HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flames Fans jumping ship. Introduction Thread

Old
03-28-2013, 07:45 PM
edog37

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirakzigil View Post
Yes it is true. Would be awesome to see that happen.
alright, there's clearly a story behind this, c'mon, time to fess up....

edog37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:47 PM
edog37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Alive View Post
Sadly we're done with the Flyers for the season. Until the playoffs I mean. Oh wait...

that's a true point. This team will never have the chance to slap the ever living hell out of Philly.....

edog37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 08:35 PM
SaturdayNightSlegr

Trivia question. Two former flame 50 goal scorers have gone to the cup finals with the pens. Who were they?

SaturdayNightSlegr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 08:40 PM
shureshot66
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturdayNightSlegr View Post
Trivia question. Two former flame 50 goal scorers have gone to the cup finals with the pens. Who were they?
Joey Mullen for sure.

Roberts the other?

shureshot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 08:41 PM
HandshakeLine
Completely bias

Quote:
Originally Posted by shureshot66 View Post
Joey Mullen for sure.

Roberts the other?
Roberts, no? 1991-92.

HandshakeLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 08:46 PM
Zirakzigil

vCash: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by edog37 View Post
alright, there's clearly a story behind this, c'mon, time to fess up....
Originally started as a website with Jokinen that you could change the dance moves. Then someone started it for Iginla for his countdown to his 500th goal I believe.

Dang... Just realized the last time I saw Iggy play live was when he scored that goal.

Zirakzigil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 08:47 PM
Zirakzigil

vCash: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandshakeLine View Post
Roberts, no? 1991-92.
Ya it was Roberts.

Zirakzigil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 08:48 PM
SaturdayNightSlegr

Yeah Roberts and j mullen

Hoping for a 3rd!

SaturdayNightSlegr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 09:47 PM
KaylaJ
i bent my wookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirakzigil View Post
Originally started as a website with Jokinen that you could change the dance moves. Then someone started it for Iginla for his countdown to his 500th goal I believe.

Dang... Just realized the last time I saw Iggy play live was when he scored that goal.
link. that was excellent that Calgary used it

KaylaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 04:02 AM
Trae

I'm going into work late on saturday to catch this game. So stoked.

Trae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 08:15 AM
Marns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Magnifique 66 View Post
If it counts I did cheer the Flames on back in 2004. Really wanted them to win and they got screwed in that game 6. Puck was in and they should have won it all
Me too, and agreed. They got screwed.

Marns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 10:05 AM
Dying Alive
I love u Phil

Quick Start Guide to Pens Fandom - Some things it's important for you to be familiar with if you're going to be hopping on the bandwagon.

We're all Bandwagoners - True. There were no Pens fans before Crosby was drafted. None. In fact, some of us question whether the NHL even existed before 2005 at all. We have yet to see any compelling evidence.

Pens tanked to get Crosby/Malkin/Fleury/etc. - Obviously true. A team with Dick Tarnstrom as its leading scorer should clearly be trucking everyone else night in and night out. Imagine if they hadn't been bankrupt and could actually afford to pay a real NHL'er or two. They might have given the 80s Oilers a run for their money...except they wouldn't have bothered. Easier just to tank.

The Crosby Lottery was rigged - Also true. Flying in the face of all logic that a rigged lottery would have sent him to a large market or one of Bettman's sunbelt teams, he was awarded to the Penguins via a clandestine plot and weighted ping pong balls. Never bring up the point that the Pens were the worst team in the NHL the season before the lockout and thus had the best chance of winning the lottery anyway. Nobody cares for your fancypants "facts."

Pens almost moved to KC because they had no fans - Since it's already been validated that they had no fans, this is true. A corrupt former owner, an absolute ****hole of an arena with a terrible lease agreement, and inept local politics played absolutely no part in it whatsoever. It's also of no relevance to point out strong tv ratings even when attendance wasn't the greatest. Nobody was actually watching.

Gary Bettman loves us and makes sure we win at all costs - I mean, who wouldn't, right? I'm really not clear on whether he pays the refs out of his own pocket or if there's a petty cash fund set aside for it, though.

The Penguins are an "arrogant organization" - from the owners to the janitors, nothing but arrogance. John Tortorella says so.

Welcome aboard.

Dying Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 10:11 AM
Pinguinla
SCF Game 7

Quote:
Quick Start Guide to Pens Fandom - Some things it's important for you to be familiar with if you're going to be hopping on the bandwagon.

