HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What's going on? Part 3

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-21-2013, 10:51 AM
  #676
Truth Movement
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 274
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
http://lowetide.ca/blog/2007/10/marc-pouliot-2.html

http://lowetide.ca/blog/2011/06/sail...azy-train.html

and then there is/was his embarrassing cuddlemance with Shawn Horcoff. Seems like a nice guy and I have nothing against him really, I mean I am responding to you attacking a different media personality publicly, but since you asked, those are three of the players that he has been a little off about.

His show/blog and numbers schtick isnt really my bag. I prefer to assess the game by actually watching it, but to each their own I suppose.

Paajarvi seems to be the new flavour of the day for the pocket protector crowd. Im glad that he has seen a resurgence in his game, but 20 some games has really proven exactly nothing atm. So throwing stones at anyone for saying anything about him or his game either way is very premature. Whether it be Spector for allegedly saying Paajarvi is no good (I dont personally think that is what he believes) or you and others saying he is the new Shawn Horcoff.

Here's an idea. Why dont you call into Spec's show and confront him with your evidence on his mistaken views on Paajarvi?
Lowetide liked MAP for some baffling reason, but I never really thought he was particularily high on JFJ. Like most, he saw that JFJ had great tools, but that other factors (injury, lack of skill) brought reality to light.
Also, how is he wrong on saying Shawn Horcoff is a useful hockey player that remains one of our better options at centre? You're a "by eye" guy, did you not watch last night's game?

Also, I know I'm dealing with one of HFOil's pre-eminent trolls here, so I'm probably not long for sticking this argument out, but I will say that some people are stats guys and some are "by eye" guys. I think the best and smartest hockey fans are able to find a balance. Witnessing a player firsthand gives you a hypothesis on him, and the backing stats round that hypothesis into a thesis. There are guys who lean really hard on the nerd stuff (so much of the Oilogosphere is this way) and guys who just go off "saw him good" or a gut feeling (so much, but not all, of the MSM is this way). Some guys are a nice balance and I would consider Lowetide to be one of those guys. His radio show is a little more stats heavy, but then again, the idea behind the show is that it is blog radio, so that might be compensating a bit.
Also, let's cool it with the "putting words in other people's mouths to further our argument" thing. You can simplify what I'm saying to mean "Derp, Spec hatez PRV!!" but it just makes the shallowness of you argument stand out more.
Spector said that MPS was not a top 6 player on this team and was ill-suited for a bottom 6 role (where he added the team needed more good Canadian boys and less soft Euros - his words, not mine). The stats nerds that you look down your nose at said "in the few instances that he's played with skill (which includes roughly two games from the previous season) MPS has enjoyed offensive success. When not playing in that role, he has become one of the few Oilers to push the puck in the right direction. Even when the offense isn't coming, he's a safe player."
Spector said the Oilers needed more "grit" and "sandpaper" in their bottom six (again, not untrue) and less guys trying to create offense (a dubious claim for a team that has struggled with 5v5 scoring). These are things he said. Out loud. I am not putting any words in his mouth nor am I presuming something.
Presuming something would be me saying that if Spector were running the team, MPS (a useful hockey player) would be playing on the farm and Eager (a not-very-useful hockey player) would still be on the team because of Good Ol' Canadian gritensity.

Also, my beef with Spec also stems from years and years of hearing him on the radio and thinking "what the **** is he talking about?"

Truth Movement is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 11:02 AM
  #677
SephF
Thanks Smytty
 
SephF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,505
vCash: 500
Strudwicks post game show is great, like mentioned earlier it just blows 630 ched out of the water. Struds seems like a great guy, very fun to listen to.

SephF is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 12:23 PM
  #678
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,276
vCash: 7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth Movement View Post
Lowetide liked MAP for some baffling reason, but I never really thought he was particularily high on JFJ. Like most, he saw that JFJ had great tools, but that other factors (injury, lack of skill) brought reality to light.
Also, how is he wrong on saying Shawn Horcoff is a useful hockey player that remains one of our better options at centre? You're a "by eye" guy, did you not watch last night's game?

