HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs on Tradecentre Part 4 (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?) ‎

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2013, 04:11 PM
Stephpa10

vCash: 500
re watching the CGY game for last night on the NHL network, and man is it funny, they are even making lines with Iginla, Ward still has not confirmed yet

Old
03-28-2013, 04:13 PM
Stephpa10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephpa10 View Post
re watching the CGY game for last night on the NHL network, and man is it funny, they are even making lines with Iginla, Ward still has not confirmed yet
oops just the moment when Ward confirmed it

Old
03-28-2013, 04:44 PM
GeneralMarky79

Giving up a 2nd and Leblanc for Clowe is exactly what we need to do. I know some here are dead against it but cmon let's get something straight. If our 2nd/1st is conditional and he re -signs then great, if not then try again. With the amount of prospects we have stockpiled right now giving up a single draft pick in a year where we have tons of picks isnt going to hurt us. Ive said this before about Clowe but let me remind you. He may be a bit slow for our system but guess what? The guy is almost PPG in the playoffs, I pick him every single year in my playoff pool because I know he will produce, whats even better is he is a net precense he is physical and if we end up playing Boston he is NOT going to back down from Lucic/Thornton. We need to get him and it is pretty obvious the stats dont lie and while his game doesnt exactly fit the Canadiens mold, he is very welcome here and if he is available jump all over it. Every play has a bad year big deal. And do you really think were gonna miss Leblanc if we re-sign Clowe and win a cup in a few years? Anyway Chive on! Keep Calm and Chive on fellow habs fans!!

Old
03-28-2013, 04:59 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Bryan Gionta for Jaromir Jagr in a deal similar to what we did with Cole vs Ryder. And you give them a 2nd round pick to seal the deal.

Old
03-28-2013, 05:03 PM
M.C.G. 31

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankhabs View Post
I would like to get :
Patrick Bordeleau (COL) LW 6'6 220 lbs
Paul Bisonette (PHO)D-Man 6'3 220lbs

Mtl give : Travis Moen(keep 1M salary) R3(Dal/habs) for Bordeleau

Mtl Give : Diaz R3(Dal/Habs) for Bisonette and R2(PHO)

Why montreal do this: simple:
Markov > Subban > Georges > Diaz > Emelin > Tinordi > Beaulieu
Next year i'm pretty sure Beaulieu will have his chance and he have more potentiel than Emelin(even if i love how he hit).

Markov - Georges
Subban - Tinordi
Diaz - Bisonette
/ Bouillon because Diaz injury

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Ryder
Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
Galchy - Eller - Gallagher
Bordeleau - Prust - Armstrong
Halpern can replace any 1 on the 4 line.
WHAT!? I do not like Moen, but I'd rather him over Bordeleau. DIAZ for Bissonnette? The only thing Bissonnette is good at is Twitter. Diaz was one of our most solid defenseman before going down with injury this year.

"It's going to be great. I can't wait for the crowd, the noise, the energy in the building. I can't wait to take that all away from them."
- PK Subban
Old
03-28-2013, 05:05 PM
Issacar

I'd keep the team as si and wouldn,t do a trade, unless we can find a good heavyweight for a cheap price. Or a deal comparable to Iginla to Pittsburg (basically the best prospect I'm willing to trade is Mac Bennett).

Old
03-28-2013, 05:06 PM
elsubz

Seems like Renaud is confident the habs are gonna move before the deadline.

Old
03-28-2013, 05:13 PM
Noob616

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankhabs View Post
Mtl give : Travis Moen(keep 1M salary) R3(Dal/habs) for Bordeleau

Mtl Give : Diaz R3(Dal/Habs) for Bisonette and R2(PHO)
This is why we can't have nice things.

Old
03-28-2013, 05:18 PM
Garry Valk

Jagr and Clowe would make this team much, much better.

Old
03-28-2013, 05:20 PM
Issacar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry Valk View Post
Jagr and Clowe would make this team much, much better.
We're already stuck with right handed wingers on the left side, how much more right handed winger do we need? And I though we lacked a left handed winger to replace Bourque's head....

How does acquiring players and putting them off wing makes us a better team? We should look to fill holes, not put players where we don,t have holes...

