HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who would you rather see the Bruins eliminate this year? (Montreal or Pittsburgh)

View Poll Results: Who would you rather knock out of the 2013 playoffs?
Habs 88 51.76%
Penns 82 48.24%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-28-2013, 02:04 PM
BergyDGD
NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!

vCash: 500
The Habs and always the Habs. I hate Pit but it has nothing to do with the trade, it has to do with all the talent paired with a dirtbag like Matt Cooke who continue to run around putting career threatening plays at will but at the end of the day our main nemesis is still the Habs, Pit is just the trendy team to hate (and rightfully so) but they're the Miami Heat and the Habs are the Lakers. The hate runs deeper for the Habs.

BergyDGD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 02:17 PM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Plainview View Post
If we play them 10 times and win 8 of them. The joy of those 8 wins is trumped by the aggravation and misery of those two losses. Keep them away. Give me Pittsburgh. I'm usually pretty good about it when we eliminate someone. I never rub it in or dance on their graves, but THIS TIME? It will be like a broadway musical taking place in a cemetery. I'll be like Gregory Hines up in here
Quote:
By the way, I don't why I put two n's in Pens

I blame Tuukka Rask
Quote:
Right, it's not going anywhere. We will always have Habs/Bruins, but RIGHT NOW, we need to deal with these Penguins

It's like Braveheart. William Wallace was always going for Longshanks, but first he had to deal with those damn high lords of Scotland who sold him out
Man, you may root for the wrong team, but I dig your writing. You churn out some great lines and mean similes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmont Flavor View Post
It's still the Habs. It's always gonna be the Habs.

10 years from now, Pittsburgh will return to hockey irrelevancy.

The Habs will survive the apocalypse.
This comment is frikkin hilarious. If you have to hate, at least you do it with panache.

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 02:26 PM
Culture of Hockey
Classless Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post

This comment is frikkin hilarious. If you have to hate, at least you do it with panache.
Ah, then you appreciate the underhanded compliment?

I am oozing panache today. I should probably get that looked at by a licensed medical professional.

Culture of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 02:27 PM
Guess

You should vote for Pittsburgh. There's no way you would beat the Habs in a BO7

Guess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 02:34 PM
BreakAwayBergy

Habs. Let someone else light up fleury.

Almost wrote a long and angry paragraph about the hypocrisy of the Habs and their fans. Well, HF fans anyways. But alas, no. I'm half tempted to make my own "embelishment city" style video dealing with le scabs. Then again, I wouldnt want to shock any of the saintly habs fanbase. Maybe once the semester ends.

Habs>Pens on the hate-o-meter.

BreakAwayBergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 02:47 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

As a Habs fan, I am a little insulted that Pittsburgh is even being considered here. I know the Iginla wound is still fresh, but god damn it guys we have history on our side. Montreal-Boston is the epitome of hockey. You can't tell me one botched trade usurps all of that?

Respectfully, your hate should still, and always be directed at Montreal, unless you build up an equally eventful rivalry with the Pens. By the time the playoffs roll around I think the majority of you will want to beat Montreal.

Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguin4TheWin View Post
The Habs and always the Habs. I hate Pit but it has nothing to do with the trade, it has to do with all the talent paired with a dirtbag like Matt Cooke who continue to run around putting career threatening plays at will but at the end of the day our main nemesis is still the Habs, Pit is just the trendy team to hate (and rightfully so) but they're the Miami Heat and the Habs are the Lakers. The hate runs deeper for the Habs.

This guy gets it!

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 02:50 PM
YzerGuy
Overpaid 4th Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
As a Habs fan, I am a little insulted that Pittsburgh is even being considered here. I know the Iginla wound is still fresh, but god damn it guys we have history on our side. Montreal-Boston is the epitome of hockey. You can't tell me one botched trade usurps all of that?

Respectfully, your hate should still, and always be directed at Montreal, unless you build up an equally eventful rivalry with the Pens. By the time the playoffs roll around you'll want to be beat Montreal.

Cheers.
You have a good point Dr. It would be interesting to see this poll done in a week or so from now after the "emotion" of the situation is lessoned.

YzerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 02:58 PM
Strafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJ View Post
It's the fact that he said he would accept a trade to us and then basically vetoed it. It ****s with our prospects heads, it wastes precious time of Chia's this close to the deadline, and it is overall an underhanded, unprofessional way to conduct business.
THIS^^^^^^^
In my book, after this kick in the OO I NEVER want to see Iginla hoist Lord Stanleys Cup. He not only chose them BUT he wasted precious time for the B's. Oh, and Chia went along with if for TWELVE FREAKING HOURS?!?!! WTH?
I hope that crew never sees a cup again in my lifetime at least.

Strafer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 06:47 PM
Alan Ryan

Eliminate both of them.