Also, I know I'm dealing with one of HFOil's pre-eminent trolls here, so I'm probably not long for sticking this argument out, but I will say that some people are stats guys and some are "by eye" guys. I think the best and smartest hockey fans are able to find a balance. Witnessing a player firsthand gives you a hypothesis on him, and the backing stats round that hypothesis into a thesis. There are guys who lean really hard on the nerd stuff (so much of the Oilogosphere is this way) and guys who just go off "saw him good" or a gut feeling (so much, but not all, of the MSM is this way). Some guys are a nice balance and I would consider Lowetide to be one of those guys. His radio show is a little more stats heavy, but then again, the idea behind the show is that it is blog radio, so that might be compensating a bit.
Also, let's cool it with the "putting words in other people's mouths to further our argument" thing. You can simplify what I'm saying to mean "Derp, Spec hatez PRV!!" but it just makes the shallowness of you argument stand out more.
Spector said that MPS was not a top 6 player on this team and was ill-suited for a bottom 6 role (where he added the team needed more good Canadian boys and less soft Euros - his words, not mine). The stats nerds that you look down your nose at said "in the few instances that he's played with skill (which includes roughly two games from the previous season) MPS has enjoyed offensive success. When not playing in that role, he has become one of the few Oilers to push the puck in the right direction. Even when the offense isn't coming, he's a safe player."
Spector said the Oilers needed more "grit" and "sandpaper" in their bottom six (again, not untrue) and less guys trying to create offense (a dubious claim for a team that has struggled with 5v5 scoring). These are things he said. Out loud. I am not putting any words in his mouth nor am I presuming something.
Presuming something would be me saying that if Spector were running the team, MPS (a useful hockey player) would be playing on the farm and Eager (a not-very-useful hockey player) would still be on the team because of Good Ol' Canadian gritensity.

Also, my beef with Spec also stems from years and years of hearing him on the radio and thinking "what the **** is he talking about?"
Disagreeing with your opinion constitutes trolling?

Hypothesis? Thesis? This is hockey we are talking about here, not academia. Marc Spector is a professional journalist/analyst/commentator who works for a national network. Lowetide is an ad salesman with a hockey blog and a small but loyal cult like following that you can count on your fingers and toes.

If you have been following along I have given Horcoff credit for his role on the team THIS year. Lowetide and other like minded citizens were pumping Horcoff's tires as a first line center (he is not and rarely ever was), outscorer, and the engine that drives the Oilers for YEARS. Sorry, but that is embarrassing, wrong and should be admitted as such by even the most ardent Lowetide fan.

I am the Liquor is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 12:41 PM
  #679
Slats432
Registered User
 
Slats432's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth Movement View Post
Lowetide liked MAP for some baffling reason, but I never really thought he was particularily high on JFJ. Like most, he saw that JFJ had great tools, but that other factors (injury, lack of skill) brought reality to light.
Also, how is he wrong on saying Shawn Horcoff is a useful hockey player that remains one of our better options at centre? You're a "by eye" guy, did you not watch last night's game?

Also, I know I'm dealing with one of HFOil's pre-eminent trolls here, so I'm probably not long for sticking this argument out, but I will say that some people are stats guys and some are "by eye" guys. I think the best and smartest hockey fans are able to find a balance. Witnessing a player firsthand gives you a hypothesis on him, and the backing stats round that hypothesis into a thesis. There are guys who lean really hard on the nerd stuff (so much of the Oilogosphere is this way) and guys who just go off "saw him good" or a gut feeling (so much, but not all, of the MSM is this way). Some guys are a nice balance and I would consider Lowetide to be one of those guys. His radio show is a little more stats heavy, but then again, the idea behind the show is that it is blog radio, so that might be compensating a bit.
Also, let's cool it with the "putting words in other people's mouths to further our argument" thing. You can simplify what I'm saying to mean "Derp, Spec hatez PRV!!" but it just makes the shallowness of you argument stand out more.
Spector said that MPS was not a top 6 player on this team and was ill-suited for a bottom 6 role (where he added the team needed more good Canadian boys and less soft Euros - his words, not mine). The stats nerds that you look down your nose at said "in the few instances that he's played with skill (which includes roughly two games from the previous season) MPS has enjoyed offensive success. When not playing in that role, he has become one of the few Oilers to push the puck in the right direction. Even when the offense isn't coming, he's a safe player."
Spector said the Oilers needed more "grit" and "sandpaper" in their bottom six (again, not untrue) and less guys trying to create offense (a dubious claim for a team that has struggled with 5v5 scoring). These are things he said. Out loud. I am not putting any words in his mouth nor am I presuming something.
Presuming something would be me saying that if Spector were running the team, MPS (a useful hockey player) would be playing on the farm and Eager (a not-very-useful hockey player) would still be on the team because of Good Ol' Canadian gritensity.