Old
03-28-2013, 05:22 PM
Habs88
Ya I'm a habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Bryan Gionta for Jaromir Jagr in a deal similar to what we did with Cole vs Ryder. And you give them a 2nd round pick to seal the deal.
Ya lets trade our captain one the hardest working player on this team for a forty year old and also a second rounder. How can u compare that to the Ryder trade we traded a player who was struggling and didn't look like he wanted to play hockey for one of Dallas leading scores and we even got a third rounder. It's more like the trade for jägr the roles are reversed and Dallas is getting the better of us

Old
03-28-2013, 05:24 PM
Habs88
Ya I'm a habs fan

Forget about close I would much rather Steve Ott

Old
03-28-2013, 05:25 PM
Habs88
Ya I'm a habs fan

Clowe sry

Old
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Why the hell would they trade their captain for a rental? ...then throw in a 2nd rounder. Gionta is a better player than Jagr, plus he is captain of the team.

Seriously, where do you people come up with this crap?

Old
Talks to Goalposts

If we're talking about quaility top niners who can line up on left wing, both Glencross and Stempniak are reasonably good players on decent contracts who might be availible. Glencross has a NMC though.

Old
03-28-2013, 05:26 PM
Issacar

I don't think we need Steve Ott. He cherry picks with whom he drops the gloves and mostly looks gritty when he faces smaller players.

I want a guy who can go against Lucic and CHara every night, otehrwise you're no use to my team, we got enough 6'2 guys who aren't as tough as hyped.

Old
03-28-2013, 05:27 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralMarky79 View Post
Giving up a 2nd and Leblanc for Clowe is exactly what we need to do. I know some here are dead against it but cmon let's get something straight. If our 2nd/1st is conditional and he re -signs then great, if not then try again. With the amount of prospects we have stockpiled right now giving up a single draft pick in a year where we have tons of picks isnt going to hurt us. Ive said this before about Clowe but let me remind you. He may be a bit slow for our system but guess what? The guy is almost PPG in the playoffs, I pick him every single year in my playoff pool because I know he will produce, whats even better is he is a net precense he is physical and if we end up playing Boston he is NOT going to back down from Lucic/Thornton. We need to get him and it is pretty obvious the stats dont lie and while his game doesnt exactly fit the Canadiens mold, he is very welcome here and if he is available jump all over it. Every play has a bad year big deal. And do you really think were gonna miss Leblanc if we re-sign Clowe and win a cup in a few years? Anyway Chive on! Keep Calm and Chive on fellow habs fans!!
Having 3 picks within 15 spots at around 25-40 is better than 2 picks. Clowe is not playing like the Clowe the SJ loved in previous seasons. If he comes at a hefty price tag, no way.

I sure hope you don't waste a high pick on Clowe in your playoff pool since he plays for a team notorious for getting bounced early. And sorry buddy but 45 points in 68 games is not anywhere close to a PPG, he would have to score 2 pts a game for 25 games to get to a PPG. In the playoff he gets points in 2 out of 3 games, which is still very good.

Old
03-28-2013, 05:27 PM
Issacar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
If we're talking about quaility top niners who can line up on left wing, both Glencross and Stempniak are reasonably good players on decent contracts who might be availible. Glencross has a NMC though.
Would Glencross and Stempniak bring anything more then what Moen brings? I highly doubt it.

Old
03-28-2013, 05:30 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsubz View Post
Seems like Renaud is confident the habs are gonna move before the deadline.
We're being relocated !?

Old
03-28-2013, 05:30 PM
AmeriHab

Would Anaheim be interested in Moen and can we get much for him? He won with them before

Old
03-28-2013, 05:31 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issacar View Post
Would Glencross and Stempniak bring anything more then what Moen brings? I highly doubt it.
Glencross brings a fair bit more offense while still being a good 2 way guy. Stepniak is a different style player altogether.

Old
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Why the hell would they trade their captain for a rental? ...then throw in a 2nd rounder. Gionta is a better player than Jagr, plus he is captain of the team.

Seriously, where do you people come up with this crap?
That statement is arguable. I think Jagr with Pleks and Bourque would be a ridiculous line come the playoffs. Gionta is doing better than I thought as of late, so I would not be keen on trading him, but I do like Jagr with Pleks.

Old
Issacar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
We're being relocated !?
TO Québec City, the Coyotes will be relocated to Montréal... (this is a bad joke)

Old
03-28-2013, 05:32 PM
Issacar

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
That statement is arguable. I think Jagr with Pleks and Bourque would be a ridiculous line come the playoffs. Gionta is doing better than I thought as of late, so I would not be keen on trading him, but I do like Jagr with Pleks.
Bourque would need to be able to play in the NHL again for that line to be possible. Rene Bourque is probably the new Marc Savard.

Old
03-28-2013, 05:33 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issacar View Post
Glencross definitely would. One of my favorite players. He's not waiving his NMC for us, though.

Closed Thread