HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[CGY/PIT] Jarome Iginla for Kenneth Agostino, Ben Hanowski, 2013 1st rounder - Part 2

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-28-2013, 01:29 PM
  #876
TSC*
KPD IS ADB
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Boston, Ma
Country: United States
Posts: 470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherDigest View Post
Exactly. Boston will be fine without iginla.

Obviously Iginla didn't want to play with you guys. Sucks but maybe next time before your management starts leaking that he was yours you should read the fine print.

or wait-actually wait for actual fine print to be put on paper to sign. This is all on Boston's GM.
Chiarelli didn't leak anything. He was one of the few people consistently saying no deal was done, even though he was told by Feaster that it was.

Stop speaking out of your ass if you don't know what you're talking about.

TSC* is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 01:29 PM
  #877
blankall
Registered User
 
blankall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mich25 View Post
You could have had the curtsey Feaster to at least answer Chiarelli's phone calls at 5pm. He could have prevented all the rumors, false reports and players on the Bruins being told they have been traded!
Not how business negotiations work. Boston were trying to bend Calgary over by offering conditional firsts and relatively weak prospects. People are suppossed to feal sorry for them? Throw the Flames a better offer, and their management will go to greater lengths to help you get a deal with Iggy done. Take a hard bargaining position, and the Flames will be less enthusiastic.

That's the way business works. Sorry Boston. As a Flames fan I would have lost it, if the return was conditional 1st plus mid-Russian prospect. The Pitts deal is much much better. Plus Iggy is more likely to win a cup and come back to Calgary.

blankall is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 01:29 PM
  #878
PsYcNeT
Registered User
 
PsYcNeT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mich25 View Post
You don't tell a team you've WON, and then don't return their phone calls for almost 7 hours, to only inform them "Sorry, Iginla's going to Pittsburgh now"
You can do whatever you want until the papers are signed.

PsYcNeT is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 01:29 PM
  #879
northstarnicky
Registered User
 
northstarnicky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
I've never heard of the bush league.

The Busch League on the other hand...
No, The Bush League was a softball league in the early 90's made up from retired 1970's and 1980's female porn stars. It's now defunct.

northstarnicky is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 01:29 PM
  #880
fallsviewafro
truculent
 
fallsviewafro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,326
vCash: 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti of the Flow View Post
You should attempt reading posts and responding to them as written, as you clearly haven't. Numerous people have expressed angst at this situation.
In the last few pages before the Chiarelli presser, its been nothing but you, baby. And even if these "numerous people" are expressing "angst..." there is a strong correlation between BOS fans crying foul and nobody else giving an actual ****.

Seriously, dude. You can be sad all you want that Feaster is mean and this is bush league and wah wah wah but at the end of the day, Iggy's not a Bruin. You can ***** and moan about this all you'd like, but that's the end result.

Here's the problem: you're never going to know if it was Feaster who set this all up intentionally, or it was Iggy saying "you know what, I'd rather go to Pittsburgh instead" at the last minute. Is it unlikely? Perhaps, but who knows? The point is that its an unknown. Even assuming that Chiarelli is telling 100% the gods honest truth, which is also unknown given how much face he could save by doing otherwise, this all comes down to nothing. Iggy's not a Bruin. You have absolutely nothing to gain from being upset over this. You say something like "Feaster's an ass" as if it actually means something; anyone who has paid any attention to anything Feaster has done ever could tell you this already.

PS - Iggy's not a Bruin. Just wanted to re-iterate the end result and how useless your continued panty-twisting is.

fallsviewafro is online now  
Old
03-28-2013, 01:29 PM
  #881
Hockey Shmokey
Registered User
 
Hockey Shmokey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 241
vCash: 500
The more I hear about how it all went down, it sounds more to me like most of the blame should go to Feaster here than anyone else.

Hockey Shmokey is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 01:30 PM
  #882
nTsplnk*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 5,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
I find it hard to believe that many major league sports GMs would go back on their word after that. It's basically the good ol boys club rule #1.
It's business. Happens all the time.

There's a reason we have lawyers, contracts etc. Spoken words mean nothing.

