HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Farewell To 'Zus Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-05-2006, 10:04 PM
  #51
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...
 
Dig Out Your Soul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuiffitelli View Post
By....don't let the door hit your slow (yes I said it) often injured butt as you leave......I agree that Zues was a warrior but Calder is a much better player in the new NHL. I could care less that he is leaving, especially since we got such a nice return for him. Lets hope we can resign Calder past this year!!!
Often injured? He played three seasons with Philadelphia. Last season was the first time he missed ANY games at all - the two previous years he played all 82 games for us. And last year he only missed 9 games despite playing through a very serious shoulder injury for half the year.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2006, 10:35 PM
  #52
Lupul*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 7,815
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trippyime View Post
Often injured? He played three seasons with Philadelphia. Last season was the first time he missed ANY games at all - the two previous years he played all 82 games for us. And last year he only missed 9 games despite playing through a very serious shoulder injury for half the year.
Well, he was often injured, but he always played through it.

Lupul* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2006, 10:38 PM
  #53
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...
 
Dig Out Your Soul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicto10 View Post
Well, he was often injured, but he always played through it.
When I think of oft-injured players, I think of players that miss time. If injury news wasn't released, would we always know if Handzus was injured when he played 237 out of 246 regular season games for the Flyers?

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2006, 10:48 PM
  #54
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW
 
ShawnTHW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 8,910
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trippyime View Post
When I think of oft-injured players, I think of players that miss time. If injury news wasn't released, would we always know if Handzus was injured when he played 237 out of 246 regular season games for the Flyers?
Man your are good at chewing out other peoples *****. Keep up the good work

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2006, 10:54 PM
  #55
FearTheFlyers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 7,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuiffitelli View Post
By....don't let the door hit your slow (yes I said it) often injured butt as you leave......I agree that Zues was a warrior but Calder is a much better player in the new NHL. I could care less that he is leaving, especially since we got such a nice return for him. Lets hope we can resign Calder past this year!!!
Way to show loyalty to a guy that battled through absolutely everything to try bringing a cup to this city.

Playing through the most ridiculous injuries and always giving 200% regardless of his talent level, which wasn't half bad.

A true team guy, and truly classless of you to bash him.

FearTheFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2006, 11:42 PM
  #56
Winston Wolf
Registered User
 
Winston Wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Oahu, HI
Posts: 7,502
vCash: 500
Why even respond to Cuiffitelli? You should know by now that he's one of the biggest tools on this board.


Good luck to Handzus in Chicago, he's one player I'll truly miss playing for the Orange and Black.

Winston Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 01:18 AM
  #57
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...
 
Dig Out Your Soul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoppaMan21 View Post
Man your are good at chewing out other peoples *****. Keep up the good work
Okay?

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 04:06 AM
  #58
Max_fly
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Galliera Veneta
Country: Italy
Posts: 332
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Max_fly
Thank you Handzus! I will miss you sooooo much!

As when we traded LeClair and Roenick, another very sad day in my Flyers' fan history!!!

Max_fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 01:23 PM
  #59
Art Vandelay
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,597
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Art Vandelay
Good luck to the big man in Chicago.

We'll see him again @ 7:00 pm, Oct. 30th.

Art Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 02:24 PM
  #60
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 32,560
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearTheFlyers View Post
Way to show loyalty to a guy that battled through absolutely everything to try bringing a cup to this city.

Playing through the most ridiculous injuries and always giving 200% regardless of his talent level, which wasn't half bad.

A true team guy, and truly classless of you to bash him.
amen. no need to bash the guy. he gave this team everything he had for the time he was here. totally uncalled for.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 02:57 PM
  #61
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 112,567
vCash: 50
Handzus before getting hurt had the 4th longest iron man streak. To call him injury prone you are obviously uninformed

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 05:15 PM
  #62
FlyersFanJS
Registered User
 
FlyersFanJS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Hellertown, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,928
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Handzus before getting hurt had the 4th longest iron man streak. To call him injury prone you are obviously uninformed
absolutely...i am happy with the trade but hate to see zus go. he played with a ton of heart and desire

FlyersFanJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 02:32 PM
  #63
Cuiff
Registered User
 
Cuiff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Abington (Philly)
Country: Italy
Posts: 2,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston Wolf View Post
Why even respond to Cuiffitelli? You should know by now that he's one of the biggest tools on this board.


Good luck to Handzus in Chicago, he's one player I'll truly miss playing for the Orange and Black.

Ha, ha. Nothing of intelligence to add so you must throw out insults. You sound more like a tool than I pal!

Cuiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 02:33 PM
  #64
Cuiff
Registered User
 
Cuiff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Abington (Philly)
Country: Italy
Posts: 2,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearTheFlyers View Post
Way to show loyalty to a guy that battled through absolutely everything to try bringing a cup to this city.

Playing through the most ridiculous injuries and always giving 200% regardless of his talent level, which wasn't half bad.