We're all Bandwagoners - True. There were no Pens fans before Crosby was drafted. None. In fact, some of us question whether the NHL even existed before 2005 at all. We have yet to see any compelling evidence.

Pens tanked to get Crosby/Malkin/Fleury/etc. - Obviously true. A team with Dick Tarnstrom as its leading scorer should clearly be trucking everyone else night in and night out. Imagine if they hadn't been bankrupt and could actually afford to pay a real NHL'er or two. They might have given the 80s Oilers a run for their money...except they wouldn't have bothered. Easier just to tank.

The Crosby Lottery was rigged - Also true. Flying in the face of all logic that a rigged lottery would have sent him to a large market or one of Bettman's sunbelt teams, he was awarded to the Penguins via a clandestine plot and weighted ping pong balls. Never bring up the point that the Pens were the worst team in the NHL the season before the lockout and thus had the best chance of winning the lottery anyway. Nobody cares for your fancypants "facts."

Pens almost moved to KC because they had no fans - Since it's already been validated that they had no fans, this is true. A corrupt former owner, an absolute ****hole of an arena with a terrible lease agreement, and inept local politics played absolutely no part in it whatsoever. It's also of no relevance to point out strong tv ratings even when attendance wasn't the greatest. Nobody was actually watching.

Gary Bettman loves us and makes sure we win at all costs - I mean, who wouldn't, right? I'm really not clear on whether he pays the refs out of his own pocket or if there's a petty cash fund set aside for it, though.

The Penguins are an "arrogant organization" - from the owners to the janitors, nothing but arrogance. John Tortorella says so.

Welcome aboard.
Amazing This should be stickied at the top of the Penguins board!

Pinguinla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 10:17 AM
Darth Vitale
Dark Matter

Haha. Definitely "Bronzed Post" material. Well done.

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 10:30 AM
Boombox Generation
#LGB

Quote:

Welcome aboard.
This is fantastic. I almost want a framed poster of this to hang in my apartment.

Boombox Generation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 11:23 AM
billybudd
5 cups pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaJ View Post
link. that was excellent that Calgary used it
This website is mesmerizing.

billybudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 11:49 AM
Gaudfather
Johnny Hockey

vCash: 50
I'm all in.

Get it done.

Gaudfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 12:32 PM
Axman
MoreSkilledThanYou

Well done Dying Alive.

Axman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 12:57 PM
stlflamesfan

I am a Flames fan living in St. Louis. My main team will always be the Flames and secondary team will be the Blues. However as far as this season is concerned, GO PENGUINS!!!!!! Hopefully the Penguins get the cup and I would imagine as hungry as Iginla is for one, they will not let him down. If the Penguins win the cup, I will be buying a shirt and hat the first day I can to support the best player to ever put on a Flames jersey... Jarome Iginla.

stlflamesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 01:04 PM
MtlPenFan

Quote:

Welcome aboard.
Sweet Jesus, that's the best thing I've ever read

MtlPenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 01:14 PM
MtlPenFan

Don't forget how much the refs love us. Remember how many PP's we got last night against the Jets, even though the Pens had the puck for 80% of the game?

Also, let us not forget how many games Steckel got for this:

And how many games repeat offender and resident sociopath Steve Downie received for a reverse figure four leg lock:

MtlPenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 01:19 PM
spcastlemagic

I got a lot of props wearing my Iginla Flames jersey on the Southside yesterday. So we're sending the love back Calgary

spcastlemagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 01:48 PM
OGBobbyFarnham

Just a heads up for you converteds, Iginla probably won't play tomorrow. Game time is 1pmEST and Iginla is still in Calgary working things out to get to Pittsburgh.

OGBobbyFarnham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 01:52 PM
Flamester

I always told myself that if iggy was going to play for any team other team other then Flames, i want it to be pittsburgh. im still sad that he's gone, but im excited that he about to play with the number 1 center man in the world, Its bitter sweet to say the least. Anyways im rooting for the pens all the way this year, im about to order my Penguins jersey, with #12 on the back and can finally look forward to playoff hockey. lets win iggy a cup, GO PENS GO.

Flamester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 02:24 PM
Jaded-Fan

Premature perhaps,

But I am wearing the current front runnr for the new playoff avatars. Thought Flame fans here would enjoy them.

Jaded-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote