Notices

Iginla to Pittsburgh!!

Old
03-28-2013, 01:08 PM
saillias

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleury14 View Post
Did not like the Bruins package though with the Khoklachev (and the 'Russian factor'), a future 3rd pairing D (maybe), and a conditional 1st. At least we get a guaranteed additional 1st for this year's draft.
This, the Bruins return was garbage. Iginla obviously wasn't going to re-sign in Boston. The press conference confirms that, he has no idea what his future holds and coming back to Calgary is a possibility.

Russians don't stay in the NHL unless they're elite. Only 20ish now. Boston can keep that one.

The other guy as a trade asset is not even worth learning how to spell his name properly. He has the potential to maybe someday be Chris Butler. lmao.

saillias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 01:20 PM
Bruin4Life

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by saillias View Post
This, the Bruins return was garbage. Iginla obviously wasn't going to re-sign in Boston. The press conference confirms that, he has no idea what his future holds and coming back to Calgary is a possibility.

Russians don't stay in the NHL unless they're elite. Only 20ish now. Boston can keep that one.

The other guy as a trade asset is not even worth learning how to spell his name properly. He has the potential to maybe someday be Chris Butler. lmao.
Craig Button is that you

btw this russian factor.. Koko started the year in the KHL and left to come play hockey in the NHL. Left on a bad note to.

Bruin4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 01:27 PM
saillias

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin4Life View Post
Craig Button is that you

btw this russian factor.. Koko started the year in the KHL and left to come play hockey in the NHL. Left on a bad note to.
No, I'm poster saillias and telling you the Bruins package was worse than the Pens one. I'm aware Button made the Butler comparison I also made it based on the career of this guy so far. How is a 24 year old AHL dman valuable trade asset. He's negative value. He's a waste of a contract spot.

saillias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 01:38 PM
jcardoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by saillias View Post

Joe Haggerty ‏@HackswithHaggs
Peter Chiarelli confirmed it was a "firm" 1st roundpick offered along w/Khokhlachev and Bartkowski. Not conditional as previously reported

Just dropping this off. Good luck in the future.

https://twitter.com/HackswithHaggs/s...44399824650242

jcardoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 01:40 PM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcardoso View Post
Peter Chiarelli confirmed it was a "firm" 1st roundpick offered along w/Khokhlachev and Bartkowski. Not conditional as previously reported

And both Feaster and Iginla said the deal from Pittsburgh was acceptable, and done because that was Iggy's preference.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 01:41 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcardoso View Post

I call bull. Just trying to save face for missing out on a huge asset.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 01:47 PM
jcardoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
If you watch the presser, you'd see that he didn't need that to save his face. It was in response to a question by a reporter.

I think that his candidness about the whole thing only made Bruins fans appreciate him more.

jcardoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 01:50 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
I dunno Tsn still says it was conditional but they ****ed up as well.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 01:57 PM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

Small bit of not-so-random trivia:

After the Flames traded Theoren Fleury in 1999, they went on to win 7 of their next 11 games.

Would be awesome if today's Flames could do the same.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:59 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post

After the Flames traded Theoren Fleury in 1999, they went on to win 7 of their next 11 games.

Not really, that sounds like just about the record we would need to reach 9th, and have a middle of the pack draft pick.

Old
03-28-2013, 02:01 PM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

Quote:
Not really, that sounds like just about the record we would need to reach 9th, and have a middle of the pack draft pick.
Yeah, well like, that's just your opinion man.

I'd be cool with a winning streak right about now.

Old
03-28-2013, 02:02 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:

Not impossible as we have 6 more home games in the next 11, but the playoffs are so far out it would only worsen a draft pick.

Old
03-28-2013, 02:04 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:
Yeah, well like, that's just your opinion man.

I'd be cool with a winning streak right about now.
Knowing the Flames, you'll probably get your wish

Old
03-28-2013, 02:10 PM
Gabriel6676

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyungnam View Post
Hey guys. Oil fan here. I really feel for you guys. It was the same when Smyth got traded away. But I don't think iggy comes back in the summer. I think he will exhaust his talents looking for a cup and come back when he's a shell of himself to retire. But that's just my opinion
Agreed. Though some would like to think that he will return, the Bruins deal speaks to the fact that this is not the expectation. The idea was that Iginla would resign with Boston. It could still occur but those sayiing that Ignla returning is clearly a part of the plan are fooling themselves IMO.

