HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Fake Bloggers

Old
08-11-2006, 05:36 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Fake Bloggers

Elephant man, Eklund, Montreal insider etc. What motivates thse guys." A pathetic need for attention?

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2006, 05:38 PM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro View Post
Elephant man, Eklund, Montreal insider etc. What motivates thse guys." A pathetic need for attention?
You got it.

In fact ,they want traffic on their sites to make more money out of all the ads they have. Simple as that. To engage any traffic you need false rumours and things to spice up the attention of the internet users. For some, it really works. I'm sure they get very good money from diff. ads.

TheDamned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2006, 05:41 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

I don't think they are fake per se.

More like they report the rumors they hear from their own sources.I don't really see anything wrong with that as long as they are not used as credible sources.

Bronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2006, 05:45 PM
Duff88

I don't read them at all personally, but here's something that might surprise the doubters:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMckenzie View Post
Everyone is free to have whatever opinion they want to have of Eklund, or anyone else for that matter, including myself, but if there are people suggesting he fabricated being at the Stanley Cup final as an accredited media member, I can tell you that he was there and accredited. He was in Carolina, he was in Edmonton. I saw him, I talked to him, quite a nice fellow.

Funny story. Sitting around having the media meal before a game in Carolina. An Edmonton radio guy was talking about stuff in general and then started to talk about "that guy who posts rumors on a website" and took a few shots at him even though he couldn't remember his name. Two people at the table knew who the radio guy was talking about -- me and Eklund. I didn't say anything because I didn't want to embarrass him. At first, Eklund didn't say anything, then he said to the radio guy very nicely, "the guy you're talking about is called Eklund and that's me." He and the radio guy actually shared a few laughs and Eklund handled the situation quite well, I thought.

Like I said, you can like him, you can dislike, you can take his stuff as gospel or you can take it as b.s., that's up to you. But he is what he is and, I don't think he tries to be anything else. As a side note, I found him to be much better plugged in during the lockout than he is now, but I can also tell you I go to his site every day because he has good people blogging there. If you want a great daily report on the Flyers, for example, or the Italian soccer team Panaccio's blog is must read. Anyway, I find his site useful, for whatever that is worth and he seems to be a pretty decent fellow, for whatever that is worth.

Duff88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2006, 05:59 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
I never understood how so many people can hate on them. For one, don't read anything they say if think they are bs. Two, a lot of times they tell us things that got proposed, then the other gm laughs and then nothing happens. Go figure, nothing happened, therefore anything the guy said looks bad, even though it WAS PROPOSED. Three...

I can keep making reasons, honeslty people should not need to go past 1, if you dont beleive, stop readin it

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2006, 06:18 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff88 View Post
I don't read them at all personally, but here's something that might surprise the doubters:
yeah yeah , but do you have a link for the story ? what are your sources ? ...

A lot of people simply don't understand what's the meaning of " rumour " . They don't realise that those guys are reporting inside talks betwen teams , or informations ; The fact that a trade wasn't done , doesn't mean that the teams didn't talk together

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2006, 06:31 PM
Habber

I love hockeybuzz. Whether you like Eklund or not, it's a great sit to visit as many of the bloggers are very good. And even in the offseason there are numerous blogs daily, by respected hockey guys.

He's got quite the collection of talent blogging over there. That can't happen unless you're pretty connected.

Habber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2006, 07:11 PM
Rowbear

If everything he posted came true, it's not really a rumour site... I don't think the intention of the site is to be TSN part 2.

Rowbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2006, 07:13 PM
steven91

It's very hard for bloggers to get a good rep, people are always pointing out when what they say MIGHT doesn't happen. Teams may be inserious discussion but inthe end the trade falls through.

steven91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2006, 07:30 PM
Blades 0f Steel

What people need is a healthy dose of what's called 'discretion'. I know it must be hard to stop salivating for some people who see any combination of Mike Ribeiro, Michael Ryder, Radek Bonk or David Aebischer in a rumour...but ask yourself, 'am I seeing what I want to see or is this actually worthy to speculate upon?'.

Furthermore, if you want to start knocking bloggers for silly rumours that were made up, then how about Bruce Garrioch, Al Strachan or Larry Brooks? They have considerably more credability, yet seem to fabricate everything they 'hear'.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2006, 08:15 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven91 View Post
It's very hard for bloggers to get a good rep, people are always pointing out when what they say MIGHT doesn't happen. Teams may be inserious discussion but inthe end the trade falls through.
Eklund has been proven to be false so many times that a dart board is more useful. If he is some Joe working for a radio station in phili making 40K so what. To think that someone would hear "chatter" from 30 teams is ludicrous. Like BG would leak to a phili radio guy but no one in Montreal. It makes no sense.

