HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs on Tradecentre Part 4 (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?) ‎

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2013, 05:00 PM
Habs88
Ya I'm a habs fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Issacar View Post
Bourque would need to be able to play in the NHL again for that line to be possible. Rene Bourque is probably the new Marc Savard.
Dumbest thing I've ever heard is Diaz the next pronger

Old
03-28-2013, 05:05 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

List of prospects I'd trade in a package for Clowe:

LL (he's the best I'd offer and I wouldn't be thrilled but...)
Ellis, Holland, Pateryn, Bennett, Dumont, Nygren.

Old
03-28-2013, 05:06 PM
lamp9post

The Bruins are ONE team. We can't modify our lineup to deal with the toughness of ONE team. There are 28 others that we also need to win games against. The B's are also not very consistent when it comes to toughness either. Lucic and Horton have been more or less invisible in the games I've seen so far this year.

I agree that we could use a Clowe type in our top-9, but part of me would love to see us somehow acquire Martin St. Louis just to see the reactions on this board.

Old
03-28-2013, 05:11 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post

To be generous I'll add Quailer, Vail and Nattinen to your list. Leblanc for Clowe is about as high as we should go IMO. Any more and we should be targetting defense.

Old
03-28-2013, 05:12 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
To be generous I'll add Quailer, Vail and Nattinen to your list. Leblanc for Clowe is about as high as we should go IMO.
I hope Bergevin is ready for the gallows should that happen.

Old
03-28-2013, 05:15 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
I hope Bergevin is ready for the gallows should that happen.
Leblanc for Clowe? It's really not a good idea, but if the alternative is SouthernHabs deal...

Old
03-28-2013, 05:16 PM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamp9post View Post
The Bruins are ONE team. We can't modify our lineup to deal with the toughness of ONE team.
That's true. But they are one of the teams that really exposes our weaknesses along the boards. And they happen to be our rival so that's the one everyone brings up. That's not to say we haven't done well against them. They are not the only team that can beat us on that front. Not saying we should copy them, but I think we could still use a tougher 4th liner.

Old
03-28-2013, 05:20 PM
Mr. Hab

Alexdaman wrote:
'' Well Bouwmeester was acquired from the panthers for Jordan Leopold and a 3rd round pick. Now Bouwmeester as become somewhat of a persona non grata in Calgary we could probably get him for a 3rd and Yannick Weber.

Then we could ship him off somewhere else this summer. Altough it would cost us a 3rd and Weber which I'm not entirely convince it would actually be a good idea. ''

3rd + Weber...sounds good, but not sure Calgary will go for it...I'd take the risk but I prefer a grittier dman (Therrien+Bergevin may want a grittier dman...let's wait and see).

----------------------- -----------------------------------

The Doors wrote:
'' Boyle, Bouwmeester, Klesla, Regehr, Robidas, Streit... Bergevin needs to flex a little bit and add a defenceman. ''

I'd love to add Robidas (right-hander)...IF the price is not too expensive, but I'm sure it won't be cheap. The price won't be cheap for any of the dmen mentioned above, but I hope I'm wrong. Robidas is a playoff warrior, imo. He's also good insurance in case of any injury to our top 3 (ex: Markov) and also good insurance in case Diaz doesn't come back this season.

Gorges-PK Subban
Markov-Emelin
Bouillon-Robidas
Diaz (injured)
Tinordi (solid as 7th-8th dman for this season...or maybe grooming him for next season or this year's playoffs?).

Old
03-28-2013, 05:20 PM
JohnnyB11

How about nothing???

Seriously. The Pens were a force, the top team in the conference, and they added Iginla, Morrow and Murray. Why deal ANY youth/prospects to try and match that??

Go with what we have. Hopefully Bourque and Diaz get back soon. See what happens. Let Timmins work his magic in the off-season. Then gear up for some good days ahead.

Old
03-28-2013, 05:22 PM
Habaddict

Quote:
Leblanc for Clowe? It's really not a good idea, but if the alternative is SouthernHabs deal...
Trading Lablanc now, when his value could easily be at an all-time low?

I agree,that doesn't sound wise. What was the other proposal?
Eller plus a 3rd.

Old
03-28-2013, 05:23 PM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB11 View Post
How about nothing???