A true team guy, and truly classless of you to bash him.
Sorry, I call them how I see them. I was never a big fan of his. I respect his effort, but I could go out there and give 200%. Does that make me a keeper for the Flyers. I HOPE NOT!

Cuiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 02:34 PM
  #65
Cuiff
Registered User
 
Cuiff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Abington (Philly)
Country: Italy
Posts: 2,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trippyime View Post
When I think of oft-injured players, I think of players that miss time. If injury news wasn't released, would we always know if Handzus was injured when he played 237 out of 246 regular season games for the Flyers?

Just like how people like it. Play through injuries and then use it as the reason we did not get the cup. Almost all NHL player play through injuries. Come on guys he was a nice player but nothing special.

Cuiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 02:38 PM
  #66
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,984
vCash: 500
Wow - miss a few days due to vacation, and look what happens.

Thanks for your service Zeus - ever and always a warrior. It comes down to numbers, and there isn't room. Kick *** in Chicago.

Oh... and welcome Calder!! I love this deal!

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 11:08 PM
  #67
Nikkowar
Registered User
 
Nikkowar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Upper Darby
Country: Greece
Posts: 11,318
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Nikkowar Send a message via MSN to Nikkowar


******* you Clarkie. You wanted your big strong centers,well,Handzus was your big,strong center.

Then you got rid of him.

good job.

Nikkowar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 12:09 AM
  #68
mercury
Registered User
 
mercury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: South Philly/SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 11,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzapie View Post


******* you Clarkie. You wanted your big strong centers,well,Handzus was your big,strong center.

Then you got rid of him.

good job.
I am surprised that I lived to see the day that Clarke traded a 6'5" center for a 5'10" winger. That being said, we got a great return, and Calder is obviously psyched to play here.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 04:25 PM
  #69
Cuiff
Registered User
 
Cuiff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Abington (Philly)
Country: Italy
Posts: 2,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
I am surprised that I lived to see the day that Clarke traded a 6'5" center for a 5'10" winger. .....

LOL

Cuiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 05:05 PM
  #70
BringBackStevens
Registered User
 
BringBackStevens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 12,450
vCash: 500
i feel bad for zeus. great team guy and the city really embraced him.

that said, deal is great from our perspective.


so long pal

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2006, 02:25 PM
  #71
Nhlyounggun11
Registered User
 
Nhlyounggun11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkhead View Post
yah its gonna be hard playing under the best sweater in sports on a line with Havlat and Ruutu as opposed to playing with superstars like Kapanen and Brashear

Edit: I love the Flyers.... sorry just had to. Some people just need straightened out. This guy probably still thinks our first line is Sullivan-Zhamnov-Daze
Best sweater in sports?

Nhlyounggun11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2006, 04:20 PM
  #72
FoppaArGud
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: PHILLY
Country: United States
Posts: 395
vCash: 500
I was so bummed to see him go

I was hoping the Blackhawks- who make a business of losing and screwing their fans- would take sucka$$ Nedved for Calder but ce la vie. Handzus was just a fantastic defensive player and had incredible hockey sense. If you can manufacture pretty goals on a line with Radio and Brashear, you know you have some talent. Other than maybe Yelle I dont see anyone with the grapes this guy had, one tough Slovak!

FoppaArGud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2006, 04:26 PM
  #73
FoppaArGud
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: PHILLY
Country: United States
Posts: 395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkhead View Post
yah its gonna be hard playing under the best sweater in sports on a line with Havlat and Ruutu as opposed to playing with superstars like Kapanen and Brashear

Edit: I love the Flyers.... sorry just had to. Some people just need straightened out. This guy probably still thinks our first line is Sullivan-Zhamnov-Daze
If by best sweater you mean the nicest-looking one, I dont disagree; I have a bunch of Blackhawks jerseys (Mikita, Hasek rookie, JR) just because they look fresh.

What is the deal with Ruutu? I really like him but is he going to be ready to go or what? Handzus is a good setup man, he should post career numbers if that line is healthy/together. Calder is a better fit right now but the guts of Zus will be missed. He is going to get a hero's welcome when he comes back the way we do for guys like Theo Ratliff.

FoppaArGud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2006, 07:06 PM
  #74
Nhlyounggun11
Registered User
 
Nhlyounggun11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoppaArGud View Post
If by best sweater you mean the nicest-looking one, I dont disagree; I have a bunch of Blackhawks jerseys (Mikita, Hasek rookie, JR) just because they look fresh.

What is the deal with Ruutu? I really like him but is he going to be ready to go or what? Handzus is a good setup man, he should post career numbers if that line is healthy/together. Calder is a better fit right now but the guts of Zus will be missed. He is going to get a hero's welcome when he comes back the way we do for guys like Theo Ratliff.
He doesn't mean best looking sweater

Nhlyounggun11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:24 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.