Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Sweden
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

2012-13 SEL Season

Old
03-21-2013, 01:31 PM
Harvey Specter
Boooooone

vCash: 500
Say goodbye to HV, I guess. Down 3-0 half-way through the first period.

Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 02:21 PM
Hockeyfrilla

...and HV is out.

Last edited by Hockeyfrilla: 03-21-2013 at 03:34 PM.
Hockeyfrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 03:55 PM
take a peek

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM View Post
Frölunda in six stands as my guess, but I could see them finish it off in five as well.
guess not

Pretty new to SEL, Canadian living in Luleå, but long time hockey fan.

Is Frölunda always so whiny with the refs? I have not seen anything like it before. I missed the first three games of the series but the last two they are constantly chirping the refs.

At the end of the first period tonight they had like 6 guys approach the refs, I have seen the captain go up after a period to get explanations but not a whole line and the goalie.

take a peek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 04:17 PM
Harvey Specter
Boooooone

Assuming Luleå takes care of business, SAIK-LHC could be a heck of a series. I certainly hope so, because it if's over in 5, no live hockey for me.

Old
03-21-2013, 04:28 PM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by take a peak View Post
Is Frölunda always so whiny with the refs? I have not seen anything like it before. I missed the first three games of the series but the last two they are constantly chirping the refs.

At the end of the first period tonight they had like 6 guys approach the refs, I have seen the captain go up after a period to get explanations but not a whole line and the goalie.
No, only when treated unfairly.

Systemfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 04:57 PM
SurMartin

Why could they not check Luleås first goal tonight?
Last monday they reviewed and then dissallowed this goal at 0:25 http://www.svtplay.se/klipp/1105582/...og-ut-mastarna

The inconsistency is ridiculous.

SurMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 05:39 PM
KRM

Quote:
guess not
Ok so I overestimated Brynäs and HV thinking both would've won one extra game each. And I underestimated Luleå, but when the series is over I'll be four for four.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM View Post
Skellefteå in 5
Färjestad in 5
Frölunda in 6
Linköping in 6

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 05:50 AM
gretskidoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurMartin View Post
Why could they not check Luleås first goal tonight?
Last monday they reviewed and then dissallowed this goal at 0:25 http://www.svtplay.se/klipp/1105582/...og-ut-mastarna

The inconsistency is ridiculous.
Probably too scared to because the refs ****ed up the entire 4th game between the two teams.

gretskidoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 07:06 AM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretskidoo View Post
Probably too scared to because the refs ****ed up the entire 4th game between the two teams.
That's a good reason why they SHOULD have gone to video review, no? No more mistakes?

Old
03-22-2013, 07:43 AM
take a peek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Systemfel View Post
No, only when treated unfairly.
I can see how they think that they may have felt that they got a raw deal on the goal call (which I don't think they did, see below) but seriously 5,6 or 7 guys all going up to the refs after the period. Looked super childish and funny to me. Seriously you never see that.

Lulea did not swarm the ref after double overtime loss, where it could be argued that the puck was kicked in and there was no review. They took the loss and moved on. Frolunda players would not even leave the ice at the end of the game.

To me it seems they follow the lead of the captain (Lundquist?), who is constantly yapping the refs...not a good thing in my eyes...though maybe it worked as they got that cheap goalie interference call in the third.

Frolunda goalie is really, really good but can't believe the refs called that after they must have seen him initiate contact with stick and arms every time Lulea forward anywhere near him. I have never seen anything like that either, does he ever get interference calls? he constantly does it.

As for the goal.....

1-goalie well out of his crease
2-Frolunda player pushed Lulea forward into goalie, initiating the contact
3- good goal
4- could also see how it would be called back just as easily
5- can you review that in SEL? I know you cannot in the NHL
6- that goal was in the first, plenty of time to get it back, good goal or not.

I am not trying to be provocative here, just my observations.....on a very entertaining series. Hopefully it goes to 7 so I can go watch the game 7 here live...good times.

sorry for spelling, non Swedish keyboard.

Old
03-22-2013, 07:58 AM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

Quote:
I can see how they think that they may have felt that they got a raw deal on the goal call (which I don't think they did, see below) but seriously 5,6 or 7 guys all going up to the refs after the period. Looked super childish and funny to me. Seriously you never see that.
It's actually not that uncommon in the SEL. I agree it doesn't look good, though.
Quote:
1-goalie well out of his crease
Goalie still had some contact with his crease. Not exactly "well out."