Seriously. The Pens were a force, the top team in the conference, and they added Iginla, Morrow and Murray. Why deal ANY youth/prospects to try and match that??
I don't know if we should just be reactive and try to match it. But I think we should at least try to adjust at least one need to try to make us the best team we can be right now without giving up too much. There are guys playing pretty well right now. Gallagher comes to mind first. We should do a little something to improve our chances, for guys like Gallagher who battled all last night to put us in first again.

I think on paper we are not there yet. But I still think we should be making so low price or low risk moves for a possible run. Because you never know. We are doing fairly decent this year. I think we have looked weaker lately, even in the games we win, but still. There are some positives here. The team seems to have a good attitude this year. Confidence is there. It's worth investing something in. That can all change in a year. Coach can lose the room. Attitude might not be the same next year.

Pens and Bruins would be tough opponents in the playoffs, but there are always upsets. And the great thing about the playoffs is another team could pull off the upset for you. The way the Isles may have helped us win the cup in 93. I am not banking on a cup run. For all I know, we could be golfing after the first round. But I think we should make some kind of investment in this season.

Last edited by andy28: 03-28-2013 at 05:32 PM.
Old
03-28-2013, 05:26 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
To be generous I'll add Quailer, Vail and Nattinen to your list. Leblanc for Clowe is about as high as we should go IMO. Any more and we should be targetting defense.
Good call. Thought about adding Quailer but I don't really know if his value is high enough plus if he can put it all together he could really be something.

Totally forgot about Nattinen.

I'd rather not add Vail. He's pretty unique in our organization but I definitely see where you're coming from and I think we're on the same page.

Old
03-28-2013, 05:27 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
How about nothing???

Go with what we have. Hopefully Bourque and Diaz get back soon. See what happens. Let Timmins work his magic in the off-season. Then gear up for some good days ahead.
I would love to keep our 1st and all of our 2nd Rnd Picks...but wondering what we can get for an decent to average prospect + a 3rd Rnd Pick...? (#4-5 dman who could do the job).

Or else...we're in great shape IF Bourque, Diaz, Prust all come back and 100% healthy, not groggy/foggy and no partially separated shoulder that will pop out after 5-10 games...'cause I love the players we already have and believe in them...it's just a matter of all of 'em being healthy/fresh for playoffs. I wouldn't rush Diaz, Bourque, Prust...we just beat the Bruins without them and we should make sure they're a 100% before coming back.
I'm just concerned about our top 3 dmen getting too much ice-time right now...they need fuel for playoffs...so maybe we need to get a #4-5 dman right now to help them out with 18min+/game.

Old
03-28-2013, 05:28 PM
Stephpa10

Quote:

would hate to lose Leblanc but i would live with it, all other on your list i wouldn't mind either for Clowe or Glencross if he is available

Old
03-28-2013, 05:29 PM
Et le But

Quote:
I'd rather not add Vail. He's pretty unique in our organization but I definitely see where you're coming from and I think we're on the same page.
The only reason I'd consider Vail is because I think we have something of a log jam in defensive centers, and I think Vail essentially will play the same role Bounival does at a higher levels. He's not my first choice for trade bait, but I think he has a fair bit of value relative to his draft position.

Old
03-28-2013, 05:30 PM
Stephpa10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaddict View Post

Eller plus a 3rd.
yeah but what happens if this is has high it gets, there no guarantee he can bounce back, i would live if Leblanc goes, Eller however would be pissed to trade him for a rental

Old
03-28-2013, 05:31 PM
Lions999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaddict View Post

Eller plus a 3rd.
Trade him now Leblanc is overrated... big mistake picking first round...

Old
03-28-2013, 05:35 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs88 View Post
Ya lets trade our captain one the hardest working player on this team for a forty year old and also a second rounder. How can u compare that to the Ryder trade we traded a player who was struggling and didn't look like he wanted to play hockey for one of Dallas leading scores and we even got a third rounder. It's more like the trade for jägr the roles are reversed and Dallas is getting the better of us
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Why the hell would they trade their captain for a rental? ...then throw in a 2nd rounder. Gionta is a better player than Jagr, plus he is captain of the team.

Seriously, where do you people come up with this crap?
First I don't see Gionta as a long-term solution for us.

