HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

[CGY/PIT] Jarome Iginla for Kenneth Agostino, Ben Hanowski, 2013 1st rounder - Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2013, 02:03 PM
SchultzSquared*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Boohoooo.

Boston didn't exactly offer the world. When someone low balls you, you don't show them any courtesy. It makes you look weak. In future negotiations with Feaster, Boston will learn to pony up. That's how being a negotiator works. You have to play tough.
I wonder how that haggling will work for Feaster in line at the EI office...

Old
03-28-2013, 02:03 PM
duckchobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallsviewafro View Post
Proof? Outside of what Chiarelli has said?

You do understand how much face can he can save by saying this, right?

This entire thread is a cluster****. Anyone can say anything they'd like, but at the end of the day, its one word versus another. That means both positions are equally valid and anyone making a judgement on who is right and wrong is giving an opinion, not a factually supported position.
Until Calgary comes out and says, "Nah man, we never told Boston there was a deal. Not sure where Peter got the idea." I'm going to take Chiarelli's word for it. He didn't seem like a guy that needed to save face today, he seemed like a man that was porked by one of his peers, and he raged in front of a microphone. He never acts like this.

Old
03-28-2013, 02:04 PM
PsYcNeT
The No-Fun Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyo View Post
Exactly. Also, no one from the Bruins and the Bruins organization ever reported that a deal was done. Only reports of a deal being completed or almost completed were from media outlets. A verbal agreement was agreed upon - doesn't hold any legal grounds, it was never signed off. Calls were ignored when Chiarelli was trying to reach out and talk to the player find out what was going on. Didn't get a call until 12 hours later after initially being informed that the deal was done and they won and to scratch their players to only be informed "Sorry about this but it was the players decision."
So Chia's just being a big baby.

Got it.

Old
TheHudlinator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComrieFanatic View Post
Chiarelli looks pretty amateur by holding this press conference.

Feaster should have returned his calls before 11:45PM to say Iginla wanted to be in PIT, but that doesn't warrant going to the media to whine about the process.
Impossible Boston doesn't whine.

Old
Yeti of the Flow

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallsviewafro View Post
The irony in this post is hilarious. You're talking about dumb assertions when this entire situation is a giant unknown and its one GM's word versus another's, and yet you have the divine insight to say who is right and who is wrong. Brilliant!
Discussion the information available at present isn't making assertions.

Quote:
Not to mention the onus of proof on showing the majority of people upset with this are not Bruins fans is on you. It is very obvious to me, based on the posts that I've read, that the vast majority of people sore about this are BOS fans.
Incorrect. You made a claim that I'm the only one upset. Something fairly blatantly false. Your claim, your proof.

Quote:
I'll throw you a giant bone since you seem to be incapable for seeing this situation for what it is. I'll theoretically assume your premise is correct and Feaster is the big bad guy here and Chiarelli is the one getting screwed. So now... this matters how, exactly? You're going to extraordinary lengths to crucify a known dumb-ass and somehow repeatedly prove that he is a dumb-ass. You have so much to gain from trying to prove this, because nobody has ever known Feaster to be an idiot before. Never. And again, in the end... Iginla is not a Bruin, regardless of how right Chia is and how mean Feaster is. It all matters for naught. Ignore the fact that Chia could be lying, because he certainly doesn't have anything to gain from misrepresenting himself in this situation. Ignore everything that doesn't support your cause, right?

Do you see how pointless your tirade is now? I fully expect you to come back with some one-line response that entirely disregards the points I've been repeatedly making to you, so carry on. I've had enough for now - at the end of the day, Iggy's not a Bruin and no amount of you making divine judgements on situations you literally know nothing outside of what you've been told by someone who has a vested interest in the situation can change anything.
Most are trying to discuss the available information. You've made incorrect claims about only Boston fans being upset about the trade. In those claims, you've said "It doesn't matter since Iginla isn't a Bruin!". However, that's exactly what we're discussing. The fact that Iginla isn't a Bruin. Why is he isn't. The chain of events leading to the non-trade, and trade which have happened.

Old
03-28-2013, 02:05 PM
hollyo
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
You have terrible grammar for a business lawyer.
Excuse me? Haha. Why? Because I didn't use some commas? Please. Also, where are you getting that I am a business lawyer?

Old
03-28-2013, 02:06 PM
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks

Quote:
Excuse me? Haha. Why? Because I didn't use some commas? Please. Also, where are you getting that I am a business lawyer?
don't even try it, we can spot business lawyers a mile away

Old
03-28-2013, 02:06 PM
blankall

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
Until Calgary comes out and says, "Nah man, we never told Boston there was a deal. Not sure where Peter got the idea." I'm going to take Chiarelli's word for it. He didn't seem like a guy that needed to save face today, he seemed like a man that was porked by one of his peers, and he raged in front of a microphone. He never acts like this.
Chiarelli is acting like a spoiled child right now. He's used to getting his way. In this case, his competitor Pittsburg got their way. He's venting for ego purposes.

He tried to bend Calgary over on a deal. It didn't work out. If Chiarelli and Feaster had such a cordial relationship worth nourishing, he would have offered Calgary a better deal.

Old
03-28-2013, 02:07 PM
SnapIt

vCash: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Stanley cup View Post
As Bruins fans I,m happy. Iginla isn't the solution for the Bruins who need more speed. and the good news The Pens get him along with 2 others over the hill and slow. I like the Bruins chance better now than yesterday agains the Pens.
Denial
Anger
Bargaining
Depression
Acceptance

Still lingering around stage one I see. Don't worry, the stages of grief take time.

Old
03-28-2013, 02:07 PM
hollyo
Rookie User

Quote:
So Chia's just being a big baby.

Got it.
No, do you think he doesn't owe the fans an explanation on the situation at all? Give me a break. He came right out and said he's only doing this press conference for fans and questions buzzing all around the hockey world on what the hell happened!

Old
03-28-2013, 02:08 PM
2011 Stanley cup

Quote:
Boohoooo.

Boston didn't exactly offer the world. When someone low balls you, you don't show them any courtesy. It makes you look weak. In future negotiations with Feaster, Boston will learn to pony up. That's how being a negotiator works. You have to play tough.
So feaster turn around a make a even worst trade. thats what you're calling play tough

Old
03-28-2013, 02:09 PM
yoss

The plot twists in this story are riveting. Now it was an unconditional 1st in the Boston offer? -edit- nevermind.

Last edited by yoss: 03-28-2013 at 02:17 PM.
Old
03-28-2013, 02:09 PM
Drouin2Stamkos

Hoping Boston beats them in the playoffs. Would be epic!!

Old
03-28-2013, 02:10 PM
blankall

Quote:
So feaster turn around a make a even worst trade. thats what you're calling play tough
Yep.

I negotiate for a living. When someone low balls me, I show them as litle respect as possible.

Old
MFSorcerer*

Quote:
As Bruins fans I,m happy. Iginla isn't the solution for the Bruins who need more speed. and the good news The Pens get him along with 2 others over the hill and slow. I like the Bruins chance better now than yesterday agains the Pens.

I like our chances against the Bruins considering the Pens have beat them already twice this year - without the reigning Art Ross, Lindsay and Hart winner in the lineup. Iggy and Morrow bring the grit that the Pens have been missing.

Old
hollyo
Rookie User

Quote:
Chiarelli is acting like a spoiled child right now. He's used to getting his way. In this case, his competitor Pittsburg got their way. He's venting for ego purposes.

He tried to bend Calgary over on a deal. It didn't work out. If Chiarelli and Feaster had such a cordial relationship worth nourishing, he would have offered Calgary a better deal.
Are you delusional. Bend Calgary over. He offered the best deal hands down and agreed by mostly everyone (including Calgary!), except of course you and delusional MTL fans or Vancouver fans.... He gave a presser to answer the bafflement from fans and the hockey world. If you honestly expected no response or Chiarelli not to adress Bruins fans you are complete MORON. Any team, fans and the hockey world would want to know what happened when everyone thought there was a solid deal in place reported by the likes of the NHL, TSN and numerous other media outlets.

Last edited by hollyo: 03-28-2013 at 02:15 PM.
Old
SchultzSquared*

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanOberg View Post
Hoping Boston beats them in the playoffs. Would be epic!!
I myself am looking forward to April 19th... think the Bs will have a nice welcome to the Eastern Conference lined up...

Old
03-28-2013, 02:11 PM
PsYcNeT
The No-Fun Zone

Quote:
No, do you think he doesn't owe the fans an explanation on the situation at all? Give me a break. He came right out and said he's only doing this press conference for fans and questions buzzing all around the hockey world on what the hell happened!
Sure, that's a pretty convenient narrative.

Old
03-28-2013, 02:13 PM
hollyo
Rookie User

Quote:
Sure, that's a pretty convenient narrative.
Oh I'm sorry do you have a better one? I'm sure you do!

Old
03-28-2013, 02:15 PM
duckchobbins

Quote:

So when you're told that you have a deal for something, and your seller says it's done, congrats...your solution is to offer something better? What happens if you're dumb enough to do that, but the seller won't answer the phone for 10 hours?

Follow up, what can I sell you?

EDIT: And you negotiate for a living. This is rich.

Old
PsYcNeT
The No-Fun Zone

Quote:
Oh I'm sorry do you have a better one? I'm sure you do!
I've already outlined it. The thread is already getting pretty circuitous.

Old
Hatter
Microagression King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
I truly wish I was. I see a team that's very pedestrian that just took what was out there on the trade market instead of actually placing themselves head and shoulders in the company of the elite teams of the league, the Ducks and Hawks.

Making trades for the sake of making a trade is counter productive if you don't have the faith in the team you have at the moment considering what it was that was acquired.
Haven't the ducks lost like 5 in a row? That's elite?

Old
03-28-2013, 02:16 PM
hollyo
Rookie User

Quote:
So when you're told that you have a deal for something, and your seller says it's done, congrats...your solution is to offer something better? What happens if you're dumb enough to do that, but the seller won't answer the phone for 10 hours?

Follow up, what can I sell you?

I know right!

Old
03-28-2013, 02:18 PM
SchultzSquared*

Quote:
Maybe he negotiates enhancements to express culinary packages... "An extra large is only 50 cents more"

Old
03-28-2013, 02:18 PM
WarriorScholar

Just when I thought the Penguins couldn't be hated anymore than they were....they go do something like this and ........totally redeem themselves

Closed Thread