HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors 2013 Part III

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2013, 01:02 PM
KingsFan7824

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
I think Varlamov might have had more value than Bernier when he was traded but I'm looking at that trade as a benchmark for return. I don't know that somebody will be willing to pay that but the Kings should be able to at least get a 2nd rounder out of him, if not more.
Varlamov got traded in 2011 for a 2012 1st round pick. So when Colorado got him, they figured he would make them better, and the pick going to Washington wouldn't be as high.

There doesn't seem to be enough of a goalie market to get a 1st round pick this season in a trade involving Bernier. Maybe a 2014 1st rounder. Unless a team is sort of desperate, and willing to pay a significant price for an unproven goaltender. If what Lombardi is looking for is a 1st.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:02 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Boom boom boom

Let me hear you say Reijo!

Sorry, my niece had me watching that youtube clip for a couple of hours and I can't get it out of my head.

Rob Regehr.
She made you watch it for a couple hours?!! Poor TG. My condolences.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:03 PM
kings11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
I think Varlamov might have had more value than Bernier when he was traded but I'm looking at that trade as a benchmark for return. I don't know that somebody will be willing to pay that but the Kings should be able to at least get a 2nd rounder out of him, if not more.

Even though he is unproven compared to Ryan Miller et al, he also takes a much smaller cap hit and is younger which could be seen as a positive by teams that might be interested.
While that's correct a good/great playoffs will only increase his value, btw he was already viewed as having 1st rd+ prospect value... Maybe even kuznetsov and forsberg from Washington

Old
03-28-2013, 01:07 PM
DontgoZiggy

Quote:
We talked about him here too.

I like his game. He is having an off season. He gets paid waaaaay to much. We can do without him.
Yeah, his cap hit is quite high, perhaps he can be acquired for less because of it or they can retain some of his cap (still don't understand how that works) Other than Regher, who else is on the radar?

Old
03-28-2013, 01:13 PM
bral
Go Kings!

I feel like i'm saying this every year at this time but, any chance we can pry Gleason back from Carolina?

Old
03-28-2013, 01:16 PM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bral View Post
I feel like i'm saying this every year at this time but, any chance we can pry Gleason back from Carolina?
They love him, so I really doubt it.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:20 PM
Reclamation Project
I Not Much Like LA

vCash: 592
It must be really tough to see Iginla get away. Dean obviously wasn't going to pay what Feaster wanted, but seeing him finally become available and not acting (for future success) must be a little hard to accept. Same goes for Sutter.

What are the odds we see Iginla sign an extension before the playoffs are over? I'd say pretty high.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:30 PM
KingsFan7824

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
It must be really tough to see Iginla get away. Dean obviously wasn't going to pay what Feaster wanted, but seeing him finally become available and not acting (for future success) must be a little hard to accept. Same goes for Sutter.

What are the odds we see Iginla sign an extension before the playoffs are over? I'd say pretty high.
As long as the Penguins wanted to get Iginla(and they're all in, so), that's where he was going. Outside of getting Crosby on the Kings, there's nothing Lombardi could've offered to get Iginla.

Iginla wasn't looking out for the future of the Flames, so the best deal didn't matter. He's looking to get his name on the Cup.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:41 PM
BigKing
Spot Picker

I love Ryan Clowe and Lombardi (drafted him) does too. SJ probably doesn't trade him to LA but I think DL will be all over him in free agency as the LW replacement for Penner.

I don't care about his zero goals this season: he's an animal that would fit in perfectly with Sutter's gameplan, plus he can fight ANYONE in this league.

Everything would be right in the world between the anti-goon contingent and the man that fights the good fight, Mr. Johnny Utah. Kings would have Clowe, Clifford and Nolan to handle any rough stuff while not being liabilities.

Guy comes to play in the playoffs as well.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:44 PM
Vino

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post
I love Ryan Clowe and Lombardi (drafted him) does too. SJ probably doesn't trade him to LA but I think DL will be all over him in free agency as the LW replacement for Penner.
We don't have caproom to sign Clowe.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:45 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