Also, my beef with Spec also stems from years and years of hearing him on the radio and thinking "what the **** is he talking about?"
I think Lowetide liked MAP because the rest of us at the time wanted to punch KLo in the face for trading away a pick that could have been used on Parise (Among others) in the best draft in decades. Trying to make lemonade out of lemons that had rotted with dog crap on them.

Agree with you on Spec though. He does give off a Donald S. Cherry impression from time to time, but MPS is just now developing into what we had hoped he would be when selected.

Up until recently, Spec was right. A soft perimeter player in the bottom six doesn't help, and the other guys in the top six are more skilled.

Slats432 is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 12:53 PM
  #680
Truth Movement
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 274
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Disagreeing with your opinion constitutes trolling?

Hypothesis? Thesis? This is hockey we are talking about here, not academia. Marc Spector is a professional journalist/analyst/commentator who works for a national network. Lowetide is an ad salesman with a hockey blog and a small but loyal cult like following that you can count on your fingers and toes.

If you have been following along I have given Horcoff credit for his role on the team THIS year. Lowetide and other like minded citizens were pumping Horcoff's tires as a first line center (he is not and rarely ever was), outscorer, and the engine that drives the Oilers for YEARS. Sorry, but that is embarrassing, wrong and should be admitted as such by even the most ardent Lowetide fan.
Disagree with me all you want, I'm just looking at your posting history.

Hypothesis and thesis aren't big words. I'm sure you're capable of keeping up. Giving a guy more credence because he's a professional journalist and not a "blogger sitting in his mom's basement" is exactly the kind of rhetoric that keeps guys like Spector going. Keep it up. Lowetide's small but loyal following has given him the opportunity tobecome one of the more influential voices in the Oilers media market. He was a coveted blogger that was snagged by Oilersnation - which is home to MSM guys like Robin Brownlee, Jason Gregor and Jason Strudwick - because he is good at what he does. He ain't perfect (his Smid fear-mongering is a bit much), but he does what he does with a level of even-handedness and humility that is rare in both the MSM and the blogosphere.

Also, the stuff about Lowetide pumping Horcoff's tires in excess is simply false.

Truth Movement is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 12:59 PM
  #681
Truth Movement
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 274
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats432 View Post
Agree with you on Spec though. He does give off a Donald S. Cherry impression from time to time, but MPS is just now developing into what we had hoped he would be when selected.

Up until recently, Spec was right. A soft perimeter player in the bottom six doesn't help, and the other guys in the top six are more skilled.
Like I said, MPS, in his small sample size playing alongside skilled players (from Gagner to Hemsky to even Omark) has enjoyed offensive success. Unfortunately for him, his career was beginning to be defined by his time playing with Belanger. Is MPS a banger? Heavens, no. Put then again, I've heard Spector refer to him as small, which is mathematically incorrect. When the offense wasn't coming for MPS, he was still playing safe hockey. He wasn't bleeding chances against. No one's saying he's the second coming of Horcoff, but I think there have been a few people who saw a player who could fill the Pisani/Dvorak role - savvy, safe and with a touch of skill. Spector was calling for a bottom six of tough guys, offense be damned. I like tough guys and I LOVE agitators, but guys like MPS will be what pushes this team over the top, not more Ben Eagers.

Truth Movement is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 01:17 PM
  #682
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,276
vCash: 7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth Movement View Post
Disagree with me all you want, I'm just looking at your posting history.
Oh so this has nothing to do with the context of this conversation but is more of a personal shot at myself for no reason other than taking a personal shot?


Quote:
Hypothesis and thesis aren't big words. I'm sure you're capable of keeping up. Giving a guy more credence because he's a professional journalist and not a "blogger sitting in his mom's basement" is exactly the kind of rhetoric that keeps guys like Spector going. Keep it up. Lowetide's small but loyal following has given him the opportunity tobecome one of the more influential voices in the Oilers media market. He was a coveted blogger that was snagged by Oilersnation - which is home to MSM guys like Robin Brownlee, Jason Gregor and Jason Strudwick - because he is good at what he does. He ain't perfect (his Smid fear-mongering is a bit much), but he does what he does with a level of even-handedness and humility that is rare in both the MSM and the blogosphere.
Sorry, but trying to give the appearance of "looking intelligent" by using fancy jargon unrelated to the subject is pretty much a tell that your argument is a bunch of brown bananas. In the scope of things, Lowetide is a nobody.

