*OFFICIAL* Saginaw Spirit 2012-2013 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2013, 03:00 PM
clearwater

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonKnightsman View Post
There will be a lot of teams rebuilding next year so deals should be easy to find.
Watch the replay of the goal by Horvat on the OHL website. pause it, replay it and rewind it. The clock clearly ran out before Horvat touched the puck.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:10 PM
sbrug

Quote:
Originally Posted by massey View Post
First paragraph was talking about the Spirit hockey team

The second paragraph was asking the knights fans to STOP WHINING about the refs and missed calls that was in the post.If anybody gets an advantage on a ref's call it is London.Hunter intimidates the refs and always gets the advantage if their is one.Hope you can understand this.
Says the fan whose team just came off a game with a 10-4 powerplay advantage.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:12 PM
sbrug

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearwater View Post
Watch the replay of the goal by Horvat on the OHL website. pause it, replay it and rewind it. The clock clearly ran out before Horvat touched the puck.
That's the rogers tv clock not the actual score clock. Let's just say the tv clock hasn't been right since OHL games were first broadcast.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:54 PM
Kingpin794
Lucky 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrister39 View Post
What, you guys don't like Subban?
I don't care if they cut him, trade, or lose him in the woods, I just don't want to see him out there in a Spirit uniform next year. Thankfully he basically didn't play the entire second half of the season.

Old
03-25-2013, 07:27 PM
Sonny Crockett

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL17 View Post
If Saginaw had a better skating D-man with offensive skill that would change a few things about this series.
They do have a better skating D-man that's been playing forward for the last 3 games of the season and the first playoff game of the series but they refuse to give him ice time at D. Actually he plays both positions, Saginaw drafted him as a forward but up until recently he's been a D-man.

You may have seen him on the wing during the series #92 Lopez... Go figure... Saginaw does not know how to take players to that next level. After last seasons showing in the playoffs if Lopez was playing for London he'd be an animal right now because London knows how to get players to make that jump.

Let's be realistic DeAngelo would never consider Saginaw... they don't know D

Last edited by Sonny Crockett: 03-26-2013 at 02:15 PM.
Old
03-25-2013, 07:52 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrister39 View Post
That's the rogers tv clock not the actual score clock. Let's just say the tv clock hasn't been right since OHL games were first broadcast.
Only picture that's needed. Puck across the line...no lights on.. therefore ...time left on clock. Case closed..CSI here I come

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Old
03-25-2013, 08:07 PM
Aela*
#MeatisMurder

Send a message via Skype™ to Aela*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingpin794 View Post
No London was not the best team ALL year. Plymouth was clearly the better team in the second half. I also think they will beat London is the West finals. Let me put this in perspective: If we were playing Plymouth, I'd say Plymouth in 4. Do I think Saginaw will beat London in a 7 game series? NO. But I do think that this will be a very close series. Alot closer than most think it will be. Oh and in the words of Han Solo: "Never tell me the odds."
I have a lot of respect for the Spirit, and I definitely think they'll give London a run for their money (just like last year). They have a tough team and while I don't think they'll win (or even get to 7 games, but that's just imo), if Paterson pulls out more games like that last one, it could get awful hairy awful fast. Only thing I don't like about Saginaw is their constant clutch and grab play compared to the Knights. Props to them for being a lot more physical though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by massey View Post
First paragraph was talking about the Spirit hockey team

The second paragraph was asking the knights fans to STOP WHINING about the refs and missed calls that was in the post.If anybody gets an advantage on a ref's call it is London.Hunter intimidates the refs and always gets the advantage if their is one.Hope you can understand this.
Yeah right buddy. Ever since London won the Mem Cup and Windsor whined and complained about them, the refs have been calling ******** penalties on the Knights left and right. Just like that call on Hughes that led to the 5 on 3 goal. The Knights are easily the most hotdogged team in the OHL, sad to say. I can't even begin to count the number of important games that London has lost because they've been on the PK the entire game, due to stupid calls by Refs. Like I said, lots of respect for Saginaw, not a lot of respect for the refs.

Good luck to you guys though

edit:

I was sitting on the goal line when the goal was scored, and I clearly saw it go in before the clock ran down, I even went so far as to say there was a good 2 or 3 seconds before time ran out. Good goal for me.

Old
03-26-2013, 09:32 PM
Kingpin794
Lucky 13

I said I'd admit if I was wrong. Well, I'm going to be wrong. Looks like London will sweep this series.