I'm glad we didn't get Iginla. He's a great player and all but we really didn't need him. We already have two solid right wingers in our top 6 (Williams and Carter) Carter having twice as many goals this season as Iginla and now we have Toffoli in that mix as well. Plus it looked like a first round pick was going have to be in the deal. Honestly, I don't think we're in position to be trading another 1st round pick. If we had dealt our '14 1st rounder to Calgary. We would've only drafted once in the first round in 4 years! And that one pick would've been the 30th no less.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:47 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vino View Post
We don't have caproom to sign Clowe.
Yes they do. You don't know what his cap hit will be or who is returning next year.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:48 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTKingsFan View Post
I'm glad we didn't get Iginla. He's a great player and all but we really didn't need him. We already have two solid right wingers in our top 6 (Williams and Carter) Carter having twice as many goals this season as Iginla and now we have Toffoli in that mix as well. Plus it looked like a first round pick was going have to be in the deal. Honestly, I don't think we're in position to be trading another 1st round pick. If we had dealt our '14 1st rounder to Calgary. We would've only drafted once in the first round in 4 years! And that one pick would've been the 30th no less.
If any team is in a position to trade a first rounder, it's the reigning champs trying for another Cup.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:50 PM
Maynard

Send a message via AIM to Maynard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post

I don't care about his zero goals this season: he's an animal that would fit in perfectly with Sutter's gameplan, plus he can fight ANYONE in this league.

Everything would be right in the world between the anti-goon contingent and the man that fights the good fight, Mr. Johnny Utah. Kings would have Clowe, Clifford and Nolan to handle any rough stuff while not being liabilities.

Guy comes to play in the playoffs as well.
Clowe is one of those guys that contributes. Even when he's on the bench.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:52 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Ryan O'Byrne and Smid are pretty beefy.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:57 PM
theMajor

vCash: 3066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post

Old
03-28-2013, 02:03 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Clowe would be **** here in L.A.

Old
03-28-2013, 02:12 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
We talked about him here too.

I like his game. He is having an off season. He gets paid waaaaay to much. We can do without him.
I agree we can do without him, and the bolded is why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kings11 View Post
While that's correct a good/great playoffs will only increase his value, btw he was already viewed as having 1st rd+ prospect value... Maybe even kuznetsov and forsberg from Washington
Are you suggestion Bernier for Kuznetsov and Forsberg? If so, that is beyond nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post

They already have $553.7 million commited to 16 players and have Iginla, Morrow, Dupuis, Matt Cooke, Craig Adams, Doug Murray and Mark Eaton as UFA's. They have $10.6 million to fill out several holes, I doubt they'll use half of that on Iginla (or more). Unless Iginla signs a sweetheart deal, or Pittsburgh does something to clear cap space, odds are against him returning.

Old
03-28-2013, 02:14 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Clowe would be **** here in L.A.
Man, Clowe has knocked our ****'s in several times throughout the years. I don't know what happened this season but that guys had some pretty impressive numbers as well as our beloved "intangibles" in prior years..

I think I'd still love to see him in a Kings uniform, the main thing I'd worry about is stupid penalties.

Old
03-28-2013, 02:14 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post

Old
03-28-2013, 02:17 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Kings Drummer View Post
Man, Clowe has knocked our ****'s in several times throughout the years. I don't know what happened this season but that guys had some pretty impressive numbers as well as our beloved "intangibles" prior to this season.

I think I'd still love to see him in a Kings uniform, the main thing I'd worry about is stupid penalties.
Yeah, I'd love Clowe here as well. And I wouldn't worry about him taking stupid penalties. Sutter has a way of keeping his players in line.

Old
03-28-2013, 02:18 PM
kings11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
I agree we can do without him, and the bolded is why.

Are you suggestion Bernier for Kuznetsov and Forsberg? If so, that is beyond nuts.

They already have $553.7 million commited to 16 players and have Iginla, Morrow, Dupuis, Matt Cooke, Craig Adams, Doug Murray and Mark Eaton as UFA's. They have $10.6 million to fill out several holes, I doubt they'll use half of that on Iginla (or more). Unless Iginla signs a sweetheart deal, or Pittsburgh does something to clear cap space, odds are against him returning.
My bad didn't notice that mistake it's kuz or forsberg plus for bernier

Old
03-28-2013, 02:19 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Clowe has 0 goals in 25 games this season. Yeah, he'd be a perfect fit for the Kings need for a 2nd line forward!

Seriously guys? Are we really setting that low of a standard?

Old
03-28-2013, 02:21 PM
KingsFan7824

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post

I was about as mad that day as Bruin fans are today.

Old
03-28-2013, 02:24 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Clowe has 0 goals in 25 games this season. Yeah, he'd be a perfect fit for the Kings need for a 2nd line forward!

Seriously guys? Are we really setting that low of a standard?
I wouldn't add him for the 2nd line. I'd add him for the 3rd/4th lines and if he brings back the offense, awesome. Even if we don't need him for the 3rd/4th line, he'd be great insurance and we can plug him in there a lot better than the perrenial pressbox poser Brad Richardson.

Closed Thread