HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Obvious !!!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-23-2003, 08:49 PM
  #1
jeff962b
Respect Demitra
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Springfield, Missour
Posts: 137
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to jeff962b
Obvious !!!

OK, I am going to watch how I phrase this, because granted 1 game was against Detroit. Also, I am sure this has been posted somewhere this current season, at sometime. With that said.......................

We need a pure sniper. I am not counting Bogy, or Jackman (not that he is some goal scorer anyway) but when you take away 3 guys like Tkachuk, Weight, and Cajanek, and look that flat against Chicago sometrhing needs to be done. I haven't researched this at all guys, this is by pure gut feeling. But I can't believe we count on 2 guys SO much. I exclude Cajanek because although I like him a ton, I think we can score plenty of goals without him. Weight and Tkachuk go out and this offense was dead. Granted, matbe a pure sniper won't help. But I can't think it would hurt.

I am a HUGE, I mean HUGE Demitra fan. Take a look at my office if you don't think so. But he can't do it alone. That's quite obvious.

Eh, I dunno. That game tonight was bad. Chicago I will admit has out number so to speak. But we looked horrid. At the same time, we have been rolling along so well, maybe it was due?

Here is a crazy notion. Larry P, pick up the phone (wondering if I may catch a rash of $hit for this) and give Cliff Ronning's agent a call. I can't think it would hurt.


Sorry for the rant guys..................

jeff962b is offline  
Old
12-24-2003, 01:20 AM
  #2
c-carp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Illinois
Posts: 9,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff962b
OK, I am going to watch how I phrase this, because granted 1 game was against Detroit. Also, I am sure this has been posted somewhere this current season, at sometime. With that said.......................

We need a pure sniper. I am not counting Bogy, or Jackman (not that he is some goal scorer anyway) but when you take away 3 guys like Tkachuk, Weight, and Cajanek, and look that flat against Chicago sometrhing needs to be done. I haven't researched this at all guys, this is by pure gut feeling. But I can't believe we count on 2 guys SO much. I exclude Cajanek because although I like him a ton, I think we can score plenty of goals without him. Weight and Tkachuk go out and this offense was dead. Granted, matbe a pure sniper won't help. But I can't think it would hurt.

I am a HUGE, I mean HUGE Demitra fan. Take a look at my office if you don't think so. But he can't do it alone. That's quite obvious.

Eh, I dunno. That game tonight was bad. Chicago I will admit has out number so to speak. But we looked horrid. At the same time, we have been rolling along so well, maybe it was due?

Here is a crazy notion. Larry P, pick up the phone (wondering if I may catch a rash of $hit for this) and give Cliff Ronning's agent a call. I can't think it would hurt.


Sorry for the rant guys..................
Cliff ronning is too old and hes a center we need wingers. Hopefully LP will find the right one when he does pull the trigger. As far as tonights game just chalk that up to one of the 82 where none of the guys had anything and that is going to happen.

c-carp is offline  
Old
12-24-2003, 03:51 AM
  #3
TimothyR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 125
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by c-carp
As far as tonights game just chalk that up to one of the 82 where none of the guys had anything and that is going to happen.
True. But the problem is that was one of the game in hand against Detroit and it was against a cellar dweller.

TimothyR is offline  
Old
12-24-2003, 12:07 PM
  #4
Plager05
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sewers
Posts: 2,430
vCash: 500
Isn't Peter Bondra available?

Plager05 is offline  
Old
12-24-2003, 09:45 PM
  #5
c-carp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Illinois
Posts: 9,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimothyR
True. But the problem is that was one of the game in hand against Detroit and it was against a cellar dweller.
I agree, but for some reason the Hawks seem to have our number. They have beat us Twice this year largely because we have played two absolutely horrible games against them.

c-carp is offline  
Old
12-24-2003, 09:48 PM
  #6
c-carp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Illinois
Posts: 9,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plager05
Isn't Peter Bondra available?
I would imagine if the Caps keep playing like **** they may look to unload people like Bondra. They just made the coaching change however so you would think that they would want to give the new coach some time with the key players such as Bondra and see how they play for him. By reading some comments on the Caps board their seemed to be major friction between Cassidy and quite a few of the caps key players Not just Jagr.

Also What does Bondra make a year, I imagine it is pretty good coin.

c-carp is offline  
Old
12-25-2003, 04:25 AM
  #7
execwrite
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Peekskill, NY
Posts: 3,502
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by c-carp
I would imagine if the Caps keep playing like **** they may look to unload people like Bondra. They just made the coaching change however so you would think that they would want to give the new coach some time with the key players such as Bondra and see how they play for him. By reading some comments on the Caps board their seemed to be major friction between Cassidy and quite a few of the caps key players Not just Jagr.

Also What does Bondra make a year, I imagine it is pretty good coin.
I think Bondra is around $4 million, but remember the Blues will only owe him half of that or whatever portion of the season is left if they get him. I think there's a team option on his one remaining year of his contract.

Not that expensive.

execwrite is offline  
Old
12-25-2003, 04:35 AM
  #8
210
Registered User
 
210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Worcester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,494
vCash: 500
He makes $4,500,000.00 per the NHLPA site.

210 is offline  
Old
12-25-2003, 03:38 PM
  #9
topshelf331
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Stl
Country: United States
Posts: 2,199
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to topshelf331 Send a message via Yahoo to topshelf331
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff962b
OK, I am going to watch how I phrase this, because granted 1 game was against Detroit. Also, I am sure this has been posted somewhere this current season, at sometime. With that said.......................

We need a pure sniper. I am not counting Bogy, or Jackman (not that he is some goal scorer anyway) but when you take away 3 guys like Tkachuk, Weight, and Cajanek, and look that flat against Chicago sometrhing needs to be done. I haven't researched this at all guys, this is by pure gut feeling. But I can't believe we count on 2 guys SO much. I exclude Cajanek because although I like him a ton, I think we can score plenty of goals without him. Weight and Tkachuk go out and this offense was dead. Granted, matbe a pure sniper won't help. But I can't think it would hurt.

I am a HUGE, I mean HUGE Demitra fan. Take a look at my office if you don't think so. But he can't do it alone. That's quite obvious.

Eh, I dunno. That game tonight was bad. Chicago I will admit has out number so to speak. But we looked horrid. At the same time, we have been rolling along so well, maybe it was due?

Here is a crazy notion. Larry P, pick up the phone (wondering if I may catch a rash of $hit for this) and give Cliff Ronning's agent a call. I can't think it would hurt.


Sorry for the rant guys..................
I agree with everything youve said, except ronning. He's no sniper. Although i think with all our key players in the lineup,plus bogi, we would be fine. But you are right a winger who could finnish would be what would put us over the top. Plus it adds insurence if someone else goes down.

topshelf331 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.