And that is another issue - those following this organization should realize that this was about ownership not being willing to do what was necessary until way too late. The return on Iginla is about the fact that trading an aging asset in the last year of a contract is not a great idea. It also speaks to the fact that your owner has been trying to do the same thing unsuccessfully year after year for a long time now. This organization at this point is about keeping its head in the sand until it is too late to do anything else. Fooling yourself that it all makes sense doesnt help. You should be calling for the owners head.

Gabriel6676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 02:11 PM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Not impossible as we have 6 more home games in the next 11, but the playoffs are so far out it would only worsen a draft pick.

NSFW

(Ignore me, I'm finished with denial and anger, and onto the bargaining stage now)

Old
03-28-2013, 02:15 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel6676 View Post
Agreed. Though some would like to think that he will return, the Bruins deal speaks to the fact that this is not the expectation. The idea was that Iginla would resign with Boston. It could still occur but those sayiing that Ignla returning is clearly a part of the plan are fooling themselves IMO.

And that is another issue - those following this organization should realize that this was about ownership not being willing to do what was necessary until way too late. The return on Iginla is about the fact that trading an aging asset in the last year of a contract is not a great idea. It also speaks to the fact that your owner has been trying to do the same thing unsuccessfully year after year for a long time now. This organization at this point is about keeping its head in the sand until it is too late to do anything else. Fooling yourself that it all makes sense doesnt help. You should be calling for the owners head.
Based on what lol? Iginla rejected the Boston deal. If anything it indicated he didn't want to sign a deal with them.

Old
03-28-2013, 02:16 PM
Gxgear

Well, you do get a first...hope Iginla comes back or the NW wouldn't be the same without him.

Gxgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 02:17 PM
Raymones

I've been a huge Flames fan since Mr. Loob laced 'em up with Lanny. Iginla has definitily been my favourite player since he entered the league. Such a great person, role model, leader and hockey player! This is indeed a very sad day as a fan and I somewhat understand the Feaster rants from some of you.

My 2 cents: if the story about Feaster letting Jerome choose his team is true, I totally agree with Feaster. Trading for prospects is always a gamble, there is just no way to know if this trade will work out better or worse than what the Bruins offered. They aquired a couple of prospects and an extra chance to pick in the first round. But the most important thing: Iginla got the last word. He, if anyone, deserves to be treated with the same respect he always treated the organisation, community and fans. I'm happy with the way it all went down. Good luck Jerome, hopefully I get to see you raise the cup and retire as a Flame!

Raymones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 02:18 PM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

Quote:

First off, speculating that it could be part of a plan, and stating it as fact are two completely different things.

And secondly, you can't fire an owner.

Old
03-28-2013, 02:19 PM
Gabriel6676

Quote:
Based on what lol? Iginla rejected the Boston deal. If anything it indicated he didn't want to sign a deal with them.
That could be. But if the plan was for Iginla to come back dont you think that at some point the two parties would have found a way to explore this idea and have tried to find a deal that would allow that to happen? Instead they were willing to let Iginla go to a team on the condition that he be resigned.

Also, what kind of messaging is it to Iginla to present him with a deal in which it would be hoped that he would resign with that team? If you are going to get him back this is a poor way of going about it.

Old
03-28-2013, 02:20 PM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

Quote:
That could be. But if the plan was for Iginla to come back dont you think that at some point the two parties would have found a way to explore this idea and have tried to find a deal that would allow that to happen? Instead they were willing to let Iginla go to a team on the condition that he be resigned.

Also, what kind of messaging is it to Iginla to present him with a deal in which it would be hoped that he would resign with that team? If you are going to get him back this is a poor way of going about it.
The pick from Boston wasn't conditional, that was cleared up a while ago.

Old
03-28-2013, 02:21 PM
Gabriel6676

Quote:
First off, speculating that it could be part of a plan, and stating it as fact are two completely different things.

And secondly, you can't fire an owner.
The pooint is that the speculation seems unsupported by logic given the circumstances and not that it was stated as fact.

You cant fire an owner but you can appropriately assign causation to him and express dissatisfaction in the hopes of creating change. (e.g. Chicago)

Old
03-28-2013, 02:22 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
The pick from Boston wasn't conditional, that was cleared up a while ago.
Tsn still says other wise

Old
03-28-2013, 02:23 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Tsn still says other wise
Yeah there is a lot of confusion about this right now...I still think it was probably conditional, and they are changing their tune after the fact.

Old
03-28-2013, 02:25 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
I've always enjoyed Iginla's play, but after hearing his presser today - I became a life long fan. He's a guy you just completely buy into. He's a class act. I just can't believe how amazingly genuine he is. Much like your organization is. I hope those prospects work out and are huge stars and sooner rather than later you guys are back in the Cup Finals.

ColePens is online now   Reply With Quote