Secondly, whether Jagr re-sign with us or not, we're getting rid of 5 million.

Third, i'll take Jagr in the playoffs this year over Gio. Talented big body.

Fourth, Plekanec with Jagr, baby. Book it.

I just don't seen any negatives other than "oh Gio is our captain and he's a trooper".

Now as far as adding a 2nd pick, well it's a matter of them being worried of taking Gio's contract.

Old
03-28-2013, 05:35 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
How about nothing???

Exactly.

Iginla, Morrow, Murray....can't compete with that, unless we give up a 1st Rnd Pick and a 2nd... don't want to do that.
We have to wait one or two more years for Galchenyuk to be a solid 2nd or 2st line center before we really go for it in the market.

For now...getting Prust, Bourque and Diaz back would be awesome, but I wouldn't rush them. We still have a month before playoffs.

I trust a 100% healthy lineup:
Gorges-Subban
Markov-Emelin
Bouillon-Diaz
Tinordi

And with Bourque and Prust back...we'll have a VERY VERY SOLID TOP 9 and even a solid 4th line. we just have to cross our fingers.

Old
03-28-2013, 05:36 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamp9post View Post
The Bruins are ONE team. We can't modify our lineup to deal with the toughness of ONE team. There are 28 others that we also need to win games against. The B's are also not very consistent when it comes to toughness either. Lucic and Horton have been more or less invisible in the games I've seen so far this year.

I agree that we could use a Clowe type in our top-9, but part of me would love to see us somehow acquire Martin St. Louis just to see the reactions on this board.
I agree on your 1st point, plus it's not like Boston has dominated us. We have beaten them 2 of 3 tries and lost 2-1 in the other game.

I think St Louis because he is a huge core player for them and signed for 3 more years would cost a ton. Not worth it.

Old
03-28-2013, 05:36 PM
Habaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephpa10 View Post
yeah but what happens if this is has high it gets, there no guarantee he can bounce back, i would live if Leblanc goes, Eller however would be pissed to trade him for a rental
If Lablanc busts completely we lose the difference between his
current minimal value, and zero. At that price I think it is much better
to give him a chance to turn it around.

Trading Eller for Clowe would be idiotic. Even without including a pick.
I think most of us are on the same page on that.

Old
03-28-2013, 05:37 PM
Bieber fever

**** off size , I want MSL

MSL
Gionta
Ryder
Gallagher

Best RW group of the league

Old
03-28-2013, 05:39 PM
Habs88
Ya I'm a habs fan

Quote:
How about nothing???

This is one of the smartest comment on this forum I read so far. I agree 100 percent I think ppl forget bourque Prust and Diaz are injured. If they were all healthy a lot of ppl would not be giving away all our draft picks and prospects for rental players.
The only thing I c Bergevin doing is picking up some depth on d and maybe that fourth line and I think everyone is getting there hopes up with all these players.

To be perfectly frank come playoff time if everyone is healthy I think we can take that Pittsburgh team to game 7 and even win it I like our team they never give up and work hard I wouldn't change anything besides a little depth but not to overpay

Old
03-28-2013, 05:39 PM
Habaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieber fever View Post
**** off size , I want MSL

MSL
Gionta
Ryder
Gallagher

Best RW group of the league
I really prefer Ryder on the left side. Prust makes a good right wing.

Old
03-28-2013, 05:40 PM
sandysan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
Do you even watch the games? One year they get away with murder on our players and now we need useless heavy weights... Last night game was a good example of how to stay in a game. We were down 4-2 and we managed to come back. If we can find a scoring player with size, fine, but useless fighters are of no use to this team.
and two games ago we sat there and watched as a no talent hack went down two weight classes to goad our captain into a fight and no one said boo.

moen is campbell tough ( the scrap was pretty close), prust is hurt and we have no one that is gonna go with lucic thorton or mcquaid.
Having all of the talent in the world is not going to help if our undersized forwards get run out of the rink. im not saying we have to match up with them man for man, but right now they have three if not 4 ( if you include chara) guys that we literally have NO answer for.

Yes last night was good ( although I dont think either team played great) but if we want to go to the third round we are likely going to play the bruins. There is a BIG difference between pulling out two shootout wins in the regular season and beating a team ( any team) four games out of 7

Closed Thread