Baseball MLB, NCAA, International

Vernon Wells to NY

Old
03-27-2013, 05:56 PM
Kadri 4 Hart

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Me View Post
They also pitch a lot of their games in hitters parks. They have depth and a solid bullpen. They'll have one of the best pitching staffs again this year.
Seattle and LA both are pitchers parks. Texas of course is hard to pitch in though.

The Coliseum, Angel Stadium, and Safeco are all consistently ranked top 10 in lowest runs allowed every year.

Kadri 4 Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 07:18 PM
Clowe Me

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadri 4 Hart View Post
Seattle and LA both are pitchers parks. Texas of course is hard to pitch in though.

The Coliseum, Angel Stadium, and Safeco are all consistently ranked top 10 in lowest runs allowed every year.
They also have to play in every other AL park and now quite a few interleague stadiums.

They do pitch in some nice pitching parks, but they put the numbers up everywhere.

Clowe Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 12:57 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
I would argue that its a little different when money is involved.
Many who spend big money on Vegas odds are just money bags who have money to lose. Means nothing more then buying a lottery ticket and I highly doubt anybody see such as investing and more like rolling the dice.
Quote:
Don't get me wrong, the Jays have to prove themselves.. But Vegas has them atop because they believe in their ability to live up to expectations... By giving them the best odds, they allow people to potentially make more money from betting on another team to win.
Lottery tickets put the odds on the back. Doesn't mean a thing.
Quote:
How do the White Sox have the best rotation? The same rotation that failed to get them into the playoffs in a weak central division?
Means what this year?
Quote:
The Tigers have the best rotation and I'd argue the A's have the best staff top to bottom. The White Sox aren't even close to being in that conversation.
Opinion.

Martini* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 01:55 PM
Drop The Mits
Toronto Blue Dingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
Many who spend big money on Vegas odds are just money bags who have money to lose. Means nothing more then buying a lottery ticket and I highly doubt anybody see such as investing and more like rolling the dice.

Means what this year?

Opinion.
Are you not the same guy who posted all the injuries, and stats about previous years of the new jays acquisitions citing them as reasons for the Jays finishing 4th or 5th in the AL east? Hilarious that stats from years past "don't mean anything this year" when used to back up your opinion but when bashing the jays, its all doom and gloom because of years past

Drop The Mits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 02:06 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop The Mits View Post
Are you not the same guy who posted all the injuries, and stats about previous years of the new jays acquisitions citing them as reasons for the Jays finishing 4th or 5th in the AL east? Hilarious that stats from years past "don't mean anything this year" when used to back up your opinion but when bashing the jays, its all doom and gloom because of years past
Link?

Old
03-28-2013, 03:54 PM
sparxx87

Quote:

Means what this year?

Opinion.
Vegas will always stack the deck in their favor. Them giving the Jays the best odds means they're giving more value in other contenders. That's not something they take lightly.

Why are they going to give me a bigger payout to bet on the Angels if they believe the Angels are more likely to win? It makes absolutely no sense and the people who place those odds are far brighter baseball people then you or I..

Vegas isn't in the game to lose money. Surely even you can see that.

sparxx87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 03:56 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Vegas will always stack the deck in their favor. Them giving the Jays the best odds means they're giving more value in other contenders. That's not something they take lightly.

Why are they going to give me a bigger payout to bet on the Angels if they believe the Angels are more likely to win? It makes absolutely no sense and the people who place those odds are far brighter baseball people then you or I..

Vegas isn't in the game to lose money. Surely even you can see that.
Neither is a lottery.

Old
03-28-2013, 04:01 PM
sparxx87

Quote:
Neither is a lottery.
A lottery is randomly drawing numbers, not setting odds based on 30 teams and their probability..

It's not even close to the same thing.

sparxx87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 04:14 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
A lottery is randomly drawing numbers, not setting odds based on 30 teams and their probability..

It's not even close to the same thing.
Lottery in general. Scratch off tickets in particular. Not that the state doesn't post odds for Number raffles on their web sites, either.