And for all we know Chia is just sour grapes because Iginla decided he wanted to play on the Pens.

nTsplnk* is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 01:30 PM
  #883
PayItForward
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Not how business negotiations work. Boston were trying to bend Calgary over by offering conditional firsts and relatively weak prospects. People are suppossed to feal sorry for them? Throw the Flames a better offer, and their management will go to greater lengths to help you get a deal with Iggy done. Take a hard bargaining position, and the Flames will be less enthusiastic.

That's the way business works. Sorry Boston. As a Flames fan I would have lost it, if the return was conditional 1st plus mid-Russian prospect. The Pitts deal is much much better. Plus Iggy is more likely to win a cup and come back to Calgary.
The 1st was not conditional.

PayItForward is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 01:31 PM
  #884
KOHitter87
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 446
vCash: 500
I'm sorry, but i dont get how Iginla is getting away unscaped. He gave them a list Boston was on the list yet he still gets to pick his team. No doubt the Flames messed up should'nt have even told him about Pitts deal if they really wanted the best deal.

KOHitter87 is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 01:31 PM
  #885
Martini*
Gods Team
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,786
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK View Post
I could go through recent NHL history and name all the older players rented at the deadline who then played pivotal roles in Cup wins, but I'd run out of bandwidth.
Since the lock out, then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK View Post
The Morrow pickup always seemed somewhat unnecessary to me, so I see your point, but how you could deduce that Jarome ****ing Iginla doesn't help a team's chances to win a championship is well beyond me.
I questioned it. Iggy also hasn't touched the playoffs in how many years? I also question if these moves puts the Pens on the elite level of the Ducks and Hawks. I don't think so considering I don't think the Pens now have the speed needed to keep up with both.

Martini* is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 01:31 PM
  #886
blankall
Registered User
 
blankall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mich25 View Post
You don't tell a team you've WON, and then don't return their phone calls for almost 7 hours, to only inform them "Sorry, Iginla's going to Pittsburgh now" Verbal agreements are usually solid in the NHL and teams don't backtrack after giving one out to a GM.
You do whatever you want. Especially when a team is low balling you. Provide a better offer and Feaster puts more pressure on Iggy to take the deal.

Also, where's the link to the 1st being unconditional or that it was a done deal? Boston management seemed pretty enthusiastic there was no deal last night, but are changing their story now. Seems like damage control for failing to get their man, wasting managements time within their own organization, and making two of their own players needlessly sit.

blankall is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 01:31 PM
  #887
nTsplnk*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 5,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSC View Post
Chiarelli didn't leak anything. He was one of the few people consistently saying no deal was done, even though he was told by Feaster that it was.
yea and then the next day *****es and cries and says the deal was done? Bull and you know it. Your tears-they're so good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSC View Post
Stop speaking out of your ass if you don't know what you're talking about.
In other words "I'm mad so I'm going to insult you!"

nTsplnk* is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 01:31 PM
  #888
VanCanucks14
Registered User
 
VanCanucks14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,654
vCash: 500
We all know whining isn't their style so I think it's kind of funny how they're having a press conference for this.

VanCanucks14 is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 01:32 PM
  #889
Pens1566
Registered User
 
Pens1566's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: WV
Country: United States
Posts: 11,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
I would hope so considering neither have been to the playoffs in quite some time.
Not sure who you're trying to convince ... if it's the rest of the forum, I'd suggest you quit since it's not going to work. If it's yourself, by all means continue. We're enjoying the ... humor.

Pens1566 is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 01:32 PM
  #890
MFSorcerer*
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 382
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
Since the lock out, then.

I questioned it. Iggy also hasn't touched the playoffs in how many years? I also question if these moves puts the Pens on the elite level of the

The Pens are in the elite level of the league even without Iggy.

MFSorcerer* is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 01:32 PM
  #891
Yeti of the Flow
Registered User
 
Yeti of the Flow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 1,437
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallsviewafro View Post
In the last few pages before the Chiarelli presser, its been nothing but you, baby. And even if these "numerous people" are expressing "angst..." there is a strong correlation between BOS fans crying foul and nobody else giving an actual ****.

Seriously, dude. You can be sad all you want that Feaster is mean and this is bush league and wah wah wah but at the end of the day, Iggy's not a Bruin. You can ***** and moan about this all you'd like, but that's the end result.