Either way, you can't tie up an opponent that doesn't have the puck, regardless of crease or if it's a goalie.
Quote:
2-Frolunda player pushed Lulea forward into goalie, initiating the contact
Bell pushed Vihko in another direction. IMO, you can clearly see Vihko sticking his leg in to restrict Hudáček's movement. Vihko saw what what happening with Cehlárik and the puck, and took a chance.
Quote:
can you review that in SEL? I know you cannot in the NHL
Yes, they reviewed a goal in Game 4 of the Skellefteå/Brynäs series and disallowed it due to goaltender interference.
Quote:
Frolunda goalie is really, really good but can't believe the refs called that after they must have seen him initiate contact with stick and arms every time Lulea forward anywhere near him. I have never seen anything like that either, does he ever get interference calls? he constantly does it..
Well, he was probably angry about the 1-0 goal and was protecting his crease. Goalies are allowed to move freely in the crease.

I remember Tomáš Vokoun sticking his leg out once, tripping Kirk Maltby who was forechecking. Maltby got the penalty. I was furious, but that's the rule.

Last edited by Systemfel: 03-22-2013 at 08:07 AM.
Old
03-22-2013, 09:05 AM
take a peek

Maybe I need to see it again, I was at the game, so saw it live and then the replay on the board there.

But goalie was pretty clearly out of the crease (part of a skate touching or not) and/or at least the offending Lulea player was not even close to in the crease. And whether he was pushed exactly there or not it is not like Vihko went there entirely on his own, he was helped.

Either way, I could see the goal counting or not counting easily either way, pretty subjective, but I can see why the refs defended their call. I think you would have to agree that it was not a black and white call that refs completely blew, they had their justifications whether you agree or not.

The Brynas\Skelleftea game call was completely different. The offending player skated through the top of the crease and catches the goalies stick completely on his own.... nobody pushed him at all and he skated clearly through the top of the crease and the goalie definitely on his own turf within the crease.

I know a goalie is free to move in his crease, but have you not noticed him sticking out arms and stick as any player comes remotely close to him, its pretty obvious. I have seen lots of goalies do it a bit but he really goes over the top. If you have not noticed, watch for it next game. Just because a player comes close to your crease (heck even cruise through part of it) you cannot slash or interfere, that is not the rule Though sometimes, like you say, I have seen goalie initiated contact called interference.

...on a side note, how did Frolunda end up with a NA Native in a headdress as a logo? I like the logo just wondering how it came to be ( or maybe I am an idiot and that is not what it is)

Old
03-22-2013, 09:55 AM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

Sure, I could see what the refs meants, just really surprised at the no-review call. I'm sure that an NHL official would have called it off immediately though. It's the inconsistency here...

And yeah, the Frölunda goalie does stick out his arms and legs. And like I said, he is probably angry about being run into. Refs have told him that the crease is his, though, so that's probably why he's doing it.

Sort of, "Okay, they can push me when I'm outside the crease, so I'm gonna do THIS inside my crease everytime someone skates by." Get it?
Quote:
...on a side note, how did Frolunda end up with a NA Native in a headdress as a logo? I like the logo just wondering how it came to be ( or maybe I am an idiot and that is not what it is)
Back in the '80s, Frölunda was known as the "Wild West" team due to its run-and-gun playing style (scoring and hitting) and the fact that Gothenburg is on the West Coast. What "characters" are associated with the Wild West? "Cowboys and Indians." Cowboys was the primary choice, but was deemed inappropriate due to cowboys being associated with guns and violence.

They went that way instead of just making something up completely. HV71 chose "Blue Bulls", Timrå were the "Red Eagles", Luleå were the Bears, and so on.

Last edited by Systemfel: 03-22-2013 at 10:05 AM.
Old
03-22-2013, 10:13 AM
Son of Krypton

Quote:
Either way, you can't tie up an opponent that doesn't have the puck, regardless of crease or if it's a goalie.
Well, I guess it could be argued that Hudáček was the one who tied up Vihko. To me, it all looked accidental.
Quote:
Bell pushed Vihko in another direction. IMO, you can clearly see Vihko sticking his leg in to restrict Hudáček's movement. Vihko saw what what happening with Cehlárik and the puck, and took a chance.
Vihko also tried to lift his leg as Hudáček tried to move back into the crease.
Looking at it in normal speed, the whole situation went by very fast.
If Bell hadn't been there (regardless of which way he intended to push Vihko), Hudáček would have had more of a case
Quote:
Yes, they reviewed a goal in Game 4 of the Skellefteå/Brynäs series and disallowed it due to goaltender interference.
But the Skellefteå player was clearly skating through the crease.
In Vihkos case, it would have been an interference call outside the crease, if anything. And penalties outside the crease are not reviewable, as far as I know.