Quote:
Also, the stuff about Lowetide pumping Horcoff's tires in excess is simply false.
Absolute nonsense. From the outscoring phenomena to the need for a third line center to take the load off of Horcoff dogma to my personal favourite- the on ice save percentage theory is reason for Horcoff's team leading minus numbers...........its been a steady stream of poo and nonsense for years on the subject of Horcoff. Years. Plural. Literally.

I am the Liquor is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 02:27 PM
  #683
Truth Movement
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 274
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Oh so this has nothing to do with the context of this conversation but is more of a personal shot at myself for no reason other than taking a personal shot?
While I 100% stand by what I said, I sunk to that level. So...redacted.


Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Sorry, but trying to give the appearance of "looking intelligent" by using fancy jargon unrelated to the subject is pretty much a tell that your argument is a bunch of brown bananas.
Well now this is just silly. You don't like my point of view so you resort to "look at this phony intellectual with his purty mouth" grandstanding? Just because I said "Saw him good = hypothesis, stats = thesis," it doesn't automatically mean I'm tap-dancing over an unfounded argument. Here's how it works:
"Boy, that guy really looks like a good player out there. Oh look, his underlying fancy stats (Corsi, Fenwick, shots, WOWY, +/-) are also very impressive. Therefore, he is a good player."


Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
In the scope of things, Lowetide is a nobody.
Sure, but then what does that say about your opinion? Or mine. Well, actually, by your thinking, my thinking is more legitimate than yours seeing as how I'm a journalist with MSM hockey writing credentials.
While I am those things, I don't believe that my opinion is more valid than yours and neither do you. The same rule applies for Mark Spector. Sure, he's a real live journalist, but that doesn't give his opnion any more cache than mine or yours or Lowetide's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Absolute nonsense. From the outscoring phenomena to the need for a third line center to take the load off of Horcoff dogma to my personal favourite- the on ice save percentage theory is reason for Horcoff's team leading minus numbers...........its been a steady stream of poo and nonsense for years on the subject of Horcoff. Years. Plural. Literally.
OK OK. Lowetide has said positive things about Horcoff during times when the Edmonton faithful saw him good enough to want to run him out of town. You don't like Horcoff (obviously, since you keep bringing him up). You don't like fancy stats Nancy boys like Lowetide (a nobody). Spector, who I do find eminently listenable, is your guy. That's cool. I think he frequently comes off as ill-informed or like he's simply not paying attention. Then again, what do I know. I thought MPS was a legitimate hockey player last season and I think Horcoff is still integral to this team. I'm the crazy one.

Truth Movement is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 03:07 PM
  #684
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,276
vCash: 7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth Movement View Post
Well now this is just silly. You don't like my point of view so you resort to "look at this phony intellectual with his purty mouth" grandstanding? Just because I said "Saw him good = hypothesis, stats = thesis," it doesn't automatically mean I'm tap-dancing over an unfounded argument. Here's how it works:
"Boy, that guy really looks like a good player out there. Oh look, his underlying fancy stats (Corsi, Fenwick, shots, WOWY, +/-) are also very impressive. Therefore, he is a good player."
Bunk is bunk. Corsi, fenwick, PDO, etc is just that. Not fit for rational consumption. A hammer made out of feathers, while looking impressive and given a fancy name like Quill Mallet is impressive to some perhaps, but in the end is utterly useless.

Quote:
Sure, but then what does that say about your opinion? Or mine. Well, actually, by your thinking, my thinking is more legitimate than yours seeing as how I'm a journalist with MSM hockey writing credentials.
While I am those things, I don't believe that my opinion is more valid than yours and neither do you. The same rule applies for Mark Spector. Sure, he's a real live journalist, but that doesn't give his opnion any more cache than mine or yours or Lowetide's.
You were the one bashing Spector, while at the same time heaping praise on Lowetide. Not me. I took issue with your (imo) misleading characterization of Spector's position on Paajarvi (what was the date of those tweets btw?), along with your characterization of Lowetide as the "best" Oilerblogger/radio guy/whatever. Neither were particularly truthful which is ironic considering your pseudonym.

