HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Bouwmeester to DET

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-28-2013, 05:23 PM
  #326
Beukeboom Fan
Registered User
 
Beukeboom Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 13,571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmorton View Post
Can you imagine if the stars line up for Calgary ?

1) Get Detroit's 1st rd pick in a deal for Jaybo
2) Curse of Jaybo kicks in - Det misses playoffs
3) Detroit wins lottery, pick goes to Calgary
4) Flames pick 1-2, get 2 of Jones/Drouin/Mackinnon

Not very likely, but in the realm of possibility.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 05:26 PM
  #327
Beukeboom Fan
Registered User
 
Beukeboom Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 13,571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by herashak View Post
dont see why the flames do this. give up a #1 D and and late first pick for a 50pt 2nd line center.
Well - it's 1.25 years of the #1D, and something like 5 more years of the 2nd line center (who has the potential to be a #1).

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 05:36 PM
  #328
Estimated_Prophet
Registered User
 
Estimated_Prophet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan View Post
Well - it's 1.25 years of the #1D, and something like 5 more years of the 2nd line center (who has the potential to be a #1).
There is also the fact that Bouwmeester is not a #1 D on most playoff teams if not all of them.

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 05:44 PM
  #329
theIceWookie
#LeafHysteriaAlert
 
theIceWookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 8,739
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
Some of the dislike for Bouwmeester is so idiotic it is bad even for these forums. He is MASSIVELY underrated by a good deal of the people on these forums.

Guys that have not missed a game in 8 years, eat up huge amounts of ice time as a 1st pairing guy, kill penalties, can skate really well just don't grow on trees. During his career his offense has been a disappointment. Still it is highly desirable to have a dependable durable big minute player that does not get hurt. Whether he gets dealt will depend on the price tag but a very high % of the teams in the league would like a player like him.

And lest you think I have an agenda I'm an oiler fan who couldn't care less about the Flames fortunes.
Use a guy primarily defensively and of course he's not going to put up stellar offensive numbers.

Bouwmeester is easily underrated.

theIceWookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 05:52 PM
  #330
AlMacinnis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
There is also the fact that Bouwmeester is not a #1 D on most playoff teams if not all of them.
Ha.

Until the playoff war begins and everyone starts getting crippled.

Then there's Jay, ready to step in and take anyone's spot on the front line.

AlMacinnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 05:52 PM
  #331
Beukeboom Fan
Registered User
 
Beukeboom Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 13,571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
There is also the fact that Bouwmeester is not a #1 D on most playoff teams if not all of them.
He's not a Norris candidate, but a guy who can be effective logging 25 minutes a game and can play ES/PK/PP, which meets my definition of a #1 d-man. Sure, he's not Chara or Weber, but I think he's a #1. And if you say that he's not a #1 because he's not better than Chara, then that means that Malkin and Zetterburg are both #2 centers because they're not better than Crosby or Datsyuk.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 05:53 PM
  #332
herashak
Registered User
 
herashak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 4,281
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
There is also the fact that Bouwmeester is not a #1 D on most playoff teams if not all of them.
oh yeah i forgot philly is a playoff team.

herashak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 05:54 PM
  #333
Crymson
Fire Holland
 
Crymson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,668
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
There is also the fact that Bouwmeester is not a #1 D on most playoff teams if not all of them.
Correct. He was a #1 defenseman four years ago, but not today.

Crymson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 06:06 PM
  #334
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,621
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crymson View Post
Correct. He was a #1 defenseman four years ago, but not today.
Right

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 06:35 PM
  #335
Puckgenius*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: At the rink
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,519
vCash: 500
JayBo said in his interview yesterday that he wants nothing more than to play in the playoffs. Cant help but feel he was a bit jealous in hoping he didnt go to with Jarome.

Puckgenius* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 06:36 PM
  #336
Stryker Island
Registered User
 
Stryker Island's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crymson View Post
Correct. He was a #1 defenseman four years ago, but not today.
You are incorrect.

Stryker Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.