Also, it looked too me like the refs did watch the replays on the video board before they decided to drop the puck. It probably cemented their decision not to have the goal reviewed.
And they did look at it again at the intermission, coming to the same conclusion.

I think the refs explained the situation quite well after the game.
That said, I can see why some of the Frölunda fans are upset. And I doubt Vihko's involvement made it a sweeter pill to swallow.

Son of Krypton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 11:55 AM
take a peek

Okay, I understand, the decision to not review being the frustrating part...I agree if they can review that, they definitely should of, pretty irresponsible not to actually.

Also I get the goalie thing too, like I said new to SEL (having only watched maybe 20 or so games over the past couple seasons) and only have watched 2.5 games of series, had no idea that was the unspoken policy/idea with the goalie interference/interfering with the goalie....if that is the way it is, once again, now understood.

And for the logo, that's pretty cool reasoning behind it...

There must be something to the Lulea bear as they have a bunch of bears around the area (statues, landscape features and on some logos and art)....maybe something historical but not as fun as wild west...haha.

looking forward to game 6, heres to hoping for for no wacky reffing and the game is decided by the players on the ice

Old
03-22-2013, 12:01 PM
SurMartin

"Fun" thing about this was: In the Brynäs-Skellefteå game, everyone including Holmqvist thought it was a good goal. It was the video goal judge who took matters into his own hands and signaled for the referee. In the Luleå-Frölunda game people reacted quite heavily but still no one checked.

Biased people everywhere. Give us a war room please.

Old
03-23-2013, 12:38 PM
take a peek

Lulea-Frolunda...Lulea wins.

Kind of a letdown compared to rest of the series, excitement wise. After Lulea goes up by three, they really sat back and let the play come to them...

Frolunda could of easily tied it up, I hate it when the team I am cheering for sits on a lead, boring and almost always ends up being close (unless you are the early 2000's devils).

Never seen a goalie pulled with 4 to go, even if playing for their season. Almost worked, even when they get within 1, they still have goalie out with over 2min...with the chances they were getting you think you could wait 30-60 seconds....I don't know though, maybe bigger ice makes it easier to control the puck so you can pull goalie earlier.

Old
03-23-2013, 01:47 PM
KRM

Quote:
Lulea-Frolunda...Lulea wins.

Kind of a letdown compared to rest of the series, excitement wise. After Lulea goes up by three, they really sat back and let the play come to them...

Frolunda could of easily tied it up, I hate it when the team I am cheering for sits on a lead, boring and almost always ends up being close (unless you are the early 2000's devils).

Never seen a goalie pulled with 4 to go, even if playing for their season. Almost worked, even when they get within 1, they still have goalie out with over 2min...with the chances they were getting you think you could wait 30-60 seconds....I don't know though, maybe bigger ice makes it easier to control the puck so you can pull goalie earlier.
HV71 pulled their goalie with 8 minutes left against Frölunda a couple years back. Goalie out almost the entire time, no goal for either team.

Old
03-23-2013, 02:44 PM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

I said it before the playoffs, Färjestad will play Skellefteå in the finals. Skellefteå will beat Linköping 4-1, with Färjestad sweeping Luleå.

Old
03-24-2013, 12:49 PM
Howe Elbows 9

vCash: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolorous Edd View Post
Skellefteå in 5
Färjestad in 5
Luleå in 7
HV71 in 7
Three series winners correct and FBK in 5...

Skellefteå in 7
Färjestad in 6

I'd like to see SAIK - LHF in the finals, but I wouldn't bet any money on it happening.

Howe Elbows 9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 03:50 PM
Harvey Specter
Boooooone

We had a guest visiting from Sweden over the weekend. She ran into someone kinda cool at Landvetter Airport:

Old
03-25-2013, 04:54 PM
KRM

Foppa?

Old
03-28-2013, 05:34 PM
SurMartin

I didn't see nuthin'!

Just do us all a favor and retire, Kuben.

Old
03-28-2013, 06:06 PM
gretskidoo

They gave SAIK a goal too with Goren's penalty, so it evened out in crappiness.

gretskidoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 06:15 PM
SurMartin

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretskidoo View Post
They gave SAIK a goal too with Goren's penalty, so it evened out in crappiness.
They must have had great powers of foretelling to know that it would result in a goal!
I think I would rather have received a penelty than an immediate goal against, but maybe that's just me.