Im sure Spector would be amused/impressed to see a real live journalist slagging him from behind a facade.

Quote:
OK OK. Lowetide has said positive things about Horcoff during times when the Edmonton faithful saw him good enough to want to run him out of town. You don't like Horcoff (obviously, since you keep bringing him up). You don't like fancy stats Nancy boys like Lowetide (a nobody). Spector, who I do find eminently listenable, is your guy. That's cool. I think he frequently comes off as ill-informed or like he's simply not paying attention. Then again, what do I know. I thought MPS was a legitimate hockey player last season and I think Horcoff is still integral to this team. I'm the crazy one.
Do you have any examples of this in your "posting history"?

You are making assumptions. I like Horcoff. I liked Horcoff when he broke into the league. I like what he brings to the table in his role now. What I always took issue with were the feeble attempts to portray him as something he was not and the arrogance displayed towards those who were not "enlightened".

I do not dislike Lowetide. I think he has a real knack for writing. I rarely agree with his opinions. To each their own.

Spector is pretty good overall. Much better than the infomercial down the dial.

I am the Liquor is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 03:30 PM
  #685
Truth Movement
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 274
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Bunk is bunk. Corsi, fenwick, PDO, etc is just that. Not fit for rational consumption. A hammer made out of feathers, while looking impressive and given a fancy name like Quill Mallet is impressive to some perhaps, but in the end is utterly useless.
By whose standards are these stats useless? I don't think they tell the whole story, but are they simply bunk because you say they're bunk? You make your statements like they're hard facts. Do you have some authority on this, is your ego that big or are you just trolling?


Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
You were the one bashing Spector, while at the same time heaping praise on Lowetide. Not me. I took issue with your (imo) misleading characterization of Spector's position on Paajarvi (what was the date of those tweets btw?), along with your characterization of Lowetide as the "best" Oilerblogger/radio guy/whatever. Neither were particularly truthful which is ironic considering your pseudonym.

Im sure Spector would be amused/impressed to see a real live journalist slagging him from behind a facade.
Spector's Tweets were taken from March 1 after MPS was bunched following a very strong game in Chicago and on March 4 following the Mike Brown trade. They are taken from two different days, but both in the context of the same ongoing conversation (Gregor also chimes in with some inanity if you care to look it up), No need to call them into question. Go ahead and verify if you think I'm lying. I listened to his show today and Spector even admitted that he was wrong on MPS. All I'm saying is that he's wrong a lot. This is just the most recent example.

Lowetide ain't perfect, but I'm comfortable saying that his blog is, to me, the best in the Oilogosphere (stats-based, but not pedantic or overly reactionary). Also, as a host I find him very genial, natural and well-spoken. I like other guys too. But Lowetide's is the only one I'll make an effort to catch.

My point about being a media guy was not to say how great I am (I'm not), but just to say that credentials don't exactly buy you authority. I'm small stakes, so my name on here is not a means of protecting my career or anything, but I also wouldn't be the first media guy taking aim at another in the area. That scene has a ****-ton of infighting, a criticism for which Mark Spector is not immune.



Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Do you have any examples of this in your "posting history"?

You are making assumptions. I like Horcoff. I liked Horcoff when he broke into the league. I like what he brings to the table in his role now. What I always took issue with were the feeble attempts to portray him as something he was not and the arrogance displayed towards those who were not "enlightened".

I do not dislike Lowetide. I think he has a real knack for writing. I rarely agree with his opinions. To each their own.

Spector is pretty good overall. Much better than the infomercial down the dial.
No, I don't post here a tonne. Nor do I post on Lowetide much or Copper & Blue or anywhere else.
Like I said, I don't hate Spector as a personality (despite the recent weird anti-Euro stuff), he just leaves me wanting as an analyst.

Truth Movement is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 05:43 PM
  #686
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,276
vCash: 7000
Jason Gregor asked Krueger about Yakupov and late game situations on his show today. First msm to do so as far as I know, so good on him.

I am the Liquor is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 05:44 PM
  #687
SephF
Thanks Smytty
 
SephF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,505
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Jason Gregor asked Krueger about Yakupov and late game situations on his show today. First msm to do so as far as I know, so good on him.
What did Krueger say?

SephF is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 04:28 PM
  #688
JimmyHardFace
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 31
vCash: 500
Is it just me or was there noises in the background of the Morning roundtable with Nielson and Fraser on Monday after Yukon Jack burst into the room?