Remember I said London would win this series, I just said it would take 7 games. Really were just talking about semantics here. London is going to win this series like me and everyone else thought they would, I just got the number of games HORRIBLY wrong.

Oh well. Any playoff experince the rookies got this year was invaluable, even if it might only be four games.

Old
03-26-2013, 10:06 PM
Sonny Crockett

Quote:
I said I'd admit if I was wrong. Well, I'm going to be wrong. Looks like London will sweep this series.

Remember I said London would win this series, I just said it would take 7 games. Really were just talking about semantics here. London is going to win this series like me and everyone else thought they would, I just got the number of games HORRIBLY wrong.

Oh well. Any playoff experince the rookies got this year was invaluable, even if it might only be four games.
You've been wrong a lot this season. If you think next season will be any different, your wrong!

Although true to a point it is a good experience IF you were prepared correctly to compete in the playoffs. A playoff experience where you got your ass handed to you because you were a spectator on the bench or in the stands all season is not a good experience!

Last edited by Sonny Crockett: 03-26-2013 at 10:14 PM.
Old
03-26-2013, 10:06 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Any playoff experience the rookies got this year was invaluable, even if it might only be four games.
Priceless experience. I look back on London's 1st round exit 2 years ago to Owen Sound in 6 games. London could have won that series with a few bounces..everyone who witnessed it knows it. That series was the foundation of experience which led to last year's OHL Championship. Watch your boys grow...you're in for a good ride in the future.

Old
03-26-2013, 10:26 PM
nelli27

London announcers praised Saginaw's youth, and suggested that the Spirit could be one of the top teams in the league in a few years---just sayin'...

Old
03-28-2013, 12:33 PM
Sonny Crockett

A few surprises tonight for the Saginaw fans, wait till you see the roster for tonights game. I don't see a lot of players returning to this team next season. This team will be in total rebuild mode.

Old
03-28-2013, 03:14 PM
Kingpin794
Lucky 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny Crockett View Post
A few surprises tonight for the Saginaw fans, wait till you see the roster for tonights game. I don't see a lot of players returning to this team next season. This team will be in total rebuild mode.
HELLO! What do you think we did this year?

As for guys that will be back, for sure we'll have:

Locke (OA)
Strong (OA)
Young (OA)
Lodge
Moutrey
Prophet
Lindberg
Kea
Addison
Bratina
Paterson
Serebryakov
Ringuette
Alexeev
Trafford

Some guys that are on the Fence:

Webermin (Injury history worries me)
Glass (Maybe keep as a 7th D man)
Sadowy (Maybe an extra if we take Stephens in the first)
Perklin (Decent grinder, maybe keep as an extra, but could be forced out because of Stephens.)

Those that won't be here:

Subban
Lopez

So I don't know how you figure we don't return a majority of this team next year.

Who do you think they'll get rid of then?

Last edited by Kingpin794: 03-29-2013 at 06:05 PM.
Old
03-28-2013, 04:00 PM
Aela*
#MeatisMurder

Send a message via Skype™ to Aela*
I'm pretty sure Lodge won't be back, he'll probably be picked up in the first round somewhere and go to an affiliate club, Locke might be back but he might also go to an AHL club when he gets picked. Don't know about anyone else.

Old
03-28-2013, 04:38 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaelanstorm View Post
I'm pretty sure Lodge won't be back, he'll probably be picked up in the first round somewhere and go to an affiliate club, Locke might be back but he might also go to an AHL club when he gets picked. Don't know about anyone else.
Lodge will be in the OHL the next 2 years.

Old
03-28-2013, 05:04 PM
hockeyohl

Quote:
HELLO! What do you think we did this year?

As for guys that will be back, for sure we'll have:

Locke (OA)
Strong (OA)
Young (OA)
Lodge
Moutrey
Prophet
Lindberg
Kea
Addison
Bratina
Paterson
Serebryakov
Ringuette
Alexeev

Some guys that are on the Fence:

Trafford (Starting to use his speed well, but he will be a 4th year guy)
Webermin (Injury history worries me)
Glass (Maybe keep as a 7th D man)
Sadowy (Maybe an extra if we take Stephens in the first)
Perklin (Decent grinder, maybe keep as an extra, but could be forced out because of Stephens.)

Those that won't be here:

Subban
Lopez

So I don't know how you figure we don't return a majority of this team next year.