Alan Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 06:56 PM
missingchicklet

Not even close -- the Habs. I ****ing hate the Habs more than anything else in the world of sport. Pit would be great to eliminate because they are so good and would be favored, but the sheer history of hate between Boston and Montreal will never be trumped by some temporary hate.

missingchicklet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 06:58 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

for this year the Pens

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 06:59 PM
Gee Wally
Grumpy

Awards:
No comparison.

Won't be in my lifetime.

**** the Habs.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Gee Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:00 PM
westernhome

can't even vote on this, because I hope the Penguins get knocked out by someone else in the first round

same with the habs

but if the habs play the pens, this year, I will actually be hoping for the habs (which might be a first for me lifetime to ever hope for the habs)

westernhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:01 PM
Gee Wally
Grumpy

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by westernhome View Post
can't even vote on this, because I hope the Penguins get knocked out by someone else in the first round

same with the habs

but if the habs play the pens, this year, I will actually be hoping for the habs (which might be a first for me lifetime to ever hope for the habs)
If they face each other I hope the roof collapses.

Gee Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:07 PM
AnchoRager

I voted Pens even though I grew up immersed in the Bruins/Hab rivalry. As much disdain I do have for the Habs (and Quebec) I still respect the Original 6. Of course I look forward to, and hope, both get knocked out, but this year I want to see the NHL's smug ***** get slapped hard. Matt Cooke, Iginla, Cindi....

AnchoRager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:13 PM
OrrCam

Quote:
Given what's gone on, what team would you enjoy seeing your Bruins send packing more. Their all time hated rivals and still current thorn, the Montreal Canadians? Or the team they never can beat and always get all the nice shiny things the Bruins can't, the Pittsburgh Penguins

My vote, at least this year, is the Penguins. Short of actually winning another cup, no victory could be sweeter than that. And I want them at full strength too. I want Crosby out there, Malkin, Letang, Neal, Orpik, Kunitz, Dupius, Fleury, Morrow, Iginla...all of them

Also, at this point, I'm sick of the Habs. Yes, I know it's a great rivalry. I know it's great when we beat them, but it's at a point where, the negative of losing to them is so much more significant than the positive of losing to them.

Know what I mean?

If we play them 10 times and win 8 of them. The joy of those 8 wins is trumped by the aggravation and misery of those two losses. Keep them away. Give me Pittsburgh. I'm usually pretty good about it when we eliminate someone. I never rub it in or dance on their graves, but THIS TIME? It will be like a broadway musical taking place in a cemetery. I'll be like Gregory Hines up in here
God ****** let's take 'em both

OrrCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:20 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieBruin View Post
Habs

The loss to them last night still hurts more than not getting Iginla
Don't you think that by next week not getting Iginla will feel more painful because of its implications for the playoffs? After all, the loss to the Habs was not in a one-game elimination round. Fans of other East teams are already probably throwing in the towel. Who'll stop the Penguins now?

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:25 PM
Bone for your jar

The Habs. Beating them is so deeply, viscerally satisfying.

Bone for your jar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:58 PM
panny2727

i want to beat the team that is freshest in my mind... pittsburgh screwed us last so its them Today. calgary, is going down in flames at some point. Montreal will get their beating when the time is right. get ready for a dallas stars smackdown pennsylvania.

panny2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 08:00 PM
panny2727

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Don't you think that by next week not getting Iginla will feel more painful because of its implications for the playoffs? After all, the loss to the Habs was not in a one-game elimination round. Fans of other East teams are already probably throwing in the towel. Who'll stop the Penguins now?
we are ..... Bruins.... We Are..... Bruins...... this shortened season just got even more dramatic and fun

It wouldn't be fun if they just all rolled over and took their beating

Old
03-28-2013, 08:00 PM
westernhome

don't get me wrong, I hate the habs with a passion, I just think that this year the league will try to do everything in their hopes and dreams to get the Penguins to win the cup, so they need to be stopped

Old
03-28-2013, 08:02 PM
panny2727

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernhome View Post
don't get me wrong, I hate the habs with a passion, I just think that this year the league will try to do everything in their hopes and dreams to get the Penguins to win the cup, so they need to be stopped
and i know just the man to stop them....

Phil Connors

does anyone feel like Neely broke something behind the scenes after getting embarrassed like this. I say sea bass suits up and just sits on the bench instead of pando for the 19th game

Old
03-28-2013, 08:05 PM
roflstomper
I don't row.

Rather directly knock out Montreal but would lather myself in the tears of Pittsburgh fans if they were to lose.

roflstomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 08:07 PM
westernhome

Quote:
Originally Posted by panny2727 View Post
and i know just the man to stop them....

Phil Connors

does anyone feel like Neely broke something behind the scenes after getting embarrassed like this. I say sea bass suits up and just sits on the bench instead of pando for the 19th game
I believe Neely at 50 years old would be more effective than Pandolfo on the ice