JimmyHardFace is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 05:00 PM
  #689
metallicat
@metallicat51
 
metallicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Edmonton AB, Canada
Country: Ireland
Posts: 6,391
vCash: 500
Gregor needs to get rid of Brownlee.

metallicat is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 05:13 PM
  #690
jumptheshark
the burn out
 
jumptheshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: hf retirement home
Country: United Nations
Posts: 52,835
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicat View Post
Gregor needs to get rid of Brownlee.
ding ding ding ding ding

You and I agree on something after ten years

__________________
not sure how--but the fish just jumped in the boat and put the hook in it's mouth
52299/14814
The twenty year rebuild is on!!! Embrace the suck
jumptheshark is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 05:18 PM
  #691
Hockey Fan #751
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicat View Post
Gregor needs to get rid of Brownlee.
I 100% agree.

Hockey Fan #751 is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 09:13 PM
  #692
abootzky
Registered User
 
abootzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,037
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicat View Post
Gregor needs to get rid of Brownlee.
Why? Half a show twice a week, Brownlee's not on enough to really get on my nerves.

abootzky is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 09:34 PM
  #693
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan
 
Groucho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Displaced
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,619
vCash: 500
Brownlee made a complete ass of himself on twitter this afternoon, simultaneously making himself sound like an ass on the radio.

Groucho is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 11:18 PM
  #694
The Head Crusher
Moderator
 
The Head Crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,951
vCash: 18821
Send a message via MSN to The Head Crusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyHardFace View Post
Is it just me or was there noises in the background of the Morning roundtable with Nielson and Fraser on Monday after Yukon Jack burst into the room?
Yukon always burst into the morning show one way or another. He jumped in to give his entry into What if Wednesday when I won in December.

__________________
The Head Crusher is online now  
Old
03-28-2013, 08:39 AM
  #695
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,287
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by abootzky View Post
Why? Half a show twice a week, Brownlee's not on enough to really get on my nerves.
We need a camera to see the look on Brownlee's face when Gregor reads Crystal Glass ads.

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 09:37 AM
  #696
Skm
Registered User
 
Skm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 2,361
vCash: 1551
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
we need a camera to see the look on brownlee's face when gregor reads crystal glass ads.
it's glass masters!!!! Mountains of manliness aahhhhhh!!

Skm is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 02:06 PM
  #697
metallicat
@metallicat51
 
metallicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Edmonton AB, Canada
Country: Ireland
Posts: 6,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by abootzky View Post
Why? Half a show twice a week, Brownlee's not on enough to really get on my nerves.
That's more than enough for me. I just find him annoying, and 95% he's agreeing with Gregor like an annoying little puppy dog. They've had their disagreements, but it seems to me he just falls in line with Gregor for the sake of doing so. I was listening yesterday and Gregor was talking and Brownlee would interject with a "yes!" while Jason was still talking. I wish he would just go and run his damn glass company full time.

metallicat is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 02:26 PM
  #698
Jimmi Jenkins
Always the Bards
 
Jimmi Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,550
vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicat View Post
That's more than enough for me. I just find him annoying, and 95% he's agreeing with Gregor like an annoying little puppy dog. They've had their disagreements, but it seems to me he just falls in line with Gregor for the sake of doing so. I was listening yesterday and Gregor was talking and Brownlee would interject with a "yes!" while Jason was still talking. I wish he would just go and run his damn glass company full time.
I find that even Spec does that on his hit, it's really strange how they both seem to "choose" to agree with Gregor as much as they do.

Jimmi Jenkins is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 02:28 PM
  #699
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,287
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
I find that even Spec does that on his hit, it's really strange how they both seem to "choose" to agree with Gregor as much as they do.
It's because gregor goes nuts if you don't. It's funny about a month ago on specs show he was talking about something, tuned into gregor's show and he just went along with gregor for the sake of keeping the peace.

It happens with Rishaug and Strudwick as well. The co-hosts just don't bother being much more then yes men.

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 02:56 PM
  #700
OilerFan4Life
Registered User
 
OilerFan4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Heartland of Hockey
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,602
vCash: 500
Since his wedding, Gregor has become unlistenable.

What happened to the hard nosed guy who used to host the post-game shows? The guy who actually had a clue.

OilerFan4Life is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:16 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.