Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2013, 06:02 PM
Richard Murray
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Richard Murray
Jagr

When the Bruins "deal" for Iginla was announced yesterday I thought the Bruins overpaid. To hear it didn't go through, I thought what could be next for the B's on the trade market.

What do you Bruins fans think about Jagr? Obviously still has a ton of skill and can provide a nice veteran leadership presence. Besides who wouldn't want that mullet here in town!

Think about it. He has shown great chemistry with Krejci while playing in tournaments for the Czech's and still has a ton of talent that could help the power play. Has 25 points this season so his production hasn't been an issue.

Dare I say what if you convince him to stick around for another season. Trade Krejci in the off-season and finally move Seguin to center. Jagr is credited a lot with Claude Giroux's jump last season, could he help the Bruins top youngster.

Can the Bruins move Krejci for Bobby Ryan, which was talked about a lot last summer.

Imagine this next season...

Lucic-Seguin-Jagr
Marchand-Bergeron-Ryan
Spooner-Kelly-Peverley
Paille-Campbell-Thornton

Can always re-sign Horton too. Maybe short term makes sense while you figure out Spooner and his concussion issues. Can always go with Kelly-Peverley-Horton as the 3rd line.

Lots of possibilities for the Bruins. Not getting Iginla isn't the end of the world. Getting Jagr likely wouldn't cost you Koko either. Koko has a ton of skill, I am personally excited to see what the kid can do. Give him half a season in Providence next season to see where he is at. Jagr is also a nice stop gap while Koko and Knight get a full season in the AHL.

03-28-2013, 06:06 PM
Cronuss

Thoughts on the price?

Old
03-28-2013, 06:06 PM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Jagr vs. Pittsburgh in the ECF? Yes please.

No need to make any other moves up front. Bring in Jagr to salute the Pittsburgh crowd as he once again haunts and eliminates them. His cost would be less than Iginla and his point production (according to Savard) with Krejci would be amazing. Add him, Soderberg and Whitney and you have improved this teams skill and offensive abilities.

Old
03-28-2013, 06:08 PM
Shaun
All Aboard

I hope Jagr scores the Game 7 OT winner and takes a **** on the Penguin logo at center ice.

Old
03-28-2013, 06:09 PM
Richard Murray
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Parker View Post
Jagr vs. Pittsburgh in the ECF? Yes please.

No need to make any other moves up front. Bring in Jagr to salute the Pittsburgh crowd as he once again haunts and eliminates them. His cost would be less than Iginla and his point production (according to Savard) with Krejci would be amazing. Add him, Soderberg and Whitney and you have improved this teams skill and offensive abilities.
Completely forgot about Soderberg. He's great for the 3rd line now. Gives you lots of depth.

Price for Jagr, I would say maybe a 1st. 2 or so years ago ANA wanted a 1st for Selanne so I would call it similar.

Could probably get away with a 2nd and a 2nd tier prospect like Carter Camper. This is just my very humble opinion. I'm not an expert on this stuff, at least yet. Maybe in a few years lol

Old
03-28-2013, 06:12 PM
DougiesGoingDeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronuss View Post
Thoughts on the price?
Khoko and a 2nd (see Brandon morrow)

Worth it for a rental player?

I think Jagr wants to stay in Dallas and that's what will happen most likely.

Old
03-28-2013, 06:13 PM
Richard Murray
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougiesGoingDeep View Post
Khoko and a 2nd atleast

Worth it for a rental player?

I think Jagr wants to stay in Dallas and that's what will happen most likely.
I don't think you have to give up Koko. He's older than Iggy and this is likely his last season...

1st probably gets it done. Or you can go 2nd plus 2nd tier spec.

Old
03-28-2013, 06:17 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

I forgot Jagr still plays in this league.

He's a mercenary collecting paychecks at this point. Hitch your wagon to that if you want.

Old
03-28-2013, 06:20 PM
Nose Face Killah
#EverybodyHatesUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
I hope Jagr scores the Game 7 OT winner and takes a **** on the Penguin logo at center ice.
This needs to happen now

Old
03-28-2013, 06:20 PM
ToddRundgren
A Wizard A True Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post

He's a mercenary collecting paychecks at this point. Hitch your wagon to that if you want.
Yeah, what would we do with his 14 goals and 11 assists?