Old
08-11-2006, 08:17 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
I never understood how so many people can hate on them. For one, don't read anything they say if think they are bs. Two, a lot of times they tell us things that got proposed, then the other gm laughs and then nothing happens. Go figure, nothing happened, therefore anything the guy said looks bad, even though it WAS PROPOSED. Three...

I can keep making reasons, honeslty people should not need to go past 1, if you dont beleive, stop readin it
The bloggers are great with proposed but terrible with finalized. Its like having faith in a false god. You gotta have faith, and if you need proof, you have no faith.

Old
08-11-2006, 08:20 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Speaking of fake bloggers... check out my new blogsite:

www.blindgardiensblog.com

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2006, 08:53 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Eklund has been proven to be false so many times that a dart board is more useful.
You think that he's false because trades were not done , but that doesn't mean that there were zero talks betwen two teams . Is it so difficult to understand ?

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2006, 09:06 PM
StanAjax

Quote:
Its like having faith in a false god.
Is there any real God ? I mean, beside Koivu of course.

Am I a human if I'm not a sucker for stupid rumours and never went to Eklund's site ?

How can you have 70 cents of a point ?

So many questions, so few answers... If only Eklund could answer these.

StanAjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2006, 09:08 PM
MassiveHabs

Send a message via AIM to MassiveHabs
how is a blog fake? I mean it can be false, but isnt a blog ones own writings, that why i never read blogs

MassiveHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2006, 09:24 PM
znk

Quote:
Eklund has been proven to be false so many times that a dart board is more useful. If he is some Joe working for a radio station in phili making 40K so what. To think that someone would hear "chatter" from 30 teams is ludicrous. Like BG would leak to a phili radio guy but no one in Montreal. It makes no sense.
please stop saying stupid stuff...
Eklund is not fake. Dont take my word for it...
Check out what Bob Mckenzie has to say.
http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=5878069&postcount=38

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2006, 12:24 AM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by #ZAMBONI# View Post
You think that he's false because trades were not done , but that doesn't mean that there were zero talks betwen two teams . Is it so difficult to understand ?
He talks of a number of talks. Is he an insider with 30 teams. That hilarious. Is that so hard to understand. Think!

Old
08-12-2006, 12:25 AM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
please stop saying stupid stuff...
Eklund is not fake. Dont take my word for it...
Check out what Bob Mckenzie has to say.
http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=5878069&postcount=38
Who cares?

Old
08-12-2006, 12:39 AM
znk

Quote:
Who cares?
People who dont like malicious slandering.

Old
08-12-2006, 12:43 AM
znk

Quote:
He talks of a number of talks. Is he an insider with 30 teams. That hilarious. Is that so hard to understand. Think!
He has multiple contacts who are or arent insiders. He doesent have to be an insider. Just look at the bloggers on his site. Anyone of them could give him info, a friend of any one of them can give him some info. PJ stock for example he was blogger there, still has friends in the NHL and still has contact with his former agent. Is it so hard to imagine its at all possible he has legitimate sources? Really...you ask us to think. But did you even give it a try ?

Last edited by znk: 08-12-2006 at 12:54 AM.
Old
08-12-2006, 12:50 AM
DerekT

Toshiro is right! Who cares what makes sense, or what is logical! LET's BURN THE BLOGGERS AT THE STAKE!!!

Also, I just noticed this bank and points thing under our avatars, so I'm just posting to see what mine says.

znk

DerekT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2006, 01:02 AM
Shabutie

If everyone could possibly learn the term "Rumor", no one would call Eklund an idiot. Eklund posts what he hears (believe it or not the guy does have sources), which is what Rumors are....

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2006, 01:24 AM
bcrt2000

Bobby Mac has met Eklund before, and he doesn't believe he's a phony at all.

bcrt2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2006, 02:18 AM
MassiveHabs

Send a message via AIM to MassiveHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
If everyone could possibly learn the term "Rumor", no one would call Eklund an idiot. Eklund posts what he hears (believe it or not the guy does have sources), which is what Rumors are....
yup, but i tend to just ignore rumors, id rather jusdt worry about the actual news

MassiveHabs is offline   Reply With Quote