HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

SJS-Vancouver

Old
03-28-2013, 07:10 PM
ohnoeszz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen View Post
I hope Nucks fans stop trying to trade Mason Raymond.
So do intelligent nuck fans. He's proven a lot this year - and I say that as one of his previous detractors. He's being more sensible and skating himself into trouble far less. He's shown improved vision and a top quality shot with an improving sense of how to set it up. He looks like a whole new player, particularly playing with Schroeder (who is also starting to impress).

Booth is an unfortunate case of a decent player who gets paid more than he's worth. His offense is entirely independent of his linemates and so he isn't ideal as a 2nd liner. He makes a 3rd line dangerous but doesn't have the defensive aptitude to be more than the Breakout winger in his own zone so he has limited value on a defensive line. That said, he can produce chances out of nothing and always brings the play north. That has value - he's just tough to fit in a lineup.

He would be a good fit for the sharks (who I think could really use a physical fast player who plays a simple game and doesn't overpass) but his injuries turn a slightly too large contract into an unsightly cap issue. No reason for them to chance his health like the canucks are. Also Havlat is the superio rplayer. If they were looking to rebuild maybe its a swap to think about but IMO their best move is to retool and bring in new coaching to shake things up. They still a lot of talent for a few more years.

ohnoeszz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:21 PM
deckercky

Canucks shouldn't do the deal in the OP or a deal with Raymond. If the Canucks get Havlat. Replacing Booth with Havlat leaves the Canucks with an extra $750k that they can't afford next year, so then Havlat needs to get bought out next year, or lose Raymond next year? Better to pay Raymond who's proving a lot in his first healthy year since his 53 pt season, and brings a similar game to Havlat in a lot of ways.

If Booth needs to get waived or bought out next year, so be it. Canucks can't afford to add an expensive winger, and have a lot of solid winger prospects looking to make the lineup next year anyways.

deckercky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:26 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Seems kinda like a lateral move, top 6 forward for top 6 forward. Both with bad contracts. And we add.

Not really a fan and I see some SJ fans don't like it either. No from both sides.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:27 PM
CanucksSayEh

I prefer keeping Raymond and Booth. Both are awesome.

CanucksSayEh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:27 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
While I decline this trade easily, this isn't true. Booth may be a bit overpaid but he is a top 6 quality player.
I wish our fans could grasp this too.

He has actually been pretty good when healthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
This.

The only reason we should have any interest in Havlat is to get out of Booth's contract faster. Neither player is playing up their status, but Booth is more consistent when not injured - paradox that might be. I cannot see the purpose for either team doing this. San Jose gets stuck with longer term, while Vancouver doesn't get a better player.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen View Post
I hope Nucks fans stop trying to trade Mason Raymond.
I know. He is playing lights out. No interest in trading him since he will likely re-sign for cheap and he looks like he is a top 6 forward once again.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:31 PM
Brent Burns
TROTZTROTZTROTZTROTZ

SJ and VAN aren't good trading partners at this time IMO. Especially since they will be in the same division

Brent Burns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:36 PM
Burritscold
it sure is!

vCash: 121
Raymonds been one of our best players this year.

Burritscold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:43 PM
Isles_Guy*

Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
While I decline this trade easily, this isn't true. Booth may be a bit overpaid but he is a top 6 quality player.
no he isnt. he is a buyout candidate if someone doesnt take him off your hands...

he and Ballard both are

fans of other teams can see your team as well as you can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post

He has actually been pretty good when healthy.
its a good thing you arent pinochio

Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:44 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaveras4pres View Post
no he isnt. he is a buyout candidate if someone doesnt take him off your hands...

he and Ballard both are

fans of other teams can see your team as well as you can
Look at the username of the person you're responding to.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:50 PM
Dragon Priest
Elvenlegions

San Jose does need speed, Havlat brings that. When healthy, he is a pretty productive player, something the Sharks need at the moment. Raymond would be a good fit, IMO. But don't see why the Canucks should move him and don't see why Sharks should move Havlat at the moment. Havlat, I believe, also has a NMC, so he would have to waive it to go to Vancouver.

Dragon Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:55 PM
Isles_Guy*

Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
Look at the username of the person you're responding to.
why? the fact that hes obviously unaware that Booth has been a square peg in a round hole in vancouver, doesnt add validity to his statement. just because he's a Shark fan doesnt mean he's seen Booth fail as a Canuck

even without the team' cap woes Booth would be on the trade block

if you could get Samuelsson back for him youd do it instantly.

and im not saying id do the trade for Havlat, im just saying Booth isnt a good fit and is not a quality top 6er

based on play alone dump Booth to keep Raymond.... Raymond may not be a finisher... but he creates chances and plays hard every game,

Last edited by Isles_Guy*: 03-28-2013 at 08:03 PM.
Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote