HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Iginla Traded To Pittsburgh

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-28-2013, 04:32 PM
  #101
gretskidoo
Registered User
 
gretskidoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,195
vCash: 500
That's just being a bandwagon fan.

Well, as long as you don't deny your nature!

gretskidoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 04:35 PM
  #102
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!
 
SoupNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kramerica Industries
Country: Argentina
Posts: 16,828
vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ari13 View Post
It is because Crosby is so easy to dislike.
Quoted for truth.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 05:12 PM
  #103
SirloinUB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 689
vCash: 500
Nobody bite my head off, because I do believe the Penguins were a stronger contender than the wings prior to their moves.

However, how different was the quality of the two rosters prior to the deadline moves? This isnt a statistical comparisson, but rather for ***** and giggles. Im operating under 3 givens:
A) Pitt is more offensive.
B) Our team is more defensive. (Looking at GA/G the difference is negligble, but I do believe our team defence is better, our system is more defense focused)
C) Comparisons below arent always statisically relevent (ie. Neal - Franzen) but often are (ie. Fleury - Howard).


both teams have two top line centers.
Crosby -Zetterberg
Malkin - Datsyuk

both lines have good top 6 winger depth
Neal - Franzen
Kunitz (insane breakout year) - Brunner (good(?) breakout year)
Dupuis - Filppula

Both teams have "Grinders playing up the roster"
Cooke - Abdelkader
Bennett - Cleary

Both teams top defenceman are dynamic offensively and "meh" defensively.
Letang - Kronwall

Niether team has an outstanding shutdown defenceman
Orpik - Ericsson

Both teams have a rookie Defence playing solid hockey
Despres - Smith

Third line centers are of the same caliber
Sutter - Helm

The complimentary pieces are playing at similar levels
Martin - Kindl
Niskanen - Quincey
Kennedy - Andersson

Both starting goalies are of the same caliber
Fleury - Howard


Again, I dont think this team is an elite contender, but i dont think we are as far off as some people say. Obviously, our rosters and abilities are "trending" in the opposite direction of Pittsburg due to ages. But when you look at things on a single season basis we are still a very good team. Our record doesnt show it but I see two reasons for that:
-We have a habit of playing down to weaker teams.
-More man games lost to injury than any other team.

SirloinUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 05:17 PM
  #104
Hendricks433
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 681
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirloinUB View Post
Nobody bite my head off, because I do believe the Penguins were a stronger contender than the wings prior to their moves.

However, how different was the quality of the two rosters prior to the deadline moves? This isnt a statistical comparisson, but rather for ***** and giggles. Im operating under 3 givens:
A) Pitt is more offensive.
B) Our team is more defensive. (Looking at GA/G the difference is negligble, but I do believe our team defence is better, our system is more defense focused)
C) Comparisons below arent always statisically relevent (ie. Neal - Franzen) but often are (ie. Fleury - Howard).


both teams have two top line centers.
Crosby -Zetterberg
Malkin - Datsyuk

both lines have good top 6 winger depth
Neal - Franzen
Kunitz (insane breakout year) - Brunner (good(?) breakout year)
Dupuis - Filppula

Both teams have "Grinders playing up the roster"
Cooke - Abdelkader
Bennett - Cleary

Both teams top defenceman are dynamic offensively and "meh" defensively.
Letang - Kronwall

Niether team has an outstanding shutdown defenceman
Orpik - Ericsson

Both teams have a rookie Defence playing solid hockey
Despres - Smith

Third line centers are of the same caliber
Sutter - Helm

The complimentary pieces are playing at similar levels
Martin - Kindl
Niskanen - Quincey
Kennedy - Andersson

Both starting goalies are of the same caliber
Fleury - Howard


Again, I dont think this team is an elite contender, but i dont think we are as far off as some people say. Obviously, our rosters and abilities are "trending" in the opposite direction of Pittsburg due to ages. But when you look at things on a single season basis we are still a very good team. Our record doesnt show it but I see two reasons for that:
-We have a habit of playing down to weaker teams.
-More man games lost to injury than any other team.
I would agree that we are not that far off. Most people on this forum have completely written the team off. With a couple of moves, primarily a legit scoring winger for Datsyuk and a good top 3(pref top 2) we can definitely be contenders.

Hendricks433 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 05:23 PM
  #105
SirloinUB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendricks433 View Post
I would agree that we are not that far off. Most people on this forum have completely written the team off. With a couple of moves, primarily a legit scoring winger for Datsyuk and a good top 3(pref top 2) we can definitely be contenders.
Exactly. Obviously those two players arent available for a price this team should pay. But on a pieces basis, we are close.

Lets not forget that most teams would kill for the center depth we have.

Chicago has a hole in the 2C spot and they are still considered a contender.

SirloinUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 05:44 PM
  #106
Hendricks433
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 681
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirloinUB View Post
Exactly. Obviously those two players arent available for a price this team should pay. But on a pieces basis, we are close.

Lets not forget that most teams would kill for the center depth we have.

Chicago has a hole in the 2C spot and they are still considered a contender.
If we would have brought in a Semin or something in the offseason we would be looking at adding a top D-man and looking good.

We do have center depth which is really good.

Datsyuk, Z, Helm, Emmerton, Anderson, Sheahan, Jarnkrok, Ferraro.

Hendricks433 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 05:46 PM
  #107
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 18,165
vCash: 500
Bennett has played better than Cleary.

Kindl has been ok but he's got almost nothing against Martin. Martin has played like legit #1 or at least top pairing D.

Letang is not 'meh' defensively.

imo.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 05:58 PM
  #108
SirloinUB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InjuredChoker View Post
Bennett has played better than Cleary.

Kindl has been ok but he's got almost nothing against Martin. Martin has played like legit #1 or at least top pairing D.

Letang is not 'meh' defensively.

imo.
Statistically speaking, Bennett has played as well as Bertuzzi.

Kindl and Martin, you are right. Points wise they are on par, but Martin gets the tough assignments and plays all situations.

When I say "Meh" I was categorizing both Letang, and Kronwall as decent, with them being in the same range. The edge would go to letang.

SirloinUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 06:01 PM
  #109
DarkReign
Registered User
 
DarkReign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,584
vCash: 500
For the cheap seats, one more time...

There is NOTHING Holland could have done to acquire Iginla.

There is no reason to b**** and moan about it. Iginla chose which team he wanted to go to and Detroit wasnt even on his list to begin with.

Face it, the detractors on this board arent the only ones who know Detroit is not a contender.

DarkReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 06:11 PM
  #110
SirloinUB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign View Post
For the cheap seats, one more time...

There is NOTHING Holland could have done to acquire Iginla.

There is no reason to b**** and moan about it. Iginla chose which team he wanted to go to and Detroit wasnt even on his list to begin with.

Face it, the detractors on this board arent the only ones who know Detroit is not a contender.
EVERYONE AND THEIR DOG is aware that Iginla picked Pittsburg and only Pittsburg. We all have understood and accepted that.

I wont accept people writing this team off. We have the tenth best record in the NHL and one team (LA) can take that from us by means of winning their games at hand.

SirloinUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:01 PM
  #111
Hendricks433
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 681
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirloinUB View Post
EVERYONE AND THEIR DOG is aware that Iginla picked Pittsburg and only Pittsburg. We all have understood and accepted that.

I wont accept people writing this team off. We have the tenth best record in the NHL and one team (LA) can take that from us by means of winning their games at hand.
With Miller and Abdelkader playing on our top 2 lines. If we had Bert and Helm playing we would be better as well.

Hendricks433 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:53 PM
  #112
Bench
Moderator
Realgud!
 
Bench's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Monk's
Posts: 7,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZBAKE View Post
Lets be real here, at this time Malkin and Sid are better compared to the rest of the league than Yzerman and Fedorov ever were.
They were never top 2 players at the same time
Maybe, but do you think I want to volunteer that kind of thing around here?

Bench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:55 PM
  #113
Heaton
#disapointment
 
Heaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rochester, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 16,976
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsNow View Post
In 2008? As If I remember that particular argument.

Didn't we win the cup in 08 without Hossa and sign him for nothing for 08-09?
Well this debate was prior to the Wings winning the cup so what happened afterward was irrelevant. There was a faction wanting the Wings to trade for Hossa and another small faction saying the Wings shouldn't trade anything for rentals.

Heaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 08:06 AM
  #114
14ari13
Registered User
 
14ari13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Western Sahara
Country: Norway
Posts: 9,142
vCash: 500
Just saw this in another thread.

Quote:
Because Bettman will force another GM to trade another 40 goal scoring power foward to Pitt for less than market value.

14ari13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:29 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.