03-28-2013, 02:26 PM
duckchobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leman Russ View Post
hahaha Feaster keeps gong showing his franchise.
First the potential waiver loss of ROR and now telling Bruins deal on!.. And deal off in 5 mins.
Actually it was 2pm he was told deal on! and not until 11:45 was he told deal off!

Old
03-28-2013, 02:26 PM
John McClane

vCash: 990
What an odd situation.

Old
03-28-2013, 02:27 PM
3rdEye
HF Official Producer

Better than losing him for nothing I guess. That 1st round pick better be huge.

Old
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremyisgood View Post
You seem to be unaware of what the weaknesses of the Pens were. Grit, right handed shot on the PP, crease-clearing defenseman. Then the obvious benefit of bringing in veteran leadership, who have all missed out on chances of having their name put on the Stanley Cup. Those 3 guys have to believe, right now, is the best chance of their lives to win it all. That's going to pay dividends when games get tough.
And were those weakness actually fixed? Who knows. But the fact remains trying to put your chances on a Cup in the hands of two main pieces who haven't even been in the playoffs in years and a slow footed defenseman who is, on an actual playoff team with even a hint of respectable depth, a seven, I question just how much more these trades will accomplish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremyisgood View Post
And LA didn't seem desperate when they acquired Richards and Carter, did they? Playoff teams better themselves almost every year.
I truly hope we are not trying to compare two players in their prime to two players in their 30's with one closer to 40 then 30.

Old
nTsplnk*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bourque77bourque View Post
what ever
Exactly. Boston will be fine without iginla.

Obviously Iginla didn't want to play with you guys. Sucks but maybe next time before your management starts leaking that he was yours you should read the fine print.

or wait-actually wait for actual fine print to be put on paper to sign. This is all on Boston's GM.

Old
PAZ

I wonder if Shero acquiring Morrow and Murray made Iggy have a change of heart.

Old
03-28-2013, 02:28 PM
TSC*
KPD IS ADB

Quote:
Originally Posted by saillias View Post

It wasn't a conditional 1st - so stop being so angry.

Old
mich25

You don't tell a team you've WON, and then don't return their phone calls for almost 7 hours, to only inform them "Sorry, Iginla's going to Pittsburgh now" Verbal agreements are usually solid in the NHL and teams don't backtrack after giving one out to a GM. Also you dont' allow other teams you are making a deal with to healthy scratch players involved either if you can't stay true to your word.

Old
duckchobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherDigest View Post
If your a GM and don't realize that, unless it is in writing, it isn't official, you should be fired.

What a stupid GM.
I find it hard to believe that many major league sports GMs would go back on their word after that. It's basically the good ol boys club rule #1.

Closed Thread