HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Obvious !!!

Closed Thread

Old
12-23-2003, 08:49 PM
jeff962b
Respect Demitra

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to jeff962b
Obvious !!!

OK, I am going to watch how I phrase this, because granted 1 game was against Detroit. Also, I am sure this has been posted somewhere this current season, at sometime. With that said.......................

We need a pure sniper. I am not counting Bogy, or Jackman (not that he is some goal scorer anyway) but when you take away 3 guys like Tkachuk, Weight, and Cajanek, and look that flat against Chicago sometrhing needs to be done. I haven't researched this at all guys, this is by pure gut feeling. But I can't believe we count on 2 guys SO much. I exclude Cajanek because although I like him a ton, I think we can score plenty of goals without him. Weight and Tkachuk go out and this offense was dead. Granted, matbe a pure sniper won't help. But I can't think it would hurt.

I am a HUGE, I mean HUGE Demitra fan. Take a look at my office if you don't think so. But he can't do it alone. That's quite obvious.

Eh, I dunno. That game tonight was bad. Chicago I will admit has out number so to speak. But we looked horrid. At the same time, we have been rolling along so well, maybe it was due?

Here is a crazy notion. Larry P, pick up the phone (wondering if I may catch a rash of $hit for this) and give Cliff Ronning's agent a call. I can't think it would hurt.

Sorry for the rant guys..................

Old
12-24-2003, 01:20 AM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff962b
OK, I am going to watch how I phrase this, because granted 1 game was against Detroit. Also, I am sure this has been posted somewhere this current season, at sometime. With that said.......................

We need a pure sniper. I am not counting Bogy, or Jackman (not that he is some goal scorer anyway) but when you take away 3 guys like Tkachuk, Weight, and Cajanek, and look that flat against Chicago sometrhing needs to be done. I haven't researched this at all guys, this is by pure gut feeling. But I can't believe we count on 2 guys SO much. I exclude Cajanek because although I like him a ton, I think we can score plenty of goals without him. Weight and Tkachuk go out and this offense was dead. Granted, matbe a pure sniper won't help. But I can't think it would hurt.

I am a HUGE, I mean HUGE Demitra fan. Take a look at my office if you don't think so. But he can't do it alone. That's quite obvious.

Eh, I dunno. That game tonight was bad. Chicago I will admit has out number so to speak. But we looked horrid. At the same time, we have been rolling along so well, maybe it was due?

Here is a crazy notion. Larry P, pick up the phone (wondering if I may catch a rash of $hit for this) and give Cliff Ronning's agent a call. I can't think it would hurt.

Cliff ronning is too old and hes a center we need wingers. Hopefully LP will find the right one when he does pull the trigger. As far as tonights game just chalk that up to one of the 82 where none of the guys had anything and that is going to happen.

Old
12-24-2003, 03:51 AM
TimothyR

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-carp
As far as tonights game just chalk that up to one of the 82 where none of the guys had anything and that is going to happen.
True. But the problem is that was one of the game in hand against Detroit and it was against a cellar dweller.

Old
12-24-2003, 12:07 PM
Plager05

Isn't Peter Bondra available?

Old
12-24-2003, 09:45 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimothyR
True. But the problem is that was one of the game in hand against Detroit and it was against a cellar dweller.
I agree, but for some reason the Hawks seem to have our number. They have beat us Twice this year largely because we have played two absolutely horrible games against them.

Old
12-24-2003, 09:48 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plager05
Isn't Peter Bondra available?
I would imagine if the Caps keep playing like **** they may look to unload people like Bondra. They just made the coaching change however so you would think that they would want to give the new coach some time with the key players such as Bondra and see how they play for him. By reading some comments on the Caps board their seemed to be major friction between Cassidy and quite a few of the caps key players Not just Jagr.

Also What does Bondra make a year, I imagine it is pretty good coin.

Old
12-25-2003, 04:25 AM
execwrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-carp
I would imagine if the Caps keep playing like **** they may look to unload people like Bondra. They just made the coaching change however so you would think that they would want to give the new coach some time with the key players such as Bondra and see how they play for him. By reading some comments on the Caps board their seemed to be major friction between Cassidy and quite a few of the caps key players Not just Jagr.

Also What does Bondra make a year, I imagine it is pretty good coin.
I think Bondra is around $4 million, but remember the Blues will only owe him half of that or whatever portion of the season is left if they get him. I think there's a team option on his one remaining year of his contract.

Not that expensive.

Old
12-25-2003, 04:35 AM

He makes $4,500,000.00 per the NHLPA site.

Old
12-25-2003, 03:38 PM
topshelf331

Send a message via ICQ to topshelf331 Send a message via Yahoo to topshelf331
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff962b

I agree with everything youve said, except ronning. He's no sniper. Although i think with all our key players in the lineup,plus bogi, we would be fine. But you are right a winger who could finnish would be what would put us over the top. Plus it adds insurence if someone else goes down.

Closed Thread