I would rather have him than Iginla. I don't see it happening, though.

Old
03-28-2013, 06:22 PM
DougiesGoingDeep

Quote:

Or he'd instantly become the Bruins best goal scorer...

Old
03-28-2013, 06:23 PM
Kegs

i wish.... the perfect rental.

Old
03-28-2013, 06:25 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Quote:
Or he'd instantly become the Bruins best goal scorer...
Only if he ignores Clode.

Old
03-28-2013, 06:28 PM
Richard Murray
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
you're very negative lol

Old
03-28-2013, 06:34 PM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancelotLink View Post
Yeah, what would we do with his 14 goals and 11 assists?

I would rather have him than Iginla. I don't see it happening, though.
This.

People forget how many goals this guy already has. He is tied with Marchand for crying out loud at his age and if Marc Savard thinks he'd be magic with Krejci I think he is worth the second and prospect. Then Dallas can resign him in July.

I'd be looking into Yandle as well now that Koko and a 1st are on the table in Boston.

Old
03-28-2013, 06:36 PM
DougiesGoingDeep

Quote:
Well who do you suggest Chia goes after next then?

Jagr was fairly productive last year in a system that is VERY similar to Clodes

His not the player he once was obviously and tends to take shifts, maybe even some games off, but at this point, what's a better solution to filling our forward and PP issues?

Jagr brings instant offense at a cheaper price than others like MSL (who I doubt is available) would cost.

Old
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Like I said in the other thread.. I'm fairly certain that one of the big reasons why he didn't sign in Boston was because of MA's state income tax. Other than California, they are among the highest in the nation, no?

hence the signing in Dallas. No income tax. He's still got the talent, there's no doubt about that. But I think at this point in his career he is trying to make as much as possible before retiring.

Would LOVE to see him with Lucic and Krejci.. but even if he were to come here for the next couple months as a rental.. I doubt he sticks around for next season.

Old
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Dude. I'm losing it.

For sure, this is not getting enough love.

Old
03-28-2013, 06:40 PM
GoBs

Quote:
Well who do you suggest Chia goes after next then?

Jagr was fairly productive last year in a system that is VERY similar to Clodes

His not the player he once was obviously and tends to take shifts, maybe even some games off, but at this point, what's a better solution to filling our forward and PP issues?

Jagr brings instant offense at a cheaper price than others like MSL (who I doubt is available) would cost.
Phillys system similar to Claude's? What NHL are you watching?

Old
03-28-2013, 06:43 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Murray View Post
you're very negative lol
Just don't like Jagr and never have. All those empty spaces reserved for banners he was supposed to help deliver hanging in MSG, the Phone Booth and the Wells Fargo might have a bit to do with it. He's the Holy Grail everyone keeps reaching for at the end of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and someone's gotta let it go.

Old
03-28-2013, 06:46 PM
Richard Murray
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Just don't like Jagr and never have. All those empty spaces reserved for banners he was supposed to help deliver hanging in MSG, the Phone Booth and the Wells Fargo might have a bit to do with it. He's the Holy Grail everyone keeps reaching for at the end of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and someone's gotta let it go.

Personally I think he would be money with Krejci.

Old
03-28-2013, 06:47 PM
Hnidy Hnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityRick View Post
Like I said in the other thread.. I'm fairly certain that one of the big reasons why he didn't sign in Boston was because of MA's state income tax. Other than California, they are among the highest in the nation, no?

hence the signing in Dallas. No income tax. He's still got the talent, there's no doubt about that. But I think at this point in his career he is trying to make as much as possible before retiring.

Would LOVE to see him with Lucic and Krejci.. but even if he were to come here for the next couple months as a rental.. I doubt he sticks around for next season.
Im completely ok with that. He'd probably only get taxed on the prorated portion remaining on his contract, and Im sure the B's could find him charity work he could write off next April.

Old
03-28-2013, 06:48 PM
DougiesGoingDeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBs View Post
Phillys system similar to Claude's? What NHL are you watching?
I should have said style of play more than "system" and was referring to last year more than this year

Ive heard Cam compare the Bruins to Philly (more than once) when asked who the Bruins playing style is most similar to.

Bottom line- DK and Jagr would be more productive than DK and Horton right now, IMO...Horton needs something to light a fire under his ass (along with some others as well, I realize that) and I figured Iginla would do just that, but that's not an option anymore

Last edited by DougiesGoingDeep: 03-28-2013 at 06:54 PM.
Old
03-28-2013, 06:49 PM
EastCoastNiner

Jagr>>Iginla.

Better passer, better playmaker, stronger on the puck, better decision maker, and better in the playoffs.

If people want to question his leadership, Laviolette said he was amazing for the Flyers locker-room last year.

I've wanted Jagr in Boston badly, and he won't cost a fortune.

Old
03-28-2013, 06:50 PM
Numbah4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Murray View Post
When the Bruins "deal" for Iginla was announced yesterday I thought the Bruins overpaid. To hear it didn't go through, I thought what could be next for the B's on the trade market.

What do you Bruins fans think about Jagr? Obviously still has a ton of skill and can provide a nice veteran leadership presence. Besides who wouldn't want that mullet here in town!

Think about it. He has shown great chemistry with Krejci while playing in tournaments for the Czech's and still has a ton of talent that could help the power play. Has 25 points this season so his production hasn't been an issue.

Dare I say what if you convince him to stick around for another season. Trade Krejci in the off-season and finally move Seguin to center. Jagr is credited a lot with Claude Giroux's jump last season, could he help the Bruins top youngster.

Can the Bruins move Krejci for Bobby Ryan, which was talked about a lot last summer.

Imagine this next season...

Lucic-Seguin-Jagr
Marchand-Bergeron-Ryan
Spooner-Kelly-Peverley
Paille-Campbell-Thornton

Can always re-sign Horton too. Maybe short term makes sense while you figure out Spooner and his concussion issues. Can always go with Kelly-Peverley-Horton as the 3rd line.

Lots of possibilities for the Bruins. Not getting Iginla isn't the end of the world. Getting Jagr likely wouldn't cost you Koko either. Koko has a ton of skill, I am personally excited to see what the kid can do. Give him half a season in Providence next season to see where he is at. Jagr is also a nice stop gap while Koko and Knight get a full season in the AHL.
Why not? I view Jagr as a rental. Unless he does great and loves it in Boston. I've thought of the Krejci/Ryan possibilities and that seems like a draft day type trade. They supposedly want a 2nd line C. And, I'd like a better scorer than Horton. After each team assesses their season. I'll take it a step further if we flame out early. I'd like to move Seguin to C. His plays are made at speed or in the middle of the ice. Not along the boards. He's no Bergeron defensively. But, neither is Krejci. Lucic/Rask for Taylor Hall+. The extra we get from Edmonton can go to Anaheim to balance out those trades.

Taylor/Tyler/Bobby Ryan 16,850,000m
Marchand/Bergeron/Paille 10,800,000m
Soderberg/Spooner/Peverly 6,500,000m est
Kelly/Campbell/Thornton 5,700,000m

Chara/Boychuk 10,283,000m
Seids/Hamilton 4,750,000m
Krug/McQuaid 3,270,000m

Svedberg 1m? 3,000,000m
Khudobin 2m??

We'd be at 61, 133,000. Would like to upgrade that RW for Marchand and Bergeron to play with. If we deal Kelly+ prospects, that gives you about 6.5m to play with. Could sign Horton for 4m. I'm not crazy about that. Make a bigger trade of Boychuk/Kelly and picks/prospects for a Top 4 defenseman. See what you have in Koko and Knight. If neither ready, I doubt it. But, rest of talent upfront gives you some time to make an in season move. BTW I'm not a Rask hater. Doubt if we would be this bold. Just throwing it out there. Doubt we can beat pitt in 2013/14. Maybe, with Subban or Svedber we'd be ready for them in 2014/15.

Closed Thread