Here's the problem: you're never going to know if it was Feaster who set this all up intentionally, or it was Iggy saying "you know what, I'd rather go to Pittsburgh instead" at the last minute. Is it unlikely? Perhaps, but who knows? The point is that its an unknown. Even assuming that Chiarelli is telling 100% the gods honest truth, which is also unknown given how much face he could save by doing otherwise, this all comes down to nothing. Iggy's not a Bruin. You have absolutely nothing to gain from being upset over this. You say something like "Feaster's an ass" as if it actually means something; anyone who has paid any attention to anything Feaster has done ever could tell you this already.

PS - Iggy's not a Bruin. Just wanted to re-iterate the end result and how useless your continued panty-twisting is.
For someone posting on an internet forum, you sure dislike discussion. Do you understand the point of a forum?

Yeti of the Flow is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 01:32 PM
  #892
nTsplnk*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 5,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOHitter87 View Post
I'm sorry, but i dont get how Iginla is getting away unscaped. He gave them a list Boston was on the list yet he still gets to pick his team. No doubt the Flames messed up should'nt have even told him about Pitts deal if they really wanted the best deal.
Flames messed up last year, at this point they're lucky they got w hat they got.

Calgary would be in worse position to rebuild if they screwed over the best player on their team for the last decade.

nTsplnk* is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 01:32 PM
  #893
OILSLICK94
Registered User
 
OILSLICK94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: London Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 683
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOHitter87 View Post
I'm sorry, but i dont get how Iginla is getting away unscaped. He gave them a list Boston was on the list yet he still gets to pick his team. No doubt the Flames messed up should'nt have even told him about Pitts deal if they really wanted the best deal.
My sentiments Exactly.....

But Iggy is a "good Canadian Boy"

OILSLICK94 is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 01:33 PM
  #894
fallsviewafro
truculent
 
fallsviewafro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,326
vCash: 1075
I find it interesting that Feaster is immediately assumed to be lying and untruthful as a result of this situation, but Chiarelli could say something like "the first was not conditional" AFTER the fact when he can save a lot of face by misrepresenting himself to make Feaster look like the *******.

What is the Bruins org gonna do? Out Chiarelli as a liar? No. We'll never know the true story here, and everyone taking Chiarelli's word as 100% truthful needs their head checked.

fallsviewafro is online now  
Old
03-28-2013, 01:33 PM
  #895
Martini*
Gods Team
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,786
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsie19 View Post
dude the Ducks are going out first round. How could ever think they are better than Pitts. And how could adding two captains, heart and soul playoff guys who can score while not losing a roster player be a bad thing. You my friend are MR. stats and standings and basketball is likely your favorite sport you probably haven't watched a full hockey game this year.
Neither have been to the playoffs in years.


This gift keeps on giving.

Martini* is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 01:33 PM
  #896
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van
 
Lucbourdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 39,517
vCash: 50
damien Cox ‏@DamoSpin 4m
Quote:
May not be what CAL fans want to hear, but Ben Hanowski, one of 2 collegians acquired in Iginla deal, can be UFA on Aug. 15th.

Lucbourdon is online now  
Old
03-28-2013, 01:34 PM
  #897
chuckdobbins
Moderator
 
chuckdobbins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 24,439
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherDigest View Post
It's business. Happens all the time.

There's a reason we have lawyers, contracts etc. Spoken words mean nothing.

And for all we know Chia is just sour grapes because Iginla decided he wanted to play on the Pens.
Verbal contracts are very much legitimate.

chuckdobbins is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 01:34 PM
  #898
nTsplnk*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 5,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
Neither have been to the playoffs in years.
So what? It's a team game.

nTsplnk* is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 01:34 PM
  #899
blankall
Registered User
 
blankall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOHitter87 View Post
I'm sorry, but i dont get how Iginla is getting away unscaped. He gave them a list Boston was on the list yet he still gets to pick his team. No doubt the Flames messed up should'nt have even told him about Pitts deal if they really wanted the best deal.
If the first was conditional, the Pitts deal was miles better. If it wasn't then the deals were very comparable. I'd rather take the Pitts deal, as Russians are gambles. It's not as though one deal was clearly better than the other. They both involve subjective valuation of prospects that are far from sure things.

blankall is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 01:34 PM
  #900
MFSorcerer*
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 382
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
Neither have been to the playoffs in years.


This gift keeps on giving.

You are coming of as really, really insecure. You are delusional if you don't think the Pens are elite and are in an even better position for the playoffs with Iggy and Morrow in their line up.

MFSorcerer* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:01 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.