I saw every game and this is what I think based on ice time and PP and PK time

Ross- Great player he really pulled the team up I wish him alll the best next year
Alexeeve-good player Alot of up side
Kea-he is top player on any team in the CHL
Sadowy- inproved alot good player with alot of up side
Locke-great player and a real leader of the team and top CHL player
Trafford- good speed upside to his game
Perklin-ok player he need to get stronger
Bratina- Great pick up this kid has it all need sizes that will come in time
Lodge-He has become a great player and still inproving
Lindberg-has inproved a lot with a lot of up side
Addison- good player need to be stronger but alot of up side
Sutch- he"s play inproved in the 2 half I wish him well for next year
Moutrey- This player also has it all and will be a real inpact player next year
Glass-Very good steady D man keep the game simple good pick up
Weberman-a good D man but to many injury,I would trade
Strong- very good D man with alot of upside
Shaw- good to great at time on D I wish him the best for next year good pick up
Young- Great offenive D man needs to work on D zone some
Ringuette-strong D man needs to keep the game simple cost him om +/-
Prophet-good player could be great player next year has all the tools
Subban- I would trade,
Lopez-I think he would be a good forward if given a chances

Go Sprit!!!!!!!

Last edited by hockeyohl: 03-28-2013 at 05:47 PM.
Old
03-28-2013, 05:15 PM
Sonny Crockett

Quote:
You may have SEEN Young play his last game in a Spirit jersey!

Old
03-28-2013, 05:20 PM
Kingpin794
Lucky 13

Quote:
How do you figure? That seems like a very out there statment unless you have some kind of inside info that you aren't letting out. And I really doubt that you have an info.

Old
03-28-2013, 07:10 PM
Sonny Crockett

Quote:
How do you figure? That seems like a very out there statment unless you have some kind of inside info that you aren't letting out. And I really doubt that you have an info.
Put it this way, Young will be nowhere to be found at the Dow tonight. You've been really critical about a couple of players for no apparent reason.

Subban - He was picked up from London with NO OHL experience. What did you expect from him in his first year in the OHL? Saginaw did the same thing to Subban that they did to Lopez.

Lopez - You saw exactly what Saginaw wanted you to see. They didn't set him up to succeed the way they did Prophet. They set Lopez up to fail pairing him up at D with Sadowy, Addison, Lindberg as fowards, collectively finished at -41 and Ringuette -5 as his D partner. Then they play him one game at F to see if he would fall on his face. Saginaw never gave him a chance. Lopez and Amestoy have one thing in common... figure the rest out.

Last edited by Sonny Crockett: 03-28-2013 at 07:41 PM.
Old
03-28-2013, 08:40 PM
hockeyohl

Quote:
Put it this way, Young will be nowhere to be found at the Dow tonight. You've been really critical about a couple of players for no apparent reason.

Subban - He was picked up from London with NO OHL experience. What did you expect from him in his first year in the OHL? Saginaw did the same thing to Subban that they did to Lopez.

Lopez - You saw exactly what Saginaw wanted you to see. They didn't set him up to succeed the way they did Prophet. They set Lopez up to fail pairing him up at D with Sadowy, Addison, Lindberg as fowards, collectively finished at -41 and Ringuette -5 as his D partner. Then they play him one game at F to see if he would fall on his face. Saginaw never gave him a chance. Lopez and Amestoy have one thing in common... figure the rest out.
I agree with some of what you just said, except for the Lopez , Amestoy comment that I disagree with.

Last edited by hockeyohl: 03-28-2013 at 10:34 PM.
Old
03-28-2013, 09:28 PM
Kingpin794
Lucky 13

Quote:

I'm going to hope you aren't insinuating what I think you're insinuating.

Old
03-28-2013, 10:24 PM
bcspirit

Quote:
He went home today,which is why he was not there, and it was not because he was being disciplined or due to lack of satisfaction with the team.

Old
03-29-2013, 07:26 AM
Kingpin794
Lucky 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcspirit View Post
He went home today,which is why he was not there, and it was not because he was being disciplined or due to lack of satisfaction with the team.
Hope you're right. My brother though said at the game last night he heard that Young was late to practice and that was why he wasn't playing last night. Was wondering if you heard those same rumors and that's why you mentioned him NOT being disciplined. Young doing that kind of stuff or asking to leave the team would seem like it would come out of left field.

Old
03-29-2013, 03:59 PM
Sonny Crockett

Way out of character for Young but stranger things have happened to this team this year. Maybe its time to get rid of the horse trainer who's running this team.

Old
03-29-2013, 05:22 PM
SimonKnightsman

That Trafford kid will have some game if they let him develop